• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Triangle Strategy |ST| Romance of the Three Angles [NSW|PC]

Choose your conviction!

• Utility

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Morality

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Liberty

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • One does not simply choose a conviction.

Votes: 50 66.7%

• Total voters
Is it the battle that happens on the waterfall bridge? If so, I suggest you aim for advancing on the bridge away from the enemy army. When I won that battle, after many tries, I moved clockwise through the stage, so by the end of the whole thing I was on top of the hill (where the enemy army starts) and I was able to easily defeat their final units by using the higher-ground advantage.
That is so smart, I never tried it with the whole team!
I kept most of the team in the back with Erador as tank, but I couldn't damage Idor enough because of the darn healers.

I was trying to make Serenoa and Maxwell do the whole reach around the map you said.. but by the time they arrived everyone else was already defeated. XD

I'll give this a try next! Thank you!

edit:
I beat it! I still only made Maxwell and Anna do the whole round the map, the enemies didnt give me the chance to let the others go on ahead. But this time the main battle took place on the bridge so the enemies indeed didnt have the height advantage against me!

Edit^

Last edited:
On the persuasion screen, if the caption reads something like "they will listen, at the very least" - what does that actually mean? Is there a chance I can persuade the character? No matter what I do, they're never swayed, but the "they will listen" script is a step up from the "stone wall" script.

I have 2 other characters in a similar position but don't seem to be able to actually persuade them even though the game seems to suggest I can.

On the persuasion screen, if the caption reads something like "they will listen, at the very least" - what does that actually mean? Is there a chance I can persuade the character? No matter what I do, they're never swayed, but the "they will listen" script is a step up from the "stone wall" script.

I have 2 other characters in a similar position but don't seem to be able to actually persuade them even though the game seems to suggest I can.
Yeah, you can persuade them. If I am not mistaken, on my first run through the game I was even able to sway the vote of a "stone wall" character. But I can't confirm that 100%.

Anyway, if you haven't already, try using different arguments. That worked once for me.

Yeah, you can persuade them. If I am not mistaken, on my first run through the game I was even able to sway the vote of a "stone wall" character. But I can't confirm that 100%.

Anyway, if you haven't already, try using different arguments. That worked once for me.
I keep trying different approaches but I'm not getting anywhere with it. It's frustrating because the game makes it seem as if I can sway characters to that choice, but I'm never managing it. I think there's combinations I've not tried yet, like pushing characters to other options to help my preferred option win, so I'll keep going, but it's an off-putting road block. I know I'm probably not going to get another chance to do this particular mission because, if I do return to the game, I'll be going for the Golden Route and this choice isn't on that route.

Finished my first route! I was so sure I made the right decisions, but alas I don't think it was the golden route I was aiming for.. 🥲

This turned into my 2nd favorite Switch game, right next to FE3H.

So yeah major hit in my eyes!!! Now to do the other routes hehehe

Edit:
I don't think I ever had major trouble changing the characters minds.. maybe you didnt explore enough to open new information? Or sometimes I've noticed you don't have to pick the locked option to be able to change their minds, just say the thing you think would resonate with the specific character.

But then again i only did one run, and I have no idea what conviction I ended up getting. I just did what I thought was best. XD

I keep trying different approaches but I'm not getting anywhere with it. It's frustrating because the game makes it seem as if I can sway characters to that choice, but I'm never managing it. I think there's combinations I've not tried yet, like pushing characters to other options to help my preferred option win, so I'll keep going, but it's an off-putting road block. I know I'm probably not going to get another chance to do this particular mission because, if I do return to the game, I'll be going for the Golden Route and this choice isn't on that route.
Maybe you could also do some mock battles and grind conviction points. But that might take some time. And I am not sure if the conviction system influences the chance a character will change their vote.

Finished my first route! I was so sure I made the right decisions, but alas I don't think it was the golden route I was aiming for.. 🥲

This turned into my 2nd favorite Switch game, right next to FE3H.

So yeah major hit in my eyes!!! Now to do the other routes hehehe

Edit:
I don't think I ever had major trouble changing the characters minds.. maybe you didnt explore enough to open new information? Or sometimes I've noticed you don't have to pick the locked option to be able to change their minds, just say the thing you think would resonate with the specific character.

But then again i only did one run, and I have no idea what conviction I ended up getting. I just did what I thought was best. XD
What level were you characters when you finished and (I guess you should maybe use spoiler bars) who were you top 3 characters?

What level were you characters when you finished and (I guess you should maybe use spoiler bars) who were you top 3 characters?
Are you saying I need to use spoiler bars on my previous post? I don't think there are any spoilers in there, if so, where? I'll gladly add it. 😅

My characters were around lvl 35-33 I think!
My top 3 characters as in for battle?
1. Anna was definitely my MVP most of the time, her Act Twice thing is so good added with her poison stab!
2. Erador for his Tanking capabilities
3. Everyone else XD I guess sometimes Serenoas Sweep ability came in handy!

I never ended up using: the small girl, Picoletta(?), Jens, Hossabara, Medino, Julio

Roland and Hughette didn't really work for me either

so my team was mostly
- Serenoa, Frederica, Anna, Geela, Erador, Ezana, Corentin, Narve, Maxwell, and Lionel or Archibald

Managed to get to my preferred choice by blasting through another 10 mock battles. Probably did 20 in total, plus spent 30,000 gold, upgraded 8 weapons, and upgraded classes for 2 characters to boost Liberty points.

Took about 4 hours. I took the time primarily because I know I'm not going to choose this mission when I do what will be my second (and final) playthrough, so I hope I don't need to force things at another juncture in the game. Perhaps I can just let things fall where they will from this point on.

Are you saying I need to use spoiler bars on my previous post? I don't think there are any spoilers in there, if so, where? I'll gladly add it. 😅
Sorry, I meant just for the top 3 characters so ppl wouldn't know about possible recruits! Also, now I'm concerned that I'm either under leveled or a long way from finishing.

My squad is similar to yours with some changes:
Hughette is a key support character with Serenoa, Anna, and Rudolph as the top. With Archibald, Hughette, and Rudolph, I rain murder upon my foes. I also use Narve, Federica, and this shaman lady for a magic attack heavy lineup, with Jens helping sometimes with mobility and traps. Anna though, she is murder to enemy archers/mages.

Sorry, I meant just for the top 3 characters so ppl wouldn't know about possible recruits! Also, now I'm concerned that I'm either under leveled or a long way from finishing.

My squad is similar to yours with some changes:
Hughette is a key support character with Serenoa, Anna, and Rudolph as the top. With Archibald, Hughette, and Rudolph, I rain murder upon my foes. I also use Narve, Federica, and this shaman lady for a magic attack heavy lineup, with Jens helping sometimes with mobility and traps. Anna though, she is murder to enemy archers/mages.
Aah gotcha!

Haha what chapter are you on then?

I have to say I was the recommended level for the final battle, but since I kept dying on there, and since the exp doesn't dissappear after losing, I managed to be overleveled. XD

Game took me about 30-35 hours to finish, and I did all mock battles.
I don't think I've met Rudolph yet so I don't know his specialty, but your team sounds balanced enough!
Hughette just got damagedtooo easily in my team since there are a lot of bow enemies, so i just left her out.

I guess my playstyle doesn't suit those type of characters. Since in Fire Emblem I also never manage to make the pegasus knights work. XD

Aah gotcha!

Haha what chapter are you on then?

I have to say I was the recommended level for the final battle, but since I kept dying on there, and since the exp doesn't dissappear after losing, I managed to be overleveled. XD

Game took me about 30-35 hours to finish, and I did all mock battles.
I don't think I've met Rudolph yet so I don't know his specialty, but your team sounds balanced enough!
Hughette just got damagedtooo easily in my team since there are a lot of bow enemies, so i just left her out.

I guess my playstyle doesn't suit those type of characters. Since in Fire Emblem I also never manage to make the pegasus knights work. XD
I've just started Chapter 14 and most of my characters are 22 or 23.
Rudolph is another archer who also has traps. With Archibald's mobility increased a bit, they're both much stronger archers than Hughette. She can get in remote positions, which makes them a great three person team.

I haven't met Corentin though, and it's one of the reasons I'm excited to replay. I want to go a full sociopathic utility run or a maniacal freedom-loving route. Right now, my bleeding heart morality route has been wild.

Chapter 15’s vote really has me stumped. This is probably the first time I don’t really know what option to choose.

Lost a vote for the first time in chapter 13.

Benedict and Team Chaos won the vote (destroy the dam and flood the city). I find it weird that Serenoa acts like he supports this decision after i tried to convince everyone otherwise, but I guess that comes with his position. I felt like my run was going very well up to this point, so hopefully this doesn't screw us later. I will say the fight wasn't very hard, so maybe the other paths would have required a lot more work.

I'm up to chapter 16. My choice in chapter 15 was
to go with Frederica, because I know I can't get the Golden Route and I want to keep doing what I can to help the Roselle. I'm assuming I'll get another 3 way choice between Benedict, Roland, and Frederica as the game heads towards the end and I'll aim to stick with the Roselle and Frederica.

While I've expressed my frustration with the game in this thread, I will say I think it's excellent. I think there should be toggles or options for more flexibility with the conviction and choice system*, but the soundtrack, visuals, character art, unit balance and map design are superb. I'll be aiming for a Golden Route run in May or June I think.

*maybe a difficulty meter for persuasion scenes: Pushover (characters do what you think), Pliable (characters easier to sway), Conviction (default difficulty), Stubborn (characters harder to persuade), Stonewall (characters very hard to persuade).

Finally managed to beat Chapter 8 (Hard) last night, only had three survivors lol.

This game is excellent so far.

Oh shit????
Big bombshells, I protected the Roselle village and find out that your father dies by getting assassinated. On top of that, Serenoa is actually step siblings to Roland and is royalty?? God damn lol

Oh shit????
Big bombshells, I protected the Roselle village and find out that your father dies by getting assassinated. On top of that, Serenoa is actually step siblings to Roland and is royalty?? God damn lol

Yuuuuuuup. That's the one choice I was forced into by my crew.

No regrets. Still think my arguments were sound, but I quickly forgave them for not listening.

Yuuuuuuup. That's the one choice I was forced into by my crew.

No regrets. Still think my arguments were sound, but I quickly forgave them for not listening.
It was a choice that I chose and convinced lol. I'm honestly surprised and hooked how good this story is. Makes me so curious what would happen if I chose other paths.

So far, I haven't been forced by my crew.

I think I’m missing something, I’m at chapter 11 and the more the story progresses the more under leveled I get. Currently I’m doing a story mission and I’m supposed to be at level 18, yet I started the mission with my soldiers being level 15-16.

Is there any way to level up that is not fighting perhaps?

I think I’m missing something, I’m at chapter 11 and the more the story progresses the more under leveled I get. Currently I’m doing a story mission and I’m supposed to be at level 18, yet I started the mission with my soldiers being level 15-16.

I had the same worry when I was where you're at. It turned out fine. The game makes it hard to have everyone at the recommended level - and near impossible to go over it - but as soon as your units fall too far behind the rubberbanding experience scaling will help them catch up very quickly. On normal the balance felt good to me while going into battle consistently 2-3 levels below rec on average.

Being underleveld is intended. Being undergeared is something to watch out for, though, on specific units if you find yourself leaning on them often.

As for easy grinding without fighting? No. Best you could do is find a mock battle which has destructible barriers and have your weak units attack those.

Last edited:
I'm up to chapter 16. My choice in chapter 15 was
to go with Frederica, because I know I can't get the Golden Route and I want to keep doing what I can to help the Roselle. I'm assuming I'll get another 3 way choice between Benedict, Roland, and Frederica as the game heads towards the end and I'll aim to stick with the Roselle and Frederica.

While I've expressed my frustration with the game in this thread, I will say I think it's excellent. I think there should be toggles or options for more flexibility with the conviction and choice system*, but the soundtrack, visuals, character art, unit balance and map design are superb. I'll be aiming for a Golden Route run in May or June I think.

*maybe a difficulty meter for persuasion scenes: Pushover (characters do what you think), Pliable (characters easier to sway), Conviction (default difficulty), Stubborn (characters harder to persuade), Stonewall (characters very hard to persuade).
I'm on a similar path as you and hitting the end. I will likely jump right back in to another path and can't wait to see how the other stories play out!

Started chapter 17...
Roland deciding he has to submit to Hyzante is a bit of a bummer (also caught off guard by it a little). Definitely siding with the wife over the best friend.

Edit - realising that if I save before the persuasion scene, I might just have a shot at gradually playing out all three choices from this point on. Possibly will require some grinding depending on how my conviction has worked out. Then I'd only need to do one other play though for the Golden Route.

Edit 2: as luck would have it, my save before loading the scenes for the big decision is at 31 hours exactly, so I know that's the save to protect in order to go back and try to get the other endings.

Last edited:
Man, Chapter 13-2 kicked my ass the first time through. Felt like every enemy hit like a truck.

Made extensive use of blind and sleep with Hughette and Anna to get through it on the second try. Only lost one unit that time. Used the +2 movement ability for the party on the first turn and just rushed a side. Worked pretty well.

I learned from the chapter I just lost on that you keep experience if you retreat from battle. Might honestly be worth just trying the battle underleveled, gaining a lot of exp even if you find yourself in a hopeless situation, and trying it out again after retreating. You gain exp very quickly on units that are below the recommended levels. It's a nice thing because if you don't use a unit, you can level them incredibly fast just by spamming random stuff in any battle with a fairly high recommended level. That's still fighting, of course, but possibly more engaging than spamming the practice battles.

Up to the final chapter.
Frederica's route. Chapter 18 was a real backs to the wall battle, but Chapter 19 was then pretty easy. Used rain and lightning magic to hit 5 enemies almost every turn and just held the Goddess statue. Archibald, Trish, and Hughette had a field day. Assuming Chapter 20 will be horrifically hard to make up for it.

Finally managed to play some more, and am now ahead of the Chapter 13.2 battle.

I was pleasantly surprised when the vote was not between two choices, but three. Neat!

So do you have to go through the whole story again in order to play the other routes?
Or can you skip to the voting chapters instantly?

I thought that's what the flowchart was for, but I don't see an option for it.
I am afraid I'll end up skipping over new content this way..

Also it's hilarious how I'm even losing characters on Very Easy mode. XD

30 hours in, now at the start of Chapter 14. I am pretty certain this is my favourite SRPG in terms of battle system and map design and variety. The OST is still fantastic, and the same is true for the playable cast.

If the story stays on this level, this game has a very good shot at becoming my favourite SRPG, period.

At long last, I beat the bar none toughest battle in the game:

Tutorial vs Trish & Travis on NG+ Hard!

I had come close to winning on my third attempt, when Trish got confused and wandered off. Unfortunately, I couldn't replicate that weird AI behaviour on subsequent tries. When it finally worked again, that was enough to let me claim victory with no deaths. Well, technically Serenoa died once or twice, but he always came back.

Besides Roland distracting two enemies while keeping Trish running back and forth in no man's land, the key insight was me realizing that there are tiles of shallow water going all around the pier, so everyone but the Prince was able to turtle up below the south end and only face at most two attackers at any one point. Geela just about managed to outheal the incoming damage, with Serenoa and Benedict acting as tanks. Frederica, safe and secure, was free to rain down fire on whoever posed the biggest threat.

By time everything was done, everybody was two levels above the recommended.

My appreciation for the game resetting inventory back to pre-battle status in case of failure has never been more profound. In other RPGs I'd have been stuck longer still, because I would have refrained from wasting pricey healing items on what seemed like a fight with very low odds of success.

After 40 hours, I have completed 1 route, Frederica's route/ending. What a bittersweet ending...

I can confidently say that Triangle Strategy is without a doubt the best Team Asano game of all time. Gameplay, soundtrack, characters, world building and story are all on an a consistent amazing level. It's not a exaggeration, this game has exceeded my expectations in every way.

I truly hope this game sells over a million copies and we get so many more HD 2D games especially new IPs and more strategy games.

Team Asano is truly goat from Square Enix.

Now, time to see what NG+ is all about.

30 hours in, now at the start of Chapter 14. I am pretty certain this is my favourite SRPG in terms of battle system and map design and variety. The OST is still fantastic, and the same is true for the playable cast.

If the story stays on this level, this game has a very good shot at becoming my favourite SRPG, period.
I was absolutely loving this game and then there was a wild plot twist in Chapter 15 that caught me off-guard. Then I recruited a new character whose abilities I absolutely love, which has made battles more fun.

I feel like as more time passes, the ppl who bounced off the game for whatever reason are gonna be far outweighed by ppl who got to experience the battles and branching storylines. This game is an all-time great.

I was absolutely loving this game and then there was a wild plot twist in Chapter 15 that caught me off-guard. Then I recruited a new character whose abilities I absolutely love, which has made battles more fun.

I feel like as more time passes, the ppl who bounced off the game for whatever reason are gonna be far outweighed by ppl who got to experience the battles and branching storylines. This game is an all-time great.
It does feel like this game will at least hit cult classic status, the praise for it seems almost unanimous.

I'm well behind a lot of people right now (just started chapter 9, haven't had as much time for video games lately) but I'm having a blast

These mock battles in NG+ is something else...survive for 100 turns lol?
I almost lost my temper aginst the stock sound effect of reinforcements in that battle lmao. It can't be helped looking at mobs with inflated stats that hit like trucks and come in swarms. That said, Corentin is the MVP for me due to their ability to modify terrains. Upgrade their weapon to level 3 and learn the "ultimate" skill, then they can basically spam skills every turn with adequate front line and healing.

I almost lost my temper aginst the stock sound effect of reinforcements in that battle lmao. It can't be helped looking at mobs with inflated stats that hit like trucks and come in swarms. That said, Corentin is the MVP for me due to their ability to modify terrains. Upgrade their weapon to level 3 and learn the "ultimate" skill, then they can basically spam skills every turn with adequate front line and healing.
After an hour, I finally did it lol. Lost 1 unit only but damn that was LONG.

For those that have started NG+, is it worth it? I know the scaling for leveling troops is there but I feel the "level as you pace" might be lost, specially for characters you never used. Maybe I am overthinking this.

So uuuhhh can you play NG+ on a super easy difficulty?

It'll be a month or two before I get around to Golden Route. Should be able to reload my chapter 17 save to do the other two endings.

I got Frederica's ending and thoroughly enjoyed it, even with Serenoa dying. I like how the 3 'normal' endings all seem to hinge around Serenoa's key relationships. On this first play through, I couldn't abandon the Roselle, and I'm glad they got to a place of safety.

It'll be a month or two before I get around to Golden Route. Should be able to reload my chapter 17 save to do the other two endings.

I got Frederica's ending and thoroughly enjoyed it, even with Serenoa dying. I like how the 3 'normal' endings all seem to hinge around Serenoa's key relationships. On this first play through, I couldn't abandon the Roselle, and I'm glad they got to a place of safety.
Same feeling here too lol.

You can change difficulty to very easy at any time you want other than inside battles

Game is (almost) a million seller already.

Edit: Apparently it is supposed to be read as "sold almost 800k WW, including 200k in Japan+Asia", so still a bit to go. But it will most likely get there before long.

Last edited:

Game is (almost) a million seller already.

Edit: Apparently it is supposed to be read as "sold almost 800k WW, including 200k in Japan+Asia", so still a bit to go. But it will most likely get there before long.

Great news and hopefully there will be a longer tail due to positive word of mouth.

I, too, am asking the scales for guidance every time I even think of paying the burger joint a visit.

Skipping on burgers is the moral and utalitarian choice.