• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News IndieWorld Showcase on 4/17 at 7am PT/16:00 CEST, roughly 20 minutes long

Quick thoughts on some of the games:
  • Little Kitty Big City is really cute looking! Though honestly, I might be gushing more about that performance, it looked so smooth.
  • Yar's Revenge being updated as a WayForward Metroidvania with an anime-esque aesthetic is objectively hilarious.
  • I want to finish those later Wario Land games first, but it's pretty wild that we're in an era of Wario Land 4 likes and I really wanna try Anton Blast afterward.
  • The environmental scale of some of these 3D games is quite lovely. Do I want to specifically play them on Switch? Not sure.
  • TMNT Hades? TMNT Hades. Can't fault a good inspiration.
  • I really should try those other Cat Quest games...
  • Stitch might have become my instant buy. I'm down for another number puzzle game that isn't Picross.
  • Hey, wait, go back to those two platformers from the sizzle reel, I wanna learn more!
  • Hey, look! A highly anticipated indie sequel to close off the showcase!
Pretty good show with neat stuff, as usual!

Last edited:
The major reason I want Silksong to be released is to stop having people spamming every indie direct with questions about it.
Instead of discussing what games we saw it's always about the god damn Silksong. Just release the damn game so we can properly discuss indie directs again.

Now on topic. Steamworld Heist 2 babyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

man I feel for these devs, imagine having to finally present your game and all you get is "DON'T CARE WHERE IS SILKSONG"

sigh
it would probably help if the voiceover would shut the fuck up for longer than five seconds but hey someone at nintendo gets paid a lot of money to figure out how best to advertise

the game was announced a long time ago

Nine Sols and Bo are actually two different games, but they both look awesome and are definitely going for that niche! I have both of them in my fantasy critic this year so fingers crossed they do well lol

Had an eye on Bo since its kickstarter. And of course people are just throwing "Silksong at home" around because it dares to be a hand-drawn Metroidvania :v
Because how dare other Indies be inspired by Hollow Knight and co!

Yars Rising look bad . good god way-forward WTF happen.
why avoid 2d pixel GFX. instead we got bad 3d with choppy fps

I kinda assume whenever Wayforward goes for 3D over 2D, it's sort of a Sonic Superstars-esque "the licenseholder wanted them to do it in 3D because they think it'll sell more than pixel-art/2D" scenario

it would probably help if the voiceover would shut the fuck up for longer than five seconds but hey someone at nintendo gets paid a lot of money to figure out how best to advertise

What does this have to do with people being upset that Silksong wasn't there?

Nine Sols and Bo are actually two different games, but they both look awesome and are definitely going for that niche! I have both of them in my fantasy critic this year so fingers crossed they do well lol
yeah i had a brain fart there lmao! in my defense they look so similar 😭

th

yeah i had a brain fart there lmao! in my defense they look so similar 😭

Hahah they do it's fair! And I'm sure Bo has been on a previous indie direct as well as nine sols lol which is probably why it was on the japan direct instead

the biggest win for me here is that Schim isn't vaporware. That's one of those games I wishlisted what must have been years ago after it showed up at some SGF/E3-adjacent thing and I was starting to think it was one of those thing that'd never come out

I really loved Yars Rising and Europa. I'm excited to play the demo for Europa today, it looks really great and to me felt like a dream Mario meets Zelda thing. Yars Rising stage design really reminded me of Metroid Dread and Yars is a character that clicked for me the moment I saw her, slay queen!!!

Lorelei and the Laser Eye reminds me of that long vaporware black and white horror/platformer game that was revealed for Wii awhile back. I really digged the concept and got a little excited when they said they'd revive it for Wii U but nothing came from it. Gonna watch more of Lorelei, it really looks like my thing.

I think it was a pretty solid presentation and a lot of variety with beautiful games all around.

The Antonblast demo is up on eShop.

I'm still looking forward to Antonblast and Lorelei, and I'm now also interested in BZZZT and Duck Detective. Europa is beautiful, but I don't think it's my cup of tea in terms of gameplay.

Looks nothing like Hollow Knight, what are you talking about?
come on now, the inspiration in some parts is very clear. the moveset, the screen when the character finds a new ability, the crystal peak looking area. not that it matters, hollow knight also borrowed a lot from other metroidvanias.

Great showcase, very good games shown in there. That Stitch game looks very well done mechanically which mustn't have been easy. I'm gonna have a blast in May between Endless Ocean and the little kitty.

I also got bo and nine sols confused for a minute there which is dumb on my part since nine sols has nice art direction and is by the folks who made devotion

lorelei looks great, hope that turns out well

this was one of the best nintendo shows for my wallet in years

Come on, dude! you're telling me you have the personality and the good tastes to love Endless Ocean yet you don't care about a kitty simulator, a stitching game or the duck detective? shame, shame..

Little Kitty Big City is really cute looking! Though honestly, I might be gushing more about that performance, it looked so smooth.

Which is a good sign, considering the steam demo from last year had some stuttering here and there, and also very bad collision detection when interacting with bystanders.

one of the best Indie ever, imho

Europa
Bo
SteamWorld Heist 2
the TMNT game

plus a couple of awaited release dates such as Lorelei

not bad at all!

Last edited:
Man, now May has Lorelei and the Laser Eyes, Animal Well and Paper Mario... what a good month.

Interested in Europa, Anton Blast, Lorelei, and Stitch. There were a couple games in the sizzle reel that looked interesting as well, but I didn't quite catch their name lol

Love me some indies

Just played the demo of Europa and it clearly needs to cook a bit more.
It appears to have a strong input lag on the jump button but it is in fact a charge jump system.
The character is a bit too slow for my own taste but that's a me problem.

There was one of the narration page that was written in spanish instead of french at one point and after finishing the second zone, the demo crashed and I got booted to the Switch HOME menu.

I hope to take a look at Stitch soon because it's basically my jam.

The sizzle reel exposed me to the game "Bzzt". Really fun little precision platformer. I picked it up on steam and am very into it!

Also glad to see SCHiM get a release date!

I think Cat Quest 3 had some footage with two players on screen.

@mazi Seems like Stitch deserves its own ST, doesn't it? Hay you tried it already?

it looks cool but it's not really my type of game. someone who's more into it should make a thread about it.

I am here waiting for impressions to buy it and I feel everyone else is doing the same 🥲

I am here waiting for impressions to buy it and I feel everyone else is doing the same 🥲
Yeah lol. I won't buy it until tomorrow afternoon at the least, so let's see if someone bites before.

Presentation seems on point, the price is ok for the content announced (180 puzzles, 15€), with daily and weekly puzzles, too. It reminds me of Picross somehow, that's why I summoned mazi, but it must be my thing according to his reply. I haven't understood the mechanics yet, as a Picross purist I'd play it with no assists but I'm still in the dark about how it works

Great IndieWorld, for me at least. This was loaded with must have games for me... I know this is a "quiet" year for the Switch, but it has a load of games I want. Indies are going to carry 2024 for me.

Yeah lol. I won't buy it until tomorrow afternoon at the least, so let's see if someone bites before.

Presentation seems on point, the price is ok for the content announced (180 puzzles, 15€), with daily and weekly puzzles, too. It reminds me of Picross somehow, that's why I summoned mazi, but it must be my thing according to his reply. I haven't understood the mechanics yet, as a Picross purist I'd play it with no assists but I'm still in the dark about how it works

Scratch that, bought it. I trust games with penguins as mascots.

Won't get to it until later, will report back when I do.

Back
Top Bottom