• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Upcoming Pokémon Day announcement potentially leaked

MondoMega

Puffball Enthusiast
Pronouns
She/They
In the language .json for the new Pokémon Together site; not currently displayed on the page:

image.png

Unclear if this is for a new Mystery Dungeon or the commonly speculated Explorers DX, but the copyright year of 1993 makes it clear that this is for that specific series.

The .json (see for yourself!)
The tweet that initially discovered this

So, what are we lookin at for Pokémon Day? Guessing two Unite characters, some Go raid event, Explorers DX, RB/RS virtual console, and DLC?

Makes sense for them to keep cranking out Mystery Dungeon remakes, though perhaps we get a new one.

yes yes yes YES YES YES

Explorers of Sky Remake or PMD 5, whichever it ends up being, I’m there Day One

Love me some Explorers but I'd hope this is for a new game. Super had some interesting ideas, I'd like to see where they can take the series further

Fuck yes please. Sky is one of the best games ever made, I'll take 10.

Of course a new one is very welcome too, but I'd hope it returns to the older style recruitment, I really didn't like Super.

Hell yeah, I can't wait to get another one of these games and then get completely outclassed by the enemies at some point and stop playing because of that.

See, I'm conflicted, on one hand that would have been a huge draw of the Switch Online. On the other hand, I would rather OWN those pokemon games than have them stuffed into a paid subscription.
It's very possible you'll get neither, because the people that run these companies aren't too bright when it comes to what will make money hand over fist.

Lets go. I love the series. DX was surprisingly divisive, the 60$ did not help, but I thought it was a nice remake/remaster.

The classic Pokemon games will come to Switch, the only question is will they be part of NSO or will they be separate buys to make them easier to make compatible with Home.

Hoping for a new game but I don't think I've played Explorers of Sky so I'd take a remake of that given all the good things I've heard about it. But I think a new game would be a pretty interesting thing to see post the roguelike indie explosion.

But in general I think it's time for another console Pokemon spin-off era. The franchise hasn't been this big in a while, it's time to capitalize

The classic Pokemon games will come to Switch, the only question is will they be part of NSO or will they be separate buys to make them easier to make compatible with Home.
I can't see Pokemon not wanting to make a buck - I suspect the best way might be a $5/10 add on to NSO where they can make them compatible with Home but have a separate Pokemon Classics app (that they can potentially add on to over time and have the Home functionality baked in) or something like that but yeah they sold them on 3DS and I suspect will do the same here

any other hints in that file?

Just Nintendo / Switch logos and rating system info; but if they're going to advertise the new announcements on this page like the Spike Chunsoft copyright suggested, that much could be assumed anyway.

I understand people asking for a remake of explorers, because it's one of the best games I've ever played.

But it kind of saddens me a bit when there is speculation of a new installment of the Mystery Dungeon saga, people ask for the remake instead of a new game or both. There are Pokemon from 3 different generations that have never been represented in a Mystery Dungeon with great potential to star in a good story.

I wanna be a fucking Rowlett so bad!!!

Name it "Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 1000". All pokémon except some of the mythicals. And all 27 starters as canidates for starter Pokémon.

Going to hope this is a brand-new game as well. As much as I loved the Explorers games, I'm hankering much more for a whole new experience than another revisit.

Last edited:
I wonder what they'd do for a new Mystery Dungeon since it's probably not feasible for them to pull another Super and squeeze every Pokemon in there

Gen 7, 8, and 9 haven't been in one yet, so I assume they'd get a lot of focus. No clue what they'd do beyond that that. They could go crazy with the plot though, since Ultra Beasts and Paradox Pokemon would be on the table.

I wonder what they'd do for a new Mystery Dungeon since it's probably not feasible for them to pull another Super and squeeze every Pokemon in there

Gen 7, 8, and 9 haven't been in one yet, so I assume they'd get a lot of focus. No clue what they'd do beyond that that. They could go crazy with the plot though, since Ultra Beasts and Paradox Pokemon would be on the table.
They should make one with Koraidon being a main focus :]

As much as I’d love Explorers DX, a new PMD would be great. Then there’d be an actual new PMD game since 2015

I’ve been asking for an explorers of Sky remake.

I’ll take that over a new title.

Unless someone here wants to sell me their copy, mine is long gone 😭

Ehh, hope it's a new one and not a remake. The old game is perfectly playable and looks much nicer than DX.

I'm more than happy to take a remake, simply because Explorers of Sky are unfortunately low in numbers and are hard to get as well due to overinflated price matching that of Platinum and HGSS.

God I need more Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, please be real.

I just hope that they fixed the input lag that was in the first remake, everything about the game was fantastic except for that.

I'm surprised Mystery Dungeon DX sold enough to get another game. It sorta fell off the face of the earth because of Animal Crossing releasing a week later.

I'm surprised Mystery Dungeon DX sold enough to get another game. It sorta fell off the face of the earth because of Animal Crossing releasing a week later.
Mystery Dungeon games are like Warriors games, they're fairly low budget that between the dedicated fan base or people who buy in due to a popular ip branding make a profit.

I mean the game sold almost 2 million copies.
That's more than enough for the series to get a new game.

I understand people asking for a remake of explorers, because it's one of the best games I've ever played.

But it kind of saddens me a bit when there is speculation of a new installment of the Mystery Dungeon saga, people ask for the remake instead of a new game or both. There are Pokemon from 3 different generations that have never been represented in a Mystery Dungeon with great potential to star in a good story.

I wanna be a fucking Rowlett so bad!!!
ROWLET TIME.

What if it’s just one of the gba games for NSO?
Doubt it, Indicates a bit more than a simple rom release.

Back
Top Bottom