• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DF said they're doing one. There probably isn't a lot that can be said for previews due to embargoes. Previews are saying resolution is better than 2/DE and that the framerate is very stable, if not a locked 30fps.
Yeah I've seen videos from NWR and DF/Eurogamer saying the resolution is better in handheld mode via previews, and it does look better. I wonder by how much.. It's a shame that's a part of the embargo apparently I guess.

Yeah I've seen videos from NWR and DF/Eurogamer saying the resolution is better in handheld mode via previews, and it does look better. I wonder by how much.. It's a shame that's a part of the embargo apparently I guess.
I don't think it is. they just don't have time to do a proper look. and Eurogamer coverage wasn't done by Digital Foundry staff

Has anyone else been getting an ad in front of youtube videos for the game where at the end someone, says "they are hope personified; they are everyone's hope."? I was wondering if anyone could place the voice, I thought it sounded like Melia.

Man just watching that GameXplain answers video has me hyped. The game looks so CLEAN in combat, and the colors really pop. 19 days is going to be loooooooong. I hope they drop the review embargo earlier than one day in advance.

Question for any British people in here. In a lot of the gameplay clips, Eunie uses the term "spark" as a variant of fuck ("what the spark" and "spark that"). Is this some in universe lingo or is this some sort of British slang, akin to Xeno 2's "one eyed monster".

Question for any British people in here. In a lot of the gameplay clips, Eunie uses the term "spark" as a variant of fuck ("what the spark" and "spark that"). Is this some in universe lingo or is this some sort of British slang, akin to Xeno 2's "one eyed monster".

Pretty sure it's in-universe. Maybe they'll go full Battlestar Galactica and have an entire dictionary of alt curse words

Quoted by: ika
Small tv and old 1080p ones then!
Don't forgot about a good old fashioned Sony Trinitron CRT!
I heard Lanz using the phrase in one of the trailers ("the spark you on about!?") so it seems to be part of an idiolect used by this group of characters.
Eunie also exclaims that Noah is "lit up like a sparkin' lightbulb" during the demonstration of the class switching process.
It's not current slang used in the UK, to the best of my knowledge. The game could start a new trend in real life...

Perhaps a clever way to avoid getting a higher age rating. There was minimal swearing in the other games; I recall Malos and Morag using traditional swear words only a couple of times.

I really like the spark in universe swear because I can swap it out in my head and imagine that these characters are just potty mouthed sailors and it's funny to me

they're using it like they used "what on Bionis" in XC1 so clearly Sparking from SaGa is going to be an important plot point

Wonder if we'll get anything new here or if it'll be overall similar to the preview footage

On the same note, wonder if the tweets for the next couple weeks will be anything new. I suppose they've mostly been covering stuff outside of what the previews have, so probably shouldn't be too worried. We still have quite a few Hero bios left at the very least, maybe we'll even get a name for the Indoline Hero (like how we got Juniper after her appearance in the second trailer)

Potato jokes incoming. Tatsu’s legacy lives on in Xenoblade 3!

Edit: second picture isn’t supposed to focus on Tatsu lol. Take a look at the damn potatoes surrounding Tatsu

Last edited:
They've gotten a lot of mileage out those potato assets from X lol. They're in 2 as well during the heropon challenge.

I'm not sure what more they could show before launch. I'm excited for whatever they have in that presentation but I don't think they'll want to reveal anything we haven't seen before maybe with the exception of equipping gems. There was also a pickaxe icon on the minimap in the overview trailer at one point so maybe there are some other things to do out in the world like harvesting from crystal deposits similar to 1 - maybe that's how we get ether cylinders.

I wouldn't expect too much new from the remaining twitter posts either. Crazy to think there are only 15 weekdays for twitter posts left before release. The remaining heroes we've seen will be several of them for sure. Gray and Ashera still need their tweets. And like Nabiscofelt said, we could get names and tweets for the Indoline healer and the machina girl. I feel like I've seen enough and I'm just ready to play the game already - I'll probably obsessively keep checking the twitter updates anyway though lol

In addition to the potatoes, they should find some place to stick in the giant pudding from Future Connected

Last edited:
I'm not sure what more they could show before launch. I'm excited for whatever they have in that presentation but I don't think they'll want to reveal anything we haven't seen before maybe with the exception of equipping gems. There was also a pickaxe icon on the minimap in the overview trailer at one point so maybe there are some other things to do out in the world like harvesting from crystal deposits similar to 1 - maybe that's how we get ether cycylinders.
I actually think we might get something substantial. Going back to the RPGsite podcast, they hinted they'll be talking even more about the game in a later date and that there are some exciting things they're not allowed to talk about yet. Makes me think Nintendo has an embargo in place for a second batch of previews that will discuss an aspect of the game that hasn't been shown yet.

I actually think we might get something substantial. Going back to the RPGsite podcast, they hinted they'll be talking even more about the game in a later date and that there are some exciting things they're not allowed to talk about yet. Makes me think Nintendo has an embargo in place for a second batch of previews that will discuss an aspect of the game that hasn't been shown yet.
Are we sure that isn't just talking about the review embargo? That does count as a later date

Are we sure that isn't just talking about the review embargo? That does count as a later date
I remember them saying they'll talk more a few weeks before release. It sticked in my memory because that's when I felt we might actually get a new trailer or detail that might reveal something the previews are not allowed to talk about yet.

The thing about the world being segmented is that the segments we've seen so far are so large and wide open. It's hard to picture them narrowing to a single point to facilitate loading between zones.

One way around that would be to create natural, in-universe divisions between the segments. Like for instance, we've seen a lot of floating masses. Or a very large body of water (I know you can swim without stamina, but at least this gives the game an excuse for the characters to turn around and say, "we can't go here").
And so how do you traverse between the zones? Why, with vehicles of course...

Sorry this is just hopium. Not sure if we'll get flight or not, but if we do, I kinda don't want to hear about it beforehand. Might duck out of any future promo Nintendo has going on and this thread if it comes to it.

The thing about the world being segmented is that the segments we've seen so far are so large and wide open. It's hard to picture them narrowing to a single point to facilitate loading between zones.

One way around that would be to create natural, in-universe divisions between the segments. Like for instance, we've seen a lot of floating masses. Or a very large body of water (I know you can swim without stamina, but at least this gives the game an excuse for the characters to turn around and say, "we can't go here").
And so how do you traverse between the zones? Why, with vehicles of course...

Sorry this is just hopium. Not sure if we'll get flight or not, but if we do, I kinda don't want to hear about it beforehand. Might duck out of any future promo Nintendo has going on and this thread if it comes to it.
It's just weird that in the very first trailer for this game, they showed a vehicle but they've never been mentionned again. Something has to be up. Even if the boat is the only vehicle, they would at least show more of it before release.

I saw some people on Twitter say that there's been leaks on 4chan. Does anyone here know if it's actually new leaks or just the "leaks" from a couple months back from a supposed playtester leaking some gameplay stuff?

I saw some people on Twitter say that there's been leaks on 4chan. Does anyone here know if it's actually new leaks or just the "leaks" from a couple months back from a supposed playtester leaking some gameplay stuff?

I don’t think anything’s been leaked yet anywhere, although there have been a bunch of fake music ones.

It's just weird that in the very first trailer for this game, they showed a vehicle but they've never been mentionned again. Something has to be up. Even if the boat is the only vehicle, they would at least show more of it before release.
Technically we've had a couple additional screenshots (and I think a sliver of Direct footage) featuring the boat

We've still had exactly zero explanation of the boat though (it looks different in different screenshots, so it can't be a simple Field Skill, though maybe some sort of Field Skill chain that keeps giving you better boats)

We've seen this in footage a couple times, but the footsteps to follow feature from 2 is returning. Looks like they just activate when the quest begins and aren't tied to a field skill. More importantly, we can hear a little of Erythia's calming theme:

In certain quests, you can follow the footprints left behind! It's like being a detective!

Oh, and a Gonzales tweet as well. Both him and Rotbart are weaker this time. Gonzales went from 90 to 88 and Rotbart went from 81 to 80.

Gonzalez the Immovable is a huge unique monster! It is said that it is always sleeping, but if you wake it up, it will get angry and attack, so you should not provoke it too much. I've heard that name somewhere before!

Do you think that 'this is when the enemy enrages' flame indicator will ever be placed anywhere other than at half health?

What if it’s like Dragon Quest? Like big open islands then you get a boat to traverse between them? One large ocean connecting all the lands.
I think the whole 'world' of the game is on a floating landmass and the ocean won't stretch much beyond the region Erythia is in. But having a miniaturized version of the world to fly around in an airship like DQ8 and 11 would be pretty fun. It's actually what I wanted 2 to do - have a chibi world map where you could fly from titan to titan.

A question about the Nintendo store.

Assuming I can get a collector edition when the European ones are available, is it guaranteed that they'll deliver the base game on release day?
I know they said the "collector part" will be shipped much later, but I am worried that the actual game will arrive a few days late.

A question about the Nintendo store.

Assuming I can get a collector edition when the European ones are available, is it guaranteed that they'll deliver the base game on release day?
I know they said the "collector part" will be shipped much later, but I am worried that the actual game will arrive a few days late.

They are supposed to deliver the game on release day, but I share the exact same worries. Hopefully "late July" means around the 20th and not the 28th.

So we get a second round of previews? That would be next week then.

Watched a little gameplay footage to see performance but would rather just read (non-spoiler) impressions about the game if I have a craving.

That Erythia music is super lovely.

That's the pause screen music if you're talking about the new clip.

Last edited:
They're similar, but I'm pretty sure the pause screen has a different track.

Nevermind the same tempo and instrumentation, listen to the percussion in the background. It's completely the same.

And listening again, further into the track you can hear the same melody as in the clip. Definitely the menu theme.

Last edited:
Nevermind the same tempo and instrumentation, listen to the percussion in the background. It's completely the same.

And listening again, further into the track you can hear the same melody as in the clip. Definitely the menu theme.

My main issue with this is, they're not just playing that theme over the clip, it still has SFX and everything. I don't really see why they'd go through the trouble of swapping the music out in-game, so I'm certain that still is Erythia's theme even if it does also turn out to be the menu theme.

My main issue with this is, they're not just playing that theme over the clip, it still has SFX and everything. I don't really see why they'd go through the trouble of swapping the music out in-game, so I'm certain that still is Erythia's theme even if it does also turn out to be the menu theme.

The clip has a smooth cut around 10 seconds in and the track goes on uninterrupted, though, so the music itself has to be overlaid.

They also did the same with a battle clip a few months ago and everyone thought that the Elite monster theme is Agnus Battle or something.

It's definitely the same track anyhow. The percussion, instrumentation and melody are literally copy-pasted.

Last edited:
The clip has a smooth cut around 10 seconds in and the track goes on uninterrupted, though, so the music itself has to be overlaid.

They also did the same with a battle clip a few months ago and everyone thought that the Elite monster theme is Agnus Battle or something.

It's definitely the same track anyhow. The percussion, instrumentation and melody are literally copy-pasted.

That's a good point about the interruption there, and yeah, you're right: the EM battle theme was used in a non-EM fight clip during April. Guess they really do through the trouble for whatever reason!

I don't understand his point about stutter stepping. What's actually stopping you from doing it? Even without auto-attack combos, it would still be useful to speed up the auto-attacks by canceling the follow-through and recovery after the hit of the attack. But he phrases it like not only does it not have utility without the combos but rather you can't do it at all.

You're not locked into the auto-attack animation and can't move once an auto-attack starts, right?

I don't understand his point about stutter stepping. What's actually stopping you from doing it? Even without auto-attack combos, it would still be useful to speed up the auto-attacks by canceling the follow-through and recovery after the hit of the attack. But he phrases it like not only does it not have utility without the combos but rather you can't do it at all.

You're not locked into the auto-attack animation and can't move once an auto-attack starts, right?

Ha ha ha, I know exactly the posters I'm going to be looking for after this game comes out/before the wikis get all the combat mechanics stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom