• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase on June 12 at 10 am PT, 6 pm BST [Update: Xbox Games Showcase Extended at 10AM PT, 6PM BST]

Pretty decent, overall fairly happy with this. Starfield, the Team Ninja Game, Persona, and Forza were the standouts.

This was really good overall, just didn't have much that interests me personally. Lots of service games that I probably won't play for more than a few hours but this is where Game Pass comes in. Only interested in Wo Long and Cocoon (and obviously Silksong) right now.

I didn't enjoy the conference whatsoever because they didn't have things that interest me but they definitely brought games. 7/10 for me.

It's interesting seeing how graphically behind all of Xbox's studios are. Besides Forza, nothing really holds a candle to how a lot of Sony's game look, it's especially shocking since Sony's heavy hitters are a generation behind.

When their artstyle are unique, it's not as much of an issue. However, whenever realism comes into play, yikes, the humans especially look quite off compared to all of Sony's stuff.

Decent show. Not necessarily a ton there that got me hype, but since much of it is going to be on Game Pass I suppose it'll be stuff I can try whenever really.

Yeah that was a really good show. Great for the Xbox ecosystem I think. Happy for them. In their lane. Vibing.

I'll give it a 2023/10

Seriously - it's so hard to get truly excited when so many games are coming "next year." Especially when next year is looking to be so ridiculously packed that I likely won't have much time to 'enjoy' most of them. Even most of the 2022 games are late 2022 games, with even the Persona ports only starting at that date, the rest coming in... 2023...

Starfield looked pretty good, but the scale of the game worries me more than it excited. Forza will hopefully be the sim-cade racer I'm looking for after GT7 shat the bed with microtransactions - but, again, "2023." Plague Tale looked amazing, and I'll likely check out some of the smaller indie titles as well. Redfall just doesn't look like my thing at all, unfortunately, and neither does Diablo IV with its new focus on MMO elements. Having Kojima here and then not even giving a brief teaser trailer was so weird as well.

Overall it just always seems like Microsoft is going to have "the big one next year." I genuinely wonder how long they can keep that going. This was a really good show on paper but I can't help but wonder what this now-massive gaming conglomerate is doing. If I had to give it an actual number, I'd go with 6/10.

I thought it was decent, nothing huge or surprising but I thought Redfall looked fun (I like Arkane but don't have an xbox 😩) and both Cocoon and Benedict Fox stood out

Pretty solid showcase with a nice amount of variety. Both my most anticipated announcements (Silksong and the Persona games) have some caveats to them that are preventing me from getting too hyped (Silksong still doesn't have even a release window beyond "in the next year", and Persona hasn't been announced for anything outside of XBox and Windows PC, not even Steam). But still, really good showcase.

Starfield seems pretty interesting actually even for someone who wasn't a huge fan of Skyrim, the only other Bethesda RPG I've played.

Entertaining show, solid B from me.. Well paced, varied, lots of gameplay. But as a PS5 and Switch owner nothing convinced me to buy an Xbox. The games I'm looking forward to from the show are launch exclusives meaning at some point it'll come to other platforms. Their big exclusive in Starfield might be too ambitious with the 1000 planets; surely some of them will suffer from not being handcrafted.

But I'll give MS their due, if you own an Xbox, you do not have to buy a game. Game Pass is an absolute steal and I'm happy for the subscribers.

Yeah that was a solid 8/10. Good variety of games. No real big blockbuster game for the holiday but I think it'll be okay lol.

Gamepass subscribers eating though.

edit: I jut realized that Party Animals and Slime Rancher 2(!!!!) are coming to gamepass this year. That's kind of cool. Wish we say some Slime Rancher 2 stuff though.

Hopefully next year every year
Does kinda feel like that sometimes, but Tunic justified Series S for me on its own and is one of my new all-time faves so I'm okay with it. Plus, random indie games get announced for GP all year long, so I'm looking forward to seeing what those will be.

This was really good overall, just didn't have much that interests me personally. Lots of service games that I probably won't play for more than a few hours but this is where Game Pass comes in. Only interested in Wo Long and Cocoon (and obviously Silksong) right now.
Yeah, I think this is the important thing to remember. If you're sold on Game Pass, or are curious about it, Microsoft are slowly but steadily building it up. I've not yet seen anything game changing from them that's going to really push them on the path towards the hundreds of millions of subscribers they want, but given all the studios they now own or soon will own, perhaps that bigger push is simply yet to come.

