• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

great. the richest man in the world is entertaining the LRG transphobe who got fired earlier this year. And it seems she's bringing up the person who called her out on it who already had to flee the internet due to the excessive transphobia sent her way, and has a weirdo stalker calling her a pedophile on the daily.

God this is such a fucking cesspool. I hate this man so much. I hate transphobia even more.

If there is any positive out of this, I can only hope it's this: Muskrat has invested a huge portion of his personal wealth into Twitter, and already tanked the value of the brand hard.

Offering a shady lawyer scheme of "We'll pay all your fees, no questions asked" seems like a potential speed run to actually bankrupting himself, or at least I can only hope so.

If there is any positive out of this, I can only hope it's this: Muskrat has invested a huge portion of his personal wealth into Twitter, and already tanked the value of the brand hard.

Offering a shady lawyer scheme of "We'll pay all your fees, no questions asked" seems like a potential speed run to actually bankrupting himself, or at least I can only hope so.
Yet another thing he'll try to back out of if it starts actually happening, that he'll be forced to follow through with when someone sues him for going back on publicly-made financial offers. 🤣

Also maybe it tanks the value of the brand even more since it will start becoming the "place to be a piece of shit that will go out of it's way to defend you being a piece of shit". I really really doubt he will even try to pay for anyone that got the short end of the stick for anything remotely progressive.

What if you were a Twitter employee that was fired for something you Tweeted?
oG06yoq_d.webp

I’ve got three (3) Bluesky codes for anyone who’s like them.

Do you remember if you need to give a phone number to join? I hate that, but otherwise I'd be interested in checking it out if you or anyone else has a spare code going. Been meaning to wean myself off Twitter and do a reset of sorts.

Do you remember if you need to give a phone number to join? I hate that, but otherwise I'd be interested in checking it out if you or anyone else has a spare code going. Been meaning to wean myself off Twitter and do a reset of sorts.
I don't believe you do, but I honestly don't remember, sorry.

I've handed out the three codes I have on hand, but will post here again when I get more!

So you're telling me all of this was just a giant PR stunt to get into the media? I am shocked. SHOCKED.

Given Musk's cavalier attitude towards data security, this'll likely mean he'll have a massive collection of names and addresses where it'll only be a matter of time before they're blown wide open.

On the positive side, this will net him another lawsuit from the EU for not following GDPR. At least, I hope so.

Given Musk's cavalier attitude towards data security, this'll likely mean he'll have a massive collection of names and addresses where it'll only be a matter of time before they're blown wide open.

On the positive side, this will net him another lawsuit from the EU for not following GDPR. At least, I hope so.

since twitter is acting up again i saved a screenshot
F3qsmW9XgAczqg9

ID verification will soon come to X

since twitter is acting up again i saved a screenshot
F3qsmW9XgAczqg9

ID verification will soon come to X
:ROFLMAO:

He was already nutty for thinking he needs access to my bank account, as it was, now he wants government IDs, too?

Enjoy the incoming fraud suits, Muskrat.

Lawrence Kasanoff, Tim Curry and Foodfight tried to warn us, but naaah.

I'm now on BlueSky and it seems good despite being in beta and unfinished (hence the invite system).

I can't force my twitter / X friends to leave this trash site but I'm sad to see them constantly having to deal with homophobes and racists, every flippin days.
"No, I'm having fun deaing with these morons", while ignoring that these morons are paid members and giving them a platform is giving them money and they can now hide their blue ticket of shame.

Lawrence Kasanoff, Tim Curry and Foodfight tried to warn us, but naaah.

I'm now on BlueSky and it seems good despite being in beta and unfinished (hence the invite system).

I can't force my twitter / X friends to leave this trash site but I'm sad to see them constantly having to deal with homophobes and racists, every flippin days.
"No, I'm having fun deaing with these morons", while ignoring that these morons are paid members and giving them a platform is giving them money and they can now hide their blue ticket of shame.

I’m still on cohost and only cohost because i’m not trusting a site made by a cryptobro: but yeah i left twitter in april and only use it for small stuff or switchposting and at this recent rate i may just make my account private. Lots of indies and such are just… harder to contact with some leaving the site entirely and several mutuals have even deleted their accounts.

Anytime i hear what twitter is up to now it’s almost always stupid bigotry or whatnot so it’s best for me and everyone else to leave. I seriously pray this idiot loses the site soon so a sensible person can own it again and ban all the bigots

Given up on tweeting a while back but removing blocking is probably where I stop even reading. Maybe I'll look to score a Bluesky code, do a reset of sorts and try to curate a more positive social media.

Yes, removing blocking is definitely a great idea when your platform continues to be swarmed by cryptobots, nazis and general bad faith actors.

It's like he actually wants to make this platform worse and worse with every decision.

Giving scans of your passport and it’s data at the same time as an up-to-the-minute photo of yourself to a social media platform with falling-apart infrastructure and management that changes policy on a whim seems like a monumentally stupid idea and a security risk to the user. I suspect various countries won’t be in love with the idea of Twitter storing an international database of lots and lots of them for weeks at a time either.

Last edited:
I wonder how the block thing is going to shake out given that apparently even checkmarks hate it, and... it's against the app store rules and Apple have fewer and fewer reasons to want to make exceptions for Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom