• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't get over 3 Van Damme's perfect pouty lips.

I can't put my finger on what it reminds me of. Maybe a Reconstruction of a Don Simpson Deconstruction of a super (stupor) jacked character?

Maybe I should try putting a beard on a pouting megaton man......

I want to play this game right now, this game is Monolith Soft at its best just by the trailers alone.

XC crawled so XC2 could walk, XC2 walked so XC3 could run…

… X was the awkward in-between phase where the kid kept falling over. :LOL:

Xenoblade Chronicles X was not only the reason why Monolith Soft Tokyo was hired for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild but the game itself was the opportunity for Monolith Soft to familiarise themselves with HD game development so that they had transferrable assets for future Xenoblade games. After all, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was built using the Xenoblade Chronicles X engine.

I want to play this game right now, this game is Monolith Soft at its best just by the trailers alone.

Xenoblade Chronicles X was not only the reason why Monolith Soft Tokyo was hired for The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild but the game itself was the opportunity for Monolith Soft to familiarise themselves with HD game development so that they had transferrable assets for future Xenoblade games. After all, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was built using the Xenoblade Chronicles X engine.
Oh definitely.

I think just as the first game was a landmark release, X was a crucial game in the studio‘s development.

The lessons they learned making X will have informed their contribution to BoTW, and seemingly what they’re trying to do with XC3.

In the same way, Torna showed them learning lessons from XC2 and DE from the original game (and XC2 to some extent).

XC3 will hopefully be the game that brings it all together. They need to find the right mixture/balance and I’ve got confidence they can achieve it.

Gem crafting confirmed (looks similar to XC1 but not quite exactly like it) and a showcase of Mio's Talent Art, which is confirmed to be that one cinematic attack we saw in the trailer (which we could've kinda already guessed)

Hope we get a translation of that page with the Gem crafting because there's a lot of text there.

Gem crafting confirmed (looks similar to XC1 but not quite exactly like it) and a showcase of Mio's Talent Art, which is confirmed to be that one cinematic attack we saw in the trailer (which we could've kinda already guessed)

Hope we get a translation of that page with the Gem crafting because there's a lot of text there.
Someone made a simple translation

FT_RQwWXEAA27jd

Seems there are two ways to create gems this time if my interpretation of the image is correct. One is by materials, the other is by consuming the so-called coins.

This is called gem crafting but seems to work like 2's aux cores, the game offers you a list of available gems you can craft and then you have to hand over the required materials. Or bribe the nopon apparently.

There are also those diamond shapes next to the items which I suspect indicate rarity, again kinda like 2.

Random 4ch leak

iu

.>Dash button
Press the L button to move around in combat faster. Mostly used for positioning, such as getting out of AoE range of enemies, or into range of allies buffs.
.>Fusion arts
Get to know your allies better to be able to change into their class. Get class EXP to learn their arts. When the arts on the left Pallet are filled, press the ZR button to bring up the fusion menu, which lets you use both arts at once. Increases Interlink level.
.>Interlink
Fuse with your partner to create a giant. Depending on Interlink level, the power will be different and certain arts get more effects at more levels

That is pretty much everything new gameplay wise. They will have a gameplay showcase on June 14th as well as the final trailer, which will explain more systems, like Riku's weapon and armor augmentation and Manana's cooking.
---
.>Riku's weapon and armor augmentation and Manana's cooking.
Figured I would just go ahead and explain these. No one will believe me anyway.
Riku is going to have a gem crafter, the portable version that got made in 1. You won't be able to do crafting like in 1, you'll instead give Riku unrefined gems and various catalysts. Riku will turn them into refined gems that you'll be able to socket into your weapons and armor to increase your stats. You'll get 3 pieces of armor, pants, chest and head, they don't change your appearance. Armor not only gives you stats such as agility, strength or more HP, but will also give you unique augments, like increased crit damage or crit heal. Essentially a combination of 1 and 2's systems.

Manana's cooking acts like 2's pouch items, but for the whole party. You can prepare a dish with 3 ingredients, they must be different. Ingredients are things like, meat, fish, plants. Buffs do things like increase your running speed, opening art damage or even damage against certain enemy types.
---
Q Are there alternate/bonus costumes and stuff? Or is the outfit tied strictly to the classes?
A Just tied to classes. I don't know if there will be any DLC like 2 to change outfits, though I can guess they might since they specifically made it 'armor' instead of accessories.

Q How do you even know this? Have I missed some reveal? If this is true it sounds awful, I had the impression that Monolith learned from their past fuckups and had an understanding of what does and doesn't work, but maybe not. If I have to grind out affinity I'll probably pick a party setup and never change it afterwards so I don't have to deal with this shit. XC3 really isn't looking like the game I was hoping it would be.
A I'll let you take a guess how I know these. It shouldn't honestly be surprising. The grind won't be as bad as you imagine. Because the entire party is 'active', every quest increases your affinity gain with everyone and h2h are still a thing. Aside from that, when you are at camp you can select 2 characters to do an activity with each other. These include things like gathering supplies, which will get you a random set of collectables from the area you are camping in as well as keeping first watch. Certain characters are better then others at the tasks, so you have to choose between being efficient and increasing your affinity.

Q Riku and Manana seem too involved to not be controllable.
With the word choices with Ouroboros pairs, it seems like you are implying we have more than three Ouroboross.
I guess some characters like Malos are able to perform Ouroboros on their own from some special circumstances or have alternatives.
A Sorry, but I'm saying that you will only have 6 controllable characters. Monolith realized that having you get your full party up front was a little silly and so they are giving you a 7th bonus character every few chapters. Valdi is the next one you get after Riku and Manana and they are in charge of your vehicles. The place where you see Valdi being attacked is a Keves dock, you are there to steal a boat to be able to get out of the Wasteland.
---
I suppose it's safe to say, not like they would be able to pick me out of the group. It was QA testing. We get like 2 hours to play the game, starting from the Wasteland. I ignored most of the stuff in there to try and advance the story as fast as I could. I was suppose to skip cutscenes, but sometimes they wouldn't be paying attention and I could watch.
---
ABOUT ARTS MAPPED TO D-PAD
Back, didn't think people would actually care. Those are "linked" arts. They are arts that you can gain by leveling up your class. The first ones you'll see are the default ones for your characters class. If you switch classes, they will be available to use. You start with only 1 slot and unlock more as you level up the class you are using. You can press the buttons on the Dpad to use the art, but they don't recharge by hitting enemies like the one on the right, they recharge with time. You can also use them together with the corresponding art on the right with the fusion button to create a fusion art. So say that Noah has leveled up Mio's class and gained Wide Slash. He can press Up on the dpad to use it and it will go on cooldown. Or he can press ZR and X, which will use let's say, Ground Beat and Wide Slash at the same time. The two arts will combine all effects. This means that not only will you evade, but both Ground Beat and Wide Slash will hit all enemies in range. Arts used in fusion combos take longer to charge, but they increase interlink levels. You can only use a Linked art from the opposite type. So circle arts, which come from Keves classes and diamond arts, which are Agnus classes.
Fusion arts are mad powerful, they allow you to do shit like inflicting Bleed on all enemies if you have an AoE art to Link to.
---
It has dips a lot, yes, but it runs smoother than I was expecting. Most of the time battles keep up just fine, which is much better then 2's constant dips down to 10fps. I would say it's pretty consistently at 30, even during big specials from the Ouroboros.
---
ABOUT LANZ
He's easy going and laid back for the most part. He tells Eunie that if the group had wanted to kill them, they would have done it in their sleep. He takes to Sena pretty fast as she's constantly challenging him to strength competitions. You see them in camp almost constantly doing things like pushups, sit ups. weight lifting. Lanz is a gentleman though and worries that Sena looks so delicate and that he's going to break her. It's hard to tell if he's feeling romantic interest in Sena, or if it's an overprotective big brother thing. Overall, he feels like Reyn 2.0.
QUICK RUNDOWN OF THE CHARACTERS' PERSONALITIES
Sure. Noah is the dependable leader. He feels competent, like he's been a soldier for a while. He is quick to delegate tasks for everyone. I guess you could say he feels like a younger Dunban.
Mio is totally the mother/big sis of the group. She's constantly looking out for everyone, but doesn't like to let others know about her problems. When Noah asks her about her diary, she quickly changes the subject. I think they want the group to be shocked about how much time she has left.
Sena is the little sis, she's overly exuberant in everything she does. Is always hanging off of Mio and wanting her attention and is always looking for ways to prove herself. If someone, like Lanz offers to carry something, she's there offering to carry that and 2 more.
Taion is a bit of an ass. He feels like Ahkos a lot, but less psycho. He's always trying to make sure everyone sticks to the plans he makes, even when the plan is no longer relevant. If you get surprised by an enemy, he will call out for a full retreat so he can make a new plan.
---
NOAH AND LANZ
Pretty bro from what I saw. Though Noah is always asking Lanz to stop babying him. Lanz's number one concern always seems to be Noah and it seems to stem from something in their past that happened, but I wasn't able to view the scene, they made me skip it. You do find out about it really early though, at the Wasteland camp before meeting up with Riku and Manana again. The two have an after battle banter about which of them did the most damage and Eunie having to get them to refocus.
---
ABOUT VEHICLES
The tutorial hints that there will be more than just the boat and lists Valdi's 'job' as pilot. I'm just assuming that there will be more. The world is pretty huge and I wouldn't doubt that they are going to give us an airship of some kind. 2 was originally supposed to have an airship for getting around to the various Titans, but they dropped it in early dev. So I think most of the dropped ideas are making a return.
---
ABOUT THE WORLD
It feels like X, there are no loading screens, but you'll be constantly moved around by cutscenes. There are tons of fast travel points because a lot of them are camp sites. You'll want to keep a look out for them, because camping gets you a lot of cool stuff, like a free way to gather up materials from gathering points. It is also the only place where Manana can cook.
---
PERSONAL OPINION ON COMBAT
VERY good, the best in the series. You move so fast and the fusion arts open up so many combinations.
---
So this leak seems to be true?

So this leak seems to be true?
They are just regurgitating what’s been speculated and analyzed. There’s a lot of confirmation biased going on here.

The campsite was leaked on the Japanese website way before the official tweet. Gem crafting were theorized in many other videos because we know Manana cooks. And we know costumes aren’t tied to classes, that 4Chan post was made right before we got confirmation on Twitter about it. He got that completey wrong. His assumption was based on the initial reveal information.

Also how would a QA tester know about a new trailer date? The only somewhat plausible 4chan leak is this one:

FTanq--VUAAVG4S

Last edited:
It missed so many things by now: changing characters in combat, field skills returning (this one he was directly asked about), Heroes having their own class, main characters being able to use arts from Heroes, the fact they are officially called Heroes is also an odd detail to forget when you consider he supposedly got 3 of them, jackets not being tied to classes...

Riku being related to gem crafting was something speculated since the second character chart was posted. The process described by the 'leak' (using 'unrefined' gems) is also different from what we see here (delivering materials like aux cores in 2), nopon coins weren't mentioned either.

It also said it would work like the portable version you got from a sidequest in 1 (accesible anywhere from the menu) but this tweet explicitly says you can only do this at camp sites.

Edit: Just in case I'm going to post another part from that 'leak' that is obviously bullshit by now:

Using an art from another classes imply using an art from another weapon.
Does using an d pad art summon that weapon during the animation ?
No, it uses your currently equipped weapon. There are no interesting animations, aside from maybe Air Slash's beam coming out of Taion's Katashiro.

Last edited:
Try talking about XC2 on Era, it’ll take years off your life! But no need to apologise, no harm done.

The wider Xenoblade community is a fragmented family. There’s… passionate fans on all sides.

I will continue to champion all the games and - a couple of tongue in cheek gags aside - don’t ever feel the need to put one game down to lift up another.

I like posting here because we’ve not got posters crudely tearing lumps out of the games they like less and getting into arguments. It’s nice and chill.
and even then, XC2 is almost tied with XC1 in the best xenoblade polls. I guess XC2 haters are just too loud.

Was never a big fan of gem crafting Just seemed very cumbersome and convoluted compared to simply finding gems or receiving them in quests, chests, or battles

I'm guessing the blue Nopon coins are for Manana, which would suggest that you can also make food without necessarily having the ingredients on hand.

The way the UI is setup seems to imply there are only 20 different gem effects to craft. That can't be the case, curious to see more of this system. Cooking got two posts so hopefully gem crafting gets another one next.

Taion also seems to be crafting by himself. Cooking made it look like two characters do it together to get affinity. I suppose Taion's just getting affinity with Riku.

The nopon coins are reminding me of reward tickets from X.

edit: I'm going to make a prediction that you get gold nopon coins from beating uniques and silver coins from beating elites.

edit 2: Saw a theory on reddit that these 20 effects are only the base effects and you could potentially fuse base gems for a greater variety of effects. That would be very cool. Orb crafting in Soma Bringer works kind of like that so there's precedence for it.

Last edited:
I wish they shoved the diamond combat buttons more towards the edges of the screen. Even when considering space for the arte names they be sticking out too much for my liking

I wish they shoved the diamond combat buttons more towards the edges of the screen. Even when considering space for the arte names they be sticking out too much for my liking
I thought this as well when I first saw the battle UI. It seems they need to be closer to the center though because they want left arts and right arts to exchange strands of energy when both are charged to show a fusion is available. I think the fusion mechanic is also why there's so little variety in art icons.

Another Luxin video, he seems to be doing these weekly.

This does point out something interesting I hadn't seen mentioned before. In the Zephyr class tweet from two weeks ago, Mio's left side arts seem to come from two different classes (she has one of Lanz's Class arts we've heard before and something that seems to translate to "Ether Cannon", which definitely does not sound like a Lanz art). A similar thing happens in Noah's Talent Art clip, where he has arts from what seem to be two different classes. Which seems to confirm that we're not stuck to one class for left side arts

That's a mistranlation.
Someone did a better one
FUEXpgTXwAIvrDX

Oh wow, I don't trust Twitter's translator but DeepL tends to be more reliable. I guess not this time. It makes sense they wouldn't reveal such a spoiler through a random twitter post, though. At the same time it wouldn't surprise me either if the mistranslation ended up being correct,
considering Shulk and Rex died at some point

Thank you!!

Oh wow, I don't trust Twitter's translator but DeepL tends to be more reliable. I guess not this time. It makes sense they wouldn't reveal such a spoiler through a random twitter post, though. At the same time it wouldn't surprise me either if the mistranslation ended up being correct,
considering Shulk and Rex died at some point

Thank you!!

DeepL actually translates it as:

Noah is a mourner for soldiers who lost their lives on the battlefield. He is highly empathetic due to the experience he has gained from the lives he has taken, and even though he is in danger of sympathizing with even his enemies, he seems to be trusted as a dependable leader by his friends.

DeepL actually translates it as:

Noah is a mourner for soldiers who lost their lives on the battlefield. He is highly empathetic due to the experience he has gained from the lives he has taken, and even though he is in danger of sympathizing with even his enemies, he seems to be trusted as a dependable leader by his friends.

Hmm, that's funny. I translated it to Spanish, my mother tongue, and it started with the equivalent to "Noah is a deceased soldier", and then insisted with a "he's very empathetic due to his previous experience giving his life..." so it looked very clear to me, lol. Thank you! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom