• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fashion Dreamer |ST| Goatee Contender

Ashley has arrived
Z5e5gi3.jpg

BIJwfIu.jpg

I'm trying to hone in on something that's a lot further from my everyday style than Desdemona's is. Not there yet, but I've been having a lot of fun with them! I hadn't used any Type A-only clothes up to this point and had a ton of them stocked up

Ashley has arrived
Z5e5gi3.jpg

BIJwfIu.jpg

I'm trying to hone in on something that's a lot further from my everyday style than Desdemona's is. Not there yet, but I've been having a lot of fun with them! I hadn't used any Type A-only clothes up to this point and had a ton of them stocked up

That jacket in the first photo, perfection

That jacket is AMAZING 👀

(Seriously, why does it go so hard)

That’s some serious boppage! It kind of makes me reminisce on one of my favorite Pokémon Sword songs:

By the way, I’m picking up Fashion Dreamer. I was actually looking at Reddit and so many people seemed disappointed with the game, but when I look here, I see some enthusiasm and fun surrounding the game. Can’t wait to give it a shot and see what I think.

Thank Hylia for the option to copy screenshots to a PC via USB.

1rbybs0.png

GXSzde8.png

Rx46YIm.png

ovW4V9Q.png

YsWTa3q.png

lvV60Zx.png

9FKWpQ5.png

uMBuROu.png

Oh god, there is player that has this SUPER long hair style and the game won't let me keep it 😭 (it's probably a high level unlock)

I haven't seen that hairstyle yet!

How much is there to unlock, we need someone to start making lists 👀 I've definitely seen a bunch more duo color lipsticks I desperately need.

Swag

5fpHz3L.jpg

3OYdDqO.jpg

caBUUFc.jpg

I just now noticed that there seems to be something funky going on with Gothic Girl's sleeves in the portrait, but I'm uncertain if the dress isn't just modeled that way.

These are all super cute, and super artsy! I love them!

That’s some serious boppage! It kind of makes me reminisce on one of my favorite Pokémon Sword songs:

By the way, I’m picking up Fashion Dreamer. I was actually looking at Reddit and so many people seemed disappointed with the game, but when I look here, I see some enthusiasm and fun surrounding the game. Can’t wait to give it a shot and see what I think.

I'm enjoying the music, in general. Style Savvy already had some serious bops going on, but they've gone pretty hard on Fashion Dreamer. I do hope they add more music in updates, though. And more areas.

Also I don't think I've seen Reddit actually be positive about anything lately, honestly. I peek into the Tamagotchi, F-Zero and Fashion Dreamer subs randomly and I'm unsure if it's just algorithm fuckery or what, but it's pretty hard to find any actual positive posts at all. I feel most people over there were expecting a game closer to Style Savvy, which is fair. But also, Fashion Dreamer is pretty good at being Fashion Dreamer, honestly.

How much is there to unlock, we need someone to start making lists 👀 I've definitely seen a bunch more duo color lipsticks I desperately need.
As far as I've seen getting a better relation with the NPC muses will give you a muse customization option. At level 3 with the blue skinned muse gave me that skin color and the one of the sporty ones gave me a dual lip color style

Is there any kind of story like in the Style Savvy games or it's mostly just a dress up game.
There is no story, you just start to get fashiony once you finish the tutorial

F-O5QhFaQAAPPyr

You cannot stop my Type B power

Anyways it seems if you solely want to unlock new hairstyles, eye options etc. then you want to spend some time in Offline Mode. It takes away the connection gameplay and the deluge of free designed clothes, but you can farm NPCs easier.

Anyways it seems if you solely want to unlock new hairstyles, eye options etc. then you want to spend some time in Offline Mode. It takes away the connection gameplay and the deluge of free designed clothes, but you can farm NPCs easier.
Ahh, OK! I didn’t realize that was the only way to get ‘em. This is great advice, will be doing this later.

One thing that's cool about the game is that you can at any time customize your height, so I've been kind of simulating "growing up" by starting at the lowest height and then I upped one notch yesterday. So it feels like this cool character progression in a way.

It has made me go from promising yet insecure prodigy kid:

F-Qb1-SIWEAAh-KAH.jpg

To rising star fashionista in her early 20s:

F-Qb1-O-b-EAA-MPm.jpg

Ashley has arrived
Z5e5gi3.jpg

BIJwfIu.jpg

Ashley has indeed Arrived with capital A!
+1 for the shoes, my faves that I've got so far.

I love this photo, the book posing and the white suit in particular gives a very distinct vibe to the composition. Like, sophisticated but not in a dull way.

So it feels like this cool character progression in a way.
That’s such an astute observation; I was not prepared for how much role-playing would be involved playing this game! I’m going to try to go for more of a story with my third muse, what a fun approach.

(Also please send me a lookit with that green & pink jacket 👀)

Is there any way you can select which follower showroom you can enter? I keep selecting people I follow in the showroom stream, but I keep returning to the same showroom.
Also, can you customize your brand logo? IIRC I saw that once, but forgot.

That’s such an astute observation; I was not prepared for how much role-playing would be involved playing this game! I’m going to try to go for more of a story with my third muse, what a fun approach.

(Also please send me a lookit with that green & pink jacket 👀)

Followed you. Send me a lookit request, and I'll fix the jacket. Glad you liked it! That outfit is my pride and joy so far.

The Holographic Jacket in black is an amazing look.

CoNpgt7.png

TCQFm6Z.png

Is there any way you can select which follower showroom you can enter? I keep selecting people I follow in the showroom stream, but I keep returning to the same showroom.

I just go to their showroom directly from their profile window. Find them in the "Your world" menu, ZR for actions > Profile >Showroom

Also, can you customize your brand logo? IIRC I saw that once, but forgot.

Yes! When creating a new item, Minus button to open the logo chooser, Y to customize it.

This might be one of the biggest disappointments of 2023 for me. Not that it is a bad game, and I love some parts, but I can't get over the gender locked stuff and also how it feels like it uses Pokemon tier animations. I think I might put it on hold to wait for a patch or two.

Just got to the third cocoon and uhhh, I’m never leaving! Ever!

Biggest complaint so far has got to be the performance; I’m at the point now where putting an outfit together feels pretty chuggy, and the more open areas of the cocoons struggle as well.

Just got to the third cocoon and uhhh, I’m never leaving! Ever!

Biggest complaint so far has got to be the performance; I’m at the point now where putting an outfit together feels pretty chuggy, and the more open areas of the cocoons struggle as well.

I feel they need to get the "tabs by different kinds of clothing items" UI they have on the Item creator in the outfit selector, too.
I've been using the existing filter basically to make the game only load one kind of item at a time.

I feel they need to get the "tabs by different kinds of clothing items" UI they have on the Item creator in the outfit selector, too.
I've been using the existing filter basically to make the game only load one kind of item at a time.
That would be great if they got the tabs in there! Seems doable. I will definitely try out the filter system, it’s feeling necessary now.

Also apparently you can only send someone one lookit?! I’ve had a Tangy Look on deck!

That would be great if they got the tabs in there! Seems doable. I will definitely try out the filter system, it’s feeling necessary now.

Also apparently you can only send someone one lookit?! I’ve had a Tangy Look on deck!

I'll try to send you another request later! I know the game sometimes grays out the "Request" option sometimes for me?

As I've upped my "age" a bit more now, I'm entering a new phase in life. I've decided to drop the pastel line and go all in on vivid colours now.

F-V1-qwb-AAAZQm3.jpg

I have to say that one of the coolest feelings in the game is to have someone give you a lookit, and they've taken your favourite colour into account. Got lots of yellow lookits, like, awww.

@big lantern ghost I tried to send you my jacket via a lookit, but I can only see Desdemona, which I can't send to, unfortunately.

So I am really enjoying this game to far! I haven’t put a ton of time into it just yet but I feel the game can be played lightly too which is great.

One huge compliment to this game is, it scratches a very specific itch - I love character customization in games, especially if I can be a cute girl, but this game takes that to 11 and is just like “Hey - here’s a game where you literally just dress up and be cute and take pictures” - it’s honestly just so stinkin fun, to boot!

I can see this game getting even better and better with those Free Updates! (Can we get fingernails please?!)

Oh! I made my Muse my avatar on here too! I saw a couple of you all doing that and I was like, that’s super clever maybe I should do that too haha

So I am really enjoying this game to far! I haven’t put a ton of time into it just yet but I feel the game can be played lightly too which is great.

One huge compliment to this game is, it scratches a very specific itch - I love character customization in games, especially if I can be a cute girl, but this game takes that to 11 and is just like “Hey - here’s a game where you literally just dress up and be cute and take pictures” - it’s honestly just so stinkin fun, to boot!

I can see this game getting even better and better with those Free Updates! (Can we get fingernails please?!)

Oh! I made my Muse my avatar on here too! I saw a couple of you all doing that and I was like, that’s super clever maybe I should do that too haha

Yeah, it really is a character customization fiesta. I’ve personally always loved that stuff, but have played painstakingly few games with actual main character customization, (off the top of my head I can recall Xenoblade X and more recently Starfield) so of course I went all hype overload when this game was first announced.

Nice to see your muse too!

This, I suck in real life at fashion, but somehow in the game my choices actually look decent lol

This game has been terrible for me because I've spent the past three days looking for very specific clothing items to replicate some of my in game looks IRL lol

As a nail art enthusiast I'd absolutely love fingernail customization!

We're missing that, handbags and bracelets from stuff Style Savvy had, so in hoping they end up getting added in the future.

this game is good because it weaponizes my favorite part of Animal Crossing, which was dressing my little person

Finally got the Online stuff up and going.

This game makes me feel so cute. It’s cozy and comforting. I love it!

(This soundtrack is great, too. It just oozes Nintendo DS/Wii-esque era charm for me, it’s wonderful.)

Finally got the Online stuff up and going.

This game makes me feel so cute. It’s cozy and comforting. I love it!

(This soundtrack is great, too. It just oozes Nintendo DS/Wii-esque era charm for me, it’s wonderful.)

The style savvy series in general has traditionally had an incredible amount of bangers. To the point even Sakurai knows it.

As a nail art enthusiast I'd absolutely love fingernail customization!

We're missing that, handbags and bracelets from stuff Style Savvy had, so in hoping they end up getting added in the future.
I'd love handbags, bracelets, belts, and some big floppy hats, though perhaps the latter are in there and I haven't come across them yet.

Passion fruit shirt is :cool:

F-T6o-O1a-QAAnn-Kx.jpg
Yeah, that top rules, I use it in a lot of 'simple/cool' ensembles.

My user ID is Dy3yByr7X6 if anyone wants to friend up!

Last edited:
Wearing your Roy Orbison shades on a cloudy day, just to pick up your kid from school? That's fashion, baby.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Just happened to notice: Fashion Dreamer is #6 on the Canadian eShop today!
hFuxQgc.jpg

Canucks have really engaged their 4d3d3d3 for this one, folks.
PdlFC5Q.gif

I'm glad it seems to be appearing on multiple different eShops, even if it's not gonna sell gangbusters. I was a bit worried with their lack of advertisement that only the dedicated followers would be buying.

Anyways, Muse #4 is going to be used for video game cosplays! I hope you can tell who this is? 😅

F-bgWaCbcAAm4A5

F-jpuH9a8AATHU5

Me and Punk Rock Sid, my first and highest bonded NPC 😎 I'm trying to raise the bond level of the Orihime NPC with the special hair too but I only see her rarely.

Back
Top Bottom