• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Anime |ST| Is Captain Falcon more anime than Fire Emblem?

Watched episode 6 of Oshi no Ko just now. Can't remember the last time I was so anxious watching a TV show good lord. Not the best episode to watch right before bed

Otaku Elf 8
Oh no, Haira is an even bigger hot mess than Elda. Another reality shot, tho not bringing Koito down

Birdie Wing 21
Big difference from last week where it came down to luck. This week Eve actually evolved and progressed on skill(so it seems). Interesting to see Leo’s motivation was a wager between rivals. Should’ve guessed the Butler was an ex-pro too, wonder if that’ll come into play. Fun having Vipere back commentating XD.

I think I can safely say that Spring 2023 is a top-tier cour. Especially enamored with the romance anime, which are all decent to amazing, and more importantly feel quite distinct from each other.

This season has been so good!!

Gundam Witch, Oshi no Ko, Demon Slayer S4, Vinland Saga S2, Skip and Loafer have been especially fantastic!

And I'm yet leaving out thoroughly entertaining shows like Birdie Wing s2, Heavenly Delusion, Ousama Ranking s2 AND MORE. And apparently Golden Kamuy started it's s4 run again, I wasnt aware of that, so add another banger to the list. What a feast. XD

Surprise announcement: Discotek's releasing Cromartie High School on Blu-Ray in August!

This came completely out of the blue. Absolutely going to pick it up!

I had stopped watching anime when Zelda hit, but now that I’m done I was happy to fully catch up on both Dr. Stone and Gundam. Dr. Stone is pretty breezy so I watched that first. I had stopped just when they barely set out on the boat so I was definitely surprised where this next stretch has headed exactly. The show is definitely at its best when it leans harder into the characters beyond Senku so I’m really digging this current part. Gundam was awesome. Felt like I got a bit spoiled in a vague way on Twitter these past few weeks, but I had no idea of the extent of the drama. Awesome and wild stuff and I’m excited to see what’ll happen next!

I had stopped watching anime when Zelda hit, but now that I’m done I was happy to fully catch up on both Dr. Stone and Gundam. Dr. Stone is pretty breezy so I watched that first. I had stopped just when they barely set out on the boat so I was definitely surprised where this next stretch has headed exactly. The show is definitely at its best when it leans harder into the characters beyond Senku so I’m really digging this current part. Gundam was awesome. Felt like I got a bit spoiled in a vague way on Twitter these past few weeks, but I had no idea of the extent of the drama. Awesome and wild stuff and I’m excited to see what’ll happen next!
I need to get caught up on Dr Stone. Loved it and only got through season 2(Stone wars).

Gundam needed another season (I think this is the final season at least?) Pacing has been a bit off, feels like they're struggling to fit everything into the episodes they have left which is resulting in it feeling pretty unfocused and fast. A lot of the characters, factions and smaller plotline feel underdeveloped.

23MandosSumPAWL.PNG
Super prelim, but next seasons watch list

Gundam needed another season (I think this is the final season at least?) Pacing has been a bit off, feels like they're struggling to fit everything into the episodes they have left which is resulting in it feeling pretty unfocused and fast. A lot of the characters, factions and smaller plotline feel underdeveloped.
It hasn't been confirmed either way. Most modern Gundam shows have two cour runs, then take a couple of years before the next season, so that very well might be the case here.

I hadn’t really looked at next season for anime, but Mandos’ post got me curious. Hmm…only thing that stands out for me walking in is Sunshine in the Mirror. I’ll probably see what people are enjoying or just catch up on my backlog. I might check out the first episode of the vending machine isekai since that is an amusingly weird idea for a story, but not sure I’ll stick with it lol.

I hadn’t really looked at next season for anime, but Mandos’ post got me curious. Hmm…only thing that stands out for me walking in is Sunshine in the Mirror. I’ll probably see what people are enjoying or just catch up on my backlog. I might check out the first episode of the vending machine isekai since that is an amusingly weird idea for a story, but not sure I’ll stick with it lol.
There’s a couple fun Isekai, vending machine is interesting because he’s heavily reliant on others. Pastry chef Isekai is fun since it’s not a power seeking one. Level one is chill on a character side but has an insanely harsh other world which is a fun twist.
And of course there’s a villainess show

There’s a couple fun Isekai, vending machine is interesting because he’s heavily reliant on others. Pastry chef Isekai is fun since it’s not a power seeking one. Level one is chill on a character side but has an insanely harsh other world which is a fun twist.
And of course there’s a villainess show

Yeah!’d this earlier, but got pulled away and then forgot to respond! Thanks for the recommendations! I’ll look into them more when next month rolls around :)

How is everyone? What are we all watching? :)

Not forgotten about my 86 write-up - just been preparing for a new baby, so have been swamped!

I’m going to have a good look for something new. I started Gundam the other night but my wife kept snoring through it so I gave up! lol

Not forgotten about my 86 write-up - just been preparing for a new baby, so have been swamped!

I’m going to have a good look for something new. I started Gundam the other night but my wife kept snoring through it so I gave up! lol
Gundam and Dr. Stone for me and I’m really enjoying both! I fell off the Konosuba Megumin spinoff show, but will try to catch up soon.

Well for in season , here’s the update for : green is up to date/an episode behind. Yellow is behind but committed to get back to. Orange is I only did an episode/haven’t started but still giving a go. Red is dropped. Blank is stuff I’m not sure if I’ll bother or not but it’s dubbed so who knows

cachedImage.png

Tho with how touchy my internet has been legendary hero is probably just a drop.
Out of season stuff, been trying to get back to Uma Musume, started Magus Bride those awaiting a star so I can finally start the main show with dub, and chipping at Time Bokan 24. Oh and Prince of Tennis is my background noise show when working in the kitchen

What's the best anime of the year so far?

Especially the new ones?
Honestly, if Gundam sticks the landing, it's at least a strong contender for best of the year for me. Other contenders would be Trigun (technically last year) and Tengoku Daimakyo (still airing though). Especially the latter has been a wild ride and one of the best "mystery" anime in a while.

Vinland Saga season 2 is crazy good.

But i already know my AOTY is going to be Pluto, unless the adaptation is a complete mess.
I stopped after the first two episodes and the dreadful opening to each episode.

I read the manga though, part of it.

Should I continue past the first two episodes of season 1? Does it get better?

I stopped after the first two episodes and the dreadful opening to each episode.

I read the manga though, part of it.

Should I continue past the first two episodes of season 1? Does it get better?

What you didn't like about it?

I think season 2 is better than the first one anyway...but i liked season 1 a lot as well.

What you didn't like about it?

I think season 2 is better than the first one anyway...but i liked season 1 a lot as well.
I hated the opening two-parter, not the entire first season.

Keep in mind that I only saw the opening two episodes.

I hated the opening two-parter, not the entire first season.

Keep in mind that I only saw the opening two episodes.
I'd honestly give it another episode or two, I know time is always a rare resource but I feel Vinland Saga really deserves it 😅

G-Witch 22
Sooo goood. We’re amping up for the endgame of this season all right! Minimal coloring on the Calibarn(imagine if it survives the season and gets an upgrade it’ll get some paint). Also that dang broom style Booster rifle is sick, guess we know the source of the price markup on the kit! Does feel like they’ve been intentionally keeping the scope of lore knowledge narrow for a sequel setup tho. Lauda is definitely going out a loser, high odds Guel’s taking him out even if he is back to his custom Dilanza(which I just built). Agh can’t wait for next week. Also Chuchu just got a survivability upgrade, she ain’t dying. Martin on the other hand

Ya'll, that Demon Slayer finale!!! 😭😭😭
I am forever so thankful to Ufotable for adapting this series and giving it the quality it deserves!! Absolutely insane finale, I love Yaiba so much!!!!!!!!
They killed it this season, and previous season, and the season before that.. and the first one also..

Anyways looking forward to the next arc whenever it comes

Edit:
Oh also, Gundam Witch has been fantastic as well!
Though I feel the pacing is getting a bit too quick for my liking due to the time constraints.
Also the most recent episode played the instrumental version of the OP during a lovely scene and I hope to find it online somewhere!!!

Ancient Magus Bride prequel ova -1
Sheesh, Chise has one hell of a childhood. The “can see that which is now hidden” can be an interesting trope for sure, tho in a country like Japan I’m surprised she didn’t run into a shrine first. Seems like she found refuge for now, but I read the first chapter of the manga before deciding to just do the anime so obviously things don’t work out

Too cute crisis 11
Oh no, they broke another alien! And another! Is this a break one get another free episode XD. Looks like things have finally caught the attention of Captain Mikitty just in time for the finale tho

Otaku Elf 11
The case of the missing Gongem! Headshot! still find it funny we still haven’t seen Grandpa tho

Too cute crisis 12
Just a perfect wrap up of a wholesome show that was a delight week to week. Mikitty overpowered by Giraffes XD

Otaku Elf 12
Headshot, Headshot, Headshot. Nice silly story on luck to wrap things up, just a nice chill ending to a nice chill show

Also updated and finalized my summer season list. Pretty quiet with a lot of dubs so may try to catch up on some stuff. Dropped one thing from my prelim that wound up being a Hulu exclusive.
cachedImage.png

Not too dense this season either

Almost done with the magus bride prequel so I can finally start the main show with dub.

It hasn't been confirmed either way. Most modern Gundam shows have two cour runs, then take a couple of years before the next season, so that very well might be the case here.
I don't remember the last time this happened, most Gundams wrap up in about 2 years with IBO having about 6 months between the 2 cours. If we get more G-Witch we'll know pretty soon I think.

Ep 23 of G-Witch was really good, I personally think they're setting up for an ending that's both open enough to allow for a potential 25 more episodes while also being able to stand as a definite conclusion on it's own, gives Bandai some time to figure out what they want to do with the universe. Could go either way, personally hope we get more Ad Stella of course.

Last edited:
I don't remember the last time this happened, most Gundams wrap up in about 2 years with IBO having about 6 months between the 2 cours. If we get more G-Witch we'll know pretty soon I think.

Ep 23 of G-Witch was really good, I personally think they're setting up for an ending that's both open enough to allow for a potential 25 more episodes while also being able to stand as a definite conclusion on it's own, gives Bandai some time to figure out what they want to do with the universe. Could go either way, personally hope we get more Ad Stella of course.
I remember hearing the IBO team found out 3 weeks from the finale, and the public announcement was a week or so after the finale. G-witch has been going too strong to end here even if they pull a destiny and do a subtitle and protag change with a minor couple month time skip

I remember hearing the IBO team found out 3 weeks from the finale, and the public announcement was a week or so after the finale. G-witch has been going too strong to end here even if they pull a destiny and do a subtitle and protag change with a minor couple month time skip
I'm definitely expecting a protag change if we get more Ad Stella. Would depend a bit on the last ep though, can't wait to see here it goes.

I mean the next episode of G Witch is called Final Episode. Seems pretty definitive.

Like I’d definitely take more if we get it, but I feel like the main plot seems to be basically wrapped up at this point.

I just need the next episode to end with them being happy together. That’s all I ask.

Caught up with some stuff after finishing TotK, but I think I'll wait for everything I'm watching to finish before I do a wrap up. I will say though that Spring 2023 has been a really strong season for anime. My only real disappointments were My Home Hero and Demon Slayer. The rest I quite enjoyed and a few I can qualify as excellent.

Summer isn't looking as strong for me from a cursory glance but I'm still giving 30+ anime a shot.

I mean the next episode of G Witch is called Final Episode. Seems pretty definitive.

Like I’d definitely take more if we get it, but I feel like the main plot seems to be basically wrapped up at this point.

I just need the next episode to end with them being happy together. That’s all I ask.
Means nothing, other than being the final episode of the season.

Edit: should I point out Attack on Titan the final season parts 1,2,3 XD

Last edited:
Ready for Ryza anime this weekend. I'm sure they can't botch it like Escha & Logy (of course they had to choose the game with 2 routes to cram in 12 episodes) but wierder thing had happened (at least if they go for 12 chapters Ryza story is very linear)

Means nothing, other than being the final episode of the season.
I actually think it's really interesting the actual tittle is "Final episode" as in they are not joking around this is where it ends, since other gundam series with more seasons haven't done this

Ready for Ryza anime this weekend. I'm sure they can't botch it like Escha & Logy (of course they had to choose the game with 2 routes to cram in 12 episodes) but wierder thing had happened (at least if they go for 12 chapters Ryza story is very linear)

I actually think it's really interesting the actual tittle is "Final episode" as in they are not joking around this is where it ends, since other gundam series with more seasons haven't done this
Still doesn’t bar a Destiny or a Zeta.

Just finished Demon Slayer. This season felt a bit... uneven? It's still kind of my shounen comfort food and I still had a good time but I can only assume they've stretched this out a bit to not have to compromise with the next (and I assume final?) season.

Just finished Demon Slayer. This season felt a bit... uneven? It's still kind of my shounen comfort food and I still had a good time but I can only assume they've stretched this out a bit to not have to compromise with the next (and I assume final?) season.
Actually the next season is the hashira training, which

its super short in the manga, how many episodes can they make out of it. The actual couple finals arcs i guess come later.

It's weird in the sense that they are both stretching it out but also staying very faithful to the source material with all the exposition talk and such, almost to a fault sometimes.

I wonder if it would have been better to combine this arc and the hashira training arc together. Both were relatively short iirc, and you could feel them padding the current season out.

But at the same time this gave ufotable time to flex real hard with their animation skills on Muichiro and Mitsuri's fighting style it was such a feast for the eyes!!

All in all Ioved this season a lot more than I was expecting to!!

It was a good start for Ryza, somehow missed the first episode was a 1hour special. Everytime the landmarks from the game appeared I was like

vXCyTZj.jpg

Never played any of the Atelier games, I only know Ryza from her... assets, I suppose.

Wish it wasn't a one hour first episode, was a bit exhausting tbh. That aside, the characters are all kinda cute, the world seems interesting enough and I'm mildly interested to see how this will turn out to be.

8 episodes long at 60mins each
That's great, actually, the studio can take their time with the source material.

Never played any of the Atelier games, I only know Ryza from her... assets, I suppose
Same here. So I was honestly expecting another throwaway fanservice type of show a la Escha & Logy, but Ryza had a much stronger start. I already like the main trio a lot, especially Ryza herself. It makes perfect sense that someone as adventurous as her would get hooked on something as magical as alchemy.

Back
Top Bottom