• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    šŸš§ We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. šŸš§

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Undead Murder Farce 4
Yeah 2-4 were totally an opening movie/event release that got shot down so the resulting slower pacing got them to push forward the flashback episode. Which totally works mind you but this definitely would've been a fun event as an season opening 'movie' so it felt drawn out as 3 episodes. Still really enjoyed it tho, that was a fun resolution tho the moment I realized the bottle was empty, ohhhh frozen holy water eh? our main trio has great chemistry and now we're teasing Arsene Lupin showing up, they're definitely having fun with this, wonder if any other literary characters from the era will show up XD

Despite it being the anime I'm looking forward to the most, I somehow missed that a new trailer for the Spice & Wolf remake was shown a month ago šŸ™ƒ

It being a remake makes me hopeful they'll fully adapt it this time (or at least cover a lot more than the first anime).

Despite it being the anime I'm looking forward to the most, I somehow missed that a new trailer for the Spice & Wolf remake was shown a month ago šŸ™ƒ

It being a remake makes me hopeful they'll fully adapt it this time (or at least cover a lot more than the first anime).

I thought that's the reason they're doing a remake over a continuation? Because the stuff they skipped turned out to be important for the story moving forward?

I'm was a bit miffed it's a rebootmake and not a continuation because I loved the original but if it means a full story adaptation, I'm good. Also Holo in 2023 animation glory!

My problem is now Iā€™m conflicted cause I started the old one but now I donā€™t know if I should finish. Original Op song was goat tho

I thought that's the reason they're doing a remake over a continuation? Because the stuff they skipped turned out to be important for the story moving forward?

I'm was a bit miffed it's a rebootmake and not a continuation because I loved the original but if it means a full story adaptation, I'm good. Also Holo in 2023 animation glory!
IIRC the original announcement didn't specify which it would be, but a remake is what I was expecting. I wish we could get to the unadapted content sooner, but a remake is probably better for drawing in new fans. I'm just happy Spice & Wolf is back, the original anime is very nostalgic for me.
My problem is now Iā€™m conflicted cause I started the old one but now I donā€™t know if I should finish. Original Op song was goat tho
Finish it! While it could seem a bit redundant when the new one will start from the beginning, I think the old anime still has a feel of its own that won't be replicated by the remake.

Also...we know the old anime is good while it's still up in the air how the remake will turn out.

IIRC the original announcement didn't specify which it would be, but a remake is what I was expecting. I wish we could get to the unadapted content sooner, but a remake is probably better for drawing in new fans. I'm just happy Spice & Wolf is back, the original anime is very nostalgic for me.

Finish it! While it could seem a bit redundant when the new one will start from the beginning, I think the old anime still has a feel of its own that won't be replicated by the remake.

Also...we know the old anime is good while it's still up in the air how the remake will turn out.
Could be worse, we know what it is now while the new Kinnikuman anime is a mystery. Iā€™m hoping the do a mix of brotherhood and UY All stars to it. Take a hammer to the questionable elements, polish and streamline the original run as the first season or so(complete with the continuations retcon of Suguru be less of an ass), make the Brocken line Generic evil mercenaries(they were already genericized in the continuation), disappear a bunch of background and minor gags and characters. Just start it in Hawaii.

Got to admit: I find it kind of funny this show is getting a full-on reboot rather than another season after how much people were absolutely clamouring for it in the early 10's.

Ultimate Muscle 2-4
Boy, Suguru did not age well at all XD worse than his own father even, hahaha. Kid is definitely even more of a goof than his popsā€¦ tho I guess thatā€™s cause he was so disillusioned

Helck 3
Now this is a solid use of comic contrast. All this world setup would be dark as heck without it. I mean it still is, but this is very much a Xabungle situation where the overall feel is lighter than the situation going on for its advantage. Also Azurda, the tragic clutz XD

Heretical Villainess 4
Her fears keep amping things up higher than they need to be. Tho considering she was the final boss, there are still threats left in this world. Plus she doesn't have premonition so when things veer from the plot in the future things should get interesting

One room, 2 idiots 4
Oh no, the ghost has the hots for Max, hope we get the story on that. The horrors of misguided people streaming
Edit: May as well tack these on as well
Bleach ( live action movie)
Surprisingly solid action movie and adaption of the first arc. Actors were all on point and the choice to limit the wilder hairstyles to the soul society members definitely worked from an aesthetic feel. May just be biased since the main trio is from Kamen Rider Fourze which Iā€™m currently working through. Fun overall for sure

Excel Saga 1
Pedro nooooo! You thought it was me Isekai truck, but no you got cosmic rewind instead! Good Angel got arrested for shooting the bad Angel , that got me hard XD. Excel bringing chaos and suffering wherever she goes without intending to! Good thing the universe will fix thingsā€¦ wait itā€™s on break?!

Yohane 6
Finally the intro gets subbed but the insert songs still arenā€™t DX. Nice episode about belonging and the plot continues to build. Up next is girls night, heh

Last edited:
Takashi Mochizuki seems to be a Bocchi the Rock fan so from here on out, I will unconditionally trust anything and everything that he says

I'm curious to hear people's take on Helk's opening. Is it unintentionally generic or intentionally retro?

I've been seeing a couple of bloggers declaring it generic and tropey. However, my initial reaction was that it's a well crafted call back to 2000s fantasy anime with a lot of the tropes it uses having since basicly died out.

I figured this fits well with the classic fantasy vibe the series goes for, but I might being biased by my love of the manga.

I'm curious to hear people's take on Helk's opening. Is it unintentionally generic or intentionally retro?

I've been seeing a couple of bloggers declaring it generic and tropey. However, my initial reaction was that it's a well crafted call back to 2000s fantasy anime with a lot of the tropes it uses having since basicly died out.

I figured this fits well with the classic fantasy vibe the series goes for, but I might being biased by my love of the manga.
Personally leaning towards "intentionally retro", I don't know much about the show (still on my list) but judging from the trailers and what little I do know about it, seems like something they'd do.

We finally(!) get to hear more about the new Madoka movie next month at the Aniplex Online Festival! Super excited! (The show in general shows off trailers for new and upcoming Aniplex stuff plus has some anime song groups / singers perform. The DJ is always fun too!)

The anime is looking a bit rough but, I'm hoping it keeps all the queer stuff in tact. I think it will only cover the first two volumes but, there's a lot of good material in there, ignoring a part from the end of the first volume.

The anime is looking a bit rough but, I'm hoping it keeps all the queer stuff in tact. I think it will only cover the first two volumes but, there's a lot of good material in there, ignoring a part from the end of the first volume.

It's time finally. And yeah covering the first 2 volumes seems reasonable (guessing they will skip some of the short stories so it doesn't feel rushed) and oh boy I can already see things are going to get crazy when the charactes have THAT discussion (or if it's changed)

For the second part I'm assuming you refer to Lene and Lambert relation, which I found interesting, because in the end, the message is to accept other type of relationships, be it hetero or queer, and well incest is also a part of those different situations, even if some of the characters ( or the readers) aren't ok with that, but understand where it's coming from after previous events in the story

Got in my fun little RSA clearance sale batch(the dvds these were $3 each)

IMG_7102.jpg

This was very much a case of I wanted Aquarion evolve(which was going to be the same price on Amazon if not more), wasn't getting free shipping from either place so I figured for 6 extra bucks these would be fun grabs XD. Tho I have the first season of Chihayafuru on BR so it's a bit mismatched on my shelf(reverse for Aquarion).

Working on staying on top of my current shows. Donā€™t think Iā€™m more than a week behind on anythingā€¦ except and pastor and Saint, but I think Iā€™ll swap to the dub

Iā€™m still looking forward to it. Tho MaoMao is the next big one for me

Netflix just shared a first look of their Scott Pilgrim anime. Still crazy that they actually got the movie cast back :D

Here's hoping they'll adapt more from the source than the movie...

Excel Saga 1
Pedro nooooo! You thought it was me Isekai truck, but no you got cosmic rewind instead! Good Angel got arrested for shooting the bad Angel , that got me hard XD. Excel bringing chaos and suffering wherever she goes without intending to! Good thing the universe will fix thingsā€¦ wait itā€™s on break?!
Did this get a remake or are you watching the old one? I really liked that series

Did this get a remake or are you watching the old one? I really liked that series
Old one. May shock people but I only got into anime back in 2017. Lots I missed and am still trying. Planning to try Fate soon

Undead murder farce 7
Woah this is amping up with even more classic monsters and figures in play! This show knows how to keep building up quite nicely
Emilia is the best 7
A dungeon competition and emphatic for another overworked adventurer. Custody attained XD

The new Pokemon anime being so good has gotten me into other anime, and tonight I watched the first episode of both Spice & Wolf and The Helpful Fox Senko-San, and found both to be enjoyable.

I'm a little late to the party but I finally got around watching season 2 of One Punch Man.

Based on the discourse around it on the internet, I expected an absolute trainwreck. But honestly I thought it was fine? It wasn't as fantastic as the first season but that was admittedly an incredibly high bar (just like Genos aspiring to match Saitama :LOL: ) to clear and it was still a good watch. Yes, production values aren't as high as season 1, yes the main viallain is kinda boring and they managed to make a damn TOURNAMENT ARC the most boring thing of the entire season. But it was fun to see all the other heroes get their chane to shine (or get their teeth kicked in I guess), they did some solid world building here and I really hope we get more of it sooner rather than later. 7/10.

I'm a little late to the party but I finally got around watching season 2 of One Punch Man.

Based on the discourse around it on the internet, I expected an absolute trainwreck. But honestly I thought it was fine? It wasn't as fantastic as the first season but that was admittedly an incredibly high bar (just like Genos aspiring to match Saitama :LOL: ) to clear and it was still a good watch. Yes, production values aren't as high as season 1, yes the main viallain is kinda boring and they managed to make a damn TOURNAMENT ARC the most boring thing of the entire season. But it was fun to see all the other heroes get their chane to shine (or get their teeth kicked in I guess), they did some solid world building here and I really hope we get more of it sooner rather than later. 7/10.
I think for me, separate from the production issues of season 2, I just felt myself tapping out on S1 of OPM. It was a fun concept but basically a single gag taken to its logical extreme, there wasn't really any more interest in watching (and fans seem to really dislike where the manga has ended up so that was also a disincentive). It does seem like S2 sucked all the air out of the room for the series though, S1 was so popular people like Bill Burr were talking it up.

I can't believe I never noticed there was a main anime thread on famiboards.

Looking forward to gush about Scott Pilgrim and Dungeon Meshi when those two come out.

I can't believe I never noticed there was a main anime thread on famiboards.

Looking forward to gush about Scott Pilgrim and Dungeon Meshi when those two come out.
But will you be watching apothecary diaries? Also confirmed to be a 3 episode premiere

But will you be watching apothecary diaries? Also confirmed to be a 3 episode premiere

I remember reading some chapters of the manga a few years ago, it was highly rated if I remember correctly.

I'll give the anime a go, hoping I'll get hooked this time!

This is Emily's world you're just living in it 8
Battle against a cheating Bicorn and a new party member acquired, they're totally turn those drops into earrings

Undead Murder Farce 8
Boy that was a satisfying resolutionā€¦ poor Fatima tho(it is a world of monsters and she's out for some cause so I won't rule out a revival tho). Tsugaru still has the stronger damage tho. That last minute slip was perfect. Tho those implications with Rindo and her maid(tho she may be older tooā€¦ and would an immortal keep humans around?). Delivers every week, can't wait to see what's next
I remember reading some chapters of the manga a few years ago, it was highly rated if I remember correctly.

I'll give the anime a go, hoping I'll get hooked this time!
It builds great. I do admittedly hope for a dub tho

Crikey - Iā€™ve not posted for a couple of months! And I forgot to respond to a few people!

Apologies all - this ā€˜fatherhood stuffā€™ is tough isnā€™t it?

Hope everyone is keeping well, Iā€™ve not found much time to watch anything unfortunately. Iā€™ve not forgotten about my 86 write-up - though Iā€™ll probably rewatch it now.

Iā€™ve got a lot of shows to catch up on. Though the fact that Crunchyroll have re-uploaded Kaguya season three with Aaron Dismuke means Iā€™ve got to watch that.

Anyone else watching Reign of the Seven Spellblades? It's probably my surprise hit for summer. You know that famous book about a wizarding high school? Spellblades read that and decided "I can probably do better." And yes, that includes being queer-friendly.

I didnā€™t have much time and energy for games the last few days so I caught up on Sunshine in the Mirror. I really like all of the characters, especially Lailaps, so that definitely carries the show for me. I think the the beginning was definitely the most fun part of the show when it was regularly presenting new ideas and it certainly has its bright spots throughout still like when the full group hangs out together, but I think itā€™s going to have stick the ending well for me to walk away more cleanly satisfied.

canā€™t believe I waited a literal decade for this movie

definitely gonna need to rewatch the show and Rebellion before seeing this

canā€™t believe I waited a literal decade for this movie

definitely gonna need to rewatch the show and Rebellion before seeing this
I want to do some rewatches too! I think I want to fit a Magia Record rewatch in too even though itā€™s only tangentially related and not as good as the game. Super excited!

I want to do some rewatches too! I think I want to fit a Magia Record rewatch in too even though itā€™s only tangentially related and not as good as the game. Super excited!
I've only ever seen the original TV show and Rebellion, never saw the recap movies or Magia Record or any of that.

...I now realize your avatar is from Magia Record lol

I've only ever seen the original TV show and Rebellion, never saw the recap movies or Magia Record or any of that.

...I now realize your avatar is from Magia Record lol
Yup haha!

For better or worse the recap movies arenā€™t terribly worth seeing unless you are a super hardcore fan. Thereā€™s a few extra scenes in them, particularly in the second film, but really the biggest thing is they reused some imagery from the compilation films opening (with ClariSā€™ Luminous) in Rebellion for like one scene.

I fell off anime after Witch from Mercury. I finished Iā€™m The Villainess, which was pretty fun. I dropped Bocchi the Rock as I found it too slow. Anyone got any recommendations?

I fell off anime after Witch from Mercury. I finished Iā€™m The Villainess, which was pretty fun. I dropped Bocchi the Rock as I found it too slow. Anyone got any recommendations?
How about Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Dukes mansion, Birdie Wing, Dropkick on my Devil, Saving 80000 gold coins in another world for my retirement, or Campfire Cooking in another world with my absurd skill(this one is chill and amusing)

How about Why Raeliana Ended Up at the Dukes mansion, Birdie Wing, Dropkick on my Devil, Saving 80000 gold coins in another world for my retirement, or Campfire Cooking in another world with my absurd skill(this one is chill and amusing)
Well those are all cool titles! Iā€™ll check them out, thanks

I'm somewhat looking forward to this, but it always stings to see Shaft working on something other than a third season of March Comes In Like a Lion (even if this movie is also long overdue)
I love March Comes In Like A Lion and I really hope it gets a third season! I heard recently the manga is winding down so Iā€™m hoping theyā€™ll aim for a complete adaption when it is done!

Fist of the Northstar is getting a new anime adaptation. Kinda hoping they get David Production to do it :D

Fist of the Northstar is getting a new anime adaptation. Kinda hoping they get David Production to do it :D

Iā€™m still wondering when Toei will tell us what the new Kinnikuman anime will be(and whoā€™s doing the cover of go fight). Reboot, continuation, abridged reboot into the continuation

Iā€™m still wondering when Toei will tell us what the new Kinnikuman anime will be(and whoā€™s doing the cover of go fight). Reboot, continuation, abridged reboot into the continuation
Here's hoping they put in the same amount of care as they did in Dai.

Here's hoping they put in the same amount of care as they did in Dai.
Iā€™m expecting it to be their next non-seasonal. Just the continuation alone would be more content than Dai, let alone if they tossed in a reboot of the og run or even an abridged highlight version(which would make sense if they want to sell it internationally, plus authorā€™s already openly willing to fix the whole Brocken issue.
Also they did remake the second opening for the pachinko game quite a few years back which is a tease

Kinnikuman was the Shonen series that introduced the concept of ā€œmasked and cloaked evil group that look nothing like their real selvesā€ and itā€™s never not funny

Been trying to get people to check out Undead Girl Murder Farce and Dark Gathering with zero luck.

Both are highly underrated tis season.

Since this szn is ending, and I haven't kept up wih anything, its time to do a big binge spree lool

I did like Undead Murder Farce a lot from the few episodes I've seen!

Back
Top Bottom