• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fire Emblem Engage |ST| Your Hidden Desire to Have Neon Joy-Con-Coloured Hair. Mark spoilers!

BTW how the hell do you get costume tickets?? I've tried different amiibos, relay, and the other types of battles and can't get any of it

Also has anyone figured out which adopted animals are useful? Is it still just dogs.
A farm full of kitties leaves you lots of nice fishies to add to your cooking. Because obviously that’s how you make the best food, taking some dusty fish corpse that a cat is batting around in the farm and putting it in the pot

A farm full of kitties leaves you lots of nice fishies to add to your cooking. Because obviously that’s how you make the best food, taking some dusty fish corpse that a cat is batting around in the farm and putting it in the pot

Look, I didn't save that town only to steal all of their pets and farm animals, leaving them to face starvation and plagues in my wake to have you start making smart Alec comments on my use of said pets to acquire cooking materials.

It's not a problem that we keep having animals leave manure around either, it adds flavour.

Not sure if you knew about this already but if you Astra Storm Ike turn 1 he'll immediately start moving and reach your army by turn 4 assuming you hold the starting position, then you just collapse on him and kill him that turn making it pretty easy.

Also fun fact Ike is actually bugged in that paralogue and his Resolve+ buff that triggers on low health will stick after you break his crystals, meaning he's far more bulky than he should be. You can fix this by taking an action and rewinding after breaking one.
Well. That was easy.

Done in 4 turns lol. Thank you magic and Byleth for the dance.

Good old fire emblem cheesing.

Not sure if you knew about this already but if you Astra Storm Ike turn 1 he'll immediately start moving and reach your army by turn 4 assuming you hold the starting position, then you just collapse on him and kill him that turn making it pretty easy.

Also fun fact Ike is actually bugged in that paralogue and his Resolve+ buff that triggers on low health will stick after you break his crystals, meaning he's far more bulky than he should be. You can fix this by taking an action and rewinding after breaking one.
It basically takes your entire army to kill any boss in one turn on maddening lol

But I did notice the resolve bug on him. And that it resolved 🙃 after I rewinded

While it’s nice to have bosses to fight, by Chapter 19 it’s getting a bit old to be fighting the same ones over and over again. This is like the what… 4th or 5th time we’ve battled Mauvier and Marni?

While it’s nice to have bosses to fight, by Chapter 19 it’s getting a bit old to be fighting the same ones over and over again. This is like the what… 4th or 5th time we’ve battled Mauvier and Marni?

It's our fault really, for not intervening sooner, we let IS go ahead and make casual mode an option and the AI realised and turn it on, and now they won't stay dead.

I wish that I had played on a higher difficulty. I just went with Normal and I’m just…not really having a hard time with anything. I have like four units that are just unstoppable it feels like, and I haven’t done a single skirmish.

So playing Marth's paralogue in the intro dialogue, is Shiida now the oficial name? Kinda remember at least in Shadow Dragon, Warriors, Heroes and the nes version on switch they left is as Caeda

So playing Marth's paralogue in the intro dialogue, is Shiida now the oficial name? Kinda remember at least in Shadow Dragon, Warriors, Heroes and the nes version on switch they left is as Caeda
It's still Caeda in North America. Her Bond Ring still uses that name.

What's that? That world is in danger? Hang on, I need to make my magic dog thing poop.

I just got done with her paralogue and I gotta say, I really enjoy how Eirika is written in this game. They could've easily made her The Princess emblem, but they captured her very well.

I really wish there was an endgame, or at least a new game plus. I love how this game plays but after I beat the final map the game’s just kinda over… which is how it was in past games (minutes Three Houses which frustratingly doesn’t let you resume before the final map after beating the game) but I selfishly wish that changed.

I’ve just been doing skirmishes but I wish there was something to grind for. Right now it’s supports but even after several skirmishes no support conversations are showing up after battle. I could also grind for money to finish those donations, but man that’s also pretty tedious.

Leif's Paralogue. Jesus Christ.

Those Ballistae had it out for Alear. Good lord.
Those ballistae giving like +80 to hit was way, WAY more than I expected

Even Yunaka laying down fog for people standing in a thicket couldn't stop my units getting hit by that, and that's ugly

Leif's Paralogue. Jesus Christ.

Those Ballistae had it out for Alear. Good lord.
Yeah, that one kinda stunk. The 100% hit rate on the ballistae pretty much nuked any potential flier usage, and the infinite reinforcements of base class enemies made for the perfect mix of annoying and unrewarding. Just an unpleasant map all around, even though I do like the design of it quite a bit.

Yeah, that one kinda stunk. The 100% hit rate on the ballistae pretty much nuked any potential flier usage, and the infinite reinforcements of base class enemies made for the perfect mix of annoying and unrewarding. Just an unpleasant map all around, even though I do like the design of it quite a bit.

As I am finding out more and more warp and such staves can break the game in awesome ways.

Spoiler Leif's Paralogue
I used Hortensia to warp Ivy towards Leif, into the middle of the lake. She was close enough and strong enough to kill that ballista fiend before retalliation. That basically opened up the whole right side of the map to her. I kept her Thoron-wide away from land and none of the other enemies there had bows. So I baited Leif and the whole gang over there while Alear and the party went the normal way. Leif was dead before the main group even reached the second bridge.

This has some great gameplay, but my characters are now overpowered (normal). Once all the DLC has released I might do a DLC playthrough and play on Hard. Only two maps left.

Was about to play Chapter 13 but then I realized that the more I play, the more I will suffer because of poor planning and prolonged stubbornness, so I decided to wipe the save clean and start a new game.

Strangely enough the second run is much smoother than the first, whereas with proper planning and a willingness to use heal (yes I'm bad in spending things in RPG games, SRPG included lol) I can let my unit take more risk and progress through the battle faster. Sound quite promising for replays to experiment strategies.

Was about to play Chapter 13 but then I realized that the more I play, the more I will suffer because of poor planning and prolonged stubbornness, so I decided to wipe the save clean and start a new game.

Strangely enough the second run is much smoother than the first, whereas with proper planning and a willingness to use heal (yes I'm bad in spending things in RPG games, SRPG included lol) I can let my unit take more risk and progress through the battle faster. Sound quite promising for replays to experiment strategies.

I usually conserve consumables as well (and do here with Elixirs etc) but Heal staves are being used very liberally.
In fact, every turn a healer isn't healing I feel i am wasting EXP.

But good luck on the 2nd run!

It's gotten to the point on maddening where every map takes like three hours to clear. I did chapter 19 and Sigurd's paralogue today and clearing every enemy takes forever. I do get a great feeling of relief/satisfaction beating all the side objectives but goddamn

On a related note, vein of fire is completely busted for holding choke points. Then with torrential roar you freeze all the bunched up enemies in place and nerf their stats. It's nice that it also lines them all up for override lol

I usually conserve consumables as well (and do here with Elixirs etc) but Heal staves are being used very liberally.
In fact, every turn a healer isn't healing I feel i am wasting EXP.

But good luck on the 2nd run!
Yeah I'm still adjusting to changes in resource management strategies going from 3H. Another thing I have learned is to never donate further than level 2 on maddening lol. The first run felt extra soul-crushing, seeing only one skirmish map popping up in the first third of the game with a recommended level beyond my team's reach. The unspent cash could have been redirected toward refining weapons and buying seals.

Just got to chapter 25 on maddening and I'm warpskipping the hell out of this map and clearing it turn one once I figure out a setup, really really absurd map otherwise. Thankfully staves are very potent in this game thanks to Micaiah and fairly easy access to a lot of charges.

Yeah I'm still adjusting to changes in resource management strategies going from 3H. Another thing I have learned is to never donate further than level 2 on maddening lol. The first run felt extra soul-crushing, seeing only one skirmish map popping up in the first third of the game with a recommended level beyond my team's reach. The unspent cash could have been redirected toward refining weapons and buying seals.
Donating is definitely a trap on maddening in some conditions, I honestly think just donating to Brodia (and do it early before you run out maps there!) is good enough, getting the others to level 2 is a bonus but not that big of a deal. Also make sure you get 5 dogs going ASAP obviously.

Ok. I officially hate this game. Not only the ridiculous hit rates but now the crit rates too.

My 29-30% crit almost never works, but the 2-6% crit of enemies are successful.

I feel like my crit rates have lined up on a general scale, but on an individual scale they make no sense at all. Multiple units have 30%-40% crit rates and will go an entire battle without getting one, while Alear at 20% is hitting crits half the time and Kagetsu at 50% is hitting crits at 90% of the time.

It all balances out, but Kagetsu is hogging them all to himself. Leave some for the rest of the team, dude.

All my units have become glass canons at Chapter 20. I can't move a single space without someone getting KO'd in one or two hits. Incredibly frustrating.

I feel like my crit rates have lined up on a general scale, but on an individual scale they make no sense at all. Multiple units have 30%-40% crit rates and will go an entire battle without getting one, while Alear at 20% is hitting crits half the time and Kagetsu at 50% is hitting crits at 90% of the time.

It all balances out, but Kagetsu is hogging them all to himself. Leave some for the rest of the team, dude.
In my case, Yunaka is a monster and do some crits. Kagetsu help me last battle and crit one time. Alear rarely crit.

My crit rates have felt in line with the average, as well. I also haven't felt overtly screwed by enemy crit percentages. It feels good to dish out a crit when the forecast gives a 17% chance.

Probably the wildest thing I've seen, hit-rate wise, so far was watching 9 80ish% hits in a row miss, both me and AI. After the third one I was more impressed than annoyed.

The lack of Emblems rings that focus on Magic is disappointing. I understand Lucina, but would’ve been more fun with Robin.

Think it’s just
Byleth with a stave
Celica
Micaiah

So what I am saying. More Magic lords please.

also, I had a suspicion that there being 12 rings in the main game, means that the max amount of units for maps was gonna be 12 and seems to be the case lol. Nothing above 12 so far.

Sidenote. I’m guessing Skimishes are not a maddening thing correct? I’ve only seen 2 in 40 hours and the guide made it seem like a common occurrence. Good thing I stop with donations early. Had a sneaky suspicion, but still wasted about 25K on them

The lack of Emblems rings that focus on Magic is disappointing. I understand Lucina, but would’ve been more fun with Robin.

Think it’s just
Byleth with a stave
Celica
Micaiah

also, I had a suspicion that there being 12 rings in the main game, means that the max amount of units for maps was gonna be 12 and seems to be the case lol. Nothing above 12 so far.

Sidenote. I’m guessing Skimishes are not a maddening thing correct? I’ve only seen 2 in 40 hours and the guide made it seem like a common occurrence. Good thing I stop with donations early. Had a sneaky suspicion, but still wasted about 25K on them
I definitely wish there was another magic Emblem in the game, too. It feels a bit lacking with how many magic units I want to use. That, and I honestly just feel like while magic is still obviously good in this game, it doesn't feel as good as it did in Three Houses. I don't like the change of making you equip a book just to have one spell versus having access to your entire spellbook, even if the uses are limited per battle. Same with healing, I really prefer having limited heals per battle but not having to worry about consumable staffs and just have them refresh every battle.

I definitely wish there was another magic Emblem in the game, too. It feels a bit lacking with how many magic units I want to use. That, and I honestly just feel like while magic is still obviously good in this game, it doesn't feel as good as it did in Three Houses. I don't like the change of making you equip a book just to have one spell versus having access to your entire spellbook, even if the uses are limited per battle. Same with healing, I really prefer having limited heals per battle but not having to worry about consumable staffs and just have them refresh every battle.
Equipped tomes is how magic has worked in most FE games. Three Houses, Gaiden, and Shadows of Valentia are the only entries that give mages entire spell lists based on character level. I definitely prefer the Three Houses approach.

Think it’s just
Byleth with a stave
Celica
Micaiah

It's funny how so many Emblems have to start with seemingly random weapons so that every weapon type is covered fairly equally, rather than it being like 80% swords. Like, Byleth as an Arts user? Lucina as an archer? Huh?

And then they go and make Alear a sword user too. They'll never learn.

Think it’s just
Byleth with a stave
Celica
Micaiah

Skirmishes are very rare and often very hard on maddening so investing for them specifically is not worth it.

Skirmishes are very rare and often very hard on maddening so investing for them specifically is not worth it.
I beat the 2 I’ve seen. Not too difficult, but I was pretty lucky both Times where enemies missing 60-70% hits that normal would hit me. Especially the 2 one with all the fliers, Alear should’ve died 4 times.

But RNG said nah, you good.

But they were fun honestly. The maps here aren’t half bad for skirmishes

So, asking just for a little help. Currently on chapter 13 and I have a ton of cool new characters now. Should I focus only on the ones that are for my A team and leave on the bench the rest for all the eternity?

Or is it worth leveling up everyone with the skirmishes? The skirmishes are now level 18-20 while my b and c teams are level 12-13 and have been destroyed so far.

Wow I hate the Ike map! Super weird as the last Emblem map I did was Lucina’s piss easy boring one. Also at a point where I’m under the recommended level for everything on the world map, oops.

I have to admit I’m losing steam on this one a bit. Past the “must play this every time I sit down to play something” stage, now kind of wanting to go back to the other stuff I put on hold for it. It’s going to be a longer playtime than any of my 3H runs, and they were long.

So, asking just for a little help. Currently on chapter 13 and I have a ton of cool new characters now. Should I focus only on the ones that are for my A team and leave on the bench the rest for all the eternity?

Or is it worth leveling up everyone with the skirmishes? The skirmishes are now level 18-20 while my b and c teams are level 12-13 and have been destroyed so far.

It's probably not worth grinding on skirmishes. It's definitely not worth trying to level any more than about as many units as you're allowed to bring on whatever the current story map is.

It's probably not worth grinding on skirmishes. It's definitely not worth trying to level any more than about as many units as you're allowed to bring on whatever the current story map is.
Thanks. Then I’ll focus only on the chosen ones.

Last edited:
Some of the music choices for the Music Tickets kinda of suck.

But Ike got one of my favorite in the entire series so forgiven

And Lyn’s is probably the most nostalgic for me 🥲

Byleth’s is the worst one by virtue of there being like 10 other highly played songs in that game that would’ve fit better lol

So. Cast is overall underwhelming for me.

But that was expected with it lots of characters and no room to grow them. It was the same In a lot of fire emblem games.

But who’s everyone’s favorite?

I like Etie the most. A gimmick character. But pretty funny supports makes the gimmick work.

Second is Seadell. I like his design. And he’s a dancer. Fire emblem’s best class.

But that was expected with it lots of characters and no room to grow them. It was the same In a lot of fire emblem games.

I like Etie the most. A gimmick character. But pretty funny supports makes the gimmick work.

Second is Seadell. I like his design. And he’s a dancer. Fire emblem’s best class.
I also like Etie as a character, but on battle I prefer Alcryst, which I also like as a character.

I also like Ivy, Yunaka, Kagetsu and Zerklov or something like that.

Alear too.

However, Diamant is a disappointment. Lapis is a better sword fighter than him.

Hard to say. Feels like Diamant and Ivy are the two sane people amongst a sea of psychos.

If I had to give a legitimate answer, probably the above two along with Lapis and Pandreo. But Bunet is so genuinely unhinged that it’s hard not to love him.

The funny thing about Diamant is that he looks like your typical Fire Emblem lord, and he’s a lord in game, that I wonder how reception would’ve been if he was the main character lol.

I’m gonna be honest. I was nervous on how they’ll handle Rosado. But so far no issues. Nice dialogue and supports.

Maybe Alcryst? He’s at least funny.

I don’t know. The characters are pretty much paper thin for the most part.

Maybe Alcryst? He’s at least funny.

I don’t know. The characters are pretty much paper thin for the most part.
I like Zelkov because his edgy rogue archetype is both routinely undercut by you finding out more about him, but he’s also deadly serious too. His support with Jean is great too as Jean mocks his theatrical speech patterns. The main royals don’t get much outside of being stock JRPG characters. I like Alcryst but found his support with Diamant really odd in its conclusion-
Alcryst learns Diamant is scared of fire magic, meaning he comes to see his older brother isn’t this perfect warrior. Which is cool! But then it finishes with Diamant still beating him in an archery contest.. when by that point in the game, If you’ve got Alcryst with a A-rank support with anyone, he’s probably the best sniper you’ve got while Diamant clearly has barely ever picked up a bow before the campaign! I’m not sure what the message here is- that even with Alcryst being a dedicated archer worried that his older brother is awesome at everything, he’s still got a long way to go before he can best Diamant even at the one thing he’s introduced as being exceptionally good at. I mean, no wonder Alcryst has an inferiority complex! Surely Diamant should start with at least a c-rank bow proficiency to justify it though :D

Back
Top Bottom