• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Hollow Knight: Silksong — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Fuckkkkk, that looked so GOOD.

I ain't watching again because I want to blind as possible!

Omg....!!?

Ajdhdbdejd

No release date after all this time is frustrating not gonna lie. Like it will release within the next 12 months for sure, but at least give us a more specific period like "Fall 2022" or something.

But hey, it's nice that we have new footage I guess.

No date, god dammit, I know it already exists MS!!

UBNLshA.gif

i don't think there's any guarantee it's coming in 2022... all we know is it's gonna release before july 2023

Then they wouldn't have shown it off?
While that's probably true, Team Cherry might have just not wanted to commit to a release date, even if it is soon. Doesn't mean it'll be a shadowdrop, could get a release date maybe at a future Direct though

No? They gave no timeframe at all. Which is a dead giveaway for a shadowdrop later on.
not to say that it necessarily couldn't happen, but i don't see why nintendo would want to advertise a shadowdrop of it now that they would essentially be advertising that it's now available free for all gamepass subscribers. just doesn't seem like a big get for them anymore

It was already announced a long time ago...
As a Switch exclusive... Xbox getting it on day One is a huge news for Xbox fans.

BTW... Hoping Team Cherry reveal the launch date on a Nintendo Direct (crossing fingers this week).

I'm totally getting this on Switch and PC (physical and digital), they're the only few devs that deserve my $$$ for a physical limited/collectors edition.

Already saw some people claiming Nintendo lost the "exclusive" to Microsoft when we don't even have the full ideas of what going on.

Yeah, it could be, but it could also be a case of the Switch version getting released first then a few months later it got released on Xbox, it will also be included in GamePass - hence GamePass Day 1.

Already saw some people claiming Nintendo lost the "exclusive" to Microsoft when we don't even have the full ideas of what going on.

Yeah, it could be, but it could also be a case of the Switch version getting released first then a few months later it got released on Xbox, it will also be included in GamePass - hence GamePass Day 1.
Well, that's the inherently toxic nature of (uninformed) speculation. Comes with the territory, fwiw.

Silksong's probably going to be shown in the Direct this month too, along with the release date.

It's coming 2022. That's why it's being shown off again this year, as opposed to last year, or the year before, or the year before.

Glad for the fans - and Hornet looks like a kickass protagonist - but "more Hollow Knight" is not for me (although I have massive respect for Team Cherry). The original was too monochrome and too "grindy" feeling for me.

Back
Top Bottom