• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Xenoblade Chronicles 3: Pre-release Discussion Thread (Spoilers from leaks/early copies NOT allowed)

Which side are you on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d rather them not don’t do that, it could open the possibility to get 24+ hours missions lol
Yeah... I'd rather they just ditch them altogether along with the gacha. They're both typical features of mobile games that don't really have a place in a console game.

The gatcha made XC2 more popular, I don't know how intentional it was but it makes for great streamer content. I was watching Elira Pendora stream XC2 and one of the most hype moments of the stream was the first rare blade pull.

I genuinely think the gacha helped make Xenoblade 2 take off. It really did lead to a lot of hype moments and excellent LP/livestream content.

I like how the gacha and driver-blade system is something you could build an entire series around but for Xenoblade it's just the character-building mechanic of just one specific entry. It's what makes diving into the mechanics of each new entry so exciting.

I absolutely loved the gacha mechanic.
Having a very unique party composition for my entire playthrough, and knowing my experience would be very different on a second run through? Good, very good.

It might help that Kos-Mos was literally the third blade I pulled.
(but she's overhyped! ether cannons are no fun to play as)

XC crawled so XC2 could walk, XC2 walked so XC3 could run…

… X was the awkward in-between phase where the kid kept falling over. :LOL:
Building one of the most impressive open worlds in gaming with deep customization options that allow for enough variety of character builds to make Diablo 2 blush is pretty damn impressive for a kid that keeps falling over.

In all seriousness, X is a wonderful game - with flaws just like the others.

But it’s a game that appeared on the wrong hardware and a game fans didn’t expect… or, arguably, didn’t really want.

I'm sorry for jumping on your post, I didn't mean to be a buzzkill. You've got to admit X gets a weird amount of smack talk though.
Try talking about XC2 on Era, it’ll take years off your life! But no need to apologise, no harm done.

The wider Xenoblade community is a fragmented family. There’s… passionate fans on all sides.

I will continue to champion all the games and - a couple of tongue in cheek gags aside - don’t ever feel the need to put one game down to lift up another.

I like posting here because we’ve not got posters crudely tearing lumps out of the games they like less and getting into arguments. It’s nice and chill.

I like posting here because we’ve not got posters crudely tearing lumps out of the games they like less and getting into arguments. It’s nice and chill.
This is exactly why I've only posted my Xenoblade theories here and not on Era. I'm very anti-drama, and have no interest in arguments (Discussing disagreements is fine though, of course. But heated debates just aren't my thing). It's been very nice to post some wacky ideas and not have people attempt to crucify you for them XD At the end of the day, it's just me having fun with sharing my speculation with others.

And yeah, Xeno X isn't a perfect game. There's literally not a single game I would call perfect. Most/all of the criticisms I've seen for all the Xenoblade games are honestly true, I think. I still like them all though, although I like some more than others.

Yeah... I'd rather they just ditch them altogether along with the gacha. They're both typical features of mobile games that don't really have a place in a console game.
The Blade system was ok for me (it was a bit frustrating getting some rare ones with the very low rate but it offered a somewhat different experience each new time you start a new game file). And I loved each rare Blade having its own h2h/missions (some were very tedious to complete its affinity chart though).

I also didn’t mind too much the merch missions running in the background while I play the main story but I’d love a better/faster way filtering types/weapons/traits/etc for each mission… so it’s ok for me if it comes back with some QOL improvements… but not anything that could increase the completion time like them running when the game’s off.

Don't know if it's been pointed out, but Lanz is using Manana's shield to cook with.

Which came first - the shield or the cooking dish? :unsure:

FS3KwrbVIAETo5D

FTqn_8MakAEniDh

Don't know if it's been pointed out, but Lanz is using Manana's shield to cook with.

Which came first - the shield or the cooking dish? :unsure:

FS3KwrbVIAETo5D

FTqn_8MakAEniDh
The cooking dish, she's a chef by training

Also I think the Japanese relationship chart alluded to her riding on a pot lid which fits that one cutscene from the trailer

The Blade system was ok for me (it was a bit frustrating getting some rare ones with the very low rate but it offered a somewhat different experience each new time you start a new game file). And I loved each rare Blade having its own h2h/missions (some were very tedious to complete its affinity chart though).

I also didn’t mind too much the merch missions running in the background while I play the main story but I’d love a better/faster way filtering types/weapons/traits/etc for each mission… so it’s ok for me if it comes back with some QOL improvements… but not anything that could increase the completion time like them running when the game’s off.
They could just not increase the completion time too, even with allowing them to complete with the game off. 😅

But I'd rather a different approach for the Heroes, since I'm sure they'll be the ones with their own quests this time around.

They could just not increase the completion time too, even with allowing them to complete with the game off. 😅

But I'd rather a different approach for the Heroes, since I'm sure they'll be the ones with their own quests this time around.
I believe they would increase the time to compensate the fact that they’re running in real time with the game off, or the system wouldn’t make much sense to begin with IMO… but who knows…

I agree with your second point, as I guess there won’t be a great amount of Heores compared to rare Blades… maybe they’ll add more with future DLC? Some optional characters that are not part of the main story or some difficult to obtain ala Vincent, or some for the NG+… they love to fill the game with optional content…

*drools

No more quick time events?:unsure:

And the budgets are going to these extra character cooking/eating/conversation scenes I fear. Three houses monastery are shaking.

Last edited:

You can see Sena change to a shield and a weapon (can't see clearly what it is) to perform an art that I think inflicts break and then immediately switch back to her hammer.

Edit: Looking at it frame by frame they are obviously Riku and Manana's weapons, as far as I can see the only difference is Manana's shield having a clock in the middle.

2nd edit: the text in the screenshot of the other tweet simply says Manana has learned to cook a new dish

Last edited:
Xenoblade X if it didn't force you to bring Elma and Lin Lee to nearly every important quest
Talking about this, I hope they allow Elma and Lin to change classes like Cross in a XCX remaster. That would be a decent compromise between letting us chose our party and not having some party members completely missing in cutscenes (which I imagine is the reason we can't bench party members).

Honestly, I'd be fine if XCX just had some kind of leaked Exp. for unused party members. It makes sense that Elma and Lin are forced for the story, but it means you have to focus on leveling them to keep progressing, so you don't have as much room to play around with the other 15 until the postgame, and by that point anyone you haven't used is going to be too far behind to even think about postgame stuff until you grind them up.
The cooking dish, she's a chef by training

Also I think the Japanese relationship chart alluded to her riding on a pot lid which fits that one cutscene from the trailer
Nothing improves a dish quite like the delicious taste of Nopon feet

You can see Sena change to a shield and a weapon (can't see clearly what it is) to perform an art that I think inflicts break and then immediately switch back to her hammer.

Edit: Looking at it frame by frame they are obviously Riku and Manana's weapons, as far as I can see the only difference is Manana's shield having a clock in the middle.

2nd edit: the text in the screenshot of the other tweet simply says Manana has learned to cook a new dish

So it looks like you can unlock Heroes’ classes after all then. Great news!

Great to see! Confirms a few things. Left side arts do make you swap to the appropriate weapon, you can learn hero classes, and the nopons are even included in that despite not using Blades. This would also imply yumsmith arts are circle arts.

At the end of the clip, someone grants Evasion Up to the entire party as an actual buff - not a field ring effect. That's another art we haven't seen before. I think Eunie casts it. Sena also seems to have that aura effect I mention many pages ago now.

It also looks like the area with really green grass (which I think is separate from Millick Meadows) leads into Maktha. The green grass area uses the second battle theme as well unless they just crossed the threshold into Maktha.

edit: Actually, going through it frame by frame myself, are you sure it isn't Zeon's sword and shield? The shield is black instead of white like Manana's wok and has an ouroboros symbol on it. The weapon does look like Riku's though so I don't know.

Last edited:
edit: Actually, going through it frame by frame myself, are you sure it isn't Zeon's sword and shield? The shield is black instead of white like Manana's wok and has an ouroboros symbol on it. The weapon does look like Riku's though so I don't know.
Yes, the patterned design on the border for example is exactly the same and as I said the clock replacing the symbol in the middle is the only difference I could appreciate. The color I chalk it up to lighting.

Yeah and I forgot to mention the most telltale sign: the short ether lines on the pattern are yellow, indicating the weapon to be Agnian

By the way, right as the clip starts you can see Eunie finish performing an art with Taion's weapon

I wonder if my theory that the yumsmith class has both circle and diamonds arts will hold true. It would make sense so they have something to offer both Keves and Agnus classes. We haven't seen any Agnus heroes yet have we? I guess that makes sense if you spend the first 20-ish levels in Keves territory.

So far we've just got:
Riku + Manana - Attacker - Torch and Wok
Zeon - Defender - Sword and Shield
Valdi - Support - Ether Cannon looking thing

I'm not missing anyone am I? The green-haired gormotti's probably a hero. You seem to meet them in Maktha but their armor doesn't exactly look Agnian.

I wonder if my theory that the yumsmith class has both circle and diamonds arts will hold true. It would make sense so they have something to offer both Keves and Agnus classes. We haven't seen any Agnus heroes yet have we? I guess that makes sense if you spend the first 20-ish levels in Keves territory.

So far we've just got:
Riku + Manana - Attacker - Torch and Wok
Zeon - Defender - Sword and Shield
Valdi - Support - Ether Cannon looking thing

I'm not missing anyone am I? The green-haired gormotti's probably a hero. You seem to meet them in Maktha but their armor doesn't exactly look Agnian.
Yeah I think the Gormotti is probably a Hero, and while they might not be Agnian they'll probably have diamond arts as a XC2 race. It is weird that we've seen so many more Keves Heroes

I do like your theory of Yumsmith having both types of arts. It would fit well for the first hero class

I believe people are simply overthinking green girl. She's gormotti, she wears Japanese inspired clothes, she wears white in addition to the red. Characters like Ethel already prove they don't have to go all-in on the monochrome motif. She's probably from Agnus.

Edit: and her weapon has yellow ether lines as well

Last edited:
Xenoblade X if it didn't force you to bring Elma and Lin Lee to nearly every important quest

future.jpg

No that’s XCX is the exp was shared to party members not in the team too AND if the game didn’t lock you into story quests.

And actually another 30 different, completely absurd design choice.

Here I go being shit at blackout again .... Can't even wait 1 more month lol.

Another day another party member in a tanktop.

Thank you Monolith Soft.

Fuck. Yes. My entire party in X was a range between Greasers in tank tops or leather jackets, or special agents like MiB (Lin was in full all business no nonsense fed agent pantsuit..... With the goofy heart glasses. Loved it).

The time was literally ticking down to extinction, and the squad of the best of the best, humanities last hope...... Was off farting around on BS missions to get collector edition tank tops, jeans, jackets, and sunglasses.

More of this for the love of everything please.

I believe people are simply overthinking green girl. She's gormotti, she wears Japanese inspired clothes, she wears white in addition to the red. Characters like Ethel already prove they don't have to go all-in on the monochrome motif. She's probably from Agnus.

Edit: and her weapon has yellow ether lines as well
Perhaps, but the main thing that stuck out to me more than the colors was that trinity symbol on their armor. Does anyone else in Agnus have that? I guess it could denote a specific position in the Agnus army.

I don't really see the idea of additional or even secret factions being that far-fetched. Stories are meant to surprise us, surely we haven't already seen everything of how the world works before release. Vandham already proves that people exist outside the Black vs White.

I’m now much more excited to see Valdi’s arts in action if they’ll let us make use of any Mechon.
One of their arts seems to be a Defense Up field ring effect in the screenshot on the Japanese website. The kanji there says Defense instead of Attack like Eunie or evasion like Taion. Unfortunately, I forgot to include it when I made my status effect chart a few weeks ago.

img_ca3_1.jpg

One of their arts seems to be a Defense Up field ring effect in the screenshot on the Japanese website. The kanji there says Defense instead of Attack like Eunie or evasion like Taion. Unfortunately, I forgot to include it when I made my status effect chart a few weeks ago.

Oh, I hadn't seen this screenshot before. Nice to actually be able to see Valdi in the party, unlike the trailer, haha.

Everything seems to be very symmetrical in this game, so is it weird to anyone else that Ethel is the only Keves commander we’ve seen, whereas Agnus has both Cammuravi and Isurd?

Wonder if they’re hiding another significant character on Keves side

Everything seems to be very symmetrical in this game, so is it weird to anyone else that Ethel is the only Keves commander we’ve seen, whereas Agnus has both Cammuravi and Isurd?

Wonder if they’re hiding another significant character on Keves side

There is this character who's hanging out with Ethel:

cYatqSG.png

I don't really see the idea of additional or even secret factions being that far-fetched. Stories are meant to surprise us, surely we haven't already seen everything of how the world works before release. Vandham already proves that people exist outside the Black vs White.
Vandham isn't really the same as the green girl. He is a true anomaly. He looks like a character from 2 but wears western clothing. He doesn't wear any white and just the tiniest bit of black. The only device he's seen using has green ether lines that don't match up with either nation. The mech at the end of the second trailer (presumably his) doesn't resemble the mechs of either nation.

Meanwhile other than a couple idosyncrasies with her clothing the green girl matches up with Agnus. The symbol could very well be something else, like her colony's symbol, you can also see Cammuravi and Isurd having different symbols on their chests. Diamond shapes aren't exactly rare in Agnus either, Nia has an ornament with them (much like she did in 2) and Cammuravi's symbol has them too.

I'm not saying other factions don't exist but the green girl honestly just comes across as "from Agnus" to me. Always has.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom