• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News IndieWorld Showcase on 4/17 at 7am PT/16:00 CEST, roughly 20 minutes long

Ooh, how fun!

Normally I’m not into Indie Worlds, but now that I have a Steam Deck, I see them as showcases for games that I’ve never heard of but are probably already on Steam. haha

I'm always down for Indie Worlds. There's always a couple of titles that seem worth nabbing. If I'm not mistaken, they're also accompanied by big sales yeah?

I WANT TO BELIEVE

6f46018cba280f9d00176726fec6585e.jpg

Uh, wasn't the rumor that indie world would happen in April and then a general direct? Is Brazil sure he wasn't just backing out too soon? This is one part of the puzzle happening.

Kitty cat kitty cat kitty cat kitty cat! I can smell that cat from here, it's so close!

Also, the same games I've been requesting for every Indie World, once again: Against the Storm, The Raft, Partkitect.

Not going in expecting anything at all. I feel like if I know about a game already, then that means in general that it's too big for an Indie World.

I just want to come away interested in at least one game and I'll be satisfied tbh.

With all the rating leaks and the general lack of big news lately, I feel this is the most likely spot for a Silksong announcement yet. My clown make-up is at the ready.

I usually subscribe to the notion that Silksong is too big for this sort of event. But I don't know, folks, there's been too much smoke recently.

It doesn't have to be Silksong. There just has to be games in genres that are remotely interesting to Nintendo gamers/console gamers/classic gamers....handheld gamers...

I always love these because there is usually something in here that catches me off guard, making me want to play it day one. Also can't wait to see what shadowdrops....there is usually one of those in here.

I am going to sigh at the way people dismiss every non-silksong game like they always do
Yeah, it's really a shame, since indie devs rely on this so much as their main platform to advertise their game that they poured all their efforts into.

...and then these threads are 75% people just reposting the same tired Silksong memes because heaven forbid they have an original thought.

EDIT: Probably should specify that I didn't necessarily mean "these threads" here, since I think Fami tends to be better about it. But if you look at the other place, that thread is already full-blown meme posting.

I'd love to see a new game from the teams behind Yoku's Island Express, Splasher/Tinykin Tunic, Kaze and the Wild Masks, Dicey Dungeons, Bug Fables, Monster Boy, or Röki. I don't think we've seen anything from most of those for a long time.

I'd also be stoked to see AntonBlast.

Also feels beyond overdue to see a new PlayTonic game but I'm guessing that may not be at an indie world.

Oh, and I'd love an update on anything from Yacht Club Games.

Mostly would just be pleased to see any new intriguing indie of interest to me.

It doesn't have to be Silksong. There just has to be games in genres that are remotely interesting to Nintendo gamers/console gamers/classic gamers....handheld gamers...
If roguelikes didn't appeal to Switch users, why are so many still releasing?

It just feels you're projecting your own opinions onto millions of people...

Back
Top Bottom