• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Upcoming Pokémon Day announcement potentially leaked

I think that genuinely might have been the worst game related presentation I’ve ever seen. Like, even the worst Nintendo Direct micro or mini or partner showcase was better and more interesting than this.

We failed Grovyle gang

images

Obviously there was nothing on this front today, but both internationally released Stadiums were announced for this year in the September direct.
They were? Damn, i need to rewatch that segment.

And yeah, there was nothing, and i was left utterly dissapointed :(

Here's an interesting little 4chan post that people have been pointing out now that the Presents happened:

1677521935829-png.495347

Nothing super exciting and unknown beyond the last line mentioning a graphics patch alongside DLC2.

Here's an interesting little 4chan post that people have been pointing out now that the Presents happened:

1677521935829-png.495347

Nothing super exciting and unknown beyond the last line mentioning a graphics patch alongside DLC2.

NEW NINTENDO SWITCH MODELS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ALONGSIDE DLC2 ???

NEW NINTENDO SWITCH MODELS THAT WILL BE RELEASED ALONGSIDE DLC2 ???

Models could mean different color variations of new hardware (like with Switch, Grey or Blue/Red).

If this isn't a hoax. The new system part, the Pokemon part is legit.

1677521935829-png.495347

Could be new Limited editions be the way they worded it, it sounds like the patch is exclusive to those models...

And this 4chan post really exists apparently...

So that's a "no" on Unova remakes then? :p
Technically the next remakes should be Johto. I'm a huge Gen 2 and Gen 5 fan so it's a win-win scenario whichever they decide to remake next.

The order should be Kanto > Galar > Sinnoh > Paldea > Johto > New game ??? > Unova > ??New Game?? > Kalos since it follows the order of release alongside the past remakes.

The interesting bit is that the Paradoxes for Suicune and Verizion both represent the remakes we should be getting with Johto and Unova as they come from Gen 2 and Gen 5 respectively.

I'm just gonna assume that they have new OLED models this holiday launching alongside ScaVio + Expansion Pass bundles.

I'm just gonna assume that they have new OLED models this holiday launching alongside ScaVio + Expansion Pass bundles.

Joly crap I saw some new enhancements rumor for dlc2 and people thinking it’s next Gen Switch!

Look, i'm wary of that rumor's new system part ... but the wording is "graphics enhancement" for the new model, and not for DLC 2.

Also, why would they make such a patch and lock it to some special OLED models?

Pokemon, of all games, isn't going to be the software that gets a graphics enhancement patch for new hardware, lol.

Even if that's an accurate statement that there's an update like that coming, in all likelihood it'll have been misinterpretation of updates meant to iron out the significant bits that need it on all models of Switch, not for Switch 2.

But the most likely scenario is that person somehow got access to the video early, which is the same way almost all past direct leaks happened, and they're peppering it with nonsense for internet clout.

Look, i'm wary of that rumor's new system part ... but the wording is "graphics enhancement" for the new model, and not for DLC 2.

Also, why would they make such a patch and lock it to some special OLED models?
It's machine translated so I'm not going to read too much into the exact wording.

If they are a programmer at an outsourcing company they may not be aware of new OLED models.

It's machine translated so I'm not going to read too much into the exact wording.

Yeah, keep in mind this person admits their English is poor and they used a translator.

True, but let's be honest, Nintendo (or Gamefreak, or both?) actually apologized for ScarVio's performance on their social channels.

Do you really think they would somehow lock a graphic enhancement patch to some silly special edition OLED after that?
I kinda think they had enough shitstorm and backlash already.

If anything, if this was "just" a normal enhancement patch for the game, they'd push it out ASAP as it might drive to more sustained sales for the game and the DLC preorders.

But, let's keep the issue in mind ... if this is legit.

Again, the stuff about the DLC and the Pokemon Presents in that 4chan post is as legit as it gets. But there's enough explanations how someone might've been able to see the video from today's Presents early last week. Everything outside of this can likely just be made up.

Also, the fact that they mentioned exactly what was in the direct and almost nothing else specific is incredibly telling that they had access to the marketing material rather than being a programmer like they claim.

Also, the fact that they mentioned exactly what was in the direct and almost nothing else specific is incredibly telling that they had access to the marketing material rather than being a programmer like they claim.
The leaker also said that Ogrepon has a "special Terastal appearance." Unless I missed something, that wasn't revealed in the Presents.

The leaker also said that Ogrepon has a "special Terastal appearance." Unless I missed something, that wasn't revealed in the Presents.

Technically, you could see that the DLC 1 Pokemon might have special tera looks in the Presents. The live-action video showed masks of the three new Pokemon's faces (not the legendary though) where they looked like Power Ranger masks/helmets.

Last edited:
True, but let's be honest, Nintendo (or Gamefreak, or both?) actually apologized for ScarVio's performance on their social channels.

Do you really think they would somehow lock a graphic enhancement patch to some silly special edition OLED after that?
I kinda think they had enough shitstorm and backlash already.

If anything, if this was "just" a normal enhancement patch for the game, they'd push it out ASAP as it might drive to more sustained sales for the game and the DLC preorders.

But, let's keep the issue in mind ... if this is legit.

Again, the stuff about the DLC and the Pokemon Presents in that 4chan post is as legit as it gets. But there's enough explanations how someone might've been able to see the video from today's Presents early last week. Everything outside of this can likely just be made up.
Assuming that the leak is true, I don’t think it’s pointing at the graphics patch being exclusive to the new OLED models, just that it’s going to release alongside it and the bundled release. But I’ve also pretty much given up on a Switch 2 in 2023 so what do I know.

The wording plus translation leaves a little too much wiggle room for comfort, but like someone said if it's dropping this soon then we'll surely hear more in the coming months. Best to hype responsibly.

This is one of those times where I'm reminded it's better, at least for me to avoid rumours. I didn't see any of this stuff so I thought the presentation was fine, since I had no expectations. I bet if I had seen all the "leaks" and whatnot I'd be bitching about the presentation being crap haha.

This is one of those times where I'm reminded it's better, at least for me to avoid rumours. I didn't see any of this stuff so I thought the presentation was fine, since I had no expectations. I bet if I had seen all the "leaks" and whatnot I'd be bitching about the presentation being crap haha.
I had 1 expectation: dlc anouncement.
And even then i was dissapointed, since not really anything was shown (but you can preorder it for more then the last one...)

Im sitting there watching. Could have done something else.

So even without having rumors i have 1 expectation:
That it either show cool stuff for my taste OR entertains. This did nothing, it FELLT like a soullesscommercial (the pikachu dollwas fitting...), not like a presentation or celebration.

All, without knowing of any rumors (not even the NSO expectations people had)

this is the big part lol. if I saw a pokemon direct early I can't say I wouldn't lie about hardware for fun

It was crap regardless because everything outside the DLC was boring, and even the DLC showed like nothing

Last edited:
I think that genuinely might have been the worst game related presentation I’ve ever seen. Like, even the worst Nintendo Direct micro or mini or partner showcase was better and more interesting than this.
last week's State of Play isn't looking too bad anymore

Worst fucking conference ever. Not only does it reaffirm that dark path of the main series, but we can’t even get a single new spinoff of any kind or even the old games getting reissued. Not even fucking stadium.

Legit hate today

I’m glad I didn’t watch it. I wonder what’s going on with Detective Pikachu 2. Feels like borderline vaporware at this point

Nah it's still the worst. At least we got something new out of Pokémon Presents.
At least Sony focused on console games, although too much time spent on mediocre-looking VR shooters and The Division: Capeshit Expansion

Back
Top Bottom