• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News IndieWorld Showcase on 4/17 at 7am PT/16:00 CEST, roughly 20 minutes long

necrohype2.gif
I'm so ready

I'd love to see something on Mina the Hollower or Plucky Squire.

A good Etrian Odyssey Clone/Spiritual successor, a interesting survival horror game or something with a similar vibe to a Hat in Time would also be cool.

He is back.
affordable-space-adventures---button-sm-1559953190241.jpg
I'm not on the Hollow Knight hype train and will not be until after Silksong releases, but this would make me unironically super hyped and double dip so damn fast.

Best Wii U game ever.

yeah lmao

April is a great month to target for these, there's a precedent

everyone's trying to play 4D chess – losing the 2D forest for the 4D trees

this is almost exactly what I thought was going to happen tbh, not that it matters
I was just wondering if any insider had said anything about an upcoming Indie Direct.

It turns out Brazil had heard rumblings.

Balatro on phones through nso app!?
(sliksong for my fantasy critic league please please)

Do we still lean on what Grubb said about May having Metroid stuff? Unless I missed some info where that wasn’t a thing anymore. So May Direct perhaps?
tbh, the "Metroid stuff happening in May" thing is kind of a game of telephone that's trying to make it sound like Grubb said something more concrete than he actually did

What Grubb said was
  • a source told him sometime last year Nintendo wanted to have assets (as in, the kind of things you'd need for a trailer/re-reveal, etc) prepared by May 2024
  • that source also told him about Epic Mickey getting remastered
  • the latter being real made him somewhat more confident that Prime 4 could release this year

When the usual outlets started picking the story up, somehow that turned into getting reported as "Jeff Grubb CONFIRMS Metroid blowout this May definitely happening". Grubb then went onto twitter and clarified that that was the plan as of last year but it's been long enough since he heard about it that it could very well no longer be the plan, and that having marketing materials ready by May isn't the same as intending to kick off a marketing campaign in May
As always, let me tell you exactly what I know.
First, I don't know if the game is coming out this year. I do not know. As in I'm saying that I don't know, and if you agree I don't know, I won't be mad. But as of LAST YEAR, N was looking to get assets by May of this year. Those assets would likely include a CG trailer and possibly a gameplay trailer. Everything about this could've changed since I was last updated. And having assets in hand by May doesn't mean something happens in May. OK. Now you know everything I know. Feel free to ignore me.

Silksong is our modern Duke Nukem Forever, without it we will be empty! It should never release. There always musst be a Lich King game almost everyone is waiting for.

First you need to choose a new game to take it's place. Only then it can be released. :cool:

I was just wondering if any insider had said anything about an upcoming Indie Direct.

It turns out Brazil had heard rumblings.
ah lmao

I am not one of those

I kinda thought we uh burnt them all out...

Hello, today I would like (in no particular order):

Pizza Tower
The Plucky Squire
Katana Zero DLC
Ender Magnolia
New Intie Creates retro sidescroller
Chained Echoes 2
Konjak's new game (he made Iconoclast)
Games Atelier's new game (they made Monster Boy)
Eastward 2: They go Eastwarder

Goodbye.

Last edited:
Hello, today I would like (in no particular order):

Pizza Tower
The Plucky Squire
Katana Zero DLC
Ender Magnolia
New Intie Creates retro sidescroller
Konjak's new game (he made Iconoclast)
Games Atelier's new game (they made Monster Boy)
Eastward 2: They go Eastwarder

Goodbye.
Have you played the Eastward DLC? Otherwise it'll be a while before we see something new from them, I expect.

silksong is vaporware at this point imo; i'll just let whatever cool things revealed/shown surprise me

silksong is vaporware at this point imo; i'll just let whatever cool things revealed/shown surprise me
I’m definitely in it way more for other indies and the sheer ride of it. always have been. love that, that’s how it should be.

buuuuut Silksong hasn’t really been vaporware at any point, and is much less vaporware now that it’s rated

just on technicality

Nope to "He (Bonejack) made Iconoclasts" and nope to "New game", as i don't develop any game.

But since you corrected the name, let's just forget it. ^^
..................................I need to pay more attention to the names of the people I'm talking to online.

rcSJDmC.jpeg

who wants me to shadowdrop a nearly unplayable demo of GrΓΆgol Bonanza during Indie World

I used to love indie presentations at the beginning of the gen but the format has gotten pretty terrible these days. So let's just hope there are some notable games.

Either Silksong isn't there, and Hollow Knight fans continue to be obnoxious, or Silksong is there, and Hollow Knight fans continue to be obnoxious.
Those who kickstarted the game and were promised a Hornet campaign have a right to be somewhat annoyed at how long this has taken. Those people funded the original back in November-December of 2014.

Last edited:
Oh hey, I thought of my clown outfit to wear: Stardew Valley 1.6 update on Switch/Haunted Chocolatier updates πŸ™ƒ

..................................I need to pay more attention to the names of the people I'm talking to online.
In your defense, it is damn near impossible to read Bonejack's name unless you're specifically on dark mode theme on this forum πŸ˜‹

Are we thinking Lorelei and the Laser Eyes release date? Updates on Rift of the Necrodancer?
Oh dang, that's right, that is probably due for something, ain't it?

Wonder if the developers of Little Kitty, Big City now that it's gone gold as of a few days ago had a chance to sneak into this Indie World to also announce a release date.

Maybe Hades 2 will reappear after 500 years.

Streets of Rogue 2 getting a release date would be nice, but I imagine its unlikely given they recently appeared at the III initative.
Streets of Rogue 1 was one of my favorite roguelike and seeing that the 2 is now in an open world without a time limit (at least in one of the configuration of the game) is already making this one my most anticipated indie game of the year (take that, Silksong ! Don't you look silly now ?).

Nice! always enjoy a sweet indie showcase, the best part is pretty much always something I've never heard about that looks great and I pick up.
Hope tomorrow is no different.

Either Silksong isn't there, and Hollow Knight fans continue to be obnoxious, or Silksong is there, and Hollow Knight fans continue to be obnoxious.

cool post

And many farming games we all love, right?
I mean there is pixelshire hahaha. I don't mind farming games it's just none of them really match stardew or surpass it.

All jokes aside (and farming) I wonder if Little Sim World gets in this direct.

If you do it, I'll drop a build of my retro Zelda like "Zordle" that crashes.
ANNOUNCING:
INDIEFAMICON

tomorrow, we will bring our DEAD, our BROKEN, our UNFINISHED, our IN PROGRESS, and MAYBE ACTUALLY FINISHED games for Famikind to witness!

SteamWorld: Build was released in December, and SteamWorld: Headhunter which serves as a direct sequel to Dig 2 still needs to be dated and given platforms. I could see it making an appearance

Back
Top Bottom