• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Bayonetta 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus Christ I used to fanfic a Jeanne 2D platformer spin off back in the Wii U/3DS days and now there's minigames/sections of exactly that in Bayo 3 🤯

Also, the game looks great and the whole multiverse thing will probably make it very lengthy and the story very interesting.

Game looks just utterly bonkers.

They really just threw everything but the kitchen sink into this game. I can understand why development took this long especially with all the different weapons and accompanying unique demon summons the game apparently has.

Few more Demon Masquerades and Weapons revealed on the Japanese website:

wnifs2y95lt91.png

pwrv77kd5lt91.png

tpwohcxa5lt91.png

ljs2t7ue5lt91.png

SHE TURNS INTO A MUTHAFUCKIN TRAIN I CAN'T

wtajtbsb5lt91.png

xpwb9b2g5lt91.png

Again, I can't help but find it funny how every so often, Bayonetta gives us an occasional view into what might have been, had Kamiya and his crew NOT been ousted from DMC. What kinds of Demon Masquerades we're getting looks exactly like the kind of thing I would've certainly expected from DMC ages ago. Or at least by the time the technology was there to truly represent Kamiya's crazy-ass vision. LOL

it's probably like those combat arenas in 2 where you can play as other characters
this screen came up at the entrance to an alfheim/muspelheim so - you’re probably right - maybe you can tag between characters for the ‘heim challenges? this has probably already been explained by the latest official trailer that i haven’t had a chance to watch yet, right?

Seeing a lot of bayo3 has awful performance takes on my twitter timeline.

Is it just twitter being twitter or is this what the previews are saying? Not able to watch any right now
Most previews I've seen have said performance is pretty solid, so I'm guessing just twitter

I mean, I don't really care either way since it's going to feel solid for me at the very least with my terrible framerate perception

The frame drops at least can't be as bad as Bayonetta 1 on PS3

I was literally getting hit without even seeing it because frame drops were occurring for the duration of whole enemy attacks

some people have already convinced themselves that the game has bad performance and that's the angle they're going with to troll. even if the DF video comes out saying it's solid 60 fps in gameplay/30 in cutscenes that won't change.

Is it just twitter being twitter or is this what the previews are saying? Not able to watch any right now
It's "Twitter", but it's not helped by GameInformer's footage being choppy as all get out.

They still haven't fixed it yet, have they?

Few more Demon Masquerades and Weapons revealed on the Japanese website:

wnifs2y95lt91.png

pwrv77kd5lt91.png

tpwohcxa5lt91.png

ljs2t7ue5lt91.png

SHE TURNS INTO A MUTHAFUCKIN TRAIN I CAN'T

wtajtbsb5lt91.png

xpwb9b2g5lt91.png

Again, I can't help but find it funny how every so often, Bayonetta gives us an occasional view into what might have been, had Kamiya and his crew NOT been ousted from DMC. What kinds of Demon Masquerades we're getting looks exactly like the kind of thing I would've certainly expected from DMC ages ago. Or at least by the time the technology was there to truly represent Kamiya's crazy-ass vision. LOL
Bayo sees DMCV's motorcycle and rises
a fucking train!!!

Now that Platinum is reintroducing Scalebound concepts here, it would be cool if they go back to the original premise of a little girl controlling a dragon. It would be cool if they go into a Zelda/Okami direction with it (and it would make sense if it was Switch exclusive since the idea was to make it on Wii first).

The hard part about performance impressions on the internet is that the phrase “awful performance” can mean anything from dips into 55 fps, 60 fps gameplay and 30 fps cutscenes, sub-30 fps, stable 30 fps, unstable 30 fps…you can’t get anything out of it lol.

I still haven't seen anything past the second trailer they released a few months ago. Happy to hear that the recent previews are so glowing though. Just a couple more weeks!

When Bayonetta 2 was first announced, I was worried if it could live up to the sky high bar set by the original. But in the run up to release, my hopes rose higher and higher, and the final game blew me away all over again.

With Bayonetta 3's nearly four year absence from 2017 to 2021 I started to get concerned again, but once again the more I see of it, the more confident I am that this will be yet another diamond-tier experience.
Everything about it just looks so gloriously, deliciously bonkers in the best possible way. No other developer does it quite like Platinum, and the Bayonetta games distill their unique style down to pure dopamine.
The shadow remains cast.
The Witch is back.

Holy shit, I have just seen the new trailer, and it raised my expectations for this game yet again. This is going to be special, potentially their best work yet.

Two more weeks!

When Bayonetta 2 was first announced, I was worried if it could live up to the sky high bar set by the original. But in the run up to release, my hopes rose higher and higher, and the final game blew me away all over again.

With Bayonetta 3's nearly four year absence from 2017 to 2021 I started to get concerned again, but once again the more I see of it, the more confident I am that this will be yet another diamond-tier experience.
Everything about it just looks so gloriously, deliciously bonkers in the best possible way. No other developer does it quite like Platinum, and the Bayonetta games distill their unique style down to pure dopamine.
The shadow remains cast.
The Witch is back.
Exactly my thoughts!! And I was initially fine with the thought of 3 not surpassing 2, because that one is just flawless. But, everything I’ve seen thus far is making me believe that 3’s going to blow the prior out of the water

I'm predicting this and Mario + Rabbids as strong 89 curse contenders

Maybe even Scarlet/Violet though I'm expecting those to land a bit below that mark
Don't really care if they hit 90+ on metacritic or not

but if the switch get two 89 score games one week away from each other that should be a big deal

As a fan of the character action genre, my biggest criticisms of DMC5 (a game I love) were the lack of imagination with the weapons (nothing comes close to Nevan in 3 or Lucifer in 4) and the extremely weak level design in all aspects (forgettable aesthetic and levels being little more than straight corridors connecting arenas). By the info in the new trailer and the previews it looks like Bayo3 is pushing hard on both fronts with its' new cuhrazy weapons (
chainsaw-train, a microphone, the spider disks with silk...
) and the open levels which can be traversed in different ways with Demon Masquerade :) Beautiful!

Regarding weapons, I see DMC's like Street Fighter characters, where all of them share the same core, while Bayo 3's are looking more like a BlazBlue character where each one is their own unique thing, specially with all the extra fluff weapons have now that they're tied to demons.

Just 2 weeks more!!! We're almost there!

I think we’re looking at a 90+ game here folks. Gonna break the 89 curse!
The 89 curse is unbreakable, flee now before it consumes us all.
Get back when tears of a kingdom also gets an 89 and the curse shall rule the world.
Fly you fools.

As a fan of the character action genre, my biggest criticisms of DMC5 (a game I love) were the lack of imagination with the weapons (nothing comes close to Nevan in 3 or Lucifer in 4) and the extremely weak level design in all aspects (forgettable aesthetic and levels being little more than straight corridors connecting arenas). By the info in the new trailer and the previews it looks like Bayo3 is pushing hard on both fronts with its' new cuhrazy weapons (
chainsaw-train, a microphone, the spider disks with silk...
) and the open levels which can be traversed in different ways with Demon Masquerade :) Beautiful!

Regarding weapons, I see DMC's like Street Fighter characters, where all of them share the same core, while Bayo 3's are looking more like a BlazBlue character where each one is their own unique thing, specially with all the extra fluff weapons have now that they're tied to demons.

Just 2 weeks more!!! We're almost there!

Let's be fair: a "Chainsaw Motorcycle" in the form of Cavalier was pretty inspired, for its time. Especially since poor Itsuno wanted a motorcycle weapon since DMC3, but was left with one of the most awesome cutscenes in an action game as a "consolation prize". :LOL:

But otherwise, I'd agree. And I would certainly have plenty to let the chopper sing about DMC5, for perhaps another topic. Because as much as I love the game...maybe it's time to let Itsuno go and further pursue his D&D fantasies in Dragon's Dogma 2 (and then in Power Stone and Rival Schools), and let someone else take over who has some more bold ideas of where to take the series next. The kind of change-ups the Queen is bringing to the table is exactly the kind of thing I want to see more of!

Let's be fair: a "Chainsaw Motorcycle" in the form of Cavalier was pretty inspired, for its time. Especially since poor Itsuno wanted a motorcycle weapon since DMC3, but was left with one of the most awesome cutscenes in an action game as a "consolation prize". :LOL:
Yup, you're right, but I feel like Cavalier sounded more original than it really was. I mean, when using it it just gave you super armor, a couple of dash moves and not much more. Compare it to Lucifer where apart of damaging the enemies directly with the blades, it was more about positioning them and making them explode later or using the preset formations, or Nevan where you could mix melee and AoE long range attacks. I want crazy weapons that do something more than just hit the enemies directly with them and maybe apply a status effect (unless that status effect is something awesome like altering their weight or something). Even though they've been done many times already, the gloves in DMC 5 had a lot going on for them with the dual mode and how one focused on evades and the other on heating them up with quick breakdancing moves, they really made you use them in more creative ways. Or the hat, that one was the best implementation of "high risk-high reward" ever!

I hope we get one or two "standard" weapons and the rest are Nevan-tier of craziness 😝

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom