• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Rumour Upcoming Pokémon Day announcement potentially leaked

Unless it's a fairly ambitious remake of Explorers, I'd rather have a new game. Super Mystery Dungeon is already almost 8 years old.

This is definitely what I expect. We were already expecting a segment on NSO for Red/Blue and Stadium, most likely they do a reel of Pokémon games and Red Rescue Team is one of them.
I would be highly surprised (but pleasantly so) if Game Freak includes any mainline Pokémon game as part of NSO, they would probably want you to pay for them separately

I would be highly surprised (but pleasantly so) if Game Freak includes any mainline Pokémon game as part of NSO, they would probably want you to pay for them separately
I'd somewhat be fine with that considering legitimate copies of older pokemon games are now outrageously expensive ._." (especially Emerald).

Which is the better PMD, Super or Explorers of the Sky?
Explorers of Sky for sure. Better story, music, and I like the structure more.

Super has a painfully long intro section, and it railroads you into just doing the story for most of it. I missed being able to freely do side-missions while advancing the main story as I pleased. Having all Pokemon through Gen 6 is great, though.

Yeah I hope it’s a new PMD, there’s so many great things they could do with Gen 7 to 9 mons.

Last edited:
I had tried the remake. I thought it had atrocious controls. So whatever this is I hope has a demo because I liked the idea of the game.

Explorers of Sky for sure. Better story, music, and I like the structure more.

Super has a painfully long intro section, and it railroads you into just doing the story for most of it. I missed being able to freely do side-missions while advancing the main story as I pleased. Having all Pokemon through Gen 6 is great, though.
Nice, I'll have to give that one a try.

I know this sounds convoluted and wouldn't have happened, but before the GB/GBA apps were added on NSO I thought the way we would get Yellow, Red, and Blue would be through the emulator in Pokemon Stadium so that way we would have the built in transfer connectivity.

Also, unless the Koei's "Fire Emblem" squad is busy, I'd definitely take a successor to Pokemon Conquest, too.

Theme it around the Three Kingdoms, this time.

I mean, I personally hope it is a patch to Violet, I feel like people forgot how awful it is and its performance literally does not allow some people to play it.

The first major fix update was already scheduled for Late February; so yeah, that probably will be detailed (and released) on Pokémon Day as well; but that won’t be the only thing they talk about, and I don’t think the Spike Chunsoft copyright text will be related to that, lol.

I cannot see Pokemon not selling Red,Green and Yellow on the eshop, maybe the alternative is owning an Online subscription

Pokemon Mystery Patch

Every time you open your game you get a new procedurally generated patch that may or may not improve anything

This... This might actually be a really interesting mechanic/gimmick for a game. Genius! Now go and make it 😀👍

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Scarlett/Violet Patch, and Pokemon Scarlett/Violet DLC 1 would be a pretty solid lineup. Be really cool if we got a new Mystery Dungeon AND Red Rescue Team on GBA NSO at the same time now that Rescue Team DX has probably sold all it was ever going to.

Now if they can just combine that all with some classic Game Boy Pokemon on the NSO with Stadium, we've got ourselves the best Pokemon Presents possibly ever lol.

LET'S flipping GOOOO!

Rescue Team DX is the best pokemon game on switch. I had never even played a MD game, was worried it would be too "kiddy" tbh but I tried the last one and the story shattered my old cynical heart with pure emotion and immaculate vibes. Already have nostalgia. Still go back to the OST sometimes. I'm hyped.

Is Ambrella even still around?

Creatures acquired and absorbed them in 2020. I’m not sure we know if they have any autonomy or if their staff has just been assigned to whatever Creatures are working on. We at least know via LinkedIn that they have another project after Detective Pikachu 2 in production, and it’s possible they may choose to pick up Ambrella’s old series (i’d take a successor to Hey You Pikachu / Pokémon Channel personally). We’ll have to see.

They acknowledge the random poker all in environments. I wonder if that is the origin point for said environments.

Also hope they fix the low poly lods being displayed in double battles. Funny seeing that bug in official matches.

We will address an issue that can cause the game to forcibly close at certain locations. As a result of this fix, there may be a reduction of Pokémon and people displayed in certain towns or in the wild.
Sounds like a fix to a memory overflow issue? Wonder if it will have wider implications on performance

Finally patching tera raids. Maybe now the higher rank ones won't feel like garbage.
a bit too late from me. That shit sapped the fun out of the game personally. I have too many games to play anyways to go back to shiny hunting and doing these tera raids after the update. I'll wait until the dlc comes out lol.

Creatures acquired and absorbed them in 2020. I’m not sure we know if they have any autonomy or if their staff has just been assigned to whatever Creatures are working on. We at least know via LinkedIn that they have another project after Detective Pikachu 2 in production, and it’s possible they may choose to pick up Ambrella’s old series (i’d take a successor to Hey You Pikachu / Pokémon Channel personally). We’ll have to see.
Kinda want them to fuck around and do something completely unrelated to Pokémon as their next project, NGL. Probably not likely but it would be cool.

5 bucks says their other project’s probably just support work for Gen 10 or something like that anyway.

there can never be peace between My Pokémon Ranch loyalists and Hey You, Pikachu devotees

Back
Top Bottom