• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News New N64 games announced for NSO: Pilotwings 64, Mario Party 1/2/3, Pokémon Stadium 1/2, Excitebike 64, 1080° Snowboarding, and GoldenEye 007

I think GoldenEye is this month but I'm not 100% certain of it. I do find it odd that they haven't announced a game for September and didn't date GoldenEye yesterday, if it is indeed this month, however.
Hey Nate, do you have any inkling what’s going in with the remaster? I’m wondering if we all just got the breadcrumbs wrong this year. Like those Xbox achievements leaking early - we all thought it was for the remaster (cause of the thumbnail images) but evidently it must have been for this.

I’m assuming the remaster dream is probably dead because leading with the OG on both platforms and…later announcing a hype remaster? doesn’t strike me as a likely strategy.
The trick to making a good team was that the final evolutions of most Pokemon had basic attacks, but the earlier forms had better and more varied/balanced moves.
wat. Never caught that.

Hey Nate, do you have any inkling what’s going in with the remaster? I’m wondering if we all just got the breadcrumbs wrong this year. Like those Xbox achievements leaking early - we all thought it was for the remaster (cause of the thumbnail images) but evidently it must have been for this.

I’m assuming the remaster dream is probably dead because leading with the OG on both platforms and…later announcing a hype remaster? doesn’t strike me as a likely strategy.

wat. Never caught that.
This is the only GoldenEye project I'm aware of. As I said earlier in the year, I had heard of NSO plans for the game.

Hrmm I wonder if the GoldenEye release date was held back in case of any issues with the N64 Controllers? Glad to see them back in stock today, and it seems a decent volume too as I managed to get 2 just now - they'd been available all afternoon.

Makes sense that Nintendo would want to ensure they could sell a lot of controllers in preparation for GoldenEye. I literally just bought 2 for my mates to use.

They just need to confirm dual stick mode for single controllers in goldeneye and everyone can be happy
Yes I am keen to find this out too.

Also keen to see if the online multiplayer is limited to just friends, and whether it's split screen or you get the whole screen to yourself.

Yes I am keen to find this out too.

Also keen to see if the online multiplayer is limited to just friends, and whether it's split screen or you get the whole screen to yourself.
it's gonna be the same as every other game with online as NSO, which I hear is a fancy screenshare

This is the only GoldenEye project I'm aware of. As I said earlier in the year, I had heard of NSO plans for the game.
Thanks! And yeah when I said "we" in my post I meant we the internet communities, not implying you yourself ever indicated that. Thanks again.

I hope that they give us options. I want to play Goldeneye with the same controls that it had in the N64 version.
if the xbox one version is anything like the old 360 port of perfect dark, it should have the option to use a recreation of the classic single stick controls. (though i believe they added that option in a later patch, if i remember correctly.)

as for the other way around, i doubt nintendo will hack in dual stick controls for the Switch online app. more down to the fact that nothing on the app lets you remap things.

Sorry for the bump, but have they announced what game will be coming this month?

I noticed that we only have 3 (instead of 4) games to cover the rest of 2022, does that means September will be skipped over?

Sorry for the bump, but have they announced what game will be coming this month?

I noticed that we only have 3 (instead of 4) games to cover the rest of 2022, does that means September will be skipped over?

Honestly I'm fearing that may be the case. They may use the announcement of the new roadmap for the rest of 2022 and the first half of 2023 as an excuse to take a breather for this month, as shitty as that'd be for us.

Honestly I'm fearing that may be the case. They may use the announcement of the new roadmap for the rest of 2022 and the first half of 2023 as an excuse to take a breather for this month, as shitty as that'd be for us.
We should complain on twitter!

Assuming they are adding a title for September, it would likely be announced today, right? And would then be added to the service Thursday/Friday.

Goldeneye was not listed in the Direct’s schedule, but was listed as “Coming Soon” (unlike the Japanese Direct, where it was explicitly stated to be coming in 2023). So hopefully it’s the missing 2022 title for the west.

Part of me feels inclined to believe that even if an N64 game is skipped in 2022 with Goldeneye coming in 2023, it might be October or November when we get a new update on NSO EP and Gameboy games are added to the service. In which case, yeah makes sense they don't need an N64 game right then if they're dumping like 20-30 GB/GBC/GBA games at once.

Assuming they are adding a title for September, it would likely be announced today, right? And would then be added to the service Thursday/Friday.

Goldeneye was not listed in the Direct’s schedule, but was listed as “Coming Soon” (unlike the Japanese Direct, where it was explicitly stated to be coming in 2023). So hopefully it’s the missing 2022 title for the west.
Originally I thought it was only a day or two before they announce the game but @MondoMega mentioned that was only for August and March previously; obviously the announcement didn't happen last week but I still think it's good odds we'll likely not hear before Thursday (maybe Wednesday? but I'm not holding my breath) for the September game being released this Friday. At least so far that pattern holds true every five weeks (but Friday Oct 28th might be where it gets sticky since Bayo 3 releases then)

Last edited:
I still think we’re getting a game this month and should know by Thursday. Goldeneye is likely this year in the west just a question of when

Praying for some Goemon in Wave 3.
If they announce Goemon Great Adventure I will lose my shit and probably cry a little. It's one of my favorite games. I used to rent it all the time, but unfortunately it's too expensive to run the risk of getting a repro cart.

If they announce Goemon Great Adventure I will lose my shit and probably cry a little. It's one of my favorite games. I used to rent it all the time, but unfortunately it's too expensive to run the risk of getting a repro cart.
I found a real copy in a used game store for like $30 about 4 years ago. Was stunned to see it that low and instantly snapped it up.

I found a real copy in a used game store for like $30 about 4 years ago. Was stunned to see it that low and instantly snapped it up.
Ah so lucky! But I'm happy for you, Goemon deserves all that love

I had the same thing happen to me! And it was my second copy XD. Tho I found it for $20 I think. Was the same year I had a great genesis haul at a consignment store in the middle of nowhere. A mk 2 with 3 controllers including a 6-button pad and a dozen games including a couple marvel ones. For like $25 bucks

We're probably getting Pilotwings 64 next week. I'm fine with it, I never played it.
Can't wait to have Excitebike 64 too because that one, I knew about it, but the 2 seconds footages in the direct was straight up the first time I ever saw footages of it. Absolutely NO ONE had that game where I come from. Only learnt that there was a N64 Excitebike game like 2 or 3 years ago when reading a list of "what N64 games could be on a N64 mini/N64 NSO" lol (and even then, it wasn't even listed on most of people's lists)

I'm still shocked we don't have a date for Goldeneye on NSO or XB. I feel like it's a game you can't just shadow drop like so many other nso titles.

We're probably getting Pilotwings 64 next week. I'm fine with it, I never played it.
Can't wait to have Excitebike 64 too because that one, I knew about it, but the 2 seconds footages in the direct was straight up the first time I ever saw footages of it. Absolutely NO ONE had that game where I come from. Only learnt that there was a N64 Excitebike game like 2 or 3 years ago when reading a list of "what N64 games could be on a N64 mini/N64 NSO" lol (and even then, it wasn't even listed on most of people's lists)
I had Excitebike 64 growing up. Amazing motocross game. Just tons of good memories with it. I actually played it again earlier this year on the Wii U Virtual Console and the game is just as fun as it ever was. I’m excited for it to come to NSO so more people can experience it!

They should really spread out the Mario Parties rather than have 3 months of consecutive releases.
You'd think, but it's worth noting that 2022 is going to go in the order from the graphic, so 2023 seems to be a safe bet to do the same. Which puts Mario Party 3 in January.

That's... a long stretch of just Mario Party, though personally I'm not complaining lol. What's particularly interesting to note though is that Pokemon Stadium will end up in February. Perhaps we'll actually get some way to play Gen 1 for the anniversary with Stadium compatibility?

You'd think, but it's worth noting that 2022 is going to go in the order from the graphic, so 2023 seems to be a safe bet to do the same. Which puts Mario Party 3 in January.

That's... a long stretch of just Mario Party, though personally I'm not complaining lol. What's particularly interesting to note though is that Pokemon Stadium will end up in February. Perhaps we'll actually get some way to play Gen 1 for the anniversary with Stadium compatibility?
I think Goldeneye will drop in the west Nov or Dec

Back
Top Bottom