• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Fashion Dreamer |ST| Goatee Contender

The magician.

F-g-Neu-Va-UAAIu-L2.jpg

Also got this amazing lookit by someone called Blanche!

F-l-HEtlb-IAApy-Sf.jpg

I would love some insight on this too! It’d be nice if the bingo machine in the final cocoon paid out in keys or something.

Yeah, at the moment I have, like, 500k E-points and 20 creative keys.

I like when you find other players with similar cords

SM6O94j.jpg

Also the keys is something most japanese players have commented on the official japanese Twitter account, so hopefully Marvelous will update that

I've decided to move on, take a step away from my vivid line and go all in on monochrome and black/white.

Today's look!

F-p-Vgz-Ob-AAETj-Oo.jpg

F-p-Vgzka-IAA593-F.jpg

Wishlist now is nails, armbands, necklaces, and scarfs and stuff. And hoodies where you can pull on/off the hood! Feels like there's so much opportunities, but even more potential.

Well, Best Buy brought back their buy two, get one free deal and it seems like the physical copies of this game may be in short supply, so I went ahead and got it anyway despite the game’s gender-locking issues.

Really hope people don’t stop putting on pressure to syn Sophia/Marvelous/Xseed about the gender-lock shit. The fact that this game is actually getting updates means it’s still very much a realistic possibility that things can still be fixed, but that probably won’t happy if people aren’t making enough noise about the issue…

An NPC gave me their bizzaro skin tone as an option, so I've gone supernatural (would've been more relevant last month)

F-tCYnZboAA0V9u

Last edited:
I'm unfortunately starting to feel the enjoyment decreasing quite a bit, due to the limitations of the creative key system. It's more or less one of my favourite parts of the game, customizing your items, trying to nail that perfect colour palette and then see how hard it hits for your brand increase. Not only because it's a numbers go up kind of thing, but also because it's just so gratifying to further your creative expression by making your own tailor-made stuff.

Like, I unlocked some shoes with my last keys, and managed to land a 10-star rating, the brand leveled up like heck, and the shoes were gorgeous on top of that, it's such a rush.

I like when you find other players with similar cords

SM6O94j.jpg

Also the keys is something most japanese players have commented on the official japanese Twitter account, so hopefully Marvelous will update that

There's nothing quite like finding your crew online! I found my white glasses comrade today:

F-vcf2la8-AAm-I-U.jpg

F-zomXIakAAXvBc

Unlocked the heart-eye pupils from an NPC called Love-Radiating Louie, for those interested. The Fashion Dreamer subreddit is listing a few NPC unlocks :)

I'm loving the game but I've realized that for some reason, leggings are exclusive to type B (male) characters. I'm so confused.
Fortunately it seems some skinny jeans can look quite similar, but this just doesn't make sense o_O

Finally started playing this…and holy shit, the gender-locking is even worse than I thought. =/ There is simply no good reason for most of these clothes to be locked to just Type A or Type B. Tops are one thing (that they should still make both A and B versions of regardless), but all bottoms, socks, and shoes, too?! Why?! For bottoms, at the very least they could easily make loose-fitting stuff available for both Type A and Type B (which would include skirts!) since there shouldn’t really be clipping issues or anything, and there really is no good excuse at all for all socks and shoes being gender-locked. It’s just so arbitrary and unnecessary and it completely undermines the whole point of the game…

Anyway…can anyone explain exactly what determines which clothes you can customize to be your own brand? I have some stuff that I’d like in a different color, but it’s not available for me to customize… And it’s not already someone else’s customized item, either, because I’ve been only liking default, non-customized clothes. (Speaking of which, is there a reason to not just “like” every default item you come across so that you have access to it? I would like to only “like” stuff that I actually, y’know, like, but it seems “like” just means “obtain” in this game…)

Also, I just now met a Type B NPC who is shorter than my own Muse…despite the fact that my size is set to Type 1, the shortest I can make it. Why can NPCs be shorter than you can make your own player character?! I want to be shorter, too! Why can’t I be shorter but the NPC can?!

I just do not understand why there are so many arbitrary restrictions in a game that’s supposed to be all about customization and personal expression…

Just got a My Nintendo survey for this game, so check your emails in case you got one too! You better believe I used all 2,000 characters to talk about the severely limiting gender-locking issues that undermine the whole point of the game. =P (Would be nice if others did the same, too, in hopes that the issue might actually be addressed in future updates…)

Rounding it out at 77.1k followers, Irina is now calling it quits.

Going through my Switch photo album feels almost like going through her diary. It's a bit touching, actually. I'm proud of her.

Hers.jpg

Now, make way for Evy!

F-o8-A0-Hb-EAEn-Dsq.jpg

Update is coming on 12/5!

Besides the new items already showned in the teaser, it includes:
  • Look Book, so you can save your favorite outfits and change anytime
  • Muse Notebook that has all the photos and coords you have taken with NPC muses and you can see your relationship levels
  • A limited event where you have to clear some conditions to get some prizes (i.e. "like 3 different outfits from other muses")

There is also a collab with Ciao but I don't know if we are going to get those, but its just clothes that have prints of characters from Naisho no Lily and Shining, so I guess it's not a big loss if we don't get them.

And teasing January: STEAMPUNK IS COMING

9lYCCUP.png

That's actually more than I expected for the first update, given it probably was being worked on before the game even released, and before they had user feedback.

Hyped!

And all these new clothes are still gender-locked, I take it, right? =/

Yup, I don't see that changing ( if they change it) in the January update either

If they do change it, expect it to happen a couple months into the future. The entire thing is going to need significant dev time, and the updates we're getting now were probably already in development and planning before release.

If they do change it, expect it to happen a couple months into the future. The entire thing is going to need significant dev time, and the updates we're getting now were probably already in development and planning before release.
Yeah. I completely understand the desire to remove gender-locked clothing, but it will fundamentally involve re-modeling all the clothing for the other body types. That's...a big lift.

Yeah. I completely understand the desire to remove gender-locked clothing, but it will fundamentally involve re-modeling all the clothing for the other body types. That's...a big lift.
I understand that for tops, and for some bottoms (though I’d think looser fitting bottoms, including skirts, shouldn’t really pose much issue), but do they really have to re-model the fucking shoes and socks?! Like, those just seem gender-locked for the sake of gender-locking.

I understand that for tops, and for some bottoms (though I’d think looser fitting bottoms, including skirts, shouldn’t really pose much issue), but do they really have to re-model the fucking shoes and socks?! Like, those just seem gender-locked for the sake of gender-locking.

I haven't looked too much at those. Intuitively, socks should be comparatively easier, yeah. It's AFAIK just texture work, even if they had to remap them, it's a process that could be automated if they get to it.

Shoes, it might in fact be a problem, because I'm pretty sure the foot part of the models are in fact different. It's still not like, unsurmountable, but it's also not "free".

That said, this is all intuitively, I have no idea how the game works and am talking in a best case scenario. I can also imagine a LOT of worse case scenarios they could have set themselves into if they never expected to have to un-gender-lock the game.

I haven't looked too much at those. Intuitively, socks should be comparatively easier, yeah. It's AFAIK just texture work, even if they had to remap them, it's a process that could be automated if they get to it.

Shoes, it might in fact be a problem, because I'm pretty sure the foot part of the models are in fact different. It's still not like, unsurmountable, but it's also not "free".

That said, this is all intuitively, I have no idea how the game works and am talking in a best case scenario. I can also imagine a LOT of worse case scenarios they could have set themselves into if they never expected to have to un-gender-lock the game.
The B models have larger feet, less Barbie-shaped.

So here are all the QoL added in this update

• Change some button functionality in the catalog, so now Y will open up the search (and yes they mentioned they are already working on making a better search system for later updates)
  • Faster notifications so you won't hear the notification sound constantly (Honestly they should just have added the option to disable the sound notification)
  • Improved rate of appeareance of NPC muses: So you aren't looking at the same 4 or 5, they are going to make easier to see the rare ones
  • Some UI improvment (text, and other things)

Underrated aspect of the game: the timing necessary to get just the right pose(s) during a photo. All the animations have such fun little tics and microdetails that it’s rather fun trying to grab the moment you’re looking for.

IMG-0358.jpg

Ooh yeah my Muse names are all weird, so if you see requests from 'Tsuki', 'Suffi, or 'Jackal' that's me.

Apparently the event straight up wasn't unlocking things properly for some Japanese players, so it's been suspended. I managed to get a few things before that happened. I actually have the butterfly dress in straight pale pink from someone else if anyone wants it? I could make a Lookit with it in it.

Back
Top Bottom