• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News New N64 games announced for NSO: Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 1/2/3, Pokémon Stadium 1/2, Excitebike 64, 1080° Snowboarding, and GoldenEye 007

Japan is getting harvest moon 64. West has a different license holder
IMG_1782.png

I expect Goldeneye is actually really soon, because it’s likely one of the 4 n64 games remaining for NSO this year

All of this is great! Pretty funny that at this point in time, the PilotWings reveal was a bigger surprise to me than GoldenEye for NSO, but such is life I guess lol.

Bummer about the Harvest Moon rights thing... wonder what the west will end up with instead? Seems like they might not even know yet since nothing replaced it in the trailer.

My avatar finally will be known. The online play will breath new life into Goldeneye for me.

Last edited:
So looking at the remaining first party n64 games minus Rare games it's pretty much:

Cruis'n World
Cruis'n USA
DK 64 * (technically Rare)
Smash 64

We'll probably get more Rare games but it's probably just going to be 3rd party after this.

Pokemon Stadium will be interesting with just Rental teams.

It’s absolutely brutal lol
Notice how we get both Stadium games after the usual February direct time. That's probably when we'll get Gameboy games. I believe Emily said they were experimenting with the transfer pack functionality with the stadium games and now they're announced for the N64.

Surely there are more 2023 games releasing for the platform? Still a pretty good lineup.

I wish we got Harvest Moon 64 as well

Notice how we get both Stadium games after the usual February direct time. That's probably when we'll get Gameboy games. I believe Emily said they were experimenting with the transfer pack functionality with the stadium games and now they're announced for the N64.
I figured that may be the case as well.

They did note in the trailer that you couldn't transfer Pokemon to these versions, but it could just be noting that until they reveal GB/GBC.

When I saw Mario Party 1, I was like "WTF, why would they bring back Hand Injury Party"?

Weird set of games to highlight, I really would have thought DK 64 and Tooie would come way before these appreciated but very of-their-time sports games. Pokemon Stadium coming now probably means that they will never support any kind of compatibility with some future version of the games on NSO which is a shame. I wonder if they've done anything to fix Mario Party 1 or will have a message of some kind to warn you not to destroy your controller

So basically we got every 1st party N64 game left sans DK64 and Smash Bros, then for 3rd party we got Goldeneye.

Lots of party and sports games coming. I wish they would've given us like Banjo-Tooie or Diddy Kong Racing sooner.

So basically we got every 1st party N64 game left sans DK64 and Smash Bros, then for 3rd party we got Goldeneye.
I feel if we're getting Goldeneye, it's just a matter of time before we get Banjo Tooie, Diddy Kong Racing, and maybe another rare game like Perfect Dark or Jet Force Gemini.

Hope everyone is here is excited to play goldeneye and realize the controls are absolute shit now. Good luck aiming with the joycon too if the Zelda aiming is anything to go off of. Not precise at all.

Cross-posting from the NSO thread:

t6OH7xo.png

Ok so now that we have 18 games on the system and 9 more confirmed, the rest of the lineup is starting to pan out. I put astrisks for the games added after the data mine. Those spots shouldn't be considered set in stone, but a lot should make sense, especially 7-17 since everything fits in nicely.

11080 Snowboarding*
2Banjo Kazooie*
7Dr Mario 64
8Excitebike 64*
9F-Zero X*
10Goldeneye 007*
11Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards*
12Mario Golf*
13Mario Kart 64
14Mario Party 1*
15Mario Party 2*
16Mario Party 3*
17Mario Tennis
22Paper Mario*
23Pilotwings 64*
24Pokemon Puzzle League*
25Pokemon Snap*
26Pokemon Stadium*
27Pokemon Stadium 2*
29Sin & Punishment
30Star Fox 64
31Super Mario 64
33Wave Race*
34Win Back
36Yoshi's Story
37The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask*
38The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Pokémon Stadium before GB NSO is a bizarre move.
Do you think they would put gen 1/2 on NSO? I’m actually not sure myself since I feel like those games are still pretty highly valued. A version of gen 1/2 games with built in Home support and online trading would probably sell pretty well at $10 on the eshop imo. Or maybe Let’s Go is supposed to be that so they would be fine with straight ports on NSO.

Man, Pokemon is kind of a weird beast.

Do you think they would put gen 1/2 on NSO? I’m actually not sure myself since I feel like those games are still pretty highly valued. A version of gen 1/2 games with built in Home support and online trading would probably sell pretty well at $10 on the eshop imo. Or maybe Let’s Go is supposed to be that so they would be fine with straight ports on NSO.

Man, Pokemon is kind of a weird beast.
I have little doubt they will appear on the platform at some point after/with GB NSO. They may require a higher subscription tier than GB in general, or some sort of separate purchase, but they'll be there.

I am SO hyped for Pilotwings 64. Just going into the Bird mode with the cozy soundtrack, taking pictures, looking at the horizon with the sunset...

ASMR / 10

This is the best Pilotwings game and the 3DS "Free Fly" mode was crap because it was time limited (why ?!) and only had Wuhu Island (love it but that's still like 30% of Pilotwings 64).

Back
Top Bottom