• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Famiboards Baseball Crew 2023

I’ve decided to stop watching this season after the despicable treatment of Oakland fans by the owner and chickshit Rob Manfred. After having the Sonics ripped away from me in 2008, I can’t support an organization doing Oakland dirty like this.

Despite his earlier blunders, I was starting to come around to Manfred. His pace of play initiative has been a god-send to the sport, and he has been pushing hard to get baseball free of the RSN blackout shackles. Well, he has really shown his ass again this past week. Dude just can't keep his mouth shut.

Me after watching the last like 10 Jays games I've managed to catch:
kUiu6B0.png

The Blue Jays are sponsored by BioSteel and I spent $15 so I could pound every flavour my grocery store had while I watch their games. My god are these FLAVOURED. They use Stevia, not sugar — though I’m pretty sure Stevia isn’t great? — but wow. The “Rainbow Blend” was a 1000% fruit punch taste and the “White Freeze” (my fave but also I drank this one while I was hungover so maybe it’s biased) was like eating a dozen white freezies at the same time. White freezies are cream soda flavoured by the way! I feel like I’ve come across so many people who didn’t know that. It’s right on the box!

I’m on a work trip in southern Indiana and saw a baseball game at League Stadium, where they filmed the movie A League of their Own. Pretty good game, came down to a walk off run to end the game for the home team.

.5 back of the Twins after snatching this one from the Royals. Hope Tito is okay though. He went to the hospital before the game and is being kept there overnight.

I’m on a work trip in southern Indiana and saw a baseball game at League Stadium, where they filmed the movie A League of their Own. Pretty good game, came down to a walk off run to end the game for the home team.

Isn’t that in Evansville? Hope you got some Hacienda during your trip.

Isn’t that in Evansville? Hope you got some Hacienda during your trip.
Huntingburg, in the movie it’s where most of the scenes are, but the Championship game was filmed in Evansville.

I didn't know we had a baseball thread here!

In a season where nobody expected anything of us, my Reds have been a welcome surprise. Our starting pitching is a disaster, but the lineup is young and fun. I don't know how the rest of the season will play out, but I'm enjoying the ride!

How do you lose a game in which you outhit the opponent by about a million and your star player steals home? Terrible.

I didn't know we had a baseball thread here!

In a season where nobody expected anything of us, my Reds have been a welcome surprise. Our starting pitching is a disaster, but the lineup is young and fun. I don't know how the rest of the season will play out, but I'm enjoying the ride!
I'm going to the Nats/Reds game tonight - my sister's moving to Cincinnati later this summer to attend grad school, so it felt like a good opportunity to take her to her first ballgame. New town vs old!

Nats stink this year but they managed to take three series in a row on the road, so we'll see if they make it a close one tonight.

I'm going to the Nats/Reds game tonight - my sister's moving to Cincinnati later this summer to attend grad school, so it felt like a good opportunity to take her to her first ballgame. New town vs old!

Nats stink this year but they managed to take three series in a row on the road, so we'll see if they make it a close one tonight.
Close game tonight. I was a bit uncertain that the weather would hold up, but that didn't end up being a problem.

Close game tonight. I was a bit uncertain that the weather would hold up, but that didn't end up being a problem.
It was beautiful! Yet another close win for the Reds.

Not gonna lie, pinch runner getting caught stealing at the bottom of the 9th really hurt. 🫠

Managed to scrape one win out against the Braves, I'll consider that a massive victory. Hope we can sweep the Royals and go into the break above 500.

A lot of our guys have been doing well, but it cannot be emphasized enough how much of an impact Elly has made for us. We have gone 22-6 or something like that since he was called up. Still a lot of the season left, but I am feeling very lucky as a reds fan right now.

Elias Diaz with the game-winning home run! A Colorado Rockies player did something! Wooooo

Julio had that 94 mph pitch down the middle. Set up perfectly for the walk off. Alas, no dice.

Also, spineless Manfred got tired of the boos and wouldn’t even come out for the trophy presentation. We showed out in our hatred for him and Houston thankfully.

The Jays were creamed 9-1 by the Padres last night, it was not great. But there was one detail I felt extremely compelled to report to you all:

FCnYwSu.png

Jays fans ate an astonishing, frankly disturbing ~71k dogs in one evening.

Toronto. Are you OK

The Baltimore Orioles are alone in first place in the toughest division in baseball. I did not have that on my 2023 bingo card.

Fantastic trade deadline for the Guardians. Jettisoned all the dead weight and picked up some good prospects.

Back
Top Bottom