• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still no luck on my end. Stuck in the waiting room with me only being able to get to the pre-purchase button, but not able to add to cart...

So should we just give up now? Lol
Wario tweeted the "out of stock" an hr ago:

I actually had the store screen on its auto-refresh protocol the last 1hr+. Nintendo's store site neglected to properly update the site visitor, and in fact it failed to properly manage it's own online queue system.

A time-wasting and extremely disappointing and sub-standard customer experience. Such a short-sighted lack of regard for customers is puzzling.

I do not understand why they do not bulletproof against this and improve their network services in general, across all their customer-impacting services. They have the resources to improve this greatly, and the incentive should be there (parity w/ competitors, improving your ability to sell and move transactions thereby boosting revenue, respecting and taking care of your customers).

Frankly speaking, it makes me question whether the leadership is out of touch w/ market realities, despite the "new blood".

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

I manage to finally click the pre-purchase button and add it to cart! Got to check out successfully!

I hope others are able to get lucky: To all those people who've been waiting, don't give up hope!

Last edited:
Best of luck to all of you still waiting. As long as the waiting room doesn't time out like before, then it's a good sign.

Make sure to turn off any auto-lock screens while you wait. At least for me, keeping it open in one tab (while you can still have multiple tabs) might yield better results. Just focus on one page per device.

With that said, there is no excuse for anybody to undergo this kind of trouble. Especially when they're with family and friends while on vacation of all things. Seriously, I feel Nintendo has to rethink their strategy with Special Edition pre-orders if they're the ones handling it.

Best of luck to all of you still waiting. As long as the waiting room doesn't time out like before, then it's a good sign.

Make sure to turn off any auto-lock screens while you wait. At least for me, keeping it open in one tab (while you can still have multiple tabs) might yield better results. Just focus on one page per device.

With that said, there is no excuse for anybody to undergo this kind of trouble. Especially when they're with family and friends while on vacation of all things. Seriously, I feel Nintendo has to rethink their strategy with Special Edition pre-orders if they're the ones handling it.
Nintendo: “note to self, never push up release dates again. Only delay things further out”.

“Problem solved 🧐

in the camp that the queue is a bit of an RNG based system. (persuades bots that can click instantly not the guaranteed shot at purchase). Places like Best Buy used to do the same (not sure about now)

Added two tabs of the product page 10-20 min ago. Got through right now

Just got mine. Jumped in line like 10 minutes ago then went to get the mail. Saw I got through the queue when I got back. Was able to add to cart and check out with no problems.

I was trying on and off throughout the day though with no success, maybe things just exploded after the initial rush and things are calming down?

I sat in queue for an hour, then it went through. It's not out of stock; maybe it was pulled earlier to lower traffic?

Make sure you're logged into your account before the queue, so you don't get booted. Best of luck to anyone still fishing.

I eventually got through the queue and it actually let me click on checkout but once I did, I was back in the queue without actually checking out

We finally got a better explanation of chain attacks and TP

In Chain Attack, you select each character in your party and proceed with the game. First, you are presented with a strategy (order) from your three companions. Once you have decided which order to go with, you select the friends who will carry out the order, and then you select the arts to attack in a spectacular manner!

Tactical Points (TP) are important in Chain Attack. When you select your friends, their TP is added up, and when it exceeds "100% (points)", the order will be executed and the powerful Chain Arts will be activated. Orders have a rating, and the higher the percentage, the better the coordination!

I think you want to get in as many turns to get close to 100TP without going over. Then when you're as close to 100 as possible, you use the character who will accumulate the most TP to push it as far over 100 as possible. Once it's at or above 100, the finisher will be used with the character who was selected to give the initial order at the start of the chain attack. If I'm understanding correctly, it's oddly like 1's gem crafting heat mechanic.

How it decides which three characters to initiate the order at the beginning of a chain attack is something I'm still not clear on.

edit: I noticed three new arts.
Noah's bottom left: Night Hunt - Does something with aggro / Back Attack Up (likely a Stalker art)
Sena's top left: Cross Impact - Powercharge on hit
Sena's middle left: Energy Grenade - Continual Damage Field?

Also Noah, Eunie, and Taion all have that Overfall art that lowers ether defense. Makes me wonder how buff/debuffs stack if it's useful to have the same one on three characters. In 1 they stacked when they came from different arts and X had tiers which aren't visible here.

edit 2: Also want to point out that Night Hunt is a buff art and the Back Attack Up is written out like how buffs are - different from how the back damage bonus on Edge Thrust is written.

edit 3: The purple projectile we've seen in other footage appears here when Taion uses Stormy Skies fused with Myopic Screen. I think it's how left side damaging arts are portrayed when fused with a non-damage art on the right side. So in the green brogs clip, Taion was probably fusing Myopic Screen with his fifth art.

Last edited:
We finally got a better explanation of chain attacks and TP

I think you want to get in as many turns to get close to 100TP without going over. Then when you're as close to 100 as possible, you use the character who will accumulate the most TP to push it as far over 100 as possible. Once it's at or above 100, the finisher will be used with the character who was selected to give the initial order at the start of the chain attack. If I'm understanding correctly, it's oddly like 1's gem crafting heat mechanic.

How it decides which three characters to initiate the order at the beginning of a chain attack is something I'm still not clear on.

edit: I noticed three new arts.
Noah's bottom left: Night Hunt - Does something with aggro / Back Attack Up (likely a Stalker art)
Sena's top left: Cross Impact - Powercharge on hit
Sena's middle left: Energy Grenade - Continual Damage Field?

Also Noah, Eunie, and Taion all have that Overfall art that lowers ether defense. Makes me wonder how buff/debuffs stack if it's useful to have the same one on three characters. In 1 they stacked when they came from different arts and X had tiers which aren't visible here.

A few notes from these (and extra pics posted as a reply):
  • We have a pic with the bar full, multiplier at 150% and all characters available
  • In the video, they start with 2/3 of the bar, multiplier at 250% and both tanks missing
  • In the end of the video, they still have 1/3 of the bar and 2 characters "returns", one of them being the missing Lanz

So, I'd assume we got 3 rounds of chain attack, the characters you use on it are "spent" but may come back later.

Depending on how this return works, you may want to barely cross the 100% to save TP and make sure you can execute all 3 orders instead of doing 2 of them great.

I'm truly impressed, my first impression is that they actually got everything I loved from both XC1 and XC2 chain attacks and removed/reduced my complaints about them, I'm really f- ahem digging it.

Just a heads up for everyone who's looking forward to playing the game: I just got word that apparently review copies are out and so are leaks. Someone on my Xeno-discord just shared a leaked song and confirmed that it's from a leak, not an official news source. So be extra careful starting now if you don't want to be spoiled. This is going to be a long month now >_>
from tokuiten on installbase

Review copies a month in advance is really great. I can't imagine being a reviewer and being forced to rush through a Xenoblade game. Also hints at them being super confident about and I'm assuming there will be a preview embargo which will help build up word of mouth if it's great.

It lines up with what random Twitter user wrote about previews dropping on the 13th.

Thanks for the heads up. Personally I don’t mind music leaks (heck, I’m probably gonna go search for the track tokuiten mentioned), but story leaks are a no-go so I’ll be extra cautious around Xeno news sources this month.

It must be tough to review a Xenoblade game in a spoiler-sensitive way. Xenoblade 1 and 2 immediately after the opening beats start to get more and more difficult to discuss when even major characters are massive spoilers.

WHAT THE

The My Nintendo Store is currently unavailable due to a maintenance intervention which will take several weeks.

SEVERAL WEEKS?

Is there any more leaked info or a way to get to that song? I wanna see leaks

Hm I'd like mechanics leaks but with Xenoblade being one of the few franchises where the story matters to me I guess I should start being careful around spoilers

Review copies a month in advance is really great. I can't imagine being a reviewer and being forced to rush through a Xenoblade game. Also hints at them being super confident about and I'm assuming there will be a preview embargo which will help build up word of mouth if it's great.

I've just watched snippets of this game, which they bumped up the release date several months of, and I can see why they would be so confident.

I'm a Xenoblade fan, so obvious bias is obvious. I would be excited, even if what they've shown wasn't this obviously incredible. But I haven't been impressed like THIS since the original, and X's 'check out these transforming flying mechs and giant space dinosaurs guys!!!' (before years and years and years of waiting and hanging on every bit of media ground out the glamour)

Oh, And not the originals original reveal as monado beginning of the world.... That one didn't leave much of an impression on me. The 14 minute exploration videos that kicked off operation rainfall.

This one really seems to encompass EVERYTHING people originally came to Xenoblade for again, at full steam, rather than specializing in one (World exploration) or the other (Story/character dynamics), leaving no fan feeling underserved in their particular area of appeal.

(And I personally believe the best part is when everyones particular immediate area of appeal is satiated, cross appeal skyrockets.)

How would we even do that? I don't know how to do that but we should
Don't youtubers and such even get review copies? We just need an official Fami youtube account that does snarky game reviews and has clickbaity titles and thumbnails with someone's face going 😮

Does the (Open Spoilers) in the thread title also apply to potential leaks? Or will a new thread be made if such leaks start coming out?
I think Open Spoilers probably shouldn't refer to leaks, I think if they're discussed here they should be put in Spoiler tags

We could also make another thread though if people want to discuss spoilers more openly, but then again different people will want different amounts of spoilers, so I'd ask that any such thread still use spoiler tags

Don't youtubers and such even get review copies? We just need an official Fami youtube account that does snarky game reviews and has clickbaity titles and thumbnails with someone's face going 😮
I think some do, but a lot don't. Derrick Bitner, for example (ex-GameXplain and now GVG) is a huge Xenoblade fan and reviewed XC2 and talks about Xenoblade all the time, but he was in doubt about getting a review copy. And you'd think if anyone would, it'd be him.

Thread title should be updated to “Open spoilers for 1 & 2” because that’s what I always thought it meant

Oh god, potential copies of the game are out in the wild, and a song has leaked? I am happy reviewers will have the game for a few weeks to really go in depth of it.

Gonna have to be careful with leaks/spoilers for this! D:

And yeah, leaks and spoilers should def be their own thread.

I think some do, but a lot don't. Derrick Bitner, for example (ex-GameXplain and now GVG) is a huge Xenoblade fan and reviewed XC2 and talks about Xenoblade all the time, but he was in doubt about getting a review copy. And you'd think if anyone would, it'd be him.
Hm, you'd think GVG would be established enough to get review copies from Nintendo, I feel like there are smaller channels that have. So I guess we gotta put more work into making FamiReviews a thing than expected

I think this thread should remain open Spoilers for officially-released stuff only. Leaks should get its own thread.
We have used this thread for unintentional leaks in official information

Such as Ethel being leaked as a Hero twice now

But I agree that leaks should be probably segmented into its own thread

I've just watched snippets of this game, which they bumped up the release date several months of, and I can see why they would be so confident.

I'm a Xenoblade fan, so obvious bias is obvious. I would be excited, even if what they've shown wasn't this obviously incredible. But I haven't been impressed like THIS since the original, and X's 'check out these transforming flying mechs and giant space dinosaurs guys!!!' (before years and years and years of waiting and hanging on every bit of media ground out the glamour)

Oh, And not the originals original reveal as monado beginning of the world.... That one didn't leave much of an impression on me. The 14 minute exploration videos that kicked off operation rainfall.

This one really seems to encompass EVERYTHING people originally came to Xenoblade for again, at full steam, rather than specializing in one (World exploration) or the other (Story/character dynamics), leaving no fan feeling underserved in their particular area of appeal.

(And I personally believe the best part is when everyones particular immediate area of appeal is satiated, cross appeal skyrockets.)
no lies detected

Hm, you'd think GVG would be established enough to get review copies from Nintendo, I feel like there are smaller channels that have. So I guess we gotta put more work into making FamiReviews a thing than expected

We have used this thread for unintentional leaks in official information

Such as Ethel being leaked as a Hero twice now

But I agree that leaks should be probably segmented into its own thread
Well, that spoiler is a bit different since it was maybe technically a leak but wasn't it from the official website? I think that if your own website shows it, it's probably fair game :p.

But leaks from review copies, copies that get out into the wild somehow, etc., I'd say are a no-go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom