• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Xeno Series Community |ST|

Question for people who played X - would you be satisfied if monolith made a remaster or would you rather get a remake of that game? I haven't played the game myself, but I've read mixed things about it. Controllable mechs are the main selling point for me, but there's supposedly not much focus on story and there are a lot of fetch quests. I wonder what will monolith do next. I would love they explored the idea of playable mechs, but Im not sure I want X in current state (I'd buy it day one anyway :ROFLMAO: )
I'd take a straight port tbh just to have it on another platform, but if we end up waiting 2-3 more years I'd prefer an enhanced edition with extra content (XC2/3 outfits and themed Skells) and QoL changes

Where’s the official soundtrack of XB3 I can buy 😭
I think they are waiting for the DLC to release at this point, wouldn't expect it until a few months after Wave 4's expansion.

I'd take a straight port tbh just to have it on another platform, but if we end up waiting 2-3 more years I'd prefer an enhanced edition with extra content (XC2/3 outfits and themed Skells) and QoL changes

I think they are waiting for the DLC to release at this point, wouldn't expect it until a few months after Wave 4's expansion.
Probably.

But Xenoblade 2 did have 2 soundtrack releases digitally. For torna and base game itself. Was thinking they do the same

Probably.

But Xenoblade 2 did have 2 soundtrack releases digitally. For torna and base game itself. Was thinking they do the same
I assumed they would follow XC2's release schedule as well but it's been 8 months at this point, whereas XC2's soundtrack was released I think 5 or so months. I also can't remember but I believe Mitsuda said they were thinking about how to distribute XC3's soundtrack and that it may take a while.

Question for people who played X - would you be satisfied if monolith made a remaster or would you rather get a remake of that game? I haven't played the game myself, but I've read mixed things about it. Controllable mechs are the main selling point for me, but there's supposedly not much focus on story and there are a lot of fetch quests. I wonder what will monolith do next. I would love they explored the idea of playable mechs, but Im not sure I want X in current state (I'd buy it day one anyway :ROFLMAO: )
It doesn't need a full remake, but it could definitely benefit from some improvements and streamlining here and there like better tutorials, leaked experience for members not in the party, as well as possibly faster leveling in general, lowering prices, making affinity increase more quickly, etc. I loved the game, and I love it more each time I go back to it, but I did stumble through a lot of my first playthrough due to not understanding how a lot of mechanics worked, or hitting progression walls because of suddenly needing a character to be above a certain affinity threshold or otherwise being underleveled/underequipped.

The fetch quests really aren't any worse than any other open world game; you can largely ignore them and do much more compelling and story-driven quests by just walking around New LA to find quests instead of going to the mission board (and this is another thing that the game would benefit from explaining clearly, since it seems a lot of people missed this aspect). While it would be a loss to lose the map on the gamepad, I do think that a remaster that just irons out a few kinks would make the game that much more appealing to a larger audience.

I don’t think I’ll ever really be interested in an X rerelease unless they somehow find a way to meaningfully connect it to the larger narrative from the numbered Xenoblade games.

However, I feel like if they did that it would make everyone who loves X angry though so….idk

I hope the DLC gets a physical release too, though I have doubts it will - not based on anything, just a feeling.

The leaks suggest it’s probably going to be beefy enough to stand on its own.

Hope we see more soon. Eight months since the game released and we’ve seen 21 seconds. lol

Fingers crossed.

I'd be more than happy with a basic remaster and some added content. Which is what I think we will get for the Switch 2. There's no way this gets left behind on the Wii U. I really want to play through it again, but I'm hoping this happens.

The sidequests are the meat of the story and do and awesome job adding to the main story. The main story isn't even bad. It's just as intriguing as any other Xeno game, just incomplete.

XCX doesn't really need a sequel because it potentially already could be one, considering what we know about

Xenoblade 3 and the complete destruction of the universe. XCX could very well take place in a "new" universe reborn from the collapse of 1 and 2's worlds. Or something close to that.

I'd be more than happy with a basic remaster and some added content. Which is what I think we will get for the Switch 2. There's no way this gets left behind on the Wii U. I really want to play through it again, but I'm hoping this happens.

The sidequests are the meat of the story and do and awesome job adding to the main story. The main story isn't even bad. It's just as intriguing as any other Xeno game, just incomplete.

XCX doesn't really need a sequel because it potentially already could be one, considering what we know about

Xenoblade 3 and the complete destruction of the universe. XCX could very well take place in a "new" universe reborn from the collapse of 1 and 2's worlds. Or something close to that.
It's possible there's some sort of connection like that, and I've thought that in the past, but there's a few specific details that make me think something more complicated is probably going on.

It is strongly suggested that Nopon actually don't exist in the X universe outside of whatever isolated space Mira exists in. The history of the Xenoblade games probably contributes to Mira, but the rest of the universe seems to be largely unrelated aside from a few things here and there that went through rifts. I've come around to the view that the Samaarians are probably from elsewhere (possibly Xenosaga, with those ship designs).

I dont think they will make straight up port. Id bet money that they'll at least make models more anime like xb definitive

I would be happy with a simple port/remaster with little changes of X. I don't think they'll make another game that looks, sounds and is structured/designed like X again (all that are reasons that make it my favorite one), so I would appreciate it if they keep it as it is in a re-release.

Doesn't need a remake, needs a sequel although I'm pretty sure they just incorporated stuff they were planning on doing with X into XC3 (and possible future titles).
Yes, I got that nagging feeling too. Like for example

Like how the consuls' armor looks almost the same as the black knight's armor but with different colors and no wacky helmets. Even the weird purple core on the chest. Plus considering the circumstances in which we saw the mysterious black knight (meeting a recently deceased person), and the nature of human life in Mira, it makes me suspect he had a similar role to the consuls.

Among other things. It makes me wonder how many of their unexplored concepts for X got incorporated into mainline through 3 and if so, what could they plan for a X sequel now.

Just started Torna and, holy shit, this battle theme

4xm3kw.png

Also is it just me or does the game look noticeably better than the base 2?

While the engine was very much the same, they clearly spend some time on the image quality, base 2 suffers greatly underneath those sharpening filters.
They seriously learned an important lesson from that for 3, which (with the slight shimmering) looks amazing.

There'd be something kinda fun about having a ship with "New Los Angeles" and the American flag printed on it, landing on a planet and a bunch of people with British accents coming out.
They just never bothered dumping all that tea in the sea.

There'd be something kinda fun about having a ship with "New Los Angeles" and the American flag printed on it, landing on a planet and a bunch of people with British accents coming out.
Yeah, I know. But it feels less "wrong" for me than Americans in a Xenoblade game calling the Nopons Nowpons in some weird way.

Also while Torna looks noticeably better than 2 and runs better most of the time when you start doing big combos it has worse slowdown than base 2. Much worse in fact.

Last edited:
Just finished building and painting this:
3f581306-fb34-4c44-a0wf5l.jpeg
d3b5e424-3e30-4fc1-b4hdff.jpeg

d1769ff4-50ec-4179-bincrf.jpeg

Got a set of replacement wings and the (unassembled) stand from Etsy, the original wings were just 2D printed onto a flat piece of clear plastic, these ones are individual 3D-printed. Went with a fluorescent paint for the wings and detailing so it glows amazingly when hit with a black light.

Was so happy with how it came out that I’ve got a second kit on the way, to paint up in black, gold and purple. Malos needs a ride, after all.

‘Another guest at the party!’

Love the mech designs in XC2. Looks like a job well done!

They need to release a giant kit for Aion.

Thanks!

I’m not sure Aion’s actually any bigger than Siren, that’s something I didn’t realise until building that kit. See the teeny tiny little core crystal in Siren’s chest above? That’s where Mythra and Malos enter their artifices. Standing up. With room to spare. They are huge.

I’d love kits for the crew’s Ouroboros forms, although given their semi-organic appearance maybe static figures would be more suitable than articulated plastic kits.

Let's hope. I've wanted to replay this so badly for so long.

While Gears has a overwhelming dump of information, terms, characters and I find it at times to be seriously bordering on the line of pretentious. Saga just decided to go full in on the ridiculousness and this combined with KOS-MOS being Lady Magdalene had me in genuine tears. This shit was outright ridiculous and I couldn't take it seriously whatsoever.

Just finished building and painting this:
3f581306-fb34-4c44-a0wf5l.jpeg
d3b5e424-3e30-4fc1-b4hdff.jpeg

d1769ff4-50ec-4179-bincrf.jpeg

Got a set of replacement wings and the (unassembled) stand from Etsy, the original wings were just 2D printed onto a flat piece of clear plastic, these ones are individual 3D-printed. Went with a fluorescent paint for the wings and detailing so it glows amazingly when hit with a black light.

Was so happy with how it came out that I’ve got a second kit on the way, to paint up in black, gold and purple. Malos needs a ride, after all.
757e8ca0-aacd-4929-9853-b71ca3f26a10_text.gif

Inspecting the famous radio in more detail with camera tools reveals yet anoter fun detail:

flWQOqM.png

The frequency numbers are the original release year of each main Xeno game, not including rereleases, spin-offs and DLC.

1998: Xenogears
2002: Xenosaga 1
2004: Xenosaga 2
2006: Xenosaga 3
2010: Xenoblade 1
2015: Xenoblade X
2017: Xenoblade 2
2022: Xenoblade 3

Inspecting the famous radio in more detail with camera tools reveals yet anoter fun detail:

flWQOqM.png

The frequency numbers are the original release year of each main Xeno game, not including rereleases, spin-offs and DLC.

the most Xenoblade X acknowledgement gotten in years. whatever crumbs we can get

After replaying the opening hours of xenosaga 1 the other day, I realized my most wanted reason for a remaster is just to see if they keep the in-game emails advertising other namco games. It also hit me how this game has a slight kitschy y2k vibe going on, it's kind of charming having an email system and downloading email attachments.

flWQOqM.png

That has to one of hte clerverest easter eggs in a video game.

My dad's watching some old western movie and John Wayne just mentioned "New Jerusalem" and I was like 👀

Figured I’d cross post this from ERA but I've been digging back into Xeno 3. Dang there's so many satisfying exploration moments I missed.

Finding secret areas like the Cotte Fountainhead, exploring Lower Maktha Wildwood and finding the Cavern of Oblivion and the elevator leading back up to Colony Tau, going back to the city and finding the Cavity, I haven't even been back to Erythia Sea yet since I jumped back in, already combed over that area once in post game because I love it but I still feel like I'm missing stuff.

Still have quite a few Ascension quests and tons of side quests to do too. Biggest flaw when it comes to that is that… yeah I still don't know how they expected people to handle over leveling. There's absolutely no way you can stumble on these side quests, so them and not be overleveled for the main story. There's SO MANY. It's nice that they give you the option to level down, but I really don't wanna do that for every small sidequest. It makes me anxious to voluntarily "give up" exp I earned despite that I can easily get it back lol. So basically for those it's just coming down to playing them for the world and story. Think I still may level down for the ascension quests I have though.

Over a year later and I still can’t praise the hero system enough. The game gets to have its cake and eat it too with an extremely fleshed out party who all get together in the beginning of the game, but the heroes still capture that classic JRPG feeling of coming across quirky and diverse party members as you travel. The main party is probably the most fleshed out JRPG party I’ve ever experienced, and even the heroes feel like they all get their time to shine and a fair share of development. Just entire optional quest chains focused on them.

And I haven't even dived into base game expansion pass additions like the land of challenge. It's fucking insane what a behemoth of a game this is, and then you throw in Future Redeemed on top and it's almost laughable what a great package it is. It's definitely become the defining modern JRPG for me. Last years GOTY I had it 3rd behind Bayonetta 3 and Elden Ring but I think I'd put it above those now, it's aged extremely well for me.

I cannot fucking wait to see what Monolith does on the next hardware. They are one of the most exciting developers to follow.

My dad's watching some old western movie and John Wayne just mentioned "New Jerusalem" and I was like 👀
"The city of "YHWH Shamma," (cf. Ezek 48:35) the new Jerusalem, will be the gathering point of the world's nations, and will serve as the capital of the renewed Kingdom of Israel. Ezekiel prophesied that this city will have 12 gates, one gate for each of the tribes of Israel. "

"The twelve sons form the basis for the twelve tribes of Israel, listed in the order from oldest to youngest: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, and Benjamin."

ElwXA8N.png

MSbOtaB.png
OcrTWC4.png

dGiEhjb.png

V4VJ8hY.jpg

zRQEdl4.jpg

jeylD0Y.png

Also, where's the Xenoblade 3 art book? This is the longest it's ever taken for a Xeno art book to be announced.

Maybe they're waiting for the amiibo update in January?

KOS-MOS lives!

She's getting a new cameo in whatever this Tale of mobile game is!

I've compiled a list of all the games KOS-MOS has officially made an appearance in some form.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Venus and Braves: The Witch and the Goddess and the Prophecy of Destruction (2003)

Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean (2003)

Namco X Capcom (2005)

Soul Calibur III (2005)

Tales of the World: Narikiri Dungeon 3 (2005)

Tales of Abyss (2005)

Baten Kaitos Origins (2006) - UNOFFICIAL REFERENCE

Famista Online (2006)

Famista DS (2007)

Tales of Destiny: Directors Cut (2008)

Tales of Hearts (2008)

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier (2008)

Tales of Vesperia (2010)

Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier EXCEED (2010)

Pro Baseball Famista (2011)

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's Portable: The Gears of Destiny (2011)

Project X Zone (2012)

Famista Dream Match (2014)

Lost Reavers (2015) - CANCELLED

Project X Zone 2: Brave New World (2015)

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (2018)

Tales of Arise (2021)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure there's more, but this is what I've found so far.

Last edited:
Copying the Square strategy of putting the characters in gacha but not rereleasing the games, bold.

Will she have better rates than Xenoblade 2 at least?

KOS-MOS officially revealed for Tales of the Rays, alongside T-elos, chaos, and MOMO costumes.

This is a very appropriate Christmas present.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom