• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Site Event Community Game Challenge - Halloween 2021 | October 15th-November 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
GRHNIo5.jpg

The Jack outfit is from last year but I got some of the new goodies on display.

20211026_171448.jpg

finished circle of the moon just now

jesus christ that final dracula fight was terrible the fuck were they thinking

It was way harder than I expected and I had to use save states liberally (which I do not apologize for) but I finally beat Castlevania 1 for the NES!

Finished Aria of Sorrow! For some reason I couldn’t get the screenshot to upload directly from my Switch. Anyway I really enjoyed this game! It was my first 2D Castlevania, but I’ll definitely be playing more of them in the future.

I'm going to try to play Luigi's Mansion and A Plauge Tale (PS5) by Sunday to get two more badges. Also working Animal Crossing. Hoping to have 5 total for this one.

Woo, got my Castlevania badge! It feels great to have participated in this event, and it’s super cool that it got me to play a game I wouldn’t normally think to try. This is a great thread!

I've been wondering we're almost 2 weeks in this challenge, why no one attempt the Silent Hill one? is it because of the game became rare these days or people just have no interest or forgot abous this game :D

6HN5DRf.jpg

Aria of Sorrow done. To be fair it's the "bad" ending because i don't have the time to go for the others until the weekend. ^^

It counts, right? ^^

E: And before someone says anything, i've made a photo because the freaking screenshot did not want to transfer to my smartphone. Bad screenshot.

E2: @Red Monster Which ending did you clear? I'm just asking because you said it's your first Metroidvania and i'm unsure if you know that there's multiple endings? ^^

Last edited:
Finally started Luigi's Manion 1! I've played the 3DS version before, but this time I'm playing through the original Gamecube version. Unfortunately I've got an upcoming trip that'll prevent me from playing for a day or two, but I should still be be able to beat it in time!

Done with about 70% of the map in Circle of the Moon. I shall get a badge for this event, so help me Samus!

Good luck ... the final boss of that game is serious bullshit.

I actually think rushing through Aria would be the easiest way if you intend to use one of the Advance Collection games. ;D

Somehow I'm only at 99,8% map completion in SotN after having unlocked the inverted castle and it drives me nuts. I haven't missed any secret rooms and there are no obvious greyed out parts of rooms that I haven't covered. What gives?

6HN5DRf.jpg

Aria of Sorrow done. To be fair it's the "bad" ending because i don't have the time to go for the others until the weekend. ^^

It counts, right? ^^

E: And before someone says anything, i've made a photo because the freaking screenshot did not want to transfer to my smartphone. Bad screenshot.

E2: @Red Monster Which ending did you clear? I'm just asking because you said it's your first Metroidvania and i'm unsure if you know that there's multiple endings? ^^
I got the true ending. Someone clued me in to the books being important, and I managed to get the three souls fairly easily.

Also, my screenshot wouldn’t transfer to my phone either 😡

CEE3-FF18-5-A80-4-C19-9680-3-AA6358-DCFAD.jpg

Not sure if I need more, but just took a screenshot of my DIY recipes. Have the three nee ones added for this year. Guess I’ll try to beat some games before Monday to get another badge or two.

Just remembered this thread after I was killed by that hopping Dracula form lol. Really had a blast with Bloodlines.

Just remembered this thread after I was killed by that hopping Dracula form lol. Really had a blast with Bloodlines.

I just played it, too, but I used Eric and his trusty spear.

That alone made the Castlevania Collection worth it for me, as it was the only I didn't have on its original console.

However, I forgot that Castlevania also counts for this. I have a screenshot of the last screen, like yours, but that's all.

Instead I was going to participate with Resident Evil Remake, which I'm playing for the first time since its original Gamecube release.

It's still scary! and not easy at all. Stupid zombies killed poor Jill in two bites.

Anyway, I am running back and forth like an idiot because I forgot all the routes. It feels like playing it for the first time.

One thing is different, however: the load times on Switch. They. Are. Terrible.

After entering a new room, you look at a black screen for about 4 seconds before it actually appears. This is AFTER the door animation.

Not cool, Switch, not cool.

I just played it, too, but I used Eric and his trusty spear.

That alone made the Castlevania Collection worth it for me, as it was the only I didn't have on its original console.

However, I forgot that Castlevania also counts for this. I have a screenshot of the last screen, like yours, but that's all.

Instead I was going to participate with Resident Evil Remake, which I'm playing for the first time since its original Gamecube release.

It's still scary! and not easy at all. Stupid zombies killed poor Jill in two bites.

Anyway, I am running back and forth like an idiot because I forgot all the routes. It feels like playing it for the first time.

One thing is different, however: the load times on Switch. They. Are. Terrible.

After entering a new room, you look at a black screen for about 4 seconds before it actually appears. This is AFTER the door animation.

Not cool, Switch, not cool.
Does the collection have that rewind feature similar to the nso one? That’s the same way I capture my pic lol

Had been playing through Luigi's Mansion 3 recently, this gave me a bit more motivation to finish the game.

20211028_102642.jpg

Also, I’m absolutely loving my time with RE4 VR but don’t think I’m gonna find the time to complete it by Nov with work and Halloween festivities. Regardless, it has been a wonderful way to do my first ever full playthrough of a game that was huge in my childhood. The series is my brothers favorite, and after watching him play RE4 a bunch I eventually would play through RE5 many times with him.

Guys I'm feeling empty not doing challenges atm, it was so cool 😭 I still hope to do one more but I don't think I can for some reasons.

Finished Luigi's Mansion last night with enough money phew -Also I started and finished chapter 1 of Corpse Party, I forgot how much I loved this game-
J2rLYdw.jpg

FHJ7QsA.jpg

Hey, @Dopply ! I did a thing. One Circle of the Moon ending scene in the hopes of getting a Haunted Castle badge. 😎

First Castlevania I ever play more than an hour or to, let alone finish. It’s a mixed bag for me. Lots of fun designs and good atmosphere, although the occasional dialogue does not support it. However, the difficulty curve is steep as all hell and it is not really rewarding to have gone through >90% of the castle and still feeling like you have to grind for hours or find items you would never find without a strategy guide to match up. It’s good to have in the experience bank, but I doubt I’ll return to it later.

Onwards to Project Zero/Fatal Frame! Let’s see if I can get the any horror game badge before the weekend is up! 😃

83-A3-F87-B-51-DD-4720-8-A26-4-DDBEDC9-E8-D4.jpg

I didn’t see a final screen for Super Castlevania IV, so took this part of the credits. I have definitely lost my touch for this type of game so it was a big slog. But done.

QswuMCu.jpg

Picked up my Halloween items this week.

Think I'm gonna stop at 3 badges. I'd have to rush to get through a game or two and I'd rather not. 3 is good enough for this event :)

This is probably my last attempt for a badge. Oh, the Horror is a Trophy for finishing the game in Hard.
Professional Resident:
Complete any Resident Evil game on the hardest difficulty available.
Game : Resident Evil Remake on Hard

FC4NHmaVIAk29tM

I don't think I can finish Castlevania : SotN in 3 days to get the Crissaegrim, but let's see.

Last edited:
Just beat Symphony of the Night for the first time! (good ending, I wasn't motivated to complete it more so I am just gonna look the best ending up lol) It was a great time though.

I also beat a few Higurashi VNs this week and am attaching a picture of the credits of Higurashi-- Miostuskushi Omote... I happened to take that picture because I saw MAGES and was curious what work they did for the game (it appears they helped with the sound design.)

So a Castlevania and a horror game! I understand if VNs may not count for this though. That's fine if so.

S4Q4BNb.jpg
fEh9iex.jpg

Vowxe1p.jpg

I’m-a gonna ween

proof that it’s me is the tape on the bottom of the TV and my svelte legs-out silhouette barely reflected in the screen

Just finished Resident Evil Revelations! Normal difficulty so it would be a Bad Tenant badge

Results screen
FC6bi3VVgAAu6Oz

Auto-save with today's date and with the game cleared indicator
FC6bi3SVkAAxQD1

Btw I thought my previous post here (#212) would qualify for a Horror Icon badge

This Revelations was practically non-horror specially after I've played a little bit of 7 😅 but it was fun and had a few twists. Also I think either there was a plot hole or I got confused with the timeline so I'll have to look up about some stuff. Anyway, I already played Revelations 2 a while ago, so now I'm looking forward to to third one, pretty solid sub-series so far imo. Now back to 7 😖

Last edited:
Picked up Dusk so I decided to push for one last badge. Neat little game that is surprisingly spooky and atmospheric, mainly due to the awesome sound design. Plays like a dream and the level design is largely on point. The 3rd eps was definitely the weakest due to a handful of bland and frustrating levels, but overall it's a great package. Can see myself returning to play the first 2 eps often.

IMG-2041.jpg

With that, I'd like to wish every a Happy Halloween and give a shout out to the Fami family for putting together this event!

Last edited:
Sorry about this post, having some trouble posting my screen captures for the event.

How is everyone posting their images? What I tried to do is send them from my Switch to my phone, but when I try to post them here the screenshot icon just gives me a URL bar and no other way to post my images.

Last edited:
Happy Halloween, friends! 👻

Ah, I didn’t have time to finish Project Zero for the event. I’m only on episode 4. Oh well, it was great fun regardless! I am happy with my Castlevania badge - and excited to see the next event 😉

Sorry about this post, having some trouble posting my screen captures for the event.

How is everyone posting their images? What I tried to do is send them from my Switch to my phone, but when I try to post them here the screenshot icon just gives me a URL bar and no other way to post my images.

I upload pictures to Imgur and then copy the image location (not the image site itself) and put it in as a photo here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom