• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Kirby and the Forgotten Land demo available now + new overview trailer (UPDATE: previews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome! Did we know a demo was coming out? I can't remember them ever announcing that, so to me that's a pretty cool surprise.

pretty small in size

37ed26ad-d032-4b89-8gcjz5.jpeg

Difficulty setting Wild and Breeze
Definitely not open World. Very traditional 3D levels. Way too much Super Mario 3D World than Odyssey.
Feel and touch are great.

Haven't played but few minutes but I have only pros for this now: Beautiful, plays well, feels like a proper platformer, Sound and music are great, some already hilarious stuff.

previews

Well, played the first level and... god it looks beautiful on the OLED screen. Super duper fun!

This looks amazing!

First time I'm really interested in a Kirby game since playing that Kirby NES game 20+ years ago or something.

A DEMO?!?! I am about to get on a flight, fuck yea I love Kirby month

edit: calming down (no caps lol)

This looks fantastic!

Wait.

“Switch pro can’t come soon enough”

“It literally hurts my eyes”

“Looks like a PS2 game”

Am I doing it right?

;)

Tbh I’m not expecting huge difficulty from Kirby, I just don’t want the borderline mindlessly easy gameplay of Star Allies. If it’s as “hard” as Triple Deluxe or Super Star Ultra that’s fine.

Tbh I’m not expecting huge difficulty from Kirby, I just don’t want the borderline mindlessly easy gameplay of Star Allies. If it’s as “hard” as Triple Deluxe or Super Star Ultra that’s fine.
Wild Mode, as it's called, which ramps up the enemy placement and how hard they hit. Calling it a hard mode is perhaps overstating things a little, mind - with Wild Mode activated, running through Kirby and the Forgotten Land's levels is easy rather than effortless.

Cool to see Nintendo continue their recent trend of putting out demos for most major games. I'm excited to try this later!

Wow in just over a month we have two moments as Nintendo fans to experience a classic series transition to full 3D, waking up on a beach ala Links Awakening. Both cases got me emotional.

Just finished the demo. Wow it's great! Controls are amazing, music is great, graphics are awesome, level design is great, abilities are fun. The final demo boss was not super easy. It's Mario 3d World but better.

Difficulty in the first world here is on par with the first two worlds out of 3D World for anyone being concerned.

If you didn't have a problem with the difficulty in 3DW, it won't be a problem here. Plus just like 3DW, it has lots of gameplay variety/twists to keep things fun and interesting.

It even has level missions and a more exploratory element to its stages than 3DW so in that way it even has a upper hand in comparison.

Otherwise, the game controls great, looks beautiful and the music sounds wonderful. I'm so excited.

Ugh, previews are comparing Elden Ring to Kirby. Apples and oranges. Elden is timing based one on one combat game while Kirby is straight up a beat em up. If you excel in one of these styles that game will be "easy" for you.

I'm loling IRL at all the previews that say that this game, and all Kirby games, are "easy".

Clearly they've never gotten to the end of any game in the series before...
Sadly the same will happen with reviews lol

Just finished the demo. Wow it's great! Controls are amazing, music is great, graphics are awesome, level design is great, abilities are fun. The final demo boss was not super easy. It's Mario 3d World but better.
How long is it? Just one level and boss?

Oh wow, didn't see a demo coming!

I'll wait a while before getting this, I have too much to play already, so it's good to have an appetizer so I can I check how it is

Demo?! Dammit! I have to be at work for most of the day.

Anyway, between this and Triangle Strategy I will have enough to do in my free time.

This looks fantastic!

Wait.

“Switch pro can’t come soon enough”

“It literally hurts my eyes”

“Looks like a PS2 game”

Am I doing it right?

;)
"Literally unplayable" is the only one you missed

So it's more 3D World than Odyssey? Well Odyssey is my favourite Mario, but really if that the big but of the review, that's pretty good going. I'll take 3D World just fine. I thought that's really more what we were expecting anyway.

After listening to the NL review playing that theme music constantly, I'm now humming it (sort of).

Oh wow, didn't see a demo coming!

I'll wait a while before getting this, I have too much to play already, so it's good to have an appetizer so I can I check how it is
I'm buying the game day one, so I think I'm gonna skip the demo. I don't want to spoil myself, I already know I'm gonna love it.

HAHA YEAH WE JUST RELEASED 7 TRIPLE A OPEN WORLD GAMES

OH YEAH HAHA HES A 100+ HOUR RACING GAME AND 100+ HOUR STRATEGY RPG IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH

HAHA ANY TIME FOR A KIRBY DEMO?? HAHA GO FOR IT BUDDY

help me

please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom