• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic YAKUZA / LIKE A DRAGON COMMUNITY |ST| A FAMIBOARDS CLAN SUBSIDIARY

Guess who finally decided to get into the Yakuza / Like a Dragon series with Yakuza: Like a Dragon?

Already in love with this whacky game.

RGG-Summit_09-12-23-768x432.jpg

it's that time of the year again.

it feels like we've already gotten a large amount of info of Like a Dragon Gaiden already. but Infinite Wealth is also going to be there, who knows how much they're willing to reveal this early. considering they can't really say much about the story without spoiling Gaiden.

it feels like we've already gotten a large amount of info of Like a Dragon Gaiden already. but Infinite Wealth is also going to be there, who knows how much they're willing to reveal this early. considering they can't really say much about the story without spoiling Gaiden.
I’m starting to think that Gaiden and Infinite Wealth aren’t quite as connected as we think. Kiryu’s reason for being there might be the only major connective tissue between them. Wouldn’t be surprised if we finally get a good trailer for it despite Gaiden coming soon.

Wonder if we get a release date.

Dedicated English event one hour after the Summit. Guess this is where we’ll get our first look at the English dub.

Think they were also making a new IP, last we heard of that was 2 years ago when Nagoshi left, I believe:

「 If you have an environment where you can make new works, not just Judge Eyes, you will be actively challenged 」
「 Unpublished titles other than both series (meaning Like a Dragon & Judgment) are also in progress 」

Maybe it's a time for them to tease it?

The final movie mini game in LaD is killing me. I always fail in the last few seconds.

Send help.

Think they were also making a new IP, last we heard of that was 2 years ago when Nagoshi left, I believe:

Maybe it's a time for them to tease it?

Assuming it still exist, curious to see if it's an actual new IP or something like Judgment again (which i wouldn't mind, to be fair).

My god, that was so much. My brain is still struggling to comprehend any of that.

Talk about completely upstaging Gaiden, god damn.

AH FFS! This is like the worst news for me. A week before Persona 3 Reload and no way I can beat 2 JRPGs before Unicorn Overlord's release. I just pre-ordered the Overlord collectors edition today too. I'm in shambles and gotta think how I am going to approach this.

EDIT: Wait am I missing something is there a trailer?

AH FFS! This is like the worst news for me. A week before Persona 3 Reload and no way I can beat 2 JRPGs before Unicorn Overlord's release. I just pre-ordered the Overlord collectors edition today too. I'm in shambles and gotta think how I am going to approach this.

EDIT: Wait am I missing something is there a trailer?
The RGG summit is currently ongoing. There was a 10 minute trailer that was absolutely ridiculous. Information overload.

i can't believe we live in a world where a fucking Vtuber is one of the main villains in a Like A Dragon game.
SPOILER_image.png

i also can't believe they casually spoiled Kiryu having cancer, that definitely was meant to be the big twist in Gaiden. i suspect he's dying for real this time.

I saw and heard nothing from today other than the Y8 release date (two games in 10 weeks!!).

I kept myself in the dark about Lost Judgment, and it ended up my favourite RGG game. Will keep up the radio silence and read the reactions (massive thanks to everyone using spoiler tags!).

Oh god, the side content looks amazing. Pokémon, food delivery, so many karaoke songs, goddamn. Kiryu being able to break free of the turn based combat is hysterical.

Also, the poundmates! Kaoru and Akiyama are back!

Y'know what, I'm not touching these trailers. Gonna see it for myself in a few months.

This game's gonna be insane, and it's so close. So pumped.

Between this and Rebirth I'm fucking EATING, holy shit

Not watching anything, I wanna go in as blind as possible.

Pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition on Xbox. Cannot wait.

Jesus Christ that Direct. Gaiden looks really cool, but Infinite Wealth just blew my expectations. All they needed to do was show me the combat improvements and I was sold but they showed me a billion different insane things it was impossible to comprehend. These games look phenomenal.

Hearing lots of cool things, hell yeah!

Also I went to Dotonbori, so playing the LAD games will feel oddly nostalgic haha.

Moment the archive is posted for the English Direct I definitely want to check it out, though I’m also cool going into the game with no info haha.

Going into this game blind is a really good idea if you like doing that kinda thing, there's some pretty significant plot reveals in the trailer alone. One in particular that you're gonna have a very tough time avoiding, but if you can, it'll be worth it.

I still can't get over Danny Trejo and Daniel Dae Kim both being in the game, what the hell lol

Going into this game blind is a really good idea if you like doing that kinda thing, there's some pretty significant plot reveals in the trailer alone. One in particular that you're gonna have a very tough time avoiding, but if you can, it'll be worth it.

I still can't get over Danny Trejo and Daniel Dae Kim both being in the game, what the hell lol
Is Kim actually in the game or is he just going to be voicing a character in the dub? I was confused on that.

Is Kim actually in the game or is he just going to be voicing a character in the dub? I was confused on that.

image.png

That's gotta be him, no?

EDIT: I stand corrected, this is not him. Kim is the voice of Ebina, the guy leading the Seiryu Clan. Not a likeness character, just the English voice. The character is modeled after the JP voice actor.

Last edited:
According to the JP site, young Arakawa will play some role in the story. Totally called that happening, mirrors Kazama's involvement in Kiwami 2 quite a bit. His past will probably play a fairly big role in what happened with Akane, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's linked to Sawashiro getting out of prison.

It hurts seeing all of this coming on the horizon - I've been playing Yakuza on PS4 but my machine is absolutely dying on its arse, I think the bearings in the fan are fucked or something because it sounds like a car engine backing up very regularly now. Having to take a break from the series until I can get a PS5 is so sad (but probably good for my poor fingers and wrists).

Why is Sega releasing Yakuza 8 and Persona 3 literally a week apart from each other. Why are they making me choose between two of my favorite franchises?!?

I mean.. I have gamepass and P3R will be on that, which makes the choice obvious. But the thought of putting Yakuza on the back burner... ugh.

Apparently Hawaii is gonna be 3x the size of Yokohama, which is nuts. That’s 9x the size of Kamurocho.

This game is gonna put Yakuza 5 to shame with how big it is lol

RGG Studio best in the business, that was so fucking good.

I'm pleasantly surprised that

Sawashiro is back and looks to be playing an important role in the story.

Yakuza villains used to either die or disappear into the shadow realm after the game they were part of (can only remember one exception) and i always thought it was kind of a waste. I wonder if it was something that Nagoshi insisted upon.

i can't believe we live in a world where a fucking Vtuber is one of the main villains in a Like A Dragon game.
SPOILER_image.png

i also can't believe they casually spoiled Kiryu having cancer, that definitely was meant to be the big twist in Gaiden. i suspect he's dying for real this time.
Maybe not dying (just yet), but I could see this being finally the impetus that tells both fans, as well as the remaining hold out devs, that "Kiryu's time is over, let the guy rest". Even Goro was talking about Kiryu getting old.

The director of Infinite Wealth, Ryosuke Horii, has had a battle with cancer in the past, and he's said that it changed his outlook on life quite a bit. Have to imagine that influenced the direction Kiryu's story is going, it's gonna be heartbreaking stuff.

I've said this before, but I'm guessing immigration will be one of the major topics this game covers, similar to homelessness in Y7 and bullying in LJ. Wonder if medicare will pop up as a topic too, given Kiryu's diagnosis.

Infinite Wealth is shaping up to be my favourite game ever. What an incredible trailer, so much going on. I can’t believe it’s out in January! The 26th is a public holiday here so at least I’ll have one day to play it..

Gaiden’s looking great too, be so stuffed with RGG content in the next few months I’m actually going to miss Super Mario RPG at launch I think, too much else going on. I’m just finishing up platting 0 for the first time too..

. I wonder if Majima etc will have any role to play in Gaiden that’ll explain where they are in 8
We already know they’re part of some sort of security company. Decent chance it’s tied to that somehow.

Other option is that they’re being hunted down by Ebina (or some other antagonist) and went into hiding.

Oh my god the bartender in Hawaii.
58csio2mgrpb1.png

There ain't no way, right?
Mine’s tattoo shows up on the trailer behind Kiryu for some reason too.

We’ve already seen two Y3 characters return from the dead, why not make it 4?

Mine’s tattoo shows up on the trailer behind Kiryu for some reason too.

We’ve already seen two Y3 characters return from the dead, why not make it 4?

Kiryu and Ichiban singing Judgment together is an amazing full-circle moment, but oh my god why is Richardson on the keyboard lmfao

Guessing there’s an alternative version when you sing it in Japan, where Kashiwagi takes his rightful place once again

Kiryu and Ichiban singing Judgment together is an amazing full-circle moment, but oh my god why is Richardson on the keyboard lmfao

Guessing there’s an alternative version when you sing it in Japan, where Kashiwagi takes his rightful place once again

I gotta wonder if they know its him. At least Kiryu has to right???

Back
Top Bottom