• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Xenoblade Chronicles 3 Direct announced for June 22nd (broadcast over, Expansion Pass confirmed, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit weird there are maybe +14 hours of cutscenes but you skip everything because two or three minutes of “anime cringe”… sigh…to each its own I suppose.

Anyway, on topic, maybe we can make a thread without spoilers for XC3 after this direct? I want to keep discussing the game but I won’t watch anything else until I play the actual game…
I watched maybe 8 of those and they didn't grab me, but anime cringe was the nail where I went "why am I not doing the fun part of playing the game?". Like yeah, the "funny" O_O faces are a pet-peeve and I prefer my humor to be without manga-like final reaction shot, but everything else also played a part.
Feel like voice acting was weird and Xenoblade 1 was more down-to-earth. Replaying it recently, sure, it's not the best story of all time, and it does get a bit too twisty towards the end, but I've enjoyed the characters much more, even if you can dress them up in costumes that are about as weird as some of the... Blades, was that what they were called?

So excited! Last minute prediction: there will be a mini-game based around the flutes like Rex had for salvaging.

I am calling it, we get a pro controller or a oled special edition. Maybe even both.

This series look so ambitious, I will take a look at gameplay of this one. I vaguely know some details of the gameplay of the previous ones like auto-attacking and being position-focused, seems interesting but never got to play them

Last edited:
so that was a story trailer, right? not sure how they can show another story trailer in the direct

The first trailer sure was animes yelling and now it feels like they're getting into the "I may not want to know this if I want to play this" territory?
I guess it's kinda hard to showcase a jRPG

yeah same, too spoilery. i'm out.

edit: i feel like they spoiled the first 10 hours of the game.

I really like Mio's voice. And my Lanz-crush has returned with a vengeance.

Character models look great.

Not too spoilery. Touching on the themes and surface of the plot.

Anyway, Sena is best girl so far!

Ok I might be sold. It looks cozy and the characters sound nice! Please please please be good.

I'm just here in this thread to say I'm hyped for this game, can't wait to play it.

But I'm not watching the Direct, and I'm going to try to avoid anything related to the game until I'm playing it (which might not even be at launch, since I still need to beat 2 and Future Connected).

Dammit, why does the spunky character always have to have the American accent?

the locations do seem a bit too similar to XB1's, which probably again means that Territorial Rotbart or whatever the fuck his name was will jumpscare me in the first open world area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom