• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Site Event Community Game Challenge - Halloween 2021 | October 15th-November 1st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Halloween ! πŸŽƒπŸ‘»
Last day for me to finally finish Corpse Party, perfect day for it after all

I'm in the middle of Chapter 4, so near the end (5 chapters in total for the main story)
Hoping I can finish in time

In the end, Code Veronica was too much for me to handle. It's way longer than I ever expected a RE game to be. I got to what I thought was Claire's ending and said, wait, Part 2?? I don't have time to finish the rest.

It took awhile, but it looks like I'm finally able to post my images. Thank you to @Chaotic Neutral for the advice.

I had the three Spooky items for Animal Crossing a week ago, but I held off posting it until I completed Circle of the Moon. I've played CotM once back on the GBA when my cousin had a copy, but never made it far. Overall it was pretty fun despite how stiff it felt controlling Nathan (especially during boss fights).

Last edited:
bzv0MXC.jpg

just in the nick of time with these three

Animal Weening

vC7cfMU.jpg

and here it is for the Any Spooky Game badge – just finished Kentucky Route Zero! Definitely more spooky and existential than β€œhorror” but I definitely had a few intensely spooky moments throughout (also I got it pre-approved earlier in this thread so it still counts!)

Kentucky Ween Zero

and with that, I’m tapping out. The only other one I could feasibly do is Luigi’s Mansion 3, but I’m 10 hours in (of ~16?), just started it again today, and am apparently $50k away from A-rank even if I finished it today.

Shocked I managed so many of these, and proud of my accomplishments! These were fun to do, and it’s less intimidating to do challenges here than it felt at the old place. Thank you everyone who organized this!

M5Y3UxB.jpg

Managed to get 3 Halloween themed items in Animal Crossing! Sorry for the poor image quality-took this photo with my phone.

Finished just in time for Halloween <3 Honestly, I now remember why this game is one of my favorites so far, and how much I love this license even if the next games aren't as good as the first one.
I now want to play Book Of Shadows, which I never finished cause too much dialogue for me and my english wasn't that great at the time ;)

If you like RPG Horror games with a simple yet good story, with likeable characters, and lots of bonuses like extra chapters and bad ends to get, I recommend it !
DqXqcn4.jpg

I've just realized that If I'd gone and got my 3DS I could have done Portrait of ruin as well as Dark moon that I wasn't keen on re doing. Bugger

Surprise surprise, VR and a hangover don't mix well. RIP to my chances of finishing RE4 VR in time.

Finished my replay of Silent Hill the other day.

IMG_2807.jpg

And I just finished RE Village for the first time!

IMG_2808.jpg

Last edited:
Finished just in time for Halloween <3 Honestly, I now remember why this game is one of my favorites so far, and how much I love this license even if the next games aren't as good as the first one.
I now want to play Book Of Shadows, which I never finished cause too much dialogue for me and my english wasn't that great at the time ;)

If you like RPG Horror games with a simple yet good story, with likeable characters, and lots of bonuses like extra chapters and bad ends to get, I recommend it !
DqXqcn4.jpg
I'm sorry, what game is this? Is this for the Horror Icon badge?

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. :)

Last edited:
@Dopply Animal Crossing event completed! A shame that there's really nothing new from last year since I collected every recipe already, but what did I really expect. the town is currently a mess in prep for the update this week but I found a decent enough spot for a picture!

image0.jpg

Here's my entry for All Jacked Up:

Also got flooring and garland, and bought a scarecrow, but the carriage, plate set, and wand were gifts for candy/lollipops.

Edit: Yay! Got my badge! Thanks! :D

Yay! was able to finish Resident Evil Remake, even though this is like the 6th time I finish it somehow I always take a lot of time to finish this one lol, was not able to finish Silent Hill 2 though.

CamScanner_10-31-2021_18.07.jpg

Waited for the night to get the pictures, but here's my submittal for All Jacked Up

IMG_7172.jpg

IMG_7173.jpg

u9Z0dOD.jpg

Not sure if it's too late to submit (I'm on central time, but no worries if not), but I played through Happy Game today, which should count for the horror icon challenge I think? Happy Halloween all!

I am in CST but for these events, I'll rely on PST for timing. So, about two hours or so left to submit your challenges, everyone!

Last edited:
I wanted to finish a Luigi's Mansion on A Rank, but I've got a pounding headache, so looks like that isn't happening before midnight. Oh well, at least I completed two other challenges.

I was able to make it, just in the knick of time. Resident Evil 2 remake Claire scenario completed on Hardcore, and Animal Crossing Halloween event done as well!

With that, this concludes Famiboards' first ever game event! It was a pleasure bringing this concept to this community, and you all definitely took to it and made it as fun as possible. Remember that if you didn't get a chance to get any of these badges this year, they may yet return in the future. Please look forward to future events coming VERY soon! Thanks to all for participating!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom