• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe this game is coming in less than 2 weeks. Sometimes it makes you want to cry just knowing how amazing and emotional advenure we’re about to embark on.

Hm, yeah, that seems to more or less confirm Ethel is the first Hero. Explains why Hidden Thorn (I think?) is a skill so early, since it fits Ethel's class. I wonder how that's going to shake out

Does Ethel join, die, and get replaced later by a clone (might be the scene we see of her in the pod room)? Or does she join temporarily before then getting affected by the Ouroboros thing and leaving? Or maybe she actually does just join permanently there, and someone else takes over her mech and title (maybe even a separate clone)? She clearly is in the party long enough to grant her class at the very least, hopefully that's not a missable thing.

And yeah Mio's outfit might be just be Swordfighter

Edit: Kinda weird how they've sorta been hyping up the Ehtel/Cammuravi rivalry if Ethel joins so much earlier
I can't see her class being missable. From what previewers have said, one of the main six automatically gets the hero's class when they permanently join for completing their hero quest. The other five can unlock that class simply by battling alongside someone in that class. So if Noah gets her class and she leaves, then the other five can still get the class just by battling with Noah staying in that class.

But yea, there's a lot of weirdness going on here. I guess those mechs could belong to any colony leader and the consuls would be quick to replace her.

Last edited:

Screenshots are labeled docked and handheld. Wow it looks great handheld. Massive improvement for sure.

According to the retailer who has connection to Nintendo HK, the sell-in for Xenoblade 3 in Chinese market has already surpassed Japan.

I can't see her class being missable. From what previewers have said, one of the main six automatically gets the hero's class when they permanently join for completing their hero quest. The other five can unlock that class simply by battling alongside someone in that class. So if Noah gets her class and she leaves, then the other five can still get the class just by battling with Noah staying in that class.

But yea, there's a lot of weirdness going on here. I guess those mechs could belong to any colony leader and the consuls would be quick to replace her.
Oh hm is it anyone in that class or just the Hero? If it's anyone then yeah that should be fine

The Censored Hero did seem to be selectable but that was at a later point in the game, which doesn't technically exclude Ethel from joining, leaving for whatever reason, and then coming back. Or the spot is just there but greyed out and unselectable. So we can't really rule out any possible scenario. But just knowing Ethel joins up in some form, and has her initial Hero Quest, that early is pretty interesting

Is anyone else dreading the fact that the story expansion is the last thing to come out? And likely physical like Torna Golden Country?

I enjoyed Xenoblade 2 and didn't care much for the DLC. Didn't buy the expansion pass. I beat it in mid year 2018, and I got Torna after it came out physical. I enjoyed Torna but didn't touch the DLC code that was for the base game, because I was done with the base game already and usually don't go back to single player stories once I beat them. especially as more time passes by.

I really don't see a ton of incentive with the DLC for me for $30, other than the expanded story. Buying the digital pass gets me everything digitally... I could enjoy the DLC, but I'll likely beat the game within 3 months or end of the month and not want to go back.. While getting it physical gets me everything with the digital stuff,, but at the cost of waiting another 15 months and not caring to go back to the base game. And double dipping is just... a waste of money,

I get it takes the most effort to make,but I wish the expansion story (if its anything like Torna golden country) come like in the middle or beginning of the DLC. Like December 2022 or Q1 2023 even would be ideal for me.

Is anyone else dreading the fact that the story expansion is the last thing to come out? And likely physical like Torna Golden Country?

I enjoyed Xenoblade 2 and didn't care much for the DLC. Didn't buy the expansion pass. I beat it in mid year 2018, and I got Torna after it came out physical. I enjoyed Torna but didn't touch the DLC code that was for the base game, because I was done with the base game already and usually don't go back to single player stories once I beat them. especially as more time passes by.

I really don't see a ton of incentive with the DLC for me for $30, other than the expanded story. Buying the digital pass gets me everything digitally... I could enjoy the DLC, but I'll likely beat the game within 3 months or end of the month and not want to go back.. While getting it physical gets me everything with the digital stuff,, but at the cost of waiting another 15 months and not caring to go back to the base game. And double dipping is just... a waste of money,

I get it takes the most effort to make,but I wish the expansion story (if its anything like Torna golden country) come like in the middle or beginning of the DLC. Like December 2022 or Q1 2023 even would be ideal for me.
that's not really a realistic expectation if it's a sizeable story expansion. you can't expect them to add 5 - 10 hours of additionnal story content with all the cutscenes/music new assets that entails in just a few months.

They're likely already working on the story DLC but I want them to take as long as they can to make it worthwhile like Torna. Also I don't see an issue with just buying the DLC later when the story expansion is out. Most of that 30 dollars is for that anyway.

Cuphead DLC was announced in 2018. The extra knick knacks are there to buy time for the main story expansion. You’re really paying for the extra story. They could have done what you’re saying but then the base game would have to be 40 hours shorter and come out next year the earliest. The physical DLC is mainly for collectors anyways. Not many do that.

You’re basically asking them to do a live service/mobile game model where “extra contents” are made in advance stacked for months before launch waiting to be released which is not how they operate. And thank the lord for that. I’m putting quotes on extra content here because a vast majority of these games are unfinished. The “extra content” should‘ve been part of the base game in the first place. So really, they‘re piecemealing the game that’s the only way posssible to have a large “DLC” launch that close to the main game. The “DLC” in this case can’t be a DLC at all because it’s impossible to have a huge game and a huge dlc that close. Having a massive 100 hour game then a massive 30 hour new story expansion just a few months after… Has anyone ever done that?💀

Monolith actually finish their game FIRST THEN move on to the DLC which takes time. They opted for chunky updates over drip feeding.

Sounds like you would enjoy what Nintendo is doing with their sports title.

Last edited:
Nintendo Life posted some new screenshots, and there's some spoilery things including a hero/class (one that was already leaked by the NoA site) so beware if you're avoiding that.

Noah is shown wearing Ethel's coat here:
large.jpg

Interestingly, this scene is the hero quest to get Valdi. Heroes are mostly optional so you can do them in any order but it's noteworthy that they already have Ethel's class when meeting Valdi. It's possible Ethel really is the first hero. That would mean Valdi is met in the Ribbit Flats and not the Millick Meadows as some of us thought. So maybe heroes aren't introduced until you get to Eagus and do the Colony 4 attack sequence.

Then there's also a shot of what looks to be an unmasked consul:
large.jpg

And Mio is wearing an outfit that I don't believe we've seen before so that might be a new hero:
large.jpg
There hasn‘t really been any hint of this, but one idea I had was - what if the game takes a page from BOTW and has a non-linear segment to it. Like how you could tackle the divine beasts in any order, what if in XC3 you can liberate the colonies in any order? Or choose not to liberate them? So the game flow would be: chapter 1) linear story based gameplay, chapter 2) quest to reach swordmarch, open world liberate the colonies/gather heroes in any order style gameplay, chapter X) linear story based play continues with the liberated colonies joining the fight on the Swordmarch City side against whatever organization the consuls work for. There would probably have to be some level scaling stuff going on and I‘m sure writing the story beats in the non-linear segment is not easy. But I thought it would be a neat change for the series.

I really don't see a ton of incentive with the DLC for me for $30, other than the expanded story.
The problem is this:
because I was done with the base game already and usually don't go back to single player stories once I beat them. especially as more time passes by.
These DLCs main purpose is to give more content for those who beat the game and still want more. More enemies to fight, more Blades/Heroes, more quests, more outfits and extra story. If the base game content is enough for you, then those DLCs are not really aimed at you.

You can either ignore the added content for the base game like you did with 2 or wait for the standalone release next year to play. Releasing the expansion cart closer to the main game means they would have to do one or more of: reduce the scope, rush it, hold onto the finalized base game for months or the extra cart is just a key. Which doesn't benefit anyone.

They could sell the expansion content individually, but buying just the extra story would save you $5 at best.

My plan is to wait for a physical and play through the additional content when the expansion is released. I won’t have the motivation to return to XC3 every few months, so I might as well just save the new stuff for when I inevitably want to replay the game next year.

They are going to be a fun early game antagonist like Xord I think.
Seems like it. I'm guessing the whole 'masked theater group' crew will be rotating villains for a while ala the different Faces and Torna; at least until the more serious villains are revealed.

D's role currently strikes me as more akin to Metal Face than Xord, since he seems to be the first major boss who then continues to plague the party afterwards. "These soldiers will nourish me!" guy feels like Xord Jr. so far, though, haha.

D stands for Dickson.

Haha just kidding..................unless?
I mean it would make sense to create a larger tie between games other than the obvious at the end of the second. I recently finished DE never playing the original im ready for 3 and might play x later this year as i never played it before

D's role currently strikes me as more akin to Metal Face than Xord, since he seems to be the first major boss who then continues to plague the party afterwards. "These soldiers will nourish me!" guy feels like Xord Jr. so far, though, haha.
Yeah Wild Ride (I refuse to acknowledge his actual name/letter until I absolutely have to) survives his initial encounter and seems to be back later in the game, whereas for all we know, Nourish Me could die after his first encounter much like Xord

that's not really a realistic expectation if it's a sizeable story expansion. you can't expect them to add 5 - 10 hours of additionnal story content with all the cutscenes/music new assets that entails in just a few months.

They're likely already working on the story DLC but I want them to take as long as they can to make it worthwhile like Torna. Also I don't see an issue with just buying the DLC later when the story expansion is out. Most of that 30 dollars is for that anyway.

yeah honestly just....don't feel forced to buy the DLC now if you don't want to

if the story thing is anything like Torna in scope it'll be worth the 30 bucks anyways so you can just buy that when it comes out

There hasn‘t really been any hint of this, but one idea I had was - what if the game takes a page from BOTW and has a non-linear segment to it. Like how you could tackle the divine beasts in any order, what if in XC3 you can liberate the colonies in any order? Or choose not to liberate them? So the game flow would be: chapter 1) linear story based gameplay, chapter 2) quest to reach swordmarch, open world liberate the colonies/gather heroes in any order style gameplay, chapter X) linear story based play continues with the liberated colonies joining the fight on the Swordmarch City side against whatever organization the consuls work for. There would probably have to be some level scaling stuff going on and I‘m sure writing the story beats in the non-linear segment is not easy. But I thought it would be a neat change for the series.
I think there will be some non-linearity in the way that sidequests and optional content can always be done whenever. Like I think the Colony 9 liberation happens when you do Zeon's hero quest and that's activated whenever the player goes back to Yzana. But if the player never goes back to Yzana then they can keep pushing back Colony 9's liberation. I don't see them doing level scaling though simply because they never have before. You'd think the Blade Quests would've been the time to do that since the gacha means you could get these blades all the way in the final chapter but most their quests were still level 30-40 content.

But I think it's likely these recent shots were taken from the same playthrough of the Nintendo Life guy doing the preview. I guess we don't know what for sure and it's possible they did multiple playthroughs doing things in different orders and getting screenshots across those multiple playthroughs. But given the limited time reviewers have, I think it's fairly likely these are from the same playthrough.

There's a screen of the party fighting a level 27 Agnus mech with Zeon in the party and Mio is in the War Medic class. The Agnus Mech has a yellow exclamation mark meaning this enemy is an objective for a hero quest - likely Zeon's as he's with the party and Mio being a War Medic means Valdi's hero quest was already completed. The shot of Noah wearing Ethel's coat is from the start of Valdi's quest meaning the party should only be mid or early twenties there. So this still means Ethel is recruitable pretty early if you only need to beat level 20-ish stuff to get her and won't be a major antagonistic force through the main story then.

Yeah Wild Ride (I refuse to acknowledge his actual name/letter until I absolutely have to) survives his initial encounter and seems to be back later in the game, whereas for all we know, Nourish Me could die after his first encounter much like Xord
I believe D is only the name of the Grahf look-a-like who makes up half of Wild Ride with the Reala look-a-like. And this is the beauty of the Moebius and Ouroboros not having their own names, we can give them whatever fanon name we want lol

I imagine we'll start seeing leaks from early retail copies sometime this week (or at least over the weekend)

Not really looking to see too much but I'm interested in anything on the equipment system/how gems work, as well as how many classes there ends up being in the base game. Kinda want to know if there's any interesting traversal options other than the boat, but might also want to leave that a surprise

I hope the game is longer like 2 though everyone said 1 took 50 plus hours to beat i beat it at 35 with alot of grinding near the end. Do we know which universe this game takes place in IE The Created universe of 1 or the real universe of 2.

Gems are the only thing I'd like to know more about before release. I'd prefer the rest to be saved. It's a little surprising they didn't reveal all the heroes before release like they did with the rare blades. I know there are still two more weeks left, but they've only been doing one hero tweet per week. Ashera will get shown this week but I don't think there'll do tweets for the Indoline guy, Machina girl, or reveal any unknowns.

Last edited:
I think there will be some non-linearity in the way that sidequests and optional content can always be done whenever. Like I think the Colony 9 liberation happens when you do Zeon's hero quest and that's activated whenever the player goes back to Yzana. But if the player never goes back to Yzana then they can keep pushing back Colony 9's liberation. I don't see them doing level scaling though simply because they never have before. You'd think the Blade Quests would've been the time to do that since the gacha means you could get these blades all the way in the final chapter but most their quests were still level 30-40 content.

But I think it's likely these recent shots were taken from the same playthrough of the Nintendo Life guy doing the preview. I guess we don't know what for sure and it's possible they did multiple playthroughs doing things in different orders and getting screenshots across those multiple playthroughs. But given the limited time reviewers have, I think it's fairly likely these are from the same playthrough.

There's a screen of the party fighting a level 27 Agnus mech with Zeon in the party and Mio is in the War Medic class. The Agnus Mech has a yellow exclamation mark meaning this enemy is an objective for a hero quest - likely Zeon's as he's with the party and Mio being a War Medic means Valdi's hero quest was already completed. The shot of Noah wearing Ethel's coat is from the start of Valdi's quest meaning the party should only be mid or early twenties there. So this still means Ethel is recruitable pretty early if you only need to beat level 20-ish stuff to get her and won't be a major antagonistic force through the main story then.

I believe D is only the name of the Grahf look-a-like who makes up half of Wild Ride with the Reala look-a-like. And this is the beauty of the Moebius and Ouroboros not having their own names, we can give them whatever fanon name we want lol

They’re fusions, but my impression so far has been that each Ouroboros/Moebius is treated as another form of whoever the primary user at the time is; like all of Wild Ride’s dialogue so far appears to be just D speaking. I expect a later fight to have him and his jester partner swap between their respective Moebius forms.

I hope the game is longer like 2 though everyone said 1 took 50 plus hours to beat i beat it at 35 with alot of grinding near the end. Do we know which universe this game takes place in IE The Created universe of 1 or the real universe of 2.
How in the world did you beat XC1 in 35 hours??? I'd say even 50 is an extreme lowball number, unless you're mostly ignoring sidequests.

How in the world did you beat XC1 in 35 hours??? I'd say even 50 is an extreme lowball number, unless you're mostly ignoring sidequests.
i picked up all sidequests in a city each time i went there and did them as i went from spot to spot but otherwise i mainly did the main stuff until the end and grinded from level 69 to 75

I once beat Xenoblade 1 in 25 hours skipping all the cutscenes so it's definitely possible. I grabbed all the secret areas and mostly just fought uniques for my EXP, as well as getting those cheap achievements like talk to all soldiers in colony 9. I don't think I struggled until Mechonis Field, but I also know the game really well.

I once beat Xenoblade 1 in 25 hours skipping all the cutscenes so it's definitely possible. I grabbed all the secret areas and mostly just fought uniques for my EXP, as well as getting those cheap achievements like talk to all soldiers in colony 9. I don't think I struggled until Mechonis Field, but I also know the game really well.
Skipping all cutscenes and knowing the game really well I can buy that. 35 hours for a blind first-time run is damn impressive, though.

I'm just sitting here hoping we get some vague teases of reviewer's thoughts on the full game
Judging by previous vague teases, we'll get some for a JRPG releasing on the 29th, that'll end up being for Digimon Survive

Does anyone know what times the NoE/UK Twitter accounts post? I don't want to miss the collector's edition which surely has to go up for sale soon.

Does anyone know what times the NoE/UK Twitter accounts post? I don't want to miss the collector's edition which surely has to go up for sale soon.

The My Nintendo Store is under maintenance and has been for the whole last week. No info when it's coming back online.

My gut feeling says it's coming up shortly before Xenoblade 3 releases, and they open the EU preorders for the CE on the same day, for a spectacular shitshow, with the "CE game will arrive late due to problems and late shipping" icing on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom