• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News IndieWorld Showcase on 4/17 at 7am PT/16:00 CEST, roughly 20 minutes long

That Schim game being a little frog jumping in shadows looks really nice

Oh my god Duck Detective looks so heckin CUTE

Oh word, I forgot about Another Crab's Treasure, glad to know it's coming out next week

And hey hey, another Steamworld game after all, who was asking for that Heist sequel?

I came away with 6 or 7 games I'm interested in, so I'm pretty happy

Europa and AntonBlast demos and Lorelei next month were the fun parts for me, even if Lorelei looks completely baffling.

If you asked me what's going to release first between silksong and switch 2 I might just

Probably the last one of these I watch. some neat looking stuff but a really strange grabbag of games. Just feels like the indie scene lately isn't for me.

Aww, no Rift of the Necrodancer news. Was really hoping for a new release date. Oh well, I still came out of this one with a few games that interest me.

good stuff! that shadow-hopping game “SCHiM” that was in the sizzle reel looked really cool.

Silksong should be coming out by the summer with all those ratings showing up. Would not be shocked if it gets a shadow drop like Hollow Knight at Xbox Showcase or Nintendo Direct in the summer.

Indie games have really stepped up in terms of scope and graphical fidelity, which when combined with the ever-present gameplay variety that indie games offer adds up to a plethora of excellent looking titles.

Solid direct. Can’t wait for Silksong to be out just so that people go into these presentations with the right expectations.

this was one of the best nintendo shows for my wallet in years
sassy fucker

I will say I'm pretty done with the way Nintendo structures presentations and Indie World is the worst offender.
One last thing, long awaited sequel, cool game and then they don't even play a real trailer. They let that shit play for 3 frames before they start yapping again. Let the games speak for themselves for a bit, damn

Solid direct. Can’t wait for Silksong to be out just so that people go into these presentations with the right expectations.
After that, people with probably just ask for Silksong DLC. Silksong is the Smash of the indie Directs.

I am so blown away by Europa, it looks tailor-made for me. I can’t wait to try the demo.

I never really cared for Hollow Knight, so couldn’t care less about the lack of Silksong.

This was a great indie world direct, mainly in terms of release dates for games I was already interested in. Counted at least 10 for this year (and 4 within the next month as well I think).

Little Kitty Big City
Another Crabs Treasure
Lorelei and the laser eye
Antonblast
Animal Well
Schim
Europa
Stitch.
Valley Peaks
Duck Detective

Hopefully these games wont get drowned out by 'where is Silksong', which was never going to appear here anyway (and the spectre of which had ruined almost any conversation on this type of direct for a long time now)

Fun show, I really liked seeing Antonblast on there and the Steamworld announcement. I have no idea who's making the TMNT game but that got me too lol fingers crossed it's a good effort.

Some cool stuff:

• Little Kitty, Big City (I love cats)
  • Yars Rising
  • Anton Blast
  • Europa
  • TMNT: Splintered Fate
  • Cat Quest III
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Definitely snatching up the demos for Antonblast and Europa. The big thing for me though was Stitch, it looks like a cozy puzzler and the embroideries all look nice.

Steamworld Heist 2 is certainly huge too, but I think I can wait for a sale on that one because I have other tactics games in my backlog

Back
Top Bottom