If Switch had a smaller library and was less convenient to use, and i had less disposable income than i do, Series S plus gamepass would probably be my way into gaming right now. Despite the price disparity in terms of accessing software, Nintendo got out in front for me with a convenient way to play lots of games that interest me.

I thought it was a good show. As someone who isn't in the Xbox ecosystem I think it (once again) made a strong case for Game Pass

Considering it's Persona 3 portable I won't be playing it most likely but this is still nice to see. My dream of a definitive version of Persona 3 seems like it'll continue to be a dream. This reminds me, I need to go and finish P3 Fes.

Everyone needs to play Persona 4, best game ever made.

I've never played a persona because JRPGs aren't my thing, but I've heard so much good about P4 that I may buy it if it also releases on switch.

I've never played a persona because JRPGs aren't my thing, but I've heard so much good about P4 that I may buy it if it also releases on switch.
I'd say it's worth trying for sure, I like jrpgs so I'm a little more biased towards the genre but I'd describe Persona 4 as a special game, at least for me.

Aw I know it’s because of the 12 months but, just noticed we didn’t get avowed

That was pretty boring until the end, not a lot of trailers that needed to be in an event like this. It goes to show how much MS and Sony rely on hyping games that are often years away at these events. Often with just some CG concept trailers. Focusing on games coming in the next year made it a very different presentation. Starfield does look great though. And Persona going multi-platform is great news.

I thought it was a pretty good showcase. It was missing one big game reveal or gameplay showcase like an Avowed, Everwild, Banjo, etc., but I still enjoyed it well enough and really appreciate Xbox's commitment to the AA experience. I fear for the shitstorm that's wrongfully coming Nate's way though. Just knowing a Banjo project is in the works has me incredibly hyped

Yeah, I think this is the important thing to remember. If you're sold on Game Pass, or are curious about it, Microsoft are slowly but steadily building it up. I've not yet seen anything game changing from them that's going to really push them on the path towards the hundreds of millions of subscribers they want, but given all the studios they now own or soon will own, perhaps that bigger push is simply yet to come.

If Switch had a smaller library and was less convenient to use, and i had less disposable income than i do, Series S plus gamepass would probably be my way into gaming right now. Despite the price disparity in terms of accessing software, Nintendo got out in front for me with a convenient way to play lots of games that interest me.
Absolutely. They've made a really strong case for the XBOX and Game Pass ecosystem with the last few presentations.

It was a far more interesting showing than the Playstation one, wasn't it ?
I feel like it was definitely better than Summer Games Fest. Whether it's better than the PlayStation state of play pretty much comes down to what games you are interested in. I thought Starfield looked better than FFXVI for example, but I might think differently if I were a big FF fan.

It was a far more interesting showing than the Playstation one, wasn't it ?
Eeeehhhh

That show had Street Fighter VI, Resident Evil 4 Remake, Final Fantasy XVI and the Callisto Protocol

More interesting than the majority of the Xbox Show

Weird that neither Sony or Nintendo shared that Minecraft Legends trailer. Nintendo always shares official Minecraft trailers instantly.

Same for Cocoon. Nintendo not sharing an Annapurna reveal is weird.

Weird that neither Sony or Nintendo shared that Minecraft Legends trailer. Nintendo always shares official Minecraft trailers instantly.

Same for Cocoon. Nintendo not sharing an Annapurna reveal is weird.
Maybe because it's a weekend? I dunno it really is weird.

Sony got there first, but a lot of their big announcements ended up showing up again later (e.g. Callisto). I think Xbox was better overall

Last edited:
Depends what you expected

Xbox presentation made a strong case for subscribing to game pass

Sony presentation made a strong case for buying a current gen console lmao
GP games outside of Persona , Starfield and maybe Silksong are the type of games Gamepass has been getting for a while , don’t see how it changes anything really

I don't know what I was expecting from Starfield but I felt overwhelmed just watching the trailer. I'm probably too old for finding the time to customize my base.

GP games outside of Persona , Starfield and maybe Silksong are the type of games Gamepass has been getting for a while , don’t see how it changes anything really
*continuing my subscription to game pass

I was just speaking personally

Sony got there first, but a lot of their big announcements ended up showing up again later (e.g. Callisto)Calistoga. I think Xbox was better overall
The thing about Sony's event was that it was 3rd Party. I don't remember exclusivities and whatnot but Xbox has gamepass and that is still the best deal in gaming lmao. Gamepass got me to buy and Xbox Series X and I'm very satisfied with this showcase.

Back
Top Bottom