• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Rumour Upcoming Pokémon Day announcement potentially leaked

I feel more like a one-man army stanning for Pinball at this point. Everyone else died of old age probably I guess.
Always enjoyed the Pokemon Pinball games. Hope we get both the GBC and GBA ones on NSO, at least.

Pokemon Pinball on GBC is one of the best Pokemon games! A new one on Switch would be a dream come true, just like New Pokemon Snap was for me. Fingers crossed!

I’ve been on the Pokémon Pinball squad since Snap got a surprise revival. The original installments for both are still two of my favourite Pokémon spin-offs to date (also, controversially, Pokemon Channel; such a cute and chill game, though a sequel could add a lot more variety to deal with how repetitive it can get).

The Pokemon Company and Spike Chunsoft presents

PokePark 3: A Murder Mystery

Nobody in it died, the mystery is how the franchise keeps growing despite the humongous repeated mistakes by the people in charge.

I couldn't help myself. Sorry.

Well, a little sorry.

I’ve been on the Pokémon Pinball squad since Snap got a surprise revival. The original installments for both are still two of my favourite Pokémon spin-offs to date (also, controversially, Pokemon Channel; such a cute and chill game, though a sequel could add a lot more variety to deal with how repetitive it can get).

Channel as some of the best music in the franchise!

There's nothing like taking it slow...

Pinball is fine but I really want another Trading Card Game in the vein of the GB originals. I doubt it would ever happen though since the money is in online versions of the actual card game.

Pinball is fine but I really want another Trading Card Game in the vein of the GB originals. I doubt it would ever happen though since the money is in online versions of the actual card game.

It’d be great if they put out a new TGC RPG alongside the new TGC Live game; I don’t think they’d be competing products. If Yu-Gi-Oh can have multiple games that don’t compete i’m sure it’d work out okay.

If Nintendo were cool they’d localize the second GBC game; shame they aren’t.

Somebody that understands that better than me can please answer if there's any indication(marketing/merchs/anime planned) pointing towards a possible Pokémon Legends 2 being in development?
I think that's fairly likely as Arceus was a subtitle, so I think Pokémon Legends: something else is bound to happen eventually. It also can make up time between remakes and a new gen. Or maybe replace remakes idk.

Somebody that understands that better than me can please answer if there's any indication(marketing/merchs/anime planned) pointing towards a possible Pokémon Legends 2 being in development?
I think that's fairly likely as Arceus was a subtitle, so I think Pokémon Legends: something else is bound to happen eventually. It also can make up time between remakes and a new gen. Or maybe replace remakes idk.
For this year, most people are expecting SV DLC. We have no idea what's in store beyond that. Another Legends game could happen in the next few years, but they could also do something else entirely

I can only think that, after reading several interviews and looking at sales data the chance is quite high they will continue the gameplay foundations which were laid out in Legends.

The developers themselves named it a great risk, but that risk paid off generously in sales and I see glowing reviews saying this is how Pokémon should move forward. Based on that alone I think it is safe to say they are not done with the Legend games.

Especially when Scarlet/Violet took 'some' hints from Legends and many people immediatly noted S/V took only small things from Arceus and were dissapointed with that.

I am sure they are aware of all the feedback!

One of the new protagonists (Roy) of the anime reboot apparently carries around some kind of ancient looking Pokeball we've never seen before. Completely unclear what it's for, but I guess it could be a legends tease.

The anime itself has been hard to use as a source of game predictions as of late because Journeys focused on all regions, and now they're in a transitional period where they're getting rid of Ash and doing something wildly new. Most merchandise usually corresponds with recent/upcoming anime episodes so looking there is hard too.

For this year, most people are expecting SV DLC. We have no idea what's in store beyond that. Another Legends game could happen in the next few years, but they could also do something else entirely

I can only think that, after reading several interviews and looking at sales data the chance is quite high they will continue the gameplay foundations which were laid out in Legends.

The developers themselves named it a great risk, but that risk paid off generously in sales and I see glowing reviews saying this is how Pokémon should move forward. Based on that alone I think it is safe to say they are not done with the Legend games.

Especially when Scarlet/Violet took 'some' hints from Legends and many people immediatly noted S/V took only small things from Arceus and were dissapointed with that.

I am sure they are aware of all the feedback!

One of the new protagonists (Roy) of the anime reboot apparently carries around some kind of ancient looking Pokeball we've never seen before. Completely unclear what it's for, but I guess it could be a legends tease.

The anime itself has been hard to use as a source of game predictions as of late because Journeys focused on all regions, and now they're in a transitional period where they're getting rid of Ash and doing something wildly new. Most merchandise usually corresponds with recent/upcoming anime episodes so looking there is hard too.
Thanks for all the responses!!
I'm expecting Legends 2 to come by late 2024 or early 2025 personally, would align with how 2021 and 2022 were handled.
For this year I 100% expect Scarlet and Violet DLC.
I still have to finish Arceus but that's definitely a direction that Pokémon would appeal for me.

My ideal 2023 and 2024 for Pokemon;
2023 - Scarlet & Violet DLC
2023 - All the GB/GBA games on NSO
2023 - Some sort of spinoff (it seems it'll be mystery dungeon)

2024 - Another Legends game
2024 - This is where it gets interesting, but I'll plant my flag and say it'll be Johto re-remakes

I'm personally hoping it's a PMD2 remake. the PMD1 remake didn't click with me because I wanted it to be super ambitious and a shakeup like Sword of Mana/Oath in Felghana was, but interviewing Tomie and realizing he directed DX made me realize that was likely very intentional, especially with how DX ended up succeeding in bringing a ton of my friends on board, something me begging people to play Super and GTI didn't succeed with back in the day.

I still feel Super is the perfect climatic finale to PMD's current human into pokemon story and I'd really not want them to come back with a PMDVI just to do a cookie cutter story. I love Tomie's writing but I'd be much more interested if he could pull off something new with a brand new concept, without the human into pokemon aspects. Maybe named protagonists? or ditching the team aspect altogether? Something like that would be cool rather than going for a boring "oh no, ultra beasts from space" plot like some have clamored for.

On the other hand as much as PMD EOS rocks in the gameplay and postgame department, I find the main story a lot more childish than the other games in the series (the guild is extremely cringey and i loathe wigglytuff and the partner in this game with all my soul), with only Special Episode 5 having the sort of deeper reflective elements I love from the PMD lore, and seeing that in 3D would be a major treat... (Grovyle is best partner) But let me skip the guild crap and focus on those dungeons! Cutscene skips would go a long way for replays IMO.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing new special episodes, dungeons, or story bits though, however...

Whatever the case I'm hopeful Tomie will pull off something fun for us to enjoy. Perfect time to plug the fact I interviewed him (the writer behind all the PMD stories) last year and also made a documentary on my quest.

I’d be happy with a new PMD, or a remake of TDS. PMD DX was great on the switch, I would’ve played it more, but sadly it slotted in just before animal crossing so I only got a week or two with it

I played the shit out of Sky on the DS, so I’d be overjoyed with a remake of that, but I also wouldn’t mind a new entry. They seemed to learn their lesson from GTI and fixed that with Super PMD so I’m optimistic for the future, if it is a new entry.

not actually related to thread topic but don't know where else I'd post this

Another One
Wonder how many announcements will continue to leak in the coming days.

It has been noticed that the Pokémon Sleep domain currently redirects to the Pokémon Presents page; so it seems it may finally resurface here.

The copyright from Spike chunsoft has been deleted. Is the dream dead or do they want to hide it until the official announcement?

Last edited:
Wonder how many announcements will continue to leak in the coming days.

It has been noticed that the Pokémon Sleep domain currently redirects to the Pokémon Presents page; so it seems it may finally resurface here.

Apparently, the domain was bought by someone Serebii knows, it's not official.

“"Pokémon Presents" is expected to announce new titles and "Pokemon SV" DLC, including the remake of "Pokémon BW". The broadcast will start at 23:00 on February 27, so don't miss it.”

“"Pokémon Presents" is expected to announce new titles and "Pokemon SV" DLC, including the remake of "Pokémon BW". The broadcast will start at 23:00 on February 27, so don't miss it.”

game freak leadership pls

giphy.gif

Pardon, WHAT..? Why?

Edit: not gonna prematurely react to it. Best to let it come to fruition before complaining.

Haven't we had enough remakes for one year? Come on!!

Fuck I wished we were getting Let’s Go Johto, but this was the second remake I’d take! We’re going back to New York City!!

This “article” is making a prediction based on Twitter speculation that N and a character from SV look alike.

It literally means nothing.

edit: it looks like they’re referring to Meowscarada lmao

Last edited:
Theoretically, this holiday season will be two years since the Sinnoh remakes, and if GameFreak contracted out the job to that ILCA or whatever again, we could see Unova remakes this year.
But I doubt it.

I doubt we will be having remakes so soon. This holiday is for S/V DLC. I can be wrong of course, but I doubt it.

Why are you acting like we all can read that?
I don't either, got it translated through google. But its message is very clear, cherry picking small "evidence" for BW remakes. The other one is Ghetsis appearing on newest TCG set. Characters from older games appear on TCG all the time.

Back
Top Bottom