• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Xbox Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase on June 12 at 10 am PT, 6 pm BST [Update: Xbox Games Showcase Extended at 10AM PT, 6PM BST]

Remember when people insisted Nintendo adopting these formats meant they were giving up?

I remember.
time flies man.... what a shit show that was back then.
Now I couldn't care less for these big, long presentations that are full of filler and boring conversations.

They need to shorten these things. Nintendo is able to cover the same amount of software in half the time.

Like many are saying, it’s just too long. It should have been max 60 minutes or less which I think Nintendo does a fantastic job with their directs

90 minutes is too long for the amount of content they showed. They're getting better but they still have a ways to go on tightening up the format. Same for Sony tbh.

I disagree, for me the sweet spot is hearing about games up through next holiday (so ~1.5 years)

More like they announced a bunch of games that havent made much progress since the reveal of said game so they addopting this but I bet you tho go back to their usual CGI trailers next year.

Know what, while I think the Xbox presentation could use some tightening up, I still have to commend MS for showing more gameplay and games tat release relatively soon. Those are clear improvement over last time.

im a starfield stan but besides that i thought it had good variety. they do appear to be suffering the same development slowdowns as seemingly everyone else is.

not going to stop me from being 1,000% hype for nintendo to save the E3 season

Know what, while I think the Xbox presentation could use some tightening up, I still have to commend MS for showing more gameplay and games tat release relatively soon. Those are clear improvement over last time.

I legitimately have no complaints. They showed gameplay for most (all?) games, they capped it at a very reasonable 12 months out, and the Game Pass lineup itself is full of good and varied experiences.

In fact I would have probably thought less of the show had they promoted games aiming for late 2023 or 2024. Just save them for later; they’ll make a major impact when they land.

The only complaint I have is one of those Persona games should’ve been a shadow drop. Not launching P5R until the end of October and cramming the other two into the first six months of 2023 is a bit much. Would’ve been nice to see P4G drop now, P5R still in October, and P3P around March 2023. Each of them gets their breathing room.

So the showcase they have later tonight is basically their take on Treehouse, right?

What I loved about the MS show yesterday was that it was clearly angled to show you all the stuff you're going to get right up until the next conference.

There was a lot of disappointment that previously announced titles were not covered but I'm pretty matter of fact - beyond 12 months out, I'm not interesting in hearing about your game. I don't want to hear about Xmas 2023's Hellblade, or 2024's Avowed. There's no point. I don't year after year of little slices. Show me it, tell me I'm getting it soon, or stay away.

I'd argue that the show didn't feel as punchy and varied as Nintendo's shows and it would probably suit them better to get this big show broken up and start talking 6 month timeframes rather than 12.

But that is seemingly two now who are more concerned around talking about what you will get and soon, not slapping some distant dopamine hit in your face.

Looks like it'll take people some time to adjust. Hell, it took E3 dying for people to twig that Nintendo don't just fire everything out that they're going to do in that one show. But it is a positive shift for the industry. We see how much of a millstone the BOTW2 and Metroid Prime 4 announces have been.
Yeah I agree it's a better way to show games if they're coming relatively soon... like 12 months. And showing gameplay it's a HUGE improvement, compared to the old conferences that bored me to death. Although I believe many of the "2023" games with no "spring, summer" are intended for the fall and winter of that year and not technically 12 months (until June 2023), but I can understand this.

Anyway, as always, too many first person shooters for my liking (action or "adventure", war or terror or else, but in the end they look too similar to me... all of them with weird "humor" lines spoken and the same apparent gameplay). Some games looks promising and intriguing, but not to the point of getting this console or update my computer. And only one/two Japanese games in the whole presentation... :(

Very surprised to see Kojima there, that will probably put to an end the rumours of Sony buying his studio, but we won't see this project released until 4-5 years I suppose.

fingers crossed for an extended silksong demo

edit: so in the countdown video it actually lists the featured segments:
as dusk falls
grounded
high on life
forza hotwheels
flight sim
naraka bladepoint
pentiment
ara history untold
minecraft legends
pete hines interview

Pete Hines? I only listen to Todd Howard's sweet little lies. Thank you very much Bethesda.

fingers crossed for an extended silksong demo

edit: so in the countdown video it actually lists the featured segments:
as dusk falls
grounded
high on life
forza hotwheels
flight sim
naraka bladepoint
pentiment
ara history untold
minecraft legends
pete hines interview
Thanks, guess I’ll watch the High on Life and Hotwheels segments after the stream.

So Oxide Games was founded by a former Firaxis dev involved in Civ 5. I had no clue but I expected as much cause this seems to be the norm. Hope it's better than Humankind's attempt to dethrone the king.

Flight Simulator is probably the most impressive game I doubt I will ever play.

I actually did dabble in, like, FS 2002 back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom