• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Final Fantasy VII Rebirth |ST| "Don't fight here... you'll ruin the yellow paint!"

But the point of no return doesn’t make it sound like you can’t do the side quests. It’s like it’s telling you. Go complete the remaining side quests.

I think I’ve played all the mini games? I’m trying not to look it up. But I cannot figure out how to trigger the last quest in the Corel region. Hell. I think I got all the high scores in Golden saucer as well. Just haven’t beaten the last Queens Blood challenge and some Chocobo races
This is what I was looking at. It’s not clear, but I think you have to do all of the Golden Saucer.

This is what I was looking at. It’s not clear, but I think you have to do all of the Golden Saucer.

But Chocobo racing is so boring 🫠🫠🫠

Okay, I finally hit a point that made me rage.

The solo Aerith fight against the Bombs waa miserable because I just don't know how to play Aerith well, lol. Ended up saying "fuck it" and knocking the difficulty down to easy.

The solo Aerith fight against the Bombs waa miserable because I just don't know how to play Aerith well, lol. Ended up saying "fuck it" and knocking the difficulty down to easy.
Yeah, idk what they were thinking with that one. I just ran around until I could summon Titan and he managed to kill them with his final move lol.

it was miserable to me as well even though I play Aerith quite often. My usual strategy with Radiant Ward didn't work there, however.

What did finally work was Chrono Aegis. If you stay close to the bombs it'll damage them after a while. Never knew that until this fight!

Been flying through this game since I properly got into it. Just reached the Golden Saucer and have done half of the attractions so far. Growing up, the Golden Saucer was my favorite part of the game so to see how they brought it to life and expanded it here is just amazing. It’s so grand and spectacular in a way I never could have imagined decades ago and the revamped minigames I’ve played so far at least have all been a ton of fun.

Been flying through this game since I properly got into it. Just reached the Golden Saucer and have done half of the attractions so far. Growing up, the Golden Saucer was my favorite part of the game so to see how they brought it to life and expanded it here is just amazing. It’s so grand and spectacular in a way I never could have imagined decades ago and the revamped minigames I’ve played so far at least have all been a ton of fun.

Gold Saucer is definitely a prime example when it comes to how they’ve brought some of the locations to sprawling life, with so much love and detail. It’s one of my favourite aspects of both Rebirth and Remake.

And it’s so awesome to see it from the outside as well. Just like with seeing the Junon cannon rising high above the fields, it conveys such an impressive feeling of scope.

Finally finished ff7remake.

Easily GOTY of 2020. I’m amazed about how good that was. I cannot comprehend how people choose the last of us 2.

Man, if rebirth is even better… i just can’t… the hell

Gold Saucer is definitely a prime example when it comes to how they’ve brought some of the locations to sprawling life, with so much love and detail. It’s one of my favourite aspects of both Rebirth and Remake.

And it’s so awesome to see it from the outside as well. Just like with seeing the Junon cannon rising high above the fields, it conveys such an impressive feeling of scope.
I agree! I’m really digging how they brought the world to life. Junon in particular is my favorite region so far with how the naval fortress is this huge massive thing that you explore top to bottom and then it just has that vast stretch of world to explore to the South and East of it with so much interesting terrain to traverse and locations/things to discover.

It was very funny to think back to the original game where Cloud rode a dolphin to reach upper Junon. I was blown away by the size of lower Junon and when I entered it I was like ok, no dolphin is ever going to be able to jump that high in this version lol.

I've seen at least two gay couples in the game so far ; one at the Gold Saucer entrance (apparently it is random ?) with a man asking the hand of his fiancé, and another couple (two black men) in Cosmo Canyon's Inn, talking about adopting a child. I didn't notice them at first because I heard people chanting Advent Children's main theme and when I went back, I read the side subtitles and it put a big smile on my face.

I'm at chapter 13 main dungeon and... oh boi. 1h30 and it is still going...
2 hours... wait, there's more ?! Oh and OFF COURSE your characters are forced to make a detour, I guess the devs read "How to level design in BioShock".
3 hours in. I've been in this place for 3 hours and it's still going.

It's 2am in France at the moment so I'm quite tired and had to stop playing but... man, this is soooo long.

Some sections of this game really drag. Just hit one such point in Chapter 8. Very tedious and dull. I actually turned the game off just now. The devs seem to have held on to the worst aspect of Remake. Not a hater, btw. I enjoyed Remake, and I've enjoyed long stretches of Rebirth. But I am definitely not here for tedious stuff that forcibly slows the game down.

"Hey, I know that my team is locked up right now, but I think I'm going to play some Queens Blood for a while.

I don't think Square is gaining any new Cait Sith fans with his sold/lead portion section of the game.

Nope, that was legitimately terrible game design.

I guess I like Cait Sith "more" than I did in the original, but I still hate the stupid thing.

Never liked him and never got in my combat team.

I don't think Square is gaining any new Cait Sith fans with his sold/lead portion section of the game.
One of the worst parts in the game. Especially because the area itself is so unnecessary and they made it tedious and slow as well.

And has one of the harder boss fights but your stuck using someone that most likely has been benched by everyone leading up to it.

Is it just me or is the crunch minigame way harder than it used to be in remake?

Jesus, you fuck up once and you are done lmao

On my way to Corel, loved the

scribbles that Yuffie leaves on the walls on the way up

One of the worst parts in the game. Especially because the area itself is so unnecessary and they made it tedious and slow as well.

And has one of the harder boss fights but your stuck using someone that most likely has been benched by everyone leading up to it.

This being “One of the worst parts of the game” has to be one of the most unanimous opinions I’ve seen in the gaming space in quite some time. Wholeheartedly agree.

That Cait Sith part was really rough, yeah. I'm really curious to see how that goes for Max considering he's been gushing about that game 99% of the time so far.

I don’t need to be beat over the head about how evil/crazy Hojo is.

Actually. That’s just Remake and Rebirth in general. They do that often and not well lol

Didn’t get to play too much today, but I finished Chapter 8 and then immediately saved and quit. Eager to get back to exploring the world tomorrow especially after the very extended stretch of minigames. They did a fantastic job updating them and adding so many cool new ones.

Finally finished ff7remake.

Easily GOTY of 2020. I’m amazed about how good that was. I cannot comprehend how people choose the last of us 2.

Man, if rebirth is even better… i just can’t… the hell

Remake was also my GOTY that year, and Rebirth is indeed better, it improves on pretty much every aspect of the first game. It's also larger so make sure you don't burnout if you play them back to back.

As for The Last of Us, I find it extremely overrated as a game series, works much better as a TV show. But the games have almost no gameplay let's be real.

NOTSUREIF.jpg

Did the Gold Saucer date last night, I did indeed end up with Tifa. Looking forward to doing the other dates after I finish the game.

As for the Cait Sith section, I was expecting way worse based on all the complaints.

The only really bad part was the fight against two Adjudicators. The surprised mini game was a little annoying too but otherwise the section was fine to me.

The Cait Sith section wasn't difficult, outside of a few battles, but it's just a pace killer. For one, it sidesteps one of the most iconic locations in FF VII for something that is more generic Shinra looking. Cait Sith controls worse than everyone else. Then you get to the main gimmick which is just slow and tedious. It honestly feels like something a developer would design as a launch title for the DS or the Wii. It's like Sony mandated that Square show off that the PS5 controller has a touch pad. Thankfully you can turn it off. And this segment has the most blatant examples of padding for time. "Do this same exact thing in the same room 2 more times just because".

It's just an odd, entirely unnecessary segment as a whole.

The Cait Sith section wasn't difficult, outside of a few battles, but it's just a pace killer. For one, it sidesteps one of the most iconic locations in FF VII for something that is more generic Shinra looking. Cait Sith controls worse than everyone else. Then you get to the main gimmick which is just slow and tedious. It honestly feels like something a developer would design as a launch title for the DS or the Wii. It's like Sony mandated that Square show off that the PS5 controller has a touch pad. Thankfully you can turn it off. And this segment has the most blatant examples of padding for time. "Do this same exact thing in the same room 2 more times just because".

It's just an odd, entirely unnecessary segment as a whole.
I get the sense that they needed to pad it out otherwise there wouldn’t have been quite enough story to justify 3 parts

Finished Rebirth tonight.
What a ride.

Chapter 13 overstayed its welcome IMO, like... a +4 hours dungeon ? Really ?
Thankfully, this chapter last part was very good and took me to my guts, really like how improved each of the main cast are.

The final chapter is amazing.
I still have quite a lot of problems with the game and some of the are borrowed and kept from Remake.

The TURKs :
I hate the TURKs and how much both games portrays them as "cool" and forces way too much their attitude. He he he, they're so funny, they just murdered thousands of people in Remake, lol ! They got so much attitude, yo.

Gus :
bafkreiaijljmozgkynlkb6tkdekztxheqoe7jba7773azjl54lkd2wcgkq@jpeg

For non french speaking people, the english translation of this word is the favorite 4 letter word of the AVGN that starts with a F. I. HATED. this segment.
"Oh hi, I'm -DRAGGING THE GAME 101 TO A FUCKING HALT AND FORCES YOU TO LOOK FOR VEGGETABLES-. For fucks sake. I hope he dies in the third game. Hopefully there's no other character that I hate more than hi-

Scotch & Kotch :
Kill. Me. Now.

And speaking of these two assholes :
Don Cornéo :
Can I say something about Don Cornéo ? We know since 1997 that he is a sexual abuser and that he murdered a ton of people ? Why, OH GOD WHY do they keep showing him as a comic relief ? He he he, he's so funny, sexual abuser is having a full show with an atrocious rap song you can't skip, LOL, LMAO, MDR, XPTDR,
can somebody kick the writers in the nuts at least 7777 times ?

Pacing :
It's more or less the exact same problem from Remake : so many times, the game invent a new problem that forces your team to split, or change your leader to play a new segment that drops tons of exposition at a slow, slow pace...

Openworld / zones :
It's very "Ubisoft". I mean there's even the towers you have to climb and they all have a different setting. Also why do we have to finish the game to activate an a "Instant Grab items" ?

Chocobos :
I hated some of the regions because your Chocobo gets stuck in the scenery and you have to watch him stops (even sometimes against a very small object), shakes his head, and doesn't avoid the "obstacle". Can SquareEnix play Breath of the Wild, for a bit ?

Whew, chapter 13 is a doozy so far. According to the PS5 dashboard I'm 31% done with it.

I appreciate the Cetra vending machines lol.

On chapter 9 and I feel like I'm maybe burning out a bit. So far most of my joy this chapter has come from Queen's Blood and Piano

Already juggling this with Unicorn Overlord but might be time for a longer break. But we'll see

Edit: Wait Yuffie's song was also a highlight

I'm in chapter 11 or 12 now. This game is absolute perfection until around chapter 10. It's starting to feel like this game actually has too much content, and yet another annoying wrangle the chocobo quest that wastes time starts to rub me the wrong way.

Maybe I'm part to blame because I want to do all open world stuff, but I also feel like the game is designed to make me want to do that before moving on.

Still a 9+ game for me, but I feel like they wanted to do a bit too much and the novelty is wearing off on some aspects.

Some sections of this game really drag. Just hit one such point in Chapter 8. Very tedious and dull. I actually turned the game off just now. The devs seem to have held on to the worst aspect of Remake. Not a hater, btw. I enjoyed Remake, and I've enjoyed long stretches of Rebirth. But I am definitely not here for tedious stuff that forcibly slows the game down.
Well, they followed up my least favorite part of the game with one of my favorites. Chapter 8 was great overall, I just wasn't happy they slowed me down about halfway through it, haha.

Finished Rebirth tonight.
What a ride.

Chapter 13 overstayed its welcome IMO, like... a +4 hours dungeon ? Really ?
Thankfully, this chapter last part was very good and took me to my guts, really like how improved each of the main cast are.

Chapter 13 is indeed long, but I loved it all the way through, favourite part of the OG and all that.

the village of the gi is all new right? idr any of that from the og.

All-new, yes.

I gave up and looked up how to get the final side quest and I can’t for my life figure out what I haven’t done because I’ve done everything it’s asked for it to unlock.

Holy hell chapter 13 was long. I loved what they did with it though.

Tomorrow I will finish the game. I can't believe it.

Crossed 50 hours tonight and I just have the four protorelic quests left in Gongaga before I move on to Chapter 10. I definitely enjoyed the big story stuff here and I largely dug exploring the jungle except for the main exploration song there. It’s going to echo and haunt me in my sleep tonight lol.

Back
Top Bottom