• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Upcoming Pokémon Day announcement potentially leaked

RBY and Stadium on NSO would be an easy nostalgia win, I’d be amazed if they launched the Gen 2 games with Stadium 2 alongside them.

Honestly I would be shocked if they don't confirm gen 1 is coming to Switch in some form. I find it hard to believe even the TPC could be so dense as to have an event on the anniversary of RG's original release in Japan and not address the elephant in the room of GB/GBC/GBA games now on NSO/Switch.

Honestly, i just want ScarVio DLC. If the Pokemon Presents has that, i'm good.

Honestly I would be shocked if they don't confirm gen 1 is coming to Switch in some form. I find it hard to believe even the TPC could be so dense as to have an event on the anniversary of RG's original release in Japan and not address the elephant in the room of GB/GBC/GBA games now on NSO/Switch.
The thing is... having started up a 7day trial for online and the GB emulator... how, just how, does the official emulator not support variable game speeds?

I remember the 00 years, so many gb and gba games just are really slow by todays standadrds. FF7-9 remasters have had that feature added. I feel like (especially for gb/a) adding it would not be that hard (its f*ing gb emulation, it runs on a toaster and so many buttons are unused that you could map it anywhere...heck, why is there not a quicksafe button)... heck, i think ill spin this out to its own thread...

Im mainly curious about DLC. SV was a mess, but i could still see me being interested in some DLC if its good.

The thing is... having started up a 7day trial for online and the GB emulator... how, just how, does the official emulator not support variable game speeds?

I remember the 00 years, so many gb and gba games just are really slow by todays standadrds. FF7-9 remasters have had that feature added. I feel like (especially for gb/a) adding it would not be that hard (its f*ing gb emulation, it runs on a toaster and so many buttons are unused that you could map it anywhere...heck, why is there not a quicksafe button)... heck, i think ill spin this out to its own thread...
For what it's worth, Stadium 1 (and I think 2) has a Duduo GB Tower where you can play the games at faster speeds. If NSO adds these games, that'll be a thing at least.

That said, I don't think the battle system in the gameboy era are too slow. Turning off Animations and set Text to Fast makes them quick enough. I'd argue SV's battle system is slower in ways.

Excited to see this soon. Most interested in whatever the SV DLC ends up being. I’d be excited to play Blue again for sure if it happens. Seems Mystery Dungeon is a lock which doesn’t get me too excited so I hope Detective Pikachu 2 resurfaces or some other second spin off appears.

Detective Pikachu getting a sequel and a Switch port announced way early in the Switch's life only to not materialize at all is such a weird thing.

For what it's worth, Stadium 1 (and I think 2) has a Duduo GB Tower where you can play the games at faster speeds. If NSO adds these games, that'll be a thing at least.

That said, I don't think the battle system in the gameboy era are too slow. Turning off Animations and set Text to Fast makes them quick enough. I'd argue SV's battle system is slower in ways.

It would be a little weird for them to have made that function work, unfortunately, because it would (I may be completely off base here, but a cursory look makes it seem like I'm not completely mad) require rewriting an entire second, separate Game Boy (Colour) emulator that exists inside of Pokemon stadium 1/2 to work

SVs battle system is a disgrace after Legends, for sure.
Im still confused how this could have been such a step back for me, since the under utilization of battles was one aspect in Legends i disliked, but then going into SV i actively avoided battling...

For the time they where fine. And over all, its "fine".
But i was less arguing about fine, and more about... the games (and many games in general, theres a reason why so many jrpgs have now fastforward/skip features added for cutscenes and battles) inherently having slow spots and moments where you care less.
Having a fancy looking boss fight or performing an attack for the first time, nice. finishing the 8th mob when running through a dungeon back to the entrance? yeah, then i don't care for the animations.
SMT5 had an animation cancel if you press a, and it just plays the "hit" animation.

I don't argue for them changing the old game (its just emulation), but the solution for old games WAS emulation, since you could speed up those moments. Nintendos emulators are not including that option.
2D zeldas had some moments where you had to backtrack a lot to a place, without much thinking. In those, i would love to increase the speed like 50% just to get there faster. then you had some games, turn based, where enemy turns take forever (currently none on the NSO app i think). And for GBA, Fire Emblem: i love me some battle animations, but i don't want them all. i cant select which to watch and what to skip (except all or enemy), so i would like the speed option. or to increase the speed units move over the map.

Possible Black/White remakes: Yeah!
Sloppy, rushed and ugly Black/White remakes: UnYeah!
After generations hyped for each and every single remake, it's kind of sad how BDSP was enough to make me share this sentiment

If they make the remake in house, i'm afraid they'll spread themselves too thin and we'll get a game that isn't up to standard
If they outsource it, we may get another disaster like BDSP

It would be a little weird for them to have made that function work, unfortunately, because it would (I may be completely off base here, but a cursory look makes it seem like I'm not completely mad) require rewriting an entire second, separate Game Boy (Colour) emulator that exists inside of Pokemon stadium 1/2 to work
I thought the same as I was typing it too to be honest, but god I'm crossing my fingers...

SVs battle system is a disgrace after Legends, for sure.
Im still confused how this could have been such a step back for me, since the under utilization of battles was one aspect in Legends i disliked, but then going into SV i actively avoided battling...

For the time they where fine. And over all, its "fine".
But i was less arguing about fine, and more about... the games (and many games in general, theres a reason why so many jrpgs have now fastforward/skip features added for cutscenes and battles) inherently having slow spots and moments where you care less.
Having a fancy looking boss fight or performing an attack for the first time, nice. finishing the 8th mob when running through a dungeon back to the entrance? yeah, then i don't care for the animations.
SMT5 had an animation cancel if you press a, and it just plays the "hit" animation.

I don't argue for them changing the old game (its just emulation), but the solution for old games WAS emulation, since you could speed up those moments. Nintendos emulators are not including that option.
2D zeldas had some moments where you had to backtrack a lot to a place, without much thinking. In those, i would love to increase the speed like 50% just to get there faster. then you had some games, turn based, where enemy turns take forever (currently none on the NSO app i think). And for GBA, Fire Emblem: i love me some battle animations, but i don't want them all. i cant select which to watch and what to skip (except all or enemy), so i would like the speed option. or to increase the speed units move over the map.
Yeah, I really wish Nintendo was much better about emulation options. Them going a step back with control setup is really weird.

I do t remember a Switch port ever being announced
Oh my bad. It might've been a rumor.

If a sequel and/or port of Detective Pikachu isn't voiced by Ryan Reynolds, i'm not interested. ;D

It's gonna be just gen 1. They might announce gen 2, but they won't put them all there today.
boo-boo-this-man.gif

I doubt they will drop RBY and GSC at the same time.

In fact I'd be surprised if Yellow comes alongside Red and Blue.
boo-boo-this-man.gif

you're both sadly right

It's gonna be just gen 1. They might announce gen 2, but they won't put them all there today.
Yeah this is how I see it: RBY with Stadium 1 compatibility

And they will definitely announce GSC with 2's in the same announcement if the former happens. (since Stadium 2 is already confirmed for NSO)

I doubt they will drop RBY and GSC at the same time.

In fact I'd be surprised if Yellow comes alongside Red and Blue.
Did Yellow came later on 3DS?

RBY did all come at once in the 3DS eshop, but the nature of subscription services does also mean they're encouraged to drag it all out for as long as possible, so who knows.

Yeah this is how I see it: RBY with Stadium 1 compatibility

And they will definitely announce GSC with 2's in the same announcement if the former happens. (since Stadium 2 is already confirmed for NSO)

RBY did all come at once in the 3DS eshop, but the nature of subscription services does also mean they're encouraged to drag it all out for as long as possible, so who knows.

Yeah, looks like I misremembered and Yellow did come with Red and Blue.

Crystal did release later than Gold and Silver though.

All of that just to not put Pokémon Crystal on NSO (please put Pokémon Crystal on NSO).
PLEASE?

I'm gonna be so blah if it's just Gen 1 games.
Pretty sure gen 2 wont be there at launch

If i recall correctly, the revealed games for the N64 NSO included only Pokémon Stadium, leaving Stadium 2/GS outside for now.

I think we'll get Stadium and RB(Y?), and then Stadium 2 with GSC with the second batch of releases.
They all came at the same time, wich included the special 2DS' they revealed

R.fba6b7141329959a3f824bccd79ba9b1

I keep saying they missed the chance of releasing a Game Boy Pocket/Game Boy Color themed 2DS

Crystal did release later than Gold and Silver though
I purposedly waited for Crystal to release, wich was pure agony.

I even got the physical release with the repro box. I would have killed for a 3DS cart containing the VC rom, even if it's logistically absurd.

Might put this on my phone while I 'work'. Is it about 20 minutes?

(Even working from home I use a work laptop for one of my jobs, so I think watching on the phone it is)

Back
Top Bottom