• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Engage |ST| Your Hidden Desire to Have Neon Joy-Con-Coloured Hair. Mark spoilers!

Yep!

I didn’t find a reason to switch any of the royals outside of their direct upgrade advanced classes, outside of weapon skill levels.

One thing I was wondering- what was Alcryst’s class is the NA edition? I just wondered if it’s called the same in the European one.
Alcryst's class is Tireur d'élite in NA.

(Embarrassing moment)

So I was looking for tips and I realized that I never used second seals so everyone that I though was capped at 20 it seems like can go higher. I know what I'm doing tonight.

Using a Second Seal lets you basically reset to Level 1 of your current class without losing stats, right?

See when you start the game your unit is in it's base class, we'll call it Super Sayian 1

Then when you get to level 10-20, you can use this master seal to promote to an advance class, we'll call it Super Sayian 2

And when you hit level 20 again, this second seal item, and This is to go ever further beyond!

Last edited:
Wait what, I thought second seal reset your stats. At least looking at the screen right now I'm just seeing how all stats go down no matter which class I select

Finally got my copy and having a pretty good time so far. I'm reserving judgement on the story and characters until I play a bit more but so far the gameplay and music are really good.

Wait what, I thought second seal reset your stats. At least looking at the screen right now I'm just seeing how all stats go down no matter which class I select
Each class has base stats that affect your unit's stats, so reclassing should change some. If you're going to a Base class from an Advanced class it will probably be a steep drop, and there is no real mechanical reason to do that.

I feel like there must be a trick I'm missing on chapter 16, otherwise I can't see a way without doing a dangerous warp to reach the hut at the end of the map before the enemy. The tide mechanic + enemies with freeze + enemies designed to be effective against fliers and cavalry who can avoid/outspeed the water is some hateful shit.

I'll try again tomorrow but I'm still mad as hell that I wasted a night yesterday on a Tempest Trial and for what.

I feel like there must be a trick I'm missing on chapter 16, otherwise I can't see a way without doing a dangerous warp to reach the hut at the end of the map before the enemy. The tide mechanic + enemies with freeze + enemies designed to be effective against fliers and cavalry who can avoid/outspeed the water is some hateful shit.

I'll try again tomorrow but I'm still mad as hell that I wasted a night yesterday on a Tempest Trial and for what.
I got an Ike-carrying Louis over there to drop a Great Aether and it did a lot to clear out the first fortress area. Chloe and Diamant went with him, and Chloe's the one who took out the bandit. Ivy would probably be able to do the same. I think he only spawns on turn 4, so a team of flyers would definitely be able to burn this problem down

Now I'm playing on Hard, not Maddening, so results may vary

Edit: I should mention that the reward is nothing super spectacular. I think it's a Recover staff, which is nice but not a must-have

Last edited:
I got an Ike-carrying Louis over there to drop a Great Aether and it did a lot to clear out the first fortress area. Chloe and Diamant went with him, and Chloe's the one who took out the bandit. Ivy would probably be able to do the same

Now I'm playing on Hard, not Maddening, so results may vary
Yeah I may try that - I have Ike on Amber just now which I find pretty good as he can run ahead and clear some people out, but Louis is tankier so will be less overwhelmed using Great Aether. There is that one guy with a magic bow who might pose a problem though since Louis’ res is god awful.

I haven’t been using Ivy at all sadly so I think she’s probably too weak unless I step out and do a skirmish or something. Also feels like there’s just enough bow users to impede fliers from rushing ahead on this one. Feels like a map I have to do slowly (I’m not very good at these games lol) so might just ignore whatever the hut has to offer.

Each class has base stats that affect your unit's stats, so reclassing should change some. If you're going to a Base class from an Advanced class it will probably be a steep drop, and there is no real mechanical reason to do that.
Yeah I get it for going to basic classes, but I thought once yoy reach 20 that was it, you grinded too much. Mind blown

Yeah I may try that - I have Ike on Amber just now which I find pretty good as he can run ahead and clear some people out, but Louis is tankier so will be less overwhelmed using Great Aether. There is that one guy with a magic bow who might pose a problem though since Louis’ res is god awful.

I haven’t been using Ivy at all sadly so I think she’s probably too weak unless I step out and do a skirmish or something. Also feels like there’s just enough bow users to impede fliers from rushing ahead on this one. Feels like a map I have to do slowly (I’m not very good at these games lol) so might just ignore whatever the hut has to offer.
Yeah don't worry about it for this one, it's just a high-tier HP recovery staff, you'll be fine ignoring it if it's too hard to pull off

Realized I might need to let someone die during Chapter 17 Classic, so I placed Panette on a forest space with a hope that she makes a good meat shield. She tanked three hits and dodged two, leaving her on 2 HP! She didn't want to die yet 😅

Speaking of Chapter 17, I took Griss out so easily I got lulled into a false sense of security. Left side of the map has hands.

Realized I might need to let someone die during Chapter 17 Classic, so I placed Panette on a forest space with a hope that she makes a good meat shield. She tanked three hits and dodged two, leaving her on 2 HP! She didn't want to die yet 😅

Speaking of Chapter 17, I took Griss out so easily I got lulled into a false sense of security. Left side of the map has hands.
That was exactly what happened to me. On hard, I took him out pretty easily (helps he rushes you by himself, lol) and then started to whittle down some of the rest of the map, thinking it wasn't going to be so bad... and then like the entire left side of the map started charging at me. I had to completely restart twice, and only got through it without any deaths due to an epic turn with dance + goddess dance nonsense. I can't even imagine this map on maddening.

That was exactly what happened to me. On hard, I took him out pretty easily (helps he rushes you by himself, lol) and then started to whittle down some of the rest of the map, thinking it wasn't going to be so bad... and then like the entire left side of the map started charging at me. I had to completely restart twice, and only got through it without any deaths due to an epic turn with dance + goddess dance nonsense. I can't even imagine this map on maddening.
Zephia charges you even faster on that difficulty which is kind of scary to deal with if you don't get rid of the big dragon real quick and because you can't break bosses in maddening.

Zephia charges you even faster on that difficulty which is kind of scary to deal with if you don't get rid of the big dragon real quick and because you can't break bosses in maddening.
Somehow, and I have no idea how this happened, after killing Griss and mopping up the lower edges, I aggro'd literally every unit on the entire map... except Zephia. All four other bosses and their armies charged at me as I was fighting the dragons, but Zephia just sat there. I killed every single unit on the map, then spent a few turns just getting my Engage charges back and healing up and repositioning, and she still hadn't budged.

Panette survived another near death experience and got MVP of chapter 17 finishing with 9 health!

[BORN TO DIE, WORLD IS A FUCK, 410, 757,864,530 DEAD ELUSIAN SOLDIERS]

Panette + Killer Axe + Vantage is as close to unstoppable as it gets. Same with Kagetsu with Killing Edge/Wo Dao.

I opted for Boucheron cause I like early axe users and lately (chapter 20) he feels super weak. Now I know for my maddening run Ill go with Panette.

My friend just did Sigurd's paralogue on maddening and tried to lure Sigurd with Louis, but he literally wouldn't even approach because he'd be doing zero damage lol

So my friend just sent in Louis solo and took out all of Sigurd's health bars alone. Sigurd was doing zero damage the entire time

I'm in chapter 18. I like this game more than Three Houses (which was the first FE game I played properly). Of course, the plot is lighter than its predecessor and not as serious. But the gameplay is king and I enjoy it more here.

The game is also cozy as heck. Sometimes after a tight battle, it's nice to just walk around Somniel, watch the evening sky and see how the relationships between the characters develop. Of course, if you want, you can continue the main plot without doing anything extra, which is also great.

With mClassic and 1440p monitor, I also think the game is quite pretty:

fe-en.png

Can I do only story content and finish the game, then come back and do every single side thing I left??

Found that you can acquire decent bond rings by quitting and reloading the file. Full on save scumming is impossible, but the order of how each bond ring is ranked is always pre determined after each chapter, regardless of which emblem you're pulling from. So if you get an S ring early enough (say after 9 pulls) you can try it for each emblem and see if any of the S ranked rings you get have a cool ability.

Managed to get Claude's +1 bow range that way.

Managed to get the staff from the hut in chapter 16 - I'm a dummy and forgot I can use Chloe with Lyn to just smack people halfway across the map. I'm still saved partway through the map, but...
...was not counting on so many reinforcements appearing around Alcryst who was lagging behind and hiding in a bush unable to counter everyone who had surrounded him. Initiated several terrifying turns of him trying to dodge and not die while we launched a rescue mission. Poor guy.

Just began Chapter 18 and lemme tell you this

fetchimage.webp
"Cuteness combine!" Definitely gonna try and find a place for him in my main squad. Also thinking of bringing Kagetsu in despite ignoring him so far since he's sweet and he seems into Alear. Love can bloom even on a battlefield!

(As an aside, Clanne also sits like that on a bannister after the Solm palace map. Love my magical son.)

Can I do only story content and finish the game, then come back and do every single side thing I left??
Haven't finished yet but it sounds like it - not everyone in this thread is doing the temp stat boost stuff in the hub and still finishing up, and from what I hear you can continue doing side battles, trials, and bonds after you clear the story.

Cuteness combine!" Definitely gonna try and find a place for him in my main squad. Also thinking of bringing Kagetsu in despite ignoring him so far since he's sweet and he seems into Alear. Love can bloom even on a battlefield!

Kagetsu is the games premier swordmaster dodge tank, so you should definitely find room for them if you can. Give them a killing edge, upgrade it to +5 and give it an avoid bonus refine and watch them go to town destroying everything but the highest of Def enemies (and often, even then), even on maddening.

I've already read it in this thread, but i have to pick it up again ... who thought it was a good idea to lock the level set for skirmishes to some sort of character level calculation instead of basing it on the map the skirmish appears on?

If IS wants me to focus on a fixed team of dunno, 12 with 2 or 3 switchouts, they shouldn't have this game give me multiple new units in almost every chapter.
Especially lord characters who kinda powercreep regular classes with their unique ones.

Also, in case of "new character surpasses old character with investment so just swap them" ... it's way too resource expensive to flat out drop characters you invested in, because hey that new character would've been able to use those resources, too.

Gotta say, sadly, for how good the maps, missions and the actual SRPG gameplay are, they equally dropped the ball in nearly everything surrounding those.

And yeah, this comes from me doing only skirmishes the last two days in order to built up some others outside of the main pack i've used so far.

On Normal Classic, my team as of Chapter 17 still has multiple Firenese characters from early on including Alfred, Celine, Chloe, and Etie. Framme is still holding strong to a position, too. Clanne had held onto a lead roster spot for a long while, but his stat growths just made it hard for him to keep pace.

My next playthrough will shake this up a lot (Chloe and Etie in particular are monsters since I gave them the DLC bracelets that they haven't taken off since). Between the roster size and the general pace supports seem to grow, this really feels like a game that ideally you'd replay instead of grinding out everyone to max support in one run.

On Normal Classic, my team as of Chapter 17 still has multiple Firenese characters from early on including Alfred, Celine, Chloe, and Etie. Framme is still holding strong to a position, too. Clanne had held onto a lead roster spot for a long while, but his stat growths just made it hard for him to keep pace.

My next playthrough will shake this up a lot (Chloe and Etie in particular are monsters since I gave them the DLC bracelets that they haven't taken off since). Between the roster size and the general pace supports seem to grow, this really feels like a game that ideally you'd replay instead of grinding out everyone to max support in one run.
Yeah, totally. I went with-

Firene
Alfred
Celine
Louis
Chloe
Jean

Brodia
Diamant
Alcryst
Jade

Solm
Timerra
Seadall

Elusia
Zelkov

(And then the last two late-game additions too, although mostly as they were often mandatory picks).

There’s loads of characters I want to try instead though, or spend more time with. I liked Etie, Anna, Lapis, Yunaca and Ivy and they had a fair bit of field time but I had to leave some by the wayside. Still, I’d always rather any game had more interesting characters than spots in the battle party, as opposed to the other way around!

I didn't use anybody from Firene, and only Framme from Lythos. My squad ended up having lots of Royals, with Diamant, Alcryst, Ivy, Timerra, and Fogado being mainstays. Hortensia also made her way into the squad towards the end of the game once I read her personal skill and unique class skill. The rest of the standouts were Yunaka, Citrinne, and Seadall (of course), with other characters filtering in and out as I tried them out. Ended up using Goldmary as a dedicated chain attacker.

The lords/royals aren't really all that special in this game, in fact I think there's more mediocre/bad ones than good ones.

The lords/royals aren't really all that special in this game, in fact I think there's more mediocre/bad ones than good ones.
The main good thing about them is their advanced classes to be honest, which largely seem to be stronger than the nearest equivalent.

The main good thing about them is their advanced classes to be honest, which largely seem to be stronger than the nearest equivalent.
I don't really think it offsets their sometimes bad bases when compared to the stronger units in the game, some are really good (Ivy), some are just ok (Diamant), others are pretty bad (Alfred, Timerra). Pretty good mix of weak and strong lords, I never felt they powercrept other units that bad.

Has anybody been able to get SP Books before beating the game?

After dabbling in Relay Trials I'm swimming in more SP than I'll ever use, just curious if you only get those after beating the game or not.

Has anybody been able to get SP Books before beating the game?

After dabbling in Relay Trials I'm swimming in more SP than I'll ever use, just curious if you only get those after beating the game or not.
Idk, but Ive done at least 20 relays and I dont recall getting alot of SP and I havnt beaten the game yet. Kinda dragging my feet atm to see if a direct will announce some expansion stuff or ng+.

Idk, but Ive done at least 20 relays and I dont recall getting alot of SP and I havnt beaten the game yet. Kinda dragging my feet atm to see if a direct will announce some expansion stuff or ng+.
Sounds like the SP Books are postgame only then, I get like 5 mixed between the Novice (100 SP), Adept (500 SP), and Expert (1000 SP) books for each completed run.

Now that I think about it, I don’t have a single Firene character either. Can’t say I regret it either, Boucheron and Louis were the only two I felt remotely attached to and even then I didn’t really care about them.

I’ve got a ton of Elusians though, probably because of how damn good they are in combat. Zelkov and Hortensia were the only ones I benched, and even then I would’ve absolutely kept Hortensia if there was a 13th deployment slot.

With his personal skill, the FE:H Lance effect, and some party stat buffing skills/emblems, I use hims as a Tank that buffs people around him. Works well enough for me that hes in my top 12 units.

Just be like me and drop both of them for General Lapis who I reclassed from Bow Knight after she completely stunk there whoops

You can probably class damn near anyone into General and throw Ike on them for strong results.

Just be like me and drop both of them for General Lapis who I reclassed from Bow Knight after she completely stunk there whoops

You can probably class damn near anyone into General and throw Ike on them for strong results.
Throw some boots on whoever is using Ike too, so they can stay up front and bait in those enemies to whack with Great Aether :D

Are Celine and Louis the only two characters that share a crit attack line? They both have: "Its tea time". I love it.

Also I decided to use Tiki with Louis, DEAR LORD the clutch of that combo. His lines (attack,crit,ability) are very different.

Are Celine and Louis the only two characters that share a crit attack line? They both have: "Its tea time". I love it.

Also I decided to use Tiki with Louis, DEAR LORD the clutch of that combo. His lines (attack,crit,ability) are very different.
Crit, attack, and ability lines change for everyone with an Emblem, I thought?

My core party is Alear (required), two archers (Alcryst and Fogaro), two mages (reclassed Anna and Ivy), and two dagger-tossers (Yunaka and Merrin), as well as the dancer (Seadall).

Louis as a tank, Diamont as a mini-tank, Kagetsu as a high crit sword-user, and Pannette as my max physical damage striker are brought along as necessary, but they don't have the mobility and range to do much in most missions (Sigurd-Louis excepted). I just need bodies to put engage rings on.

(Currently on mission 18, hard/casual.)

My core party is Alear (required), two archers (Alcryst and Fogaro), two mages (reclassed Anna and Ivy), and two dagger-tossers (Yunaka and Merrin), as well as the dancer (Seadall).

Louis as a tank, Diamont as a mini-tank, Kagetsu as a high crit sword-user, and Pannette as my max physical damage striker are brought along as necessary, but they don't have the mobility and range to do much in most missions (Sigurd-Louis excepted). I just need bodies to put engage rings on.

(Currently on mission 18, hard/casual.)
Diamant is a weird one. He's part of my regular rotation but his sole skill hurts him. I don't feel the most comfortable sending him to tank a bit but I make sure there's a healer with him all the time lmfao.

It's funny that people prefer Panette over Boucheron. He's been really good for me lol. I let him free almost all of the time without much of an issue. I've never had to, uh, rewind his death lmao. Panette was a power house but defensively she was a liability for me.

As of chapter 16 my core set are:

Alear
Louisgi Wins By Doing Nothing
Mobile tank and Ike stan Amber
Magic horse boy Clanne
Moira from Overwatch flip-flopper Pandreo
Mage botherer Chloe
Thicket frequenter Yunaka
Thicker frequenter Alcryst
Temper tantrum axe goth liability Panette
Guy who posts girl group dance covers on YouTube Seadall
Diamant (you never go near my husband!)

Everyone else goes in and out. Celine may be heading to the bench, but Knife Wolf and Rosado could get permanent slots and Fogado being a mounted bow user is appealing. I suppose a flying magic user also makes sense so I might have to try and salvage the never-used Ivy.

Back
Top Bottom