• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards Baseball Crew 2023

I was visiting my brother in Iowa this week, and I wondered aloud if Cubs games would be blacked out for me on MLB TV. Of course, they are, and so are the White Sox, Twins, Cardinals, Brewers, and Royals. For those keeping score at home, that's 20% of the league that is permanently blacked out in a state with no team of its own.

Anyways, this Cubs team is turning into a real treat. What a difference a few weeks make.

Mariners do absolutely nothing of note to help the team and somehow have gained 2.5 games since the trade deadlineā€¦

Hammy is the best in the business.

It immediately rocketed up there in the annals of legendary Cleveland sports calls, with "GOODNIGHT OAKLAND" (Fred McCleod after the Cavs won the title) and "RUN WILLIAM RUN" (Jim Donovan when William Green busted one against the Falcons in 2002).

Cubs just finished a huge week by taking two out of three from the Braves! They started the week 4 games back, in third. Now they are tied for second and only 1.5 games back.

Now comes the soft part of the schedule.

Look out for the Mariners! Hottest team in baseball baby!

Also, shame on the Angeloā€™s family for suspending their announcer for simply stating the team had a bad record in Tampa. And that had graphic cards with it so had to have gone through production staff as well. What a joke of a team.

The Rockies won a game yesterday through sheer grit, determination, and... the Brewers throwing 12 straight balls with the bases loaded in extra innings to walk in three runs. I guess we'll take that.

If we can take a game or two vs the Dodgers in LA starting tonight that'll be huge. Don't want to give up the lead in a really weak NL Central.

The Rockies won a game yesterday through sheer grit, determination, and... the Brewers throwing 12 straight balls with the bases loaded in extra innings to walk in three runs. I guess we'll take that.

I had nearly purged that game from my memory already šŸ™ƒ

First, he threatens to move the White Sox. Then, he fires the entire front office.

I want whatever coke Jerry Reinsdorf is using because the man doesn't gaf anymore.

An honor well deserved. Cool to see us taking a page out of soccer clubs books and naming parts of the stands after important people.

2-0 in September, yes sir! Another +1 to the record setting amount of walkoff wins at Progressive Field as well.

My 80 win prediction/goal has been met!

Unfortunately, I was ready to post this a week ago, and the Cubs didn't agree!

Baseball sucks sometimes!

One of the most uniquely disappointing seasons of my life!

Go Orioles, I guess?

I have been such a bad baseball fan this year! At some point I tapered off and read several books about baseball instead ofā€¦watching baseball? Now the Jays made the wildcard and I feel like such a fraud wanting to watch again lol. Iā€™ve been watching for 15 years, honest! Iā€™m not a fairweather fan šŸ˜‚

It's wild to me the Rays are getting a new stadium right next to the current one when everyone knows the fans aren't going to go to that stadium either. You hate to move a team, but my goodness, how does MLB see a new stadium as bringing in more revenue than moving the team somewhere that will pack the house night in and night out?

So the only thing between us and an All Texas ALCS is Minnesota.

I picked the wrong season to stop sniffing glueā€¦

Happy Birthday Bryce Harper. So sad to the Cheatin' Astros and the loser cowboys.

This Geller guy on the DBacks looks like an awkward middle schooler. Pitching about as well.

Last edited:
why did they send out like three DBacks today to say the noise at CBP wasn't impressive?? never understand teams just burying themselves like that. first Arcia now this

Back
Top Bottom