• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fashion Dreamer |ST| Goatee Contender

big lantern ghost

cantstandya
Pronouns
he/him
2yyk9Vl.gif

Only on Nintendo Switch
Available November 3rd, 2023

DO YOU 🌈
Ovau10M.gif

Over 1400 clothing items, many of which can be extensively customized! Whatever look you’re after — emo, mall goth, prep, George Costanza chic — you can make it happen.

CAPTURE THE LOOK 📸
5rLXGkq.gif

You’re an influencer on the rise! Put together outfits, accessories, find the right location to capture the look, and post to social media and show the world your style.

#TREND 📈
JXN6Evl.gif

Upload an outfit that will take the Fashion Dreamer community by storm! Rack up likes from other users online, and like what you see to get access to that person’s outfit and expand your options further.

📸👗❤️👚🤩👖💅📸👗❤️👚🤩👖💅
Famiboards ST logo by @OTBWY
Thread title by @Irene

Last edited:
Great ST! Very hyped for this.

So from what I've seen, clothes are "genderlocked" to type a and type b models, to avoid clipping. However since makeup isn't genderlocked and AFAIK no hairstyles are, you can still make a feminine or masculine looking face for either type.

That's slightly better. I'd still rather all clothes were useable on all models (And while we're at it, have more body type options, too!), but I'll take the baby steps.

Forgot to put this in the OP, but there is 10% launch discount on the eShop, and it ends today. If you know you’re getting it / are going digital, may as well!

Got my first Muse going, a previous Style Savvy MC of mine! Tutorial options are somewhat basic, but you can change them early-ish

F977u-uaQAA7PGz

So it turns out you're put in an offline tutorial for a good 30 minutes or so, don't be alarmed if you can't connect to any real players during this segment lol.

Is this game not getting reviews? :unsure:

Sadly, I don't think the mainstream games media even looks at fashion games. Style savvy didn't get many, either, despite being a Nintendo first party IP that sold enough to get several 3DS special editions made.

Sadly, I don't think the mainstream games media even looks at fashion games. Style savvy didn't get many, either, despite being a Nintendo first party IP that sold enough to get several 3DS special editions made.
Not even xseed or Marvelous Europe has even posted about this

Also regarding the updates japanese Twitter account confirmed every month they will be adding new clothes and accessories

Can anyone confirm how many clothing options there are for the “Type B” body type in comparison to “Type A”? And if there’s ANYTHING like skirts and such for Type B? Y’know, since the game apparently gender locks these things…

Also, has anyone made a video or whatever showing all the hairstyle types yet?

I gotta go to bed, but I very easily made an androgynous looking character with the Type B body, and switching between Muses is very quick. The genderlocking isn't a huge bother luckily. I can't wait to see some looks in this thread once we get past basic tutorial clothes.
F98OQCaaAAAPMPI

I gotta go to bed, but I very easily made an androgynous looking character with the Type B body, and switching between Muses is very quick. The genderlocking isn't a huge bother luckily. I can't wait to see some looks in this thread once we get past basic tutorial clothes.
F98OQCaaAAAPMPI
Can you wear skirts with a Type B body, though? And is there anywhere near as much variety of clothing for Type B compared to Type A? If the answer to those are no then it is a pretty huge bother for me.

I have absolutely no fashion sense, dressing myself in slacks and band t-shirts most of the time. So I am buying this game to try to learn what this “fashion” thing is all about.

I have absolutely no fashion sense, dressing myself in slacks and band t-shirts most of the time. So I am buying this game to try to learn what this “fashion” thing is all about.
What a great post! I think that's a great way to explore fashion. And hey, what's more relatable than wanting to feel good about what you wear, whatever that means to you?

Be careful when doing the tutorial quests!

I somehow managed to walk to a different area mid getting the rewards for one, and sort of managed to glitch my save.

I seemt to be having trouble quoting people these last few days 🫤 Anyways @Tye seems like you can't wear skirts with Type B body, closest you can get is making a Type A body masculine and putting a skirt on them.

Dunno about clothes balance, aren't far enough in yet to find out.

I seemt to be having trouble quoting people these last few days 🫤 Anyways @Tye seems like you can't wear skirts with Type B body, closest you can get is making a Type A body masculine and putting a skirt on them.

Dunno about clothes balance, aren't far enough in yet to find out.
Dammit… Yeah, not really seeing much reason for me to get this game then, unfortunately. =/ Doubt that’ll be one of the things they’ll fix in updates, either…

Trying to decide if i should make a lady or a dude. I..kinda dont like how the dudes look in this game tho.

gonna get this later down the line,

style savvy is a very important series to me.

and ghostly out of all nitnendos ones its probably the most dear to my heart.

dont really have the spending money for something rn cause i just made a lot of big purchases but am really looking forward ot this, i hope it turns out great

Alright after seeing that a lot of online characters are feminine/pastel coloured, it's inspired me to make my third muse SUPER colourful and crazy. I wanna see what outfits people give me lmao

the true Type B experience:

"One or more items cannot be worn by your current Muse type. Like anyway?"

The game is very encouraging. Sometimes I feel I miss the cords but the muses are like "Oh god you saved, I fuckin love this colors" and I'm like 😭

Also a shame clothing is also locked to type A/B, there are some pants or shirts I want from type B dammit

Anyway my current muse

xszvrJf.jpg

One thing this game needs to add in an update is a better search function, it's worse than other Style Savvy games.

@Delio I love that jacket!!

Last edited:
Anyone get the physical? Reversible art / booklet?
20231103-115052.jpg

Pretty nice considering that usually, Marvelous published games get a big "read before use" text box on the reversible art. This time around, it was printed as a small sheet like Nintendo does.

20231103-115052.jpg

Pretty nice considering that usually, Marvelous published games get a big "read before use" text box on the reversible art. This time around, it was printed as a small sheet like Nintendo does.
Thank you for the image. By the way Nintendo handled distribution for this release in NA and EU so that explains it I guess.

I just finished the tutorial section, liking the game so far but is kinda off-putting to me that the clothes are gendered. I get that they wanna avoid clipping but the characters models look so much similar that I don’t think it would’ve been so hard to adjust the clothing models a bit.

I just wanna mix « male » clothing with « female » clothing and it’s really lame that you can’t, especially in a game that is supposedly about expressing your true self through fashion.

Rest a little bit assured that if you chose a Type B body, you'll start racking up options fairly soon. It's stinky that things are split the way they are, but I'm getting to a point now where I'm starting to have a pretty wide array of items to choose from.

Also:
Man this game is a ton of fun! The rush of someone liking my outfit and also sending me an outfit they dressed me in was nice.

F9_QfStbIAAO61m
YxSwS1P.gif

I haven't found anything as good as that hoodie yet. Fire.

Great outfits everyone! What’s the gameplay loop like?
I’m sure someone will be able to give a better explanation! But essentially you take pics of your outfits for your social media, and can re-dress other muses you see around the area with either your own items or a little collection the game provides. Either of those things awards you with a couple currencies you can use to unlock more colours, patterns, clothes, etc. These are all in-game currencies by the way, no microtransactions! There are also lots of opportunities to rack up free clothes; you can like any piece of clothing you see a muse wearing to add it to your collection, and several menu boards rotate through different items you can similarly pick up for free.

I just finished the tutorial section, liking the game so far but is kinda off-putting to me that the clothes are gendered. I get that they wanna avoid clipping but the characters models look so much similar that I don’t think it would’ve been so hard to adjust the clothing models a bit.

I just wanna mix « male » clothing with « female » clothing and it’s really lame that you can’t, especially in a game that is supposedly about expressing your true self through fashion.
Yeah, it’s super disappointing. I can at least somewhat understand the clipping problem with tops (but even then, they could have just made Type A and Type B versions for everything; it’s not like they’d have to make new models and textures for that, just tweak the existing ones), but it makes no sense that they won’t even allow bottoms to be used by both body types!

As a non-binary person who’s terrible when it comes to fashion and picking out new clothes in general, I was hoping to be able to use this game to put together some outfits I’d like to wear in real life that I can try to replicate, but if I can’t even use skirts with the Type B body then his game just isn’t going to offer me the kind of variety that I want…

I wonder if things would be different if Nintendo would have published this as a Style Savvy game instead…

I’m sure someone will be able to give a better explanation! But essentially you take pics of your outfits for your social media, and can re-dress other muses you see around the area with either your own items or a little collection the game provides. Either of those things awards you with a couple currencies you can use to unlock more colours, patterns, clothes, etc. These are all in-game currencies by the way, no microtransactions! There are also lots of opportunities to rack up free clothes; you can like any piece of clothing you see a muse wearing to add it to your collection, and several menu boards rotate through different items you can similarly pick up for free.
So it’s kind of like those dressup games that you could play as a kid, only dialed up to eleven. At least that’s what I’m getting. Interesting, I’m still waiting for my sister to buy that game, but my girlfriend and I are ready to pester her with our unsolicited wardrobe advice

So it’s kind of like those dressup games that you could play as a kid, only dialed up to eleven. At least that’s what I’m getting. Interesting, I’m still waiting for my sister to buy that game, but my girlfriend and I are ready to pester her with our unsolicited wardrobe advice
Like yes, pretty much! As someone who never played Style Savvy, getting some Barbie Fashion Designer feels for sure. As people have pointed out, you unfortunately can’t use all items on a single muse due to the A & B body types. It is easy to create several muses, at least! Not ideal. But it’s something.

I feel like I’m just getting to the point now where I have a lot of stuff at my fingertips and it is glorious

One thing this game needs to add in an update is a better search function, it's worse than other Style Savvy games.

@Delio I love that jacket!!

The search function is incredibly basic, yeah. I'm hoping that's one of the first things they patch, because as of now it's not useful at all.

Why does the Photo Egg music go so hard, though????

Especially when you move to the sticker menu and it changes to the second variation, it feels more like you're getting locked and loaded before a fashion fight in some sort of fashion war game. It slaps.

Also obligatory photo dump.

mA4hjn4.png

lOTFfdd.png

x4W7Xlw.png

AsZXWAy.png

Also the Game doesnt require online suscription to play online

I've seen that info around, and I'm actually surprised. I guess the game is sort of using its own servers instead of Nintendo's? but it's still neat. Also likely another sign this is getting ported in the future.

Speaking of that, we need to get a list of creator IDs going so we can follow each other.

Clipping all the clothes I can't wear through my showroom's furniture in protest.

2023110300395400-BD81B40B7C3B4E3A00381D8F20F9F47B.jpg

2023110309364600-BD81B40B7C3B4E3A00381D8F20F9F47B.jpg

Of all the things that are genderlocked, I can't believe the different styles of shorts are one of them.

Back
Top Bottom