• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Future Nintendo Hardware & Technology Speculation & Discussion |ST| (New Staff Post, Please read)

I want to throw out a wild theory. I'm aware this is crazy, but what if the console is revealed at the Partner Showcase? The "Reveal" we all hear about is actually the big event with Nintendo game reveals. The Partner showcase could be used to show the power of a new device by enabling games like RDR2, FF7 Remake, CoD to all run well on it. It would generate a ton of headlines and really surprise and delight. Imagine we all assumed it would be boring due to the past of Partner Directs but it is really where the rollercoaster begins. It would also allow production to start much sooner than March.

I want to throw out a wild theory. I'm aware this is crazy, but what if the console is revealed at the Partner Showcase? The "Reveal" we all hear about is actually the big event with Nintendo game reveals. The Partner showcase could be used to show the power of a new device by enabling games like RDR2, FF7 Remake, CoD to all run well on it. It would generate a ton of headlines and really surprise and delight. Imagine we all assumed it would be boring due to the past of Partner Directs but it is really where the rollercoaster begins. It would also allow production to start much sooner than March.
I uhhh... that is uhh... a choice theory I guess.

A part of me thinks Nintendo is self-aware enough to say "It is a bit weird we're having a Partner Direct, so here's a tease of our new system" or "We'll be announcing more details about a future Nintendo system soon" or something like that, but outright revealling "Here's Red Dead Redemption 2 on Switch, fuck you" is a bit strange as far as their behaviors go.

Ah hell, why not, it could be fun.

ya know what, fuck it. I'm in. 😎

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Not unpossible. Would certainly be really nice from my perspective.

Also, there's nothing to say that it hasn't been in production other than lack of proof that is has.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

the reason i'm very sceptical on May (June/July are possible leaning more to the later side) is the amount of smoke being near-nil aside from mass production & an announcement being imminient (thank god). i'd expect it to take several months to manufacture enough units, market the system & have them shipped all over the world before we arrive at a possible release date.

also it seems a bit silly to have every single post speculating on the release date hidden because something vague has been said that may or may not have any validity.

the reason i'm very sceptical on May (June/July are possible leaning more to the later side) is the amount of smoke being near-nil aside from mass production & an announcement being imminient (thank god). i'd expect it to take several months to manufacture enough units, market the system & have them shipped all over the world before we arrive at a possible release date.

also it seems a bit silly to have every single post speculating on the release date hidden because something vague has been said that may or may not have any validity.

Would be amusing.

The Partner Showcase started with WWE 2K Battlegrounds.

It ends with the Switch 2.

the upper limit would be what insiders have put forth and we've gotten 16GB and 512GB. those are still realistic to be used for a retail unit
16 is the best case scenario. I'm personally holding out for 12. In reference to release schedule I would be over the moon for a summer June or July release. My birthday is in September and would prefer an earlier release because I have a $1000 purchase planned for that month.

I don't remember if this has already been shared here. But although this is not explicitly related to Nintendo, this could be related to Nvidia, especially with the rumour from Reuters about Nvidia designing Arm based SoCs for PCs that run on Microsoft Windows for after 2024.

The OS provides no more information on the feature at this time. However, my sources say Super Resolution will be able to improve the framerate in games, as well as upscale the resolution to make visuals appear crisper. PCs with dedicated NPU silicon will automatically handle this new AI capability, but it's unclear if PCs without an NPU will be able to fully utilize Auto SR too.

Auto SR is essentially a built-in equivalent to DLSS, which is NVIDIA's deep learning super sampling technology that also uses AI to create additional frames and improve image quality in video games, and Auto SR will be able to achieve similar things. However, Microsoft's version will be the first to utilize dedicated NPU silicon on PCs that have it, whereas existing AI game upscaling technology relies mostly on the GPU.

Here's a fun thing to rile some people up:

Rumours point to a 1080p LCD, but what if it ends up as an 8" 720p to make BC easier and save on processing/battery and costs?

Personally I don't really care as I never use the thing undocked unless a storm has wiped the power out or something.

Its been so long for some of us even back from 2021 and the moment is finally here within the next month or so for a reveal......what a time to be alive and kicking.

I thought the Xbox handheld was wishful thinking or an educated guess? Also, isn't the whole idea of a dedicated handheld be pointless? As everyone wants hybrid? Also, wouldn't a Hybrid machine eat up their dedicated console? I am trying to figure out the purpose.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

I'm not gonna do any bets (I already have one lined up around a March reveal) but if anyone does do an avatar bet with @Shareholder Chad please please please suggest literally any screenshot from the Batmetal videos

artworks-000335038374-luuwsd-t500x500.jpg

What the HELL is that?

Please read this new, consolidated staff post before posting.

Furthermore, according to this follow-up post, all off-topic chat will be moderated.
Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom