• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it tells us how to get them though, which is what we were missing
In a preview, there was a conflict between monsters and you could either chose a side which would reward you with nopon coins or a side which would reward exp and gold.

I'm currently assuming we can get them from several sources, like quests and chests.

They're likely replacing the noponstones in challenge arena as well, since they seem to have the same purpose, but this time they were integrated into the main game.

Internet's been out, just now catching up with the tweets. Millick sounds great! We've heard a lot of it in the previews. Can't wait to hear the actual full version, was hoping the tweet would get to that really big part we heard in the first character switching clip. But Millick definitely sounds on par with our other plains themes to me, really captures the wonder and adventurous spirit.

The machine behind the nopon merchant looks like Valdi's robot buddy but with more wear and tear and painted with nopon symbols. I hope doofy little robots are just a new NPC 'species'. Valdi's was on the affinity chart.

Interesting to see there's some equivalent to mining ether crystal deposits. The pickaxe symbol on the map is different than the symbol for ether channels, so that's still another unexplained mechanic.

As for how we get nopon coins, I also saw one preview video get both a gold and silver one for defeating the unique flier/skeeter in Millick that inflicts nullify healing.

If anyone was curious and didn't want to work out the translation themself: the blue gem highlighted is called Absolute Retaliation. When hit by an attack, it inflicts 80% of the attacker's damage back on them.

You know, the UI for the gem page, now that I'm looking at it again, does seem to imply you might be able to have multiple pages (the blue line starting down from the bottom of this page and coming down from the top of it as well) but that might just be wishful thinking on my part
That'd be nice, but I feel if there were pages then there would be some indication of which page you were on.

In NintenDuo's video, they walk past an interactable machine called a manufacturer or fabricator at what seems to be the remains of a destroyed Ferronis. I was thinking maybe there are only 20 basic gems you can always craft at campsites with Riku's mini reactor, but each of these manufacturers that you have to find out in the world would have different sets of gems to craft.

In a preview, there was a conflict between monsters and you could either chose a side which would reward you with nopon coins or a side which would reward exp and gold.

I'm currently assuming we can get them from several sources, like quests and chests.

They're likely replacing the noponstones in challenge arena as well, since they seem to have the same purpose, but this time they were integrated into the main game.

Aw that's not fair. Even at their most annoying and obnoxious I can't just leave non bana type nopon to die. I'm hard coded chaotic good.

That'd be nice, but I feel if there were pages then there would be some indication of which page you were on.

In NintenDuo's video, they walk past an interactable machine called a manufacturer or fabricator at what seems to be the remains of a destroyed Ferronis. I was thinking maybe there are only 20 basic gems you can always craft at campsites with Riku's mini reactor, but each of these manufacturers that you have to find out in the world would have different sets of gems to craft.
Hm maybe, but if it was just a scrolling set of pages I don't think that would be necessary. But like I said, probably wishful thinking on my part

I do like the idea of having different gem crafting sites with different gem sets in concept, but it seems pretty annoying to manage in practice. It is interesting that there are fabricators "in the wild" though, since you'd imagine you could just put a campsite at that location if you wanted to enable crafting. Also, would the machine be interactable in preview footage if it was gem related? We know they didn't have access to those in the preview section

Hm maybe, but if it was just a scrolling set of pages I don't think that would be necessary. But like I said, probably wishful thinking on my part

I do like the idea of having different gem crafting sites with different gem sets in concept, but it seems pretty annoying to manage in practice. It is interesting that there are fabricators "in the wild" though, since you'd imagine you could just put a campsite at that location if you wanted to enable crafting. Also, would the machine be interactable in preview footage if it was gem related? We know they didn't have access to those in the preview section
I think I was a little confused as to what you meant before, do you mean the blue light could be a scrollbar? I don't know, although the cooking menu also doesn't have anything that looks like a scrollbar or indicates multiple pages now that I'm looking at it. They said you get more recipes from visiting dining halls, maybe the fabricators just give you gem recipes. Then as recipes get added, the gem menu will add a scrollbar somewhere.

The machine looks interactable, it's got an icon on the map and everything just like containers, flutes, and ether channels. It's a little unclear where the embargo ended exactly. It seemed like it was supposed to end at chapter 1 with the Wild Ride fight but we've also seen plenty of footage with the previewers running around Millick Meadows at the beginning of chapter 2, and they were allowed to discuss classes which is a chapter 2 thing. It's possible Nintenduo just showed a little more than they were supposed to. I've also seen those purple vines in the preview videos that are confirmed by the blog to be a field skill thing even though previewers said they never encounter field skill checks.

The machine is at 3:30 in this video, it has that circular glass pane reminiscent of gem-crafting/aux-core crafting furnaces and I have no idea what else it could be (be warned: this is one of the more spoilery previews for anyone who was avoiding stuff)

edit: I noticed a post on reddit about this made just a few hours after I posted this even though the preview has been up for days, are we being watched lol

Last edited:
I think I was a little confused as to what you meant before, do you mean the blue light could be a scrollbar? I don't know, although the cooking menu also doesn't have anything that looks like a scrollbar or indicates multiple pages now that I'm looking at it. They said you get more recipes from visiting dining halls, maybe the fabricators just give you gem recipes. Then as recipes get added, the gem menu will add a scrollbar somewhere.

The machine looks interactable, it's got an icon on the map and everything just like containers, flutes, and ether channels. It's a little unclear where the embargo ended exactly. It seemed like it was supposed to end at chapter 1 with the Wild Ride fight but we've also seen plenty of footage with the previewers running around Millick Meadows at the beginning of chapter 2, and they were allowed to discuss classes which is a chapter 2 thing. It's possible Nintenduo just showed a little more than they were supposed to. I've also seen those purple vines in the preview videos that are confirmed by the blog to be a field skill thing even though previewers said they never encounter field skill checks.

The machine is at 3:30 in this video, it has that circular glass pane reminiscent of gem-crafting/aux-core crafting furnaces and I have no idea what else it could be (be warned: this is one of the more spoilery previews for anyone who was avoiding stuff)

More like the design of that blue light seems to indicate a scrolling page, since it starts at the bottom of that page and continues down, and also comes down from the top of the page. It's the sort of design I'd expect out of a scrolling set of pages and not from a single screen, basically. But it could just be a meaningless detail.

And yeah, that machine does look interactable, and the symbol seems to have a Gem as part of the design (though it's not the same as the Gem icon used for the camp fabricator). Interesting, not sure why an overworld fabricator would need to exist. Maybe it is something where you can get more gem recipes from these fabricators, since that makes more sense to me than having to go to specific fabricators to craft certain gems. Or, it's just an overworld fabricator that does the same thing as Riku's in the camp, or just a gathering point for Gems specifically.

Nintendo France will be livestreaming their Xenoblade 3 presentation at Japan Expo tomorrow!

This is awesome news. If there's one thing I've missed that was present for 2's marketing campaign but not 3's, it's the live gameplay demonstrations.

Nintendo France will be livestreaming their Xenoblade 3 presentation at Japan Expo tomorrow!

This is awesome news. If there's one thing I've missed that was present for 2's marketing campaign but not 3's, it's the live gameplay demonstrations.

While I think this is more than likely going to focus on stuff we already know, depending on where in the game it is, and the fact that its a live gameplay demonstration, means they might unintentionally reveal some interesting stuff

Aw that's not fair. Even at their most annoying and obnoxious I can't just leave non bana type nopon to die. I'm hard coded chaotic good.

You can get Nopon coins but I don't think we've seen any of these where Nopon were one of the two options, although it would be funny if they could be.

You can get Nopon coins but I don't think we've seen any of these where Nopon were one of the two options, although it would be funny if they could be.
Finally, a game with the option to murder Nopon and steal their money (tbf if Nopon are anything like in 2 there's at least a 50% chance they had it coming)

Another Hero tweet, this time for Ashenpelt Gray, our import from XCX. He fights with dual pistols and what Google translate calls "flaps", but I'm pretty sure are just his drones. This guy is suspected to be from whatever third faction Vandham is from (The Lost Numbers?) since he's old, has orange weapons, and an eyepatch

Edit:

Gray's cutscene, an extended version of his intro from the Direct. The tweet calls attention to his right eye's eyepatch, which lends credence to the theory that eye removal is part of escaping the grasp of the two nations. I wonder if Mio's gonna have to go through that procedure at some point, since she's running out of time

Edit: I should really wait for all of these before posting, huh

Fashion menu! Featuring Eunie wearing Valdi's class outfit, which honestly reminds me of Rex's. Seems you have to rank up your class to unlock the costume for it. Wonder what the other entries in the menu are, though I don't suppose they'd spoil anything new there

Last edited:
I wish they just gave you the costume as soon as the character unlocks the class, outfits should just be fun and not require work.

Regarding Gray's eye. I don't think they have to remove the eye anymore. The two bodyguards with not!Videl only have scars around their eyes implying the Lost Numbers have gotten better at removing the Irises with less damage. And of course not!Videl herself has no eye problems. Though I've seen some theories that she's the first natural born human and possibly Vandham's daughter which actually sounds plausible to me.

I'm curious if the drones will have a special name in the localization or if they'll just call them drones like in the direct. I assume flaps isn't an accurate translation lol. They do have a history giving a unique name to the drone weapon in the past with Xenogears's aerods and X's psycho launchers, it'd be a shame if they didn't continue the history of giving weird names to drone weapons. Well, I guess Seven already broke that with the gun drones.

It's interesting they use the same music for Zeon's intro. It might get a bit silly if a good portion of the heroes are introduced in the same way.

Anyways, I'm totally making Mio a full metal jaguar. Dual gun kitty!

edit: the other entries are: No Fashion, Medic Gunner, Tactician, and the last one is her military uniform.

Last edited:
Gray's cutscene, an extended version of his intro from the Direct. The tweet calls attention to his right eye's eyepatch, which lends credence to the theory that eye removal is part of escaping the grasp of the two nations. I wonder if Mio's gonna have to go through that procedure at some point, since she's running out of time

Imagining Mio with an eyepatch. Seem pretty cool tbh.

Funnily, Gray’s Japanese voice is Shigeru Chiba, who also voiced Azurda in 2.
Hmmm... I always thought Azurda could appear in XC3, but this makes me double think that.

I wonder if this game truly takes place in the future of both XC and XC2. They promoted XC2 as being unrelated to XC...
which was the right call as it made the end-game revelations all the more hype.
So I guess it's not entirely impossible to expect another fake-out this time around?

I think 1 and 2 will act like the two sides of the same coin, and the fake out or twist or 3 will be adding a new layer of complexity on top of that. Like not necessarily expanding on Klaus and his civilization, but more on the Conduit and who sent it/why it appeared.

I mean... we know it does.

The announcement of XC3 in the February Direct said the game will "depict the future of Xenoblade Chronicles’s and Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s worlds." The box art of 3 has the Mechonis Sword and the Urayan titan on it.

what if it's all a lie and we are on Mira?

sleeping and dreaming in our fake-robotic bodies, kept alive only by the planet itself, keeping the memories of the dead crew in a suspended-like life?

or whatever they had in mind with that f*cking cliffhanger at the end of "X"

The announcement of XC3 in the February Direct said the game will "depict the future of Xenoblade Chronicles’s and Xenoblade Chronicles 2’s worlds." The box art of 3 has the Mechonis Sword and the Urayan titan on it.
What if everything is a simulation instead of the real-world future? Maybe there's a bit more to it than it may seem at first, I don't know.

Edit: speaking of what-ifs and wild-ride takes... What if Grey is Elma's husband?

Jk!

what if it's all a lie and we are on Mira?

sleeping and dreaming in our fake-robotic bodies, kept alive only by the planet itself, keeping the memories of the dead crew in a suspended-like life?

or whatever they had in mind with that f*cking cliffhanger at the end of "X"

I mean it's possible. Would feel pretty weird given the endings of 1 and 2 and the overall 'meta' story of the numbered games to this point though.

Not much new from the French presentation other than getting to see a full chain attack play out. There was one interesting moment where Noah used his ouroboros talent art and then it changed to a new talent art with a blood red charge meter and a purple fog aura called Origin Blade.

That guard seal status was localized as Shackle Blocking.

The threadmarked arts list has been updated with the new stuff. Some left side arts we haven't seen before and the yumsmith arts.

Not much new from the French presentation other than getting to see a full chain attack play out. There was one interesting moment where Noah used his ouroboros talent art and then it changed to a new talent art with a blood red charge meter and a purple fog aura called Origin Blade.

That guard seal status was localized as Shackle Blocking.

The threadmarked arts list has been updated with the new stuff. Some left side arts we haven't seen before and the yumsmith arts.
I'm curious how the chain attack works now that we've seen the full one. Since after the Taion Ouroboros Order is chosen, it says it refreshes two characters, the footage cuts away, and when we're back all the characters are refreshed and the chain attack ends after that round. So yeah that was weird

Interesting thing about the Noah Ouroboros' special talent art. A counterpart to Infinity Blade?

Last edited:
I'm curious how the chain attack works now that we've seen the full one. Since after the Taion Ouroboros Order is chosen, it says it refreshes two characters, the footage cuts away, and when we're back all the characters are refreshed and the chain attack ends after that round. So yeah that was weird

Interesting thing about the Noah Ouroboros' special talent art. A counterpart to Infinity Edge?
Oh yea, that is weird. It doesn't look like much was cut and Noah and Lanz offer the same amount of TP as before the cut. Maybe it's just some bonus you can get for activating this extra ouroboros round?

How's everyone doing trying to make it to the 29th? We're almost there

I ended up preordering it digitally (in addition to the special edition) because I want to play it at 11PM sharp the night before.
I’m avoiding all rpgs I have not played on switch in anticipation for this game so that I don’t get burned out. I was hoping for Mario kart tracks to be announced to tide me over. So basically just replaying snes/genesis games on NSO.

I've also already pre-purchased digitally - both the game and the expansion so I can play as soon as it unlocks. I replayed through 1 and 2 after it was first announced and just recently finished a replay of Torna. I guess I could try to finish Legends Arceus but it's hard to think about other games lol. I was also looking at doing another game jam that would probably take up most of my free time. GMTK's starts tomorrow but that's only two days.

Based on some translations from this thread, it seems you have some control over who's chosen for the Chain Attack Orders based on Interlink levels? Maybe? And also you might have to use both members of an Ouroboros in a Chain Attack before being able to use an Ouroboros Order.

This is exactly the point @Arynio is making...

Haven't read any previews. Haven't follow any news in the past few weeks. I don't need any more info. I know what I want and I'm ready for it to be July 29.

I ended up preordering it digitally (in addition to the special edition) because I want to play it at 11PM sharp the night before.
I'm sustaining myself with AI: The Somnium Files (and relocating to a new city ...). The wait for the European Collector SKU is soo excruciating ...

I'll probably preorder the digital version eventually, since yeah I'll be wanting to play that as soon as its available (I'll be in PST when it launches so 9 PM baby)

As far as what I'm doing in the meantime, mostly hoping the weeks go by faster. Just finished one route of Three Hopes, don't have much intention of starting another right away. Think I might go with Portal 1 + 2, and maybe finish up my playthrough of Metroid Prime 2 I left behind a couple months ago (provided I'm not super confused and just decide to restart)

I’ve not been playing much. I did watch Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai and cried a bit though… that was fun (Mai is best girl).

I continue to wait. And it is painful!

I needed to use up some days off anyway, so I ended up taking off Thursday, Friday, and Monday that weekend. Planning to have a super nice relaxing day Thursday, get some exercise and a bunch of good food to cook and make some things so that I'll be all set for some long gaming days. Only two weeks! I'm so stoked.

retopologizing ears is like thinking god is punishing you for some sin you have committed

I do not know why I suffer
only that I do

I needed to use up some days off anyway, so I ended up taking off Thursday, Friday, and Monday that weekend. Planning to have a super nice relaxing day Thursday, get some exercise and a bunch of good food to cook and make some things so that I'll be all set for some long gaming days. Only two weeks! I'm so stoked.
That sounds excellent!!! I'll be right there with you - I took friday off for a goood long dive into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom