• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Zom 100's opening got a big update. A bunch of new visuals have been added during the first verse and the ending bit. The chorus is still footage from previous episodes, hoping this section will get its own animation eventually.

I finished watching the last two episodes of Sunshine in the Mirror tonight and thus wrapped up what ended up being my only Summer anime. I did enjoy the ending, but I guess I wanted something else out of the show than what it ultimately was. Also, what has been proving a continual issue with recent Love Live shows, the songs not being on itunes definitely makes them feel less special which is a shame because some of them like the full ending song are a ton of fun. Regardless of the thematic importance tied to it I was most disappointed Lailaps had to give up talking to save the day as she was my favorite character. So yeah, it was a fun show and I’m glad I watched it, but I definitely walked away a bit disappointed.

There’s some time between now and the start of the Fall season and with my big Summer gaming finally done, I’m looking forward to spending more time with anime for a little while. I just got Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Detonation in the mail this week, so I’m planning to rewatch Reflection tomorrow and then finally see Detonation probably the next day. So many explosions in my near future haha.

I finished watching the last two episodes of Sunshine in the Mirror tonight and thus wrapped up what ended up being my only Summer anime. I did enjoy the ending, but I guess I wanted something else out of the show than what it ultimately was. Also, what has been proving a continual issue with recent Love Live shows, the songs not being on itunes definitely makes them feel less special which is a shame because some of them like the full ending song are a ton of fun. Regardless of the thematic importance tied to it I was most disappointed Lailaps had to give up talking to save the day as she was my favorite character. So yeah, it was a fun show and I’m glad I watched it, but I definitely walked away a bit disappointed.

There’s some time between now and the start of the Fall season and with my big Summer gaming finally done, I’m looking forward to spending more time with anime for a little while. I just got Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Detonation in the mail this week, so I’m planning to rewatch Reflection tomorrow and then finally see Detonation probably the next day. So many explosions in my near future haha.
Ready for the 2 games? A Metroidvania and a slay the spire clone

Ready for the 2 games? A Metroidvania and a slay the spire clone
I’m 100% picking up the Metroidvania! It looks really cool! It got a new trailer today which was neat to see.

I haven’t looked into the second one very closely yet so not sure! Haha.

The Great Cleric 12
Well that's some lore and plot drop for a S2 setup. Solid enough ending and a goofy but fun show
Vending Machine 12
Thrilling and sweet ending again with a bunch of plot setup for the future XD

Tomorrow I will catch up on undead murder farce. Maybe Yohane
I’m 100% picking up the Metroidvania! It looks really cool! It got a new trailer today which was neat to see.

I haven’t looked into the second one very closely yet so not sure! Haha.
Just got announced yesterday anyways XD

Rewatched Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Reflection tonight. Definitely lived up to my memories with explosions all day every day. Minus Alph who gets snubbed hard, I really appreciated both the main cast and extended cast all had their big moments as there is plenty of villains for everyone to all square off against. The story is decent enough, but hardly the main attraction. Still there’s some good character moments at least so it works out. I don’t remember the original subtitles too well other than them being subpar, so I do appreciate Discotek’s smooth script. Looking forward to watching Nanoha Detonation finally in the next few days if not tomorrow. Been sitting on that cliffhanger for like five years now haha.

Level 1 - end
Chill enough wrap up and fun overall, but you can tell they did an opening that's either continue with the source or if there's a sequel it'll do whatever it feels like XD

Undead Girl Murder Farce 11-12
Boy things are amping up. In a really satisfying way too. Tho this is all ending some kind of to be continued at this rate but since it's an adaption, just gotta hope for another season. Look forward to the final episode

I finally watched Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Detonation! I never gave up hope I’d one day get to finally see this film, but it was still surreal to finally see it. The first film I mentioned in my last post was thin on plot, but saved by good character moments. For Detonation, it does a good job slowly answering the questions the first film quietly raised and it ultimately gave more than I was expecting which was nice. Whereas I wasn’t invested much in the backstory in the first film, this was probably the strongest part of the second film and darn was it brutal! The fights here were a little more uneven in this film, but there will still plenty of fun moments throughout and they were generally engaging with of course endless explosions lol. As a quick aside, I forget the guy’s name, but the wolf knight’s role in both films being to just deliver a flying kick out of nowhere to crash a battle and blow up a robot in each fight was incredibly amusing. Anytime he deviated from the winning game plan he’d always get kicked around himself lol.

The surprise villain was effective though I wish they teased this character in the first film to make the two films a little more cohesive. I do wish they gave the main final showdown a little more focus, though I guess if they had to pick time they gave a little extra care to fights with a little more emotional weight behind them which was probably the right call. The very final showdown however was awesome and my favorite part of the film. I can’t believe Nanoha’s arm was blown off in the explosion and they had her almost die in space! That was bonkers even if I knew she’d be fine ultimately. Overall, Detonation was definitely a good time. Hopefully one day I can watch the rest of the full series as I only completed the original and A’s. Maybe Discotek will start bringing the TV shows to Blu Ray as I’d love to own them too.

I need to figure out what I'm watching this fall. Basically between Ultraman and some anime, I have it set up so I can watch an hour of shows on the treadmill, but I need one more show to fill out 2 days worth of running. Already decided on Undead Unlucky and Spy X Family S2 but nothing else really sticks out to me...

I need to figure out what I'm watching this fall. Basically between Ultraman and some anime, I have it set up so I can watch an hour of shows on the treadmill, but I need one more show to fill out 2 days worth of running. Already decided on Undead Unlucky and Spy X Family S2 but nothing else really sticks out to me...
Apothecary Diaries and Tearmoon Empire should be a lot of fun. Former is about an apothecary’s apprentice in the brothel district that gets kidnapped and sold to the emperor’s harem as a servant in the forbidden city(or a fictional equivalent) in medieval China, and she winds up helping people and solving mysteries while working to regain her freedom.
Tearmoon Empire is about a princess who dies on the guillotine, only to revert back to her childhood with a bloodstained journal. While she attempts to avoid her bloody fate her selfish attempts to improve the outcome get misconstrued as genius and altruism by those around her.
Frieren should be an interesting one, I only read the first arc and decided to give it another go with the show(as the first arc is depressing and I was scared of the next one messing with me, which apparently it doesn’t). It’s about an Elf who was a member of the hero’s party and her story after they defeat the demon lord. Prepare for tears from that first arc(which is like the first 4 episodes or less to be fair)

Zom 100's opening got a big update.......again!

I got exactly what I asked for last time, and now the OP is fully devoid of reused footage.

I am very partial to casual/cheery dancing in animation. This very easily goes in my top 10 favorite OP for sure.

Not final since I can be swayed or drop stuff but got my finalized preseason list since stuff starts this week. Continuing cours aren’t included(I’m behind on Helck and only on S1 of ancient magus bride)

23MandosFallPAWL3.PNG

1 room hero and demon lord - end
Honestly one of my faves this season, wound up pretty heartwarming and fun despite the slight bit of perviness at the start. the apartment ghost screwing with Fred never got old, glad Grimm got his upcomence due to Xenia’s slipup, Yuria rocked despite having so little screen time(which is fine, she actually moved forward in her life). Leo was a monster and Max is still a bit of screwup XD. Really a fun one, it was nice having a story focused on what happens to a hero after the fantasy story ends that wasn’t pure doom and gloom or a power fantasy.
Love how they cajoled Shizuka into joining them lol

I’m gonna be busy, counting continuing stuff and Netflix animations I’ll be watching like 60 shows 😅
I tend to drop stuff if it’s Netflix confirmed since I have to wait forever for dubs from them. Hulu stuff is off my list too. So that helps a bit

Just to illustrate how insane the Fall anime season is going to be, it's got:
  • sequels to the wildly popular Spy X Family, Dr. Stone, Girlfriend Girlfriend and Eminence in Shadow
  • top of the shelf shojo such as Ancient Magus' Bride and Tearmoon Empire
  • adaptation of the sequel to Initial D, MF Ghost
  • Undead Unluck, an underrated JUMP manga
  • Naoki Urusawa, the man behind Monster, finally getting another anime based on his works, Pluto
  • Frieren: Journey's End, which should not be watched by anyone who does not want musings on mortality
  • the next installment of updated retro classic Captain Tsubasa
  • the pinnacle of shitposts that's also somehow one of most wholesome depictions of polycules ever, The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really Love You
  • And then there's KamiErabi which is an original anime penned by Yoko Taro because this season wasn't stacked enough already

• sequels to the wildly popular Spy X Family, Dr. Stone, Girlfriend Girlfriend and Eminence in Shadow
  • Naoki Urusawa, the man behind Monster, finally getting another anime based on his works, Pluto
  • Frieren: Journey's End, which should not be watched by anyone who does not want musings on mortality
  • the pinnacle of shitposts that's also somehow one of most wholesome depictions of polycules ever, The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really Love You
  • And then there's KamiErabi which is an original anime penned by Yoko Taro because this season wasn't stacked enough already
Wait, Pluto is getting an anime?! Damn I missed this. Definitely gonna be watching.

Too bad undead unluck is having a Kinnikuman level screwup in lack of adaption revisement. Those first couple chapters needed to be retconned and rewritten.

Too bad undead unluck is having a Kinnikuman level screwup in lack of adaption revisement. Those first couple chapters needed to be retconned and rewritten.
No way they were gonna do that to a currently running series, even if I do agree that the first couple of episodes are likely going to be rough for newcomers.

Netflix's Drop 01 stream will start in about 20 minutes. It's pretty much a "Netlfix animated content direct". As far as anime are concerned, we will at least see new stuff from Scott Pilgrim and Pluto.

Edit: click right now to see Richter staring at you for the next 4 minutes.

Last edited:
So saw one episode (and a half lol, stream cut off and I was rewinding it) of Castlevania. I'm floored by what was there. Richter Belmont has like so much freaking charisma (he's actually already better than Trevor) and the drama works really well overall. The action looks amazing and I feel the budget for how expressive the characters are went up quite a bit. The voice acting is A+++ too and they actually held back quite a bit on the swearing compared to the previous series, which is welcome. Anyone by chance knowing where I can finish the second episode? Any backups of the stream that was made?

Wanting to recommend Undead Unluck is like the most frustrating things ever

Those first 8-ish chapters are toxic waste, and then it completely disavows all of the bad stuff, cleans up its act, and ends up one of the freshest, pure fun shonen series in recent memory

Like, it ends up having one of the best female leads in all of shonen, and going off the first episode you'll probably think I'm insane for saying that, but it's true, dangit

Wanting to recommend Undead Unluck is like the most frustrating things ever

Those first 8-ish chapters are toxic waste, and then it completely disavows all of the bad stuff, cleans up its act, and ends up one of the freshest, pure fun shonen series in recent memory

Like, it ends up having one of the best female leads in all of shonen, and going off the first episode you'll probably think I'm insane for saying that, but it's true, dangit
Man I think I read the first chapter back when it first came out and dropped it pretty much immediately, but I've heard some positive things about the series recently with the anime coming up so maybe I'll have to actually give it a shot.

Not sure what else I'm watching yet. I'll be continuing Helck and watching season 2 of The Eminence in Shadow. I've heard great things about Frieren in the past, so probably that. I'll try to catch up with Spy x Family before season 2 starts (watched the first cour and loved it but missed the second).

I really liked The Ancient Magus Bride originally when it first aired but the second season didn't look very interesting to me. Not really sure if I'll catch up with it anytime soon.

So saw one episode (and a half lol, stream cut off and I was rewinding it) of Castlevania. I'm floored by what was there. Richter Belmont has like so much freaking charisma (he's actually already better than Trevor) and the drama works really well overall. The action looks amazing and I feel the budget for how expressive the characters are went up quite a bit. The voice acting is A+++ too and they actually held back quite a bit on the swearing compared to the previous series, which is welcome. Anyone by chance knowing where I can finish the second episode? Any backups of the stream that was made?
This is the new series? Did it leak or something? I'm confused. Sounds good though.

This is the new series? Did it leak or something? I'm confused. Sounds good though.
A little explanation. Netflix did a stream (they didn't archive it) where they showed the first three episodes of the new series alongside the sneak peeks of other animated shows. I was behind so I only got to 1.5 episodes heh.

I finished Oshi no Ko last week.

It’s one of the best TV shows (animated or otherwise) I’ve ever seen, though it’s largely that off the back of 3-4 episodes, which are overwhelmingly, starkly incredible (while the rest of it is good, not great).

First show of the new season
S-Rank daughter 1
Well that was a cute start what a misnomer tho XD. Poor Ange, fate is fighting against her. Also didn't notice her dad had a peg leg till they pointed it out in the woods I'll keep watching, curious what the plot hook will be in the long run tho

This is hilariously accurate. From the first couple of chapters I thought it would be an outdated action shonen trying to draw eyes with blood and sexual harassment.

I can only hope anime viewers stick it out.

Man I think I read the first chapter back when it first came out and dropped it pretty much immediately, but I've heard some positive things about the series recently with the anime coming up so maybe I'll have to actually give it a shot.
Don’t blame ya. But it absolutely does get better. The story takes a completely different trajectory from you would expect from first impressions.

though it’s largely that off the back of 3-4 episodes
Assuming you mean the premiere plus the Akane arc?

I am going to try some mecha anime recommended to me in the Armored Core VI thread later tonight though!
Hell yeah.

Started rewatching Digimon Adventure through my Blu-Ray tonight. It's been over a decade since I last watched the series (that was my first time in Japanese) so I'm eager to see how it holds up for me. Despite growing up on the English dub Butterfly still somehow makes me nostalgic.

Assuming you mean the premiere plus the Akane arc?
Yup exactly. Those episodes (especially episode 6) probably rank among the best TV I have ever seen, they’re incredible.

The rest of the show is not on that level. It is good, but it is not great. I think the overall season is still very much worth watching but my recommendation would be mostly because I’d want people to watch the premier and the Akane arcs, and the other stuff is kinda necessary to make full sense of those.

Those really were the high points of the series haha.
Absolutely. And I watched the Akane episodes when I wasn't in a particularly good place mentally myself (didn't know what I was getting into when I started them lol) so they hit real hard.

I hope S2 hits the highs of S1 more consistently.

Frieren's adapation is really excellent so far, glad Madhouse is doing the manga justice. Really good.

Oooo that bit of the OP sounds good. Hype for this one even if I’m waiting for the dub like Frieren

I'm like six years behind, but my niece wanted to watch something so we scrolled Netflix and she ended up landing on Little Witch Academia, and... it's pretty good! Only three episodes in but it seems fun, bright, and colorful.

On the Etemon arc of my Digimon rewatch, I forget how often they use the “Chosen Children think they’re being given hospitality but it’s a trick” plotline lol

I’m enjoying it but I’m definitely looking forward to getting to the Vamdemon arc as when that’s when it gets really good

On the Etemon arc of my Digimon rewatch, I forget how often they use the “Chosen Children think they’re being given hospitality but it’s a trick” plotline lol

I’m enjoying it but I’m definitely looking forward to getting to the Vamdemon arc as when that’s when it gets really good
Heh I really should give Digimon a go. Also posted elsewhere but we got the trailer!
Oh man now this is hype

This will be a long one too, it’s a 22 Volume/208 chapter long arc XD. It also looks like they’re going fully manga accurate too. Gives me getter Robo arc vibes(in a good way)

Yeah, starting with episode 21 Digimon Adventure goes from a fun and goofy MOTW show (with some good serious character moments) to something truly special. The writers take advantage of the character work and worldbuilding established in the first 20 episodes and just crank everything up to 11. A few episodes into the Vamdemon arc and I'm finding it hard to stop watching even late into the night. This show is immensely important to me and I'm glad it's as good as I remember it being. It's too bad modern Digimon hasn't seemed to learn anything from the character work in this show.

Finished New Game. Fun, cute slice of life, probably my favorite CGDCT. Made for a nice off ramp from the high of ONK.

Second batch of the new season all from today DX
Dude's VRMMO life 1
There's something chill bout the framing an intentionally unoptimized build having some perks is fun XD

Forbidden Deductions 1
Not gonna lie, I'd totally wear that Daruma shirt. Forgot how fun the lead chemistry is in this series, enjoyed the manga but kinda stalled on some of my weeklies at the start of the year forgot how intense Ron's problem is tho

Shy 1
Teru is precious. That was an excellent start. glad we got the guilt of collateral damage out of the way in the start at least. It's integral part of a good hero story but can't have it drag out. Obvious Iko is gonna figure out who she is quick. Spirit is a cool big sis XD. Tho I wonder what Shy's full powerset is, obviously it's not just a thruster pack, that'd be a bit too basic

Yuri Villainess 1 dub
Oh good, Rei is just as overbearing and direct as she should be, no diluting her

Family Circumstances of the Witch 1 + 2
Honestly just decided to try it out because Nana Mizuki is one of the leads. Surprised it's two episodes right away but, the show's kind of trash. Good Opening song by Nana Mizuki and the Ending is cute song by Angela (singer of the Hamefura's openings). This seems it would be an amusing image to use though.
6X0Id4i.png

In Love with the Villainess 1 (Dub)
It's a very strong episode with the dub actresses doing a great job already. Rae is great and Claire is doing great reactions. Hoping they adapt the best parts well. Surprised they included a bit about Misha in the OP since that doesn't get touched on for some time.

Family Circumstances of the Witch 1 + 2
Honestly just decided to try it out because Nana Mizuki is one of the leads. Surprised it's two episodes right away but, the show's kind of trash. Good Opening song by Nana Mizuki and the Ending is cute song by Angela (singer of the Hamefura's openings). This seems it would be an amusing image to use though.
6X0Id4i.png

In Love with the Villainess 1 (Dub)
It's a very strong episode with the dub actresses doing a great job already. Rae is great and Claire is doing great reactions. Hoping they adapt the best parts well. Surprised they included a bit about Misha in the OP since that doesn't get touched on for some time.
The phoenix is the best character

I was surprised there was also a simuldub in LATAM spanish for I'm In love with the Villainess and it was also very good. Glad they took the effort and so far has been what I expected of the adaptation

Back
Top Bottom