• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Elon Musk and the End of Twitter

As a non-Twitter user*, this seems to be the default response from Twitter users, which is a bit baffling.

I know some folks built their business on it, but it also looks like an addiction from the outside looking in.

*(I technically maintain an account so I can look at tweets when folks link them, but that is becoming less important by the day)

So, there’s no possible way Twitter doesn’t death spiral, right? Like I know we are living through that now, but it’s basically impossible for Twitter to financially recover since it wasn’t profitable in the best of times, and any chance to reverse that is already out of reach? It feels inevitable Twitter is either bankrupted or it’s sold off to some bidder just interested in harvesting past data and user information. It really just feels like a matter of when.

Twitter just seems to be bleeding. Honestly I was kinda skeptical of the death comments, but in all honesty with it the way it's going it looks to be having a slow death.

Every week seems to be another screw up costing members, or something being insufferable.

It doesn't surprise me that the ones hanging on are those who sunk the most into twitter. But everyday seems to be a new horror to experience.

It certainly ain't dying tomorrow. But its coming who knows how many months or years.

Made a new thread that might be interesting and/or relevant to some people here! Especially the ones who have been struggling with the loss of audiences (either on Twitter itself or as a result of moving to other sites)

The problem is that nothing has
Twitter just seems to be bleeding. Honestly I was kinda skeptical of the death comments, but in all honesty with it the way it's going it looks to be having a slow death.

Every week seems to be another screw up costing members, or something being insufferable.

It doesn't surprise me that the ones hanging on are those who sunk the most into twitter. But everyday seems to be a new horror to experience.

It certainly ain't dying tomorrow. But it’s coming who knows how many months or years.
Unfortunately nothing has taken over yet. Only a fraction have moved to Threads. Blue Sky is still invitation only. Companies and people millions of Twitter followers are going to be hesitant to leave.

1200px-Mega_Man_X_MMX_DiVE.png

The problem is that nothing has

Unfortunately nothing has taken over yet. Only a fraction have moved to Threads. Blue Sky is still invitation only. Companies and people millions of Twitter followers are going to be hesitant to leave.
I don't think anything is taking over. Its gonna be a wild west of people spreading out. Yeah people are there, but people are leaving.

It doesn't help that every day something stupid happens.

I wonder what all the big companies who primarily use Twitter are going to do. A lot of ongoing games use it as their news pages.

I wonder what all the big companies who primarily use Twitter are going to do. A lot of ongoing games use it as their news pages.

Not a big company but Twitter was my favorite socmed presence (even though our FB following was waaaaay bigger).

What I'm going to do (and I think other companies will do the same), is to continue maintaining some form of presence on Twitter/X. As bad as the death spiral it is, you still get decent reach off Twitter/X. Plus dank memes. And there's just no good alternative to Twitter now.

At the same time, start exploring other alternatives to connecting with followers. So that when Twitter/X's plug finally actually get pulled, you still have all the other socmed to turn back to.

Basically, business as usual.

I find dark mode to be much more readable, but as I'm autistic this might be a sensory thing - I'm sensitive to bright light in general.

Still a stupid decision though, but what more can you say about Twitter's very own Caligula wannabe.

There is no practical reason to remove light mode at all. It won't make development significantly cheaper or anything. And there's people that need light mode to be able to use Xitter.

Normally I embed their tweets because they read easier than the way xenforo does links, but for some reason Kotaku didn't tweet this article 🤔

Not a fair comparison, Mr. House was actually extremely competent and only gets undone by Benny screwing things up, and even then he recovers unless the player goes against him. He also is very good at actually running his business.

No way that’s not shut down by the city within the next few days.
He'll say it's the liberal woke San Francisco government trying to censor his freedom of expression.

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if he made it as obnoxious as possible specifically to force their hand just so he could make that argument.

Since Twitter isn’t Twitter anymore, does that mean the name is up for grabs? Cause shoot, I’ll take it.

No idea about trademarks but seems like “Twitter dot com” will expire January 21 2024. It’s under a company “CSC Corporate Domains”, dunno how they operate. Common domain registrars only rent the address and if you stop paying for renewals then anyone else can grab it, but maybe this corporate-focused service has some guardrails against it

No idea about trademarks but seems like “Twitter dot com” will expire January 21 2024. It’s under a company “CSC Corporate Domains”, dunno how they operate. Common domain registrars only rent the address and if you stop paying for renewals then anyone else can grab it, but maybe this corporate-focused service has some guardrails against it

Ceasing to pay for twitter.com would simultaneously be one of the stupidest moves imaginable at this stage, but also very on brand.

No way that’s not shut down by the city within the next few days.

looks like the X logo that was erected above X / Twitter HQ has been removed the SF Department of Buildings just uploaded nearly two dozens more complaints it received about it re: unsafe strobes, sandbags holding it up, lighting starting to "droop" off

'Blaze Your Glory' is the next unleashed phase of Lord Musk's ultimate plan of transforming Twitter into a crappy fashion magazine.

„Look at me I have all the time and money in the world to make the best marketing ever!!!“

Seriously at this point this have to be some troll move where Elon and Sugarmountain have some deal in place to destroy Twitter so Threads can be successful.

Back
Top Bottom