• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Final Fantasy VII Rebirth |ST| "Don't fight here... you'll ruin the yellow paint!"

aus89

Koopa
Pronouns
He/Him
RI8zr2K.png

iRXBPlf.png

H2lD3lH.png

kDNKgzQ.png

VJOFOt0.png

H8I5q1i.png

GwVM6ha.png

yWwvwSq.png

rxFeMn5.png

q1j2RN7.png

hAPNtvw.png

FDzsQWo.png

biOxYpO.png

DS5g505.png

QWlAL25.png

TYhRiUV.png

vbO4DJe.png

kOuZWKW.png

VVtmMmt.png

6KSLNNE.png

qLKZlnf.png

3Ut3rYF.png

jxt482h.png

g7rOdjy.png

cQnBCCE.png

i1Dhuo8.png

jv4xUrs.png

cCIiLC1.png

Last edited:
SECOND DEMO LET'S GOOOOOOO

My hype levels are so absurdly high for this game, I can not possibly understate it. I've played the first demo multiple times and binged the State of Play even more. Bring it. Bring it. Bring it!

This will be some absolutely painful 8 days.

Great ST!

Excited about that review embargo lifting tomorrow. Will this be the first Final Fantasy game to break 90 on MC since FFXII? I personally believe/hope so.

Wow, I totally forgot reviews were in a few hours. They must be confident.

I'm going to guess this ends up landing at an even 90.

Nice job on the ST as well!

I’m really looking forward to the reviews! Cant’t wait to read up, despite the ample amount of marketing, there’s still so much I’m curious about.

Here for what’s gonna be a legendary thread for a legendary game. GOTY 2024!

Great job on the ST!

Incredible OT for what's looking like an incredible game! :D

Now to completely ignore it, and everything else to do with the game, until I've finished it myself.

I am taking no chances.

Looks like they cooked, man. 🤩

Ready to no life this shit like Zelda.

This thing will positively devour my life to the extent that when I go outside to take a walk, I’ll bring the winter jacket, not realizing that it’s already mid-April.

Good for those of us who only play 90+ meta games. /s

Nah but seriously, the last SE game which had its embargo lift a whole week before release was Octopath 2. They know when they've got an absolute banger on their hands. Coincidentally both games will release end of February. February 2025 better keep up the tradition.

This game looks like one hell of a spectacle, can't wait to hear the soundtrack!

The hints at a potentially divisive ending in some of these reviews have me a bit nervous about the impending internet discourse.

I feel like i've heard that sentence back in May 2023 too.

Well, last year both BG3 and TotK had their release dates slated. This time around I don't think there's another announced game in 2024 that could give it a run for its money, aside from Elden Ring's DLC lol

Would it be mean to say that FF only reviews really good if a person whose last name ends with -uchi is part of the creative heads of it?

;]

Well, last year both BG3 and TotK had their release dates slated. This time around I don't think there's another announced game in 2024 that could give it a run for its money, aside from Elden Ring's DLC lol

I don't think anyone expected BG3 to review this high, release date or not.

Would it be mean to say that FF only reviews really good if a person whose last name ends with -uchi is part of the creative heads of it?

;]

Divinity Original Sin 2 got a 93 on Metacritic, people just didn't think that the mainstream would start caring about Larian's games because CRPGs had been so niche for so long.

Divinity Original Sin 2 got a 93 on Metacritic, people just didn't think that the mainstream would start caring about Larian's games again because CRPGs had been so niche for so long.

Going by that logic we should now assume that every future new Zelda game reviews at least at 95 metascore, yes?

(I hope the point gets through to you.)

;]

Disagree with this. The impressions from the open beta were overwhelmingly positive. People called it one of the best RPGs ever made

Think about it for some time, i believe you can do it.

Disagree with this. The impressions from the open beta were overwhelmingly positive. People called it one of the best RPGs ever made

Okay, my last post on this as i don't wanna clog the thread with off topic stuff, but one thing about your post:

People thought FF XVI would be top tier going with the demo too. Turned out the rest of the game wasn't so hot.

So even if a demo/beta is so good, it's not what reviewers play and make their verdict on, it's the full game, and a demo can't tell you if a game totally falls apart in the latter parts.

Better reviews than I expected, but I don’t have a PS5 so I’ll be waiting a while for this. Hope it lives up to expectations.

Absolutely stellar ST @aus89!

God, the wait until next week will be torture. I'll try to focus on finishing P3R to make the time pass faster.

I'm playing Intergrade right now, 10 hours in and I'm not feeling it honestly. Don't get me wrong, as a JRPG, it's really good, you can feel Nomura oozing from everything. But... FF7 is absolutely the worst. The original one. The emo in the game is simply unbearable. Cloud is literally Shadow the Hedgehog in Nomura-human form and the remake didn't even try to change that a little bit. And Sephiroth. We still haven't had a JRPG antagonist who beat him in edginess, right? Because it's literally impossible. Intergrade Sephrioth though somehow beat Crisis Core Sephiroth in that regard. Another thing is other characters do nothing to balance Cloud's emo out, unlike FF13, where Snow's charisma was enough to counter Lightning's moody nature.

But the good thing is following Nomura FF's are much light-hearted compared to FF7. If this beats 90 at metacritic easily, can't imagine what they can do with FF8 and FF9.

Still getting this though. We're not getting enough JRPG's and I'm not in luxury to choose.

@Bonejack I think you probably just lacked familiarity with Larian and BG3 and so had no expectations for it, but that doesn't mean everybody was in the same boat

Based on Larian's prior output and impressions from the early access, it always seemed likely that BG3 would review extremely well. 90s MC seemed reasonably likely. This turned out to be correct

Based on commercial performance of Larian's prior output and the CRPG genre in general, it seemed unlikely that the game would be a huge seller or make any kind of splash at awards shows. This turned out to be very wrong

I'm playing Intergrade right now, 10 hours in and I'm not feeling it honestly. Don't get me wrong, as a JRPG, it's really good, you can feel Nomura oozing from everything. But... FF7 is absolutely the worst. The original one. The emo in the game is simply unbearable. Cloud is literally Shadow the Hedgehog in Nomura-human form and the remake didn't even try to change that a little bit. And Sephiroth. We still haven't had a JRPG antagonist who beat him in edginess, right? Because it's literally impossible. Intergrade Sephrioth though somehow beat Crisis Core Sephiroth in that regard. Another thing is other characters do nothing to balance Cloud's emo out, unlike FF13, where Snow's charisma was enough to counter Lightning's moody nature.

But the good thing is following Nomura FF's are much light-hearted compared to FF7. If this beats 90 at metacritic easily, can't imagine what they can do with FF8 and FF9.

Still getting this though. We're not getting enough JRPG's and I'm not in luxury to choose.
Counterpoint: FFVII is one of the best games ever made. Cloud starts out as a moody sword for hire and develops quite nicely as the game gets on. Sephiroth is what he is, but there aren't many themes that rock me on my ass quite like One Winged Angel every. Single. Time.

I do think it's interesting that you like VIII if you think FFVII is too, uh, "emo". If Cloud is "emo", then I'm not sure there is a word that exists strong enough to describe Squall.

Also also, I hope Hojo is still inexplicably chilling on the beach in this game.

t1xgmpaxlm691.jpg

I blasted "The Airbuster" from remake in my car on the way in to work this morning for correct vibes. Can't wait! I enjoyed Remake but this is really what I imagined when they announced this project way back when.

I do think it's interesting that you like VIII if you think FFVII is too, uh, "emo". If Cloud is "emo", then I'm not sure there is a word that exists strong enough to describe Squall.
Squall is not there with Cloud, I think. He feels slightly more human. His world is not grim and depressing as Midgar. And his relationship with Rinoa felt much real than Cloud with Tifa. It still is a Nomura game though, lies beneath a thick layer of melancholy.

I blasted "The Airbuster" from remake in my car on the way in to work this morning for correct vibes. Can't wait! I enjoyed Remake but this is really what I imagined when they announced this project way back when.
That Airbuster boss fight was incredible in Remake, too. I loved the whole sequence where you’re choosing things pre-fight to make it easier on you, and then you still just barely scrape through the fight with that rocking music blaring the whole time. 10/10

We're not getting enough JRPG's and I'm not in luxury to choose.

..."Not getting enough"?

Here I am, having to plot out my time because my next few months are looking absolutely STACKED with Rebirth, finding the time to finish Infinite Wealth, double dating with Dragon's Dogma and Rise of the Ronin in March, SaGa Emerald Dawn in April, replaying MH Stories remaster in July, Bamco might FINALLY be ready to talk about the next Digimon Story game in a few weeks, and we don't even have a date for the Paper Mario TTYD remaster yet, let alone if the Pokemon offering(s) of this year are actually things I deem worthy of my time!

Oh, and there's Unicorn Overlord, too, but that's a Strategy RPG~!

It's the first time in a long while that I've actually been spoiled for choice!

I was planning on playing all together when the third is released. I wonder if I should rethink my decision. If it takes 4 years for the next one I will remember nothing about those two.

..."Not getting enough"?

Here I am, having to plot out my time because my next few months are looking absolutely STACKED with Rebirth, finding the time to finish Infinite Wealth, double dating with Dragon's Dogma and Rise of the Ronin in March, SaGa Emerald Dawn in April, replaying MH Stories remaster in July, Bamco might FINALLY be ready to talk about the next Digimon Story game in a few weeks, and we don't even have a date for the Paper Mario TTYD remaster yet, let alone if the Pokemon offering(s) of this year are actually things I deem worthy of my time!

Oh, and there's Unicorn Overlord, too, but that's a Strategy RPG~!

It's the first time in a long while that I've actually been spoiled for choice!
That's not the case for me. So far in my list I have FF7 Rebirth, SaGa Emerald Beyond, Unicorn Overlord and Eiyuden Chronicle before summer. This summer also has Trails Through Daybreak but that's it. Not sure if I wanna replay MHS and Tokyo Xanadu but if I find myself looking for more JRPG's I'll consider Xanadu. When they're on Switch I beat JRPG's much faster than I first anticipate. We are getting some JRPG's, the well is not dry yet but it's definitely not the same as the "golden age" where PS2, PSP and DS were showered with new titles.

I was planning on playing all together when the third is released. I wonder if I should rethink my decision. If it takes 4 years for the next one I will remember nothing about those two.
I think you would get really burned out playing the third game after the first two. The second one seems to be a lot bigger than the first, so you'd be playing 70-ish hours of game before getting to the third game which will undoubtedly be as long as this one. Start now! Join us!

I think you would get really burned out playing the third game after the first two. The second one seems to be a lot bigger than the first, so you'd be playing 70-ish hours of game before getting to the third game which will undoubtedly be as long as this one. Start now! Join us!
Arghhh!! It's really tempting. Maybe watch some of those big recap videos near the next one. Right now I'm in the middle of Golden Sun replay because I never played the sequel.I think I'm in the mood for RPGs this year.

Arghhh!! It's really tempting. Maybe watch some of those big recap videos near the next one. Right now I'm in the middle of Golden Sun replay because I never played the sequel.I think I'm in the mood for RPGs this year.

I've seen this sentiment a few times but honestly, just play them. People seem to be thinking of them as three parts of the same game, like an episodic release or something, but they're really not. Each is a sequel to the last.

Back
Top Bottom