• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Kirby and the Forgotten Land demo available now + new overview trailer (UPDATE: previews are out, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new game mechanics are ok, but I think my main interests will be to experience the worlds/story/character-design and maybe building up the town. Visually the game looks really good and because the Gameplay is rather slow, it doesn‘t matter to much that it isn‘t 60 fps (but of course it would be nice).

What I like about this transition to 3D, is that while yes it has some platforming, Kirby pretty much has always played as a sort of brawler, which power ups having various move sets you can utilize if you want to.

Moving it to 3D will be able to showcase that quite well.

That said, I hope we still get 2D entries as well like Mario did.

Ideally we can now get: classic Kirby, 3D Kirby, and the weird experimental spin off Kirby games.

Game is fantastic. I do hope there is a higher difficulty level that you can unlock. Also additional modes like in Star Allies that remixes the levels.

The mouthful modes are so charming, I might buy the game just for that. I want to see what other wacky ideas they have.

Hoping when reviews come out they'll say the difficulty in later stages increases more, the demo was too easy-going for me.

Just played the demo. The game is beautiful, feels great to play, i love the music. Excited to see (and play) the other levels, power-ups and boss fights, the trailer at the end shows there's so much more.

Well, that demo exceeded my expectations.

Between this and Arceus, this is the year of old franchises getting fresh starts! I’m so happy they finally transitioned this series to 3D.

This absolutely blew me away, and my expectations were already pretty high. I'm very excited for the game

Freezing the gorilla with the ice power as the ice gradually spreads across its body until it takes a bunch of health away at once is really fun.

I know I'm gonna spend all weekend playing this at launch.

Played through the demo solo and in co-op, had a blast both times. Now the wait for the game will be that much harder.

It’s been a while since I’ve played a Kirby game, but this really feels like they’ve nailed the 3D debut. It’s the same fun Kirby gameplay, but the extra dimension really helps it to feel novel. Obviously this is more 3D World than Odyssey, but even just being able to wander for a bit to take in the lush, novel environments adds a lot.

Based on the amount of abilities and mouthful modes you get in the first three levels seems like there’ will be plenty of variety in this game.

I'm loling IRL at all the previews that say that this game, and all Kirby games, are "easy".

Clearly they've never gotten to the end of any game in the series before...
But they are easy outside of the hardcore boss rush modes. I hope the difficulty setting in this game means it's going to have some challenge in the main game.

They really nerfed Kirby's float like crazy, as far as I can tell it actually caps his vertical ascent in addition to the limited airtime, which I guess makes sense for a 3D platformer. The only other Kirby game I think to limit his flight is 64, and to this day I'm still not sure why.

Also, I can't help but feel without the classic Kirby doors something is missing. They should find a way to make them work in 3D:

FM_HACVVIAAf9jR

Also, I can't help but feel without the classic Kirby doors something is missing. They should find a way to make them work in 3D:

FM_HACVVIAAf9jR
I surprisingly feel the opposite. While I never minded the segmented level structure of other Kirby games, it's kinda refreshing to have more seamless levels - not completely because of loading zones and Warp Stars, but the illusion of it being one big place is there.

I do think that keeping the star doors for bonus/puzzle rooms would have been a nice touch, though.

Loved the demo. I don't mind the difficulty being easy. It'll be a chill, cute, and collectable kind of game and I'm good with that. I did find the gorilla boss a little challenging as far as dodging (I'll have to get used to the controls. I'm currently playing SMB3DL so I'm still in that control scheme). Looking forward to the town building and collecting everything in a stage + finding secrets.

It’s been a while since I’ve played a Kirby game, but this really feels like they’ve nailed the 3D debut. It’s the same fun Kirby gameplay, but the extra dimension really helps it to feel novel. Obviously this is more 3D World than Odyssey, but even just being able to wander for a bit to take in the lush, novel environments adds a lot.

Based on the amount of abilities and mouthful modes you get in the first three levels seems like there’ will be plenty of variety in this game.

Yeah I was quite surprised that most of the mouthful modes we saw in the trailer were in these first few levels, with multiple different ones in the same level. Speaks well to the variety going forward!

I quite enjoyed this demo. This probably has already been said, but it reminds me of Super Mario Galaxy; 3D platformer, but fairly linear with segments attached to one another by way of stars that help you travel between them.

I also like the course objectives (and hidden objectives) that nudge you to mess with the environment in different ways.

I already had it pre-ordered, but yeah, I'm looking forward to playing it later this month.

Never been a big Kirby fan but enjoyed this a lot. Played 2 levels then quit and went straight to pre-order

Not really a Kirby guy — nothing against Kirby, but have only played Epic Yarn. This was fun! The mouthful transformations were awesome, will be exciting to see where those go if you get these so early on. Shooting cans as the vending machine was 😘👌

Hold on, Dedede's been redesigned to look like he did in Dreamland 3/The Crystal Shards? I love it!

I finally had the chance to play the demo and it was very good, and the music theme was awesome. The only thing I found weird is how limited the floating is, but I guess it's needed in order for the levels to be more cohesive with the rest of the abilities

One thing that it is interesting (at least for me) is that they seem to have changed the main theme a bit, or at least have two versions of it.

This is the music that plays in the January Trailer:

And this is from the Demo:

The more guitary version in the demo sounds so much better.

I need to stop playing demos of games I already know I’m going to get, because now I’m just sad that I can’t play any further until the end of the month.

🥺

Played the demo, had a lot of fun. The linearity of the levels seems offset by their interactivity and freezing the gorilla boss was great.

The demo tempered my hype a little bit.
A bit too simple, easy and linear. I'll wait for reviews to know the amount of content in the final game.

Played through the demo solo and in co-op, had a blast both times. Now the wait for the game will be that much harder.
How many players can co-op in the full game?

Edit - Looks like only 2, shame given all the 3D World comparisons in this thread?

I'm pretty sure 2 is the max.
Thanks.

I just tried the game with my son who’s almost 4. It’s brilliant! First time I’ve enjoyed a Kirby game. The visuals remind me more of Odyssey than 3D World, but the gameplay feels really like its own thing. Love it.

Played the first level. Can confirm this is totes adorbs and cribbing very hard from the 3D World template.

Hook this game up to my veins!!

this appears to be the same as the one nintendo UK uploaded last week, but with american narration instead of british.
Ah, that explains why it turned up in a NintendoLife article last week but wasn't listed anywhere on NoA's YT feed

Played the demo the day it came out and it was really great! Not sure if I'll pick it up at launch as I've only just managed to get a PS5 and want to play through a few games, but I'm really looking forward to getting to play it down the line. I even got a little surprise when I opened up the demo again a couple if days after playing it to see that all the copy abilities had been upgraded to their max/final form, so played through the demo again with those. I really like the ability to level them up.

I wasn't planning on buying it but I played the demo and... I really really liked my time with it. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom