• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Site Event Community Game Challenge - Halloween 2021 | October 15th-November 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies for the double post, but when did you beat Circle of the Moon? To qualify for the badge, it has to be on or after the event started (October 15th).

Also, I guess to make this easier on me, please @ me when you complete a challenge - I've accidentally missed a few because I didn't notice it was challenge related. A staff member or I will get to you as soon as we can!
This past Sunday (17th).

Yes, I figured I'd get ahead of it so the mobile view wasn't too cluttered.
I don't want to ask for to much but is there maybe a chance that we can choose if we want to see them on mobile or not? Right now I use the forum 90% on mobile and i find it kinda sad that the badge don't show there.

I don't want to ask for to much but is there maybe a chance that we can choose if we want to see them on mobile or not? Right now I use the forum 90% on mobile and i find it kinda sad that the badge don't show there.

Yeah, same here. I only ever browse on a PC at work, which is not very often.

Also, I want to say I really love how the badges were remade into one pattern now! The way it was before was triggering me a bit haha

Last edited:
Just saw the new badge designs, it's pretty cool!
Maybe I'll start RE Revelations 2 today. Also I'll do Paratropic tonight I guess.

Starting RE2 Remake. Claire on hardcore, it's been a little while since I've last done her campaign but hopefully it'll go okay. Weird how even though it's a horror game it's kinda comforting to me. I've got such a familiarity with the game now and like it so much that it's like returning to an old friend or something.
The original RE2 is also kinda like that for me.

I can experiment with them to see how it looks.

Where is the option to show my own badges? They don't show for me and I can't find the option.

Where is the option to show my own badges? They don't show for me and I can't find the option.
Go to your profile page and click the loudspeaker icon on the badges you want to feature.

unknown.png

I mean, could always limit the mobile number to the amount that doesn’t clutter the UI. 5-10 perhaps?
The featured badge count is always 4 no matter what platform. In any case, I re-enabled it and made them a little smaller. Hopefully that's a good compromise.

K sounds good. Hmmm not really that big a horror guy but I guess i do have RE Code Veronica thanks to GwG, it’s not too spooky is it?

okay this is my second badge hunt Bad Tenant (finish any RE game)
REmake

btw @Dopply i think my badge is bugged, it didn't show in my profiles and when i'm checking my post there's still no badges, thanks!

this is my first badge, i got the email but there's none on the site
Haunted Castle :
Complete any Castlevania title.

SnesCartman,

You have been awarded with a new badge: Haunted Castle

The following reason was provided:

For completing Rondo of Blood during the Halloween 2021 community game challenge event!

thanks a bunch @Dopply

after this i want to try finish REmake in hard difficulty, and i think i got Alien: Isolation, that should count right?

Last edited:
okay this is my second badge hunt, REmake (video still uploading)
btw @Dopply i think my badge is bugged, it didn't show in my profiles and when i'm checking my post there's still no badges, thanks!

Which badge did you originally have? My apologies. Also can you please clarify which challenge you went for in the above screenshot?

EDIT: All good, your badges should be correct now.

Last edited:
Wasn't feeling to do Resident Evil Village's hardest difficulty (since Hardcore isn't the hardest one in Village), so I did the hardest in REmake 2 !
Also way faster to do it in this one lol.

So here's the "complete any RE game in the hardest difficulty" challenge for me.

20211020-155145.jpg

I think we should add a Pokémon Unite badge, they are doing a Halloween event. Maybe give a badge to the players that get the Witch Hat, it’s the hardest item to get in the event, 50 pumpkins I think.

I think we should add a Pokémon Unite badge, they are doing a Halloween event. Maybe give a badge to the players that get the Witch Hat, it’s the hardest item to get in the event, 50 pumpkins I think.
Once an event starts, no further badges will be added. It's crucial that everyone has the same time to get the badges no matter what.

Once an event starts, no further badges will be added. It's crucial that everyone has the same time to get the badges no matter what.
Sorry, missed that info. Maybe next year!

The event did start today tho, so everybody would have the same time. But I understand that you aren’t adding new badges to the ongoing event!

Horror Icon Clarification
View attachment 73

I also cleared the game. Horror game 1 cleared + any castlevania title.
I should probably make this pretty clear here: Horror Icon is for completing a horror game outside of the Castlevania, Silent Hill, or Resident Evil series. It exists as an option for those who don't want to play those games, but play another horror or horror-adjacent game. It does not stack. Just a clarification.

I should probably make this pretty clear here: Horror Icon is for completing a horror game outside of the Castlevania, Silent Hill, or Resident Evil series. It exists as an option for those who don't want to play those games, but play another horror or horror-adjacent game. It does not stack. Just a clarification.
(y)

I asked a few posts above but I think it got lost on the previous page - would Metroid Dread qualify? It's very much got horror themes to it.

I want to participate so bad but I can't play horror games myself, I get too scared. I end up just watching Let's Plays on them basically so I can still experience them. Did the Animal Crossing stuff though!

I want to participate so bad but I can't play horror games myself, I get too scared. I end up just watching Let's Plays on them basically so I can still experience them. Did the Animal Crossing stuff though!
How about something like LIMBO or INSIDE? Those might be suitably non-scary, but still qualifying as horror?

How about something like LIMBO or INSIDE? Those might be suitably non-scary, but still qualifying as horror?
Hmm or I suppose I could play my first Castlevania... I loved Metroid Dread so I could use another Metroidvania to play in my free time!

(y)

I asked a few posts above but I think it got lost on the previous page - would Metroid Dread qualify? It's very much got horror themes to it.
No, I do not believe Metroid Dread would qualify. 😅 Sorry. Expect Metroid-themed badges at a later date.

Ok so instead of playing RE Revelations 2 I started a new island on ACNH ans trying to get the 3 Halloween items on time to get the badge lmao.

Didn't want to play ACNH again at first because I didn't want to start again from the beginning but I have to say it's kinda fun. There are about 10 days left before the end of the event so it will hard I guess but it's part of the fun here to me.

I did all I could for today. Paratropic tonight. Probably Resident Evil Revelations 2 tomorrow.

First badge for me. Completed RE2 on the hardest difficulty.

t3xJcmV.jpg

Actually really happy with this because I wasn't expecting to do it in under 2 and a half hours. Once I realised towards the end I was potentially gonna get an s rank I was trying to zoom through it and got there with just a couple minutes to spare haha.

Next thing I'm gonna aim for is Luigi's Mansion 1 on the Gamecube A rank but I'm a lot less confident of being able to do that since I've never got an A rank before and it's been years since I've played the game in general. Think I'm gonna try and complete a Castlevania title as well at some point and maybe play Condemned: Criminal Origins assuming that counts as a game in the horror genre.

All Jacked Up completed!
This is such a good idea! I needed motivation to get back in to ACNH before the update in November!
I got 3 spooky recipes: table, standing lamp and tower!
FCKZkW8VkAI9QLX

These new badges are so great! Way to foster a real community here everyone, I love it and can't wait to contribute.

I plan on tackling

1. Bad Tenant - RE4 VR comes out tomorrow, let's goooo!
2. All Jacked Up - just gotta post the evidence for that one :)
3. Luigi's Large House - returning to my LM3 save file for completion to re-beat it. If I had more time, I'd replay co-op entirely with my partner.

Question - is it possible to link the "evidence" post of our badge completion to the badge somehow? I love seeing X people completed this and would love to be able to click right into their accomplishments. I see some have reasons provided, tho the majority don't and that would get time consuming to explain each time

These new badges are so great! Way to foster a real community here everyone, I love it and can't wait to contribute.

I plan on tackling

1. Bad Tenant - RE4 VR comes out tomorrow, let's goooo!
2. All Jacked Up - just gotta post the evidence for that one :)
3. Luigi's Large House - returning to my LM3 save file for completion to re-beat it. If I had more time, I'd replay co-op entirely with my partner.

Question - is it possible to link the "evidence" post of our badge completion to the badge somehow? I love seeing X people completed this and would love to be able to click right into their accomplishments. I see some have reasons provided, tho the majority don't and that would get time consuming to explain each time
It would indeed be possible...it's just a lot to keep up with, is all. So for now, I have just awarded the badges without a description or link.

Does Vampyr count? 🤔
Sure!

7e5eb0abf383fee7f4542bbb6cf5edbf7bd5171d.jpg

And there we go! Three DIYs. It was interesting returning to my island after so long. I may do more Halloween there, but I'm really biding my time for the newest DLC. It'll be nice to dig something up other than more fossils to sell, that's for sure!

I may attempt another challenge, but I'm glad I got this one done!

Ooo, love the new badge look!

I think I'm going to go for at least the Luigi's Mansion one too before the month is over.

pSFmtvr.jpg

And behold! Recently did a hardcore run with Claire in 2, wanted to do Leon B, but then I remembered the Ada part… that’s a no for me dawg.

I recompleted RE 3 for the first time in over a year today and as a quick action romp it’s pretty cool. I’m rusty though, I’ve done an Inferno playthrough in 1:36 last year for the platinum.. the final bossfight though. In hardcore he’s pretty easy.

To clarify, hardcore in 3 is not the most difficult setting. That would be two above those, Inferno. I just want the bad Tennant badge :p

Ok. So...

Just beaten Paratopic. And, well. What a strange and scary game. Seriously what the fuck was going on???
I knew it would be cryptic, I was warned, but wow, I didn't expect it that way.

To be honest... I really like the experience. Because yes, it really is an experience. And even if I understood like, 10% of the game lmao, it was really good. It's the kind of horror I LOVE, and I'm glad I bought it. I wanted to read some "story explanations" but I'll go with another playthrough instead, maybe tomorrow, and I'll introduce the game to my friends and my girlfriend.

I can't describe it more than saying it's a "kinda 45 minutes long walking simulator horror game" and I recommend it to you if you like Lovecraft kind of horror (I only have read one short story from him but as far as I know his works seems in the same vein). It also reminds me a lot of Silent Hill kind of story/narrative. Can't wait to do another playthrough (hopefully with my girlfriend).

V3wRjvQ.jpg

And here are all the achievements I unlocked:

CU4CVQJ.jpg

Also, on another note, I've beaten first episode of Resident Evil Revelations 2. First time I tried it it was on PC and I thought the port was pretty awful. Usually I play shooters on PC but wtf they really messed up with RERev2 aiming. So the other solution, since I am avoiding playing shooters with a controller, is gyro aiming. I bought it on sale on Switch and tbh the port is far better than the PC one imo. I can finally enjoy the game, and even if its not a masterpiece, it's correct. I had some fun doing the first episode and I'll continue tomorrow.

ZuF2cMT.jpg

Now that all is said, I'm disappointed I don't have my PC right now. I would have done some Resident Evil 2 Remake on Hardcore difficulty for one more badge :p (I don't want to do any other RE on max difficulty at the moment tbh)

( @Dopply )

Wow Raytro, you're really getting in the ghoulish spirit. I think your spooky enthusiasm is rubbing off on me....

Wow Raytro, you're really getting in the ghoulish spirit. I think your spooky enthusiasm is rubbing off on me....
Ahahahah, to be honest if I was to my home and not my girlfriend one I would do even more I think :p

Also it seems you already gave me Bad Tenant badge while I only did 1 RERev2 episode out of 4! (But don't worry I'll do the 3 others really soon lmaooo).

Ahahahah, to be honest if I was to my home and not my girlfriend one I would do even more I think :p

Also it seems you already gave me Bad Tenant badge while I only did 1 RERev2 episode out of 4! (But don't worry I'll do the 3 others really soon lmaooo).
I didn't read well enough... enjoy early, I guess.
😅

@Dopply

Resident Evil REmake Hard Mode run completed! Saved all the magnum ammo for the last two fights and took that Tyrant downnnnnnn.

DPeQqkN.jpg

Here's some of the spooky Halloween event stuff I've gathered this year.

bhNZJFr.jpg

Going to go for the Luigi's Mansion A-Rank challenge next. I've never gotten a high rank in the game before so it should be exciting. Anyone got tips for getting A-Rank?

Assuming that Splatterhouse counts for the Horror Icon badge @Dopply, just finished up a run of that.

Ctcw5IU.jpg

Now I think I'm going to start up Luigi's Mansion and see if I can add that to my collection too!

Gonna have to turn in my gamer card because I just now beat Castlevania for NES for the first time ever. It was pretty tough! Death really is the worst.

Gonna have to turn in my gamer card because I just now beat Castlevania for NES for the first time ever. It was pretty tough! Death really is the worst.
Great job! The first Castlevania for NES was one of my biggest surprise this year, I really loved it!

EDIT: First Halloween DIY acquired! 2 more left 😛

S3xqH9u.jpg

Last edited:
Just beat the first Castlevania! I don't know how strict you are going to be on the proof part, I just took a screenshot on my Switch, which is something I could also have googled in like three seconds.

I could probably do the dark moon one but my 3ds is in the loft and if I remember the end bit sucks because they throw in a time limit all of a sudden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom