• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Since things are more active in here again, I’m so hype for this next year, the father of battle Shonen is back(this is the first arc of the 2011 continuation. It will probably be multiple seasons)

Since things are more active in here again, I’m so hype for this next year, the father of battle Shonen is back(this is the first arc of the 2011 continuation
Man I'll think about next year when it arrives

For now it's Captain Tsubasa time HELL YEAH

Iii think I've watched atleast 1 episode of most of the seasonals I'm following, and I have to say that Migi and Dali & Under Ninja are the most unique/absurd ones airing this season imo.

They're both weirdly intriguing. XD

I'm pretty late to the party but just finished Odd Taxi earlier this week and it was fan-fucking-tastic. It's so rewarding to see a show that doesn't get lost in itself and watch it neatly unravel every plot thread (both minor and mayor) it spanned over the course of its 12 episodes.
I don't think I've ever been so glad that I somehow avoided all and every bit of spoiler while it aired: Going in without knowing anything other than it being a show about an anthropomorphic walrus taxi driver definitely adds to the experience.

Also the opening is a bop:

I'm pretty late to the party but just finished Odd Taxi earlier this week and it was fan-fucking-tastic. It's so rewarding to see a show that doesn't get lost in itself and watch it neatly unravel every plot thread (both minor and mayor) it spanned over the course of its 12 episodes.
I don't think I've ever been so glad that I somehow avoided all and every bit of spoiler while it aired: Going in without knowing anything other than it being a show about an anthropomorphic walrus taxi driver definitely adds to the experience.

Also the opening is a bop:

Odd Taxi was great yeah, loved watching it when it came out!! Very unique!
Iirc there is also a movie that came out for it with some extra content. I don't know how much of it is new because I haven't seen it myself yet, but I thought I'd let you know!
It's called Odd Taxi: Into the Woods

Odd Taxi was great yeah, loved watching it when it came out!! Very unique!
Iirc there is also a movie that came out for it with some extra content. I don't know how much of it is new because I haven't seen it myself yet, but I thought I'd let you know!
It's called Odd Taxi: Into the Woods
Will need to check the movie out! Although I'm perfectly fine with how the show ended, I wouldn't mind more of it :D

Odd Taxi was masterclass in dialogue. Excepting the rap guy, people have regular everyday conversations but those conversations are crammed full with foreshadowing and meaning. And of course the plot itself was incredibly well designed. So satisfying to watch it set up the dominoes, then let them fall. I definitely urge people to catch the movie if they can.

Migi and Dali & Under Ninja
Definitely the weirdest ones this season. Migi and Dali is practically one of those “adopted orphans is secretly a psycho” horror movies except it’s a dumb comedy hahax

Man Toei really went "These are not your child precure, now they have bloodlust" with Otona Precure

3hAdfHZ.jpg

Would really recommend Frieren, fantastic adaptation to a great manga.

The emotional moments are heightened through the music, voice acting while the more action parts have been so far animated beautifully. If the quality keeps up for the most part it'll be truly something to behold.

cf50b260d585916146e7539a710b1d74063f8faf.gif

Between this and Dungeon Meshi, we're gonna be eating real good regarding fantasy shows that aren't garbage isekai shit (some are good but most is at best junk food).

100 Girlfriends anime continues to deliver. The OP perfectly summarizes the series, and the anime even made some jokes I didn't like in the manga land.

It also delivered the absolute horror that is the vice president. Dear lord someone exorcise that thing.

(This just felt right to respond with. Also loved the first episode but I’m swapping to the dub)

Doing ok keeping up here. Cept my weekend went wild and I didn’t watch anything DX

Enjoyed the Discotek Day stream earlier and I’m thrilled Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha is coming to Blu Ray. I haven’t always upgraded my DVDs to Blu Rays as much as I should, but if you saw the show prior the jump from fuzzy DVD quality to Blu Ray is vast going by the OP here (first tweet in the chain). Really hope we get A’s next which I don’t own and Strikers which I haven’t seen down the road.

Also pretty excited for IGPX coming to Blu Ray. No idea how it holds up, but I loved that show on Toonami back in the day. I’m pretty positive I’m picking that up too.

Enjoyed the Discotek Day stream earlier and I’m thrilled Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha is coming to Blu Ray. I haven’t always upgraded my DVDs to Blu Rays as much as I should, but if you saw the show prior the jump from fuzzy DVD quality to Blu Ray is vast going by the OP here (first tweet in the chain). Really hope we get A’s next which I don’t own and Strikers which I haven’t seen down the road.

Also pretty excited for IGPX coming to Blu Ray. No idea how it holds up, but I loved that show on Toonami back in the day. I’m pretty positive I’m picking that up too.

I saw IGPX for the first time 6-7 years ago when new Toonami aired the whole thing. I generally did enjoy it. S2 was a lot better then S1 though.

100 Girlfriends 3

The way the expanded Shizuka's introduction was really well done. Helped to give the chapter a more coming full circle feeling then it did in the manga. For those curious in the manga, only the very end do you see Shizuka and Rentaro in the princess and knight scenario. Showing more of the novel was an anime original idea (not even a volume extra afaik) and it really added a ton

SLF bird dude 1-2
This is my vibe, I'm in
Saint S2 -1
Still comfy other than that extremely ominous opening

S ranked daughter 4
Chill family time, Bel living up to that nickname. Some surprise racial discrimination trauma. Poor cat girl DX
Potions 1
Fun as I remember, definitely OP but should be a blast XD
Tearmoon 3
Self serving with hilarious consequences. Surprisingly not that bitter

Will catch up on the rest of my shows tomorrow. Now it’s kit and Mario time

Started watching for the first time a series that feels appropriate for the Halloween season: the 70’s Devilman anime!

For a fun bonus for you, a recording of Animetal doing their cover of the theme live

Started watching for the first time a series that feels appropriate for the Halloween season: the 70’s Devilman anime!

I always thought it was interesting how different this design is from the manga yet became iconic in its own right - maybe moreso than the manga version?

Never did watch it but I'm a big fan of the OG manga.

I always thought it was interesting how different this design is from the manga yet became iconic in its own right - maybe moreso than the manga version?

FYI the way Nagai’s brothers got his manga funded was by helping him(and the other writer/artists at Dynamic Productions) pitch the series bibles they made before writing a comic to an animation firm(mainly Toei) and selling the concept to them, where they’d make a tv friendly version with their own writing staff and designers. Meanwhile Dynamic Pro would release the true vision as a manga and they’d both get a marketing synergy.(this lasted a decade or so and even included some live action shows. But for most of the 80’s Nagai refused to work with Toei after they stole the Gaiking concept without crediting or paying him. It was originally the fourth member of the Mazinger line). By the 90’s that got mended, tho the Mazinger reboot stalled out and he got his former apprentice and buddy to create a new Getter Robo entry instead(that Ishikawa named after his buddy Go Nagai).
Nagai is still active too, tho tends to do more curation and licensing(especially for the franchises he co-owns where his buddies have passed away like Getter Robo). I mean Nagai had a huge impact on the manga and anime industry back in the day and we have him to thank for stuff like Evangelion and Chainsawman being viable.

It’s certainly less dark and more monster of the week-focused than the manga, although there’s still gratuitous amounts of mass murder!

For some reason I thought it wasn't coming out until late November. Can't wait to watch the first episode later today.

I would love to read the 1st japanese reactions when the Pluto manga came out with the reveal that this was part of Astro Boy. I seem to remember people saying it was kept secret until the reveal of Astro.

Jujutsu Kaisen anime spoilers obviously

I would love to read the 1st japanese reactions when the Pluto manga came out with the reveal that this was part of Astro Boy. I seem to remember people saying it was kept secret until the reveal of Astro.
I don't see how they could have kept that a secret. The other robots like Montblanc are directly lifted from the series.

Montblanc.PNG

The North #2 story is the part of Pluto that left the biggest impression on me, so I’m estatic to see they absolutely nailed that here.

If the rest of the adaption is as good as episode 1 then we’re in for a good time here.

I only watched the first Pluto episode so far but I really enjoyed it. Definitely looking forward to more.

Watching Pluto with the current conflict going on in the world was certainly interesting (tho from what I understand at the time of the manga being written it was using the Iraq war as a point of reference).

Thouroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it.

Man, the opening of Pluto episode 4 got me teary eyed. Cause I know even on the verge of death, my little moxie would still wanna play. Not looking forward to that when the time comes.

100 Girlfriends 4

Not much to say about this, just another well done adaptation of the manga. The anime makes Shizuka's speech gimmick even more pronounced then it is in the manga.

Definitely happy with how 100 Girlfriends has been adapted. Seems like the anime studio is just as dedicated as the mangaka duo are.

Migi and Dali is still so weirdly discomforting, yet I still can't look away from it.

It's a very bizzare, yet entertaining show and the mystery element in it is pretty intriguing!

Having the mom shout english phrases, and see the brothers weirdly flailing cracks me up every time.. it's just so weird. 😂

Jesus christ Dark Gathering ep 17, was really fucked up
Yeah I didn’t think the face-peeling serial killer would be topped so soon but nope here comes a monster baby from an unholy matrimony, instigated by a diabolical cult

The place is already a veritable house of horrors even before they explicitly turned it into one

I've actually been able to keep up pretty well with this seasons animes!

I like a lot of them, but the standouts for me this season have to be Frieren and Apothecary Diaries! Love everything about both shows, no complaints whatsoever.

My hidden gem/underdog show would be Under Ninja!

Back
Top Bottom