• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Kirby and the Forgotten Land demo available now + new overview trailer (UPDATE: previews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how many worlds there are going to be. We’ve seen grass, beach, desert, carnival, snow, and lava. That’s six worlds, which is the same amount as in the 3DS games. That could be it, or there could be one or two others.

Yep this is gonna be my dream Kirby game alright (my personal favs are return to dreamland and planet robobot). Also hard mode from the start!? Hell yeah! Just played the demo and it was 🔥

Btw I don't see the problem with "the game is easy". Mario Odyssey was easy as hell before the "post game"

This games campaign will almost certainly be much easier than Mario Odyssey by design, just like 2d Kirby has always been much easier than 2d mario.

I just finished the demo. Holy shit what a good taste of the game. They nailed Kirby's transition into 3D!!!

I want to play more of this so badly. Hype is through the roof now for the full game.

I'm curious to see if Kirby is using that FSR thing from AMD that Switch Sports is using. These visuals are crisp.

That was a blast of a demo. HAL truly got Kirby right in 3D. Not the toughest but that's to be expected. The boss was fun and took a little bit of time.

Just finished it, it's really good! The game looks lovely, the depth of field effects really make it pop, there was one section that almost felt like stereoscopic 3D lol

I like how creative they're getting, just in that short demo there was a lot of good stuff. The boss battle was very good too, felt very cinematic.

It plays very similar to 2D Kirby but in a 3D space, it's really similar to 3D World in that regard. I felt that the feedback when you're hitting enemies could be a bit better, but that has always been a problem for me with the 2,5D Kirby games.

The game will be another great addition to the Switch library.

Last edited:
i have never played kirby but loved odyssey. im downloading the demo now but just gotta ask anyway. are his copy abilities permanent once acquired and kirby will be able to change at will? or its gonna work something like cappy in smo

I have never played kirby but loved odyssey. im downloading the demo now but just gotta ask anyway. are his copy abilities permanent once acquired and kirby will be able to change at will? or its gonna work something like cappy in smo
It works similar to Cappy. You only have one ability at a time. And you reset to no ability upon finishing a level.

Just finished the demo. Agreed with everyone saying this is 2D Kirby translated perfectly into 3D. Will be a fun game to relax with. I can already see myself getting hooked to collecting stars and building up that town.

i have never played kirby but loved odyssey. im downloading the demo now but just gotta ask anyway. are his copy abilities permanent once acquired and kirby will be able to change at will? or its gonna work something like cappy in smo

No, Kirby will keep the ability as long as he doesn't get hit. If your hit, the ability will transform into a star that wander around a bit, if you're able to swallow that star again before it disappears, you get the ability again.

HAHA YEAH WE JUST RELEASED 7 TRIPLE A OPEN WORLD GAMES

OH YEAH HAHA HES A 100+ HOUR RACING GAME AND 100+ HOUR STRATEGY RPG IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH

HAHA ANY TIME FOR A KIRBY DEMO?? HAHA GO FOR IT BUDDY

help me

please

Thank fuck that this isn't another open world game. There's some hope for the future at least!

Forgotten Land is exactly what I'm looking for from Nintendo in general though. A great, well designed action platformer/adventure with proper handcrafted level design. God that's SO rare these days!

It's a short demo but very fun. This game has the potential to be something special. It's rough around the edges though.

1). Still no sound effects during FMV's, and many missing sound effects during gameplay. No enemy grunts, no environment sounds. Really, really basic. Mix is also wonky with voice samples being barely audible.

2). Framerate in trailers was unlocked. This demo is 30FPS, with distant objects updating at half rate. UI is 60FPS though. If there ever was a clear case of "gonna be Switch 4K Enhanced" this'd be it.

3). Co-op is very fun and both Kirby and Waddle-Dee have great movesets. It's more of a brawler than a platformer, which works much better in a 3D space than 3D World, which didn't work for me at all.

We had a very strange control issue the first time we opened the game though, with controls not registering or registering wrongly. Very weird, but restarting the demo fixed it. So if you find the controls to be wonky restarting the demo might help.

Didnt find Wild Mode particularly hard but its a fun game and looks great on the Switch on my 4K monitor, couple little framerate slowdowns but great start

Demo was super fun, I love the levels having side objectives and the abilities and Mouthful mode all played really well.

The upgraded abilties were also really fun to use, especially Gigant Sword and Chakram

Also love hearing that the time trial levels are challenging even in the first world, makes you wonder how tight they'll be late game

My youngest is absolutely gonzo about Kirby.

He has two Kirby plushes, mommy made him a crochet Kirby, and he's frightengly aces at QuickDraw.

But he has no idea Kirby exists anywhere except Kirbys adventure on nes. Downloading the demo now. He's going to love this. The demo has the same multi as what we've seen from the videos right? The others are going to be all over it too.

I'll have to get in on the controller rotation.

I enjoyed that, it was lovely! I love Kirby's little emotes on the D-pad.

I hope this does well. The world needs more Kirby.

It works similar to Cappy. You only have one ability at a time. And you reset to no ability upon finishing a level.

Just finished the demo. Agreed with everyone saying this is 2D Kirby translated perfectly into 3D. Will be a fun game to relax with. I can already see myself getting hooked to collecting stars and building up that town.
Seriously. Coming off Sifu and now Elden Ring, I'm looking forward to playing a game that doesn't actively try to kill me.

2). Framerate in trailers was unlocked. This demo is 30FPS, with distant objects updating at half rate. UI is 60FPS though. If there ever was a clear case of "gonna be Switch 4K Enhanced" this'd be it.
Star Allies was exactly the same, I don't think that points to anything.

That's a shame. Did SA also have unlocked framerates in it's trailers?
I don't remember if it was unlocked, but in Star Allies the minigames and UI are 60fps, and the main game is 30fps with drops, so it could just be a similar thing here. Trailer could've just been unfinished.

just finished the demo. It‘s really good, graphics, design, music, pacing.
It feels like a constant hormone injection of pure happiness, haven’t felt that playing a game for a while.

I’ll unfortunately have to wait to play the demo, but in the meantime, I’m going to make myself a new avatar in celebration of Kirby’s greatness.

Happiest news of the week for me!! I'm a sucker for some free stuff and I want so badly to play this, gonna download right away!! Also this trailer shows so much stuff, damn, this game is HUGE.

I’m in my “media blackout” stage of the release and avoid watching trailers and such, but I am so looking forward to this. Going to be a nice game to jump into after I’ve finished Horizon: Forbidden West.

Observations from the overview trailer

-Looks like Duck Ballerina is the new mini boss for tornado if I had to guess

-Meta Knight Sword is probably how they get his playstyle into the main game, looks to be a branching path between agile meta knight or stocky Gigant Sword

-Same with a branch between strong with Wild Hammer and Fast with Toy Hammer

-Deep Sleep is new, but no real indication of what it does, could be that each upgrade is just a more elaborate way to do nothing

-You can drill in the air into the ground with Pencil Drill

-Storm Tornado seems sick, but not sure of the difference between it and the other tornado upgrade

-Time Crash is just full time stop, seems like a good way to upgrade a one use ability, I imagine it will have another upgrade with some other one time super power

-Desert Resort Level and Volcano level among the new levels

-Stuff like Stair and Dome mouth will just be one time use things to move objects around rather than the more fleshed out mouthfuls like Vending and Car

-Pipe mouth seems like a more hectic less controlled Car mouth

-Multiple sub games are available not just the Kirby Tilt game

-We know Colosseum can upgrade up to 3 stars, curious to know how it changes each time

-Waddle Dee is a ride along during Mouthful modes that involve travel

-Glad to know the Cafe mini game gets super hectic as you go deeper, it seemed a bit too easy at first

-New Dedede swinging pillars around and his new title is His Royal Nemesis.

-We seem to get a glimpse of a new bomb upgrade, seems like an improved chain bomb

-New Ranger upgrade is Space ranger seems more like targeted damage vs the two barrels of noble ranger

-Roller Coaster Mouth is cool, and we get a full coaster level

Also 10 minutes of gameplay:

Does save progress carry over? Trying to decide whether to play or wait for the full game. But it comes out the day before my b-day so I may save it to play it from the start then.

Does save progress carry over? Trying to decide whether to play or wait for the full game. But it comes out the day before my b-day so I may save it to play it from the start then.
Doesn’t seem like it. But the demo can be easily done in around 30-40 minutes, and after you finish you get some codes you can use in the full game.

only request, let me invert the camera you monsters
20220303-093120.jpg

Doesn’t seem like it. But the demo can be easily done in around 30-40 minutes, and after you finish you get some codes you can use in the full game.
Thanks for the info! Gonna try to resist. 😃

It's weird that they tell you to hold Y to let go of an ability when it's way quicker to do it by simply pressing the minus button.

I didn't experience anything weird with the audio during my playtime, for the record

They just mean that there are no soundeffects in the CGI cutscenes. Which isn't a bug or unfinished, that's just how Kirby CGI cutscenes have always been.

3d world is my favorite 3d mario where as i didnt care for odyssey much this being more like 3d world sounds great for me

I am so ready for this game! Kirby games are just so good!!

I’m especially excited to know what’s up with this game’s story… I’m guessing they’re gonna continue with some of the lore from Star Allies and Super Kirby Clash, and judging by the portal in the intro, it seems like Another Dimension is likely involved, too…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom