• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

Unconfirmed
Eliminate the 'block' feature is in direct violation of App Store guidelines & will lead to X’s removal from the App Store, if implemented

^ I don't think that really applies to users, I think that means the company themselves has to be able to block people from using it. Could be wrong though.

Unconfirmed
Eliminate the 'block' feature is in direct violation of App Store guidelines & will lead to X’s removal from the App Store, if implemented

Pretty sure the bigotry and rampant illegal content going around would be as well, but apple sure seems to not care despite previously threatening to pull the app

Also lol @ Jack agreeing with elon on that (why tf do people trust his twitter clone anyway?)

Reading the guidelines...

Google:
The app must include a system to block user-created content and users themselves.
Meanwhile Apple:
The ability to block abusive users from the service

Google to me sounds very much like "users must be able to block others" while Apple's does sound more like "companies have to be able to block users from accessing the service" 🤔

Torn between wanting Twitter to explode in a giant fireball and not wanting it to happen because all the accounts I follow (especially foreign artists) will be scattered to the winds

Hm. Elon really did kill the Tweetdeck experience. That's very very annoying.
The slow death is quite agonizing. If he wants to destroy the site, can he just pull the plug and make it quick?

2e2bf533-d8fd-4494-9986-3680221cf776.png

just saw this on a random discord

Okay so from what I'm reading the "commercial viability" thing was already in their TOS. This is not a Musk thing, it's a shitty corporation thing.

This "the site formerly known as Twitter" in nearly every single random news article on multiple sites will never stop being weird to me.

Musk pulled a hat trick today on the Ars Technica homepage:

Musk pulled a hat trick today on the Ars Technica homepage:

unbelievable that a single, petty techbro can literally meddle with a literal fuckin war

I feel today is a very good day for Musk to forever shut the fuck up holy shit. This guy is almost a Russian puppet by now I feel:

ratmusk1zey2.jpg

He's such an idiotic russian puppet, since everyone paying attention knows a truce like that is what caused this portion of the war and all these deaths to begin with.

I feel today is a very good day for Musk to forever shut the fuck up holy shit. This guy is almost a Russian puppet by now I feel:

ratmusk1zey2.jpg

I do agree it’s a dumb war that’s gone on far too long that seemingly will never end (and I thought it would end in a year tbh, shame on me) but there’s no room for a rich man to just artificially go “no ukraine you cant do that” and rig the scales to appeal to his blatant bias

Legitimately find this guy way more damaging, harmful, dangerous and annoying than any president in my lifetime tbh, and not just because he basically destroyed one of the major internet social platforms, but because of shit like this/enabling alt right shitheads worldwide

I do agree it’s a dumb war that’s gone on far too long that seemingly will never end (and I thought it would end in a year tbh, shame on me) but there’s no room for a rich man to just artificially go “no ukraine you cant do that” and rig the scales to appeal to his blatant bias
Yep. Plus if he's gonna try to shut one side down and go "knock it off, stop attacking" out of a sincere desire for peace, you'd think he'd be trying to shut down the aggressor. The fact that he (and many rightwing politicians for that matter) is saying "both sides should stop!" while taking action against only one side of those sides is so telling.

Legitimately find this guy way more damaging, harmful, dangerous and annoying than any president in my lifetime tbh, and not just because he basically destroyed one of the major internet social platforms, but because of shit like this/enabling alt right shitheads worldwide
Yep again. And all because his daughter rightfully hates his guts. Unbelievable that it's even possible for something like that to elevate into affecting the world.

Last edited:
If Musk didn't want Star link to be used by the Ukrainians for military operations, he probably should have thought about that before offering them access to it in the middle of a goddamn war.

"I'll give the Ukrainians Starlink, they'll build statues in my honor!"

"Дякую, now we can sink that nasty Russian fleet that's lobbing missiles at our cities"

"Nooooooooo! Don't do that!"

I feel like there are lessons to be learned here about having so much control over communications infrastructure concentrated in the hands of a manchild who is constantly off his tits on something.

Back
Top Bottom