• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion Do you expect to see Metroid Prime 4 at Nintendo's June Direct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just depends on when in the timeline they set the game and if it continues to be some kind of largely seperate narrative from the events of Fusion onward.

It would be pretty crazy if Prime 4 Samus is post-Fusion/Dread.
Honestly, I'll just reiterate one of my biggest desires regarding the Prime series: it's been time for Metroid to have a Zelda style split timeline. That way, Tanabe and Retro can tell their own stories without the worry of contradicting what Sakamoto and MS may do later on in the timeline, and on the flip side, Sakamoto can continue doing the bare minimum acknowledging whatever the Prime games did.

Assuming rumors about Prime 4's story involving a mystical planet and time travel make it to the final product, that's all that would be necessary to set it up. Sci-fi tropes and technobabble can take care of the rest.

Tanabe already got his Light/Dark World revisting out of his system. Going back on his Ocarina of Time BS sounds like just the kind of thing I can see him do!

Super Metal Dave says he believes Prime 4 is "wrapping up development" in his newest video, so it must be true.
Lmao that guy

Never thought Metroid would ever have enough info available at any given time to sustain a clickbait channel but he sure proved me wrong

please continue the discussion in these threads:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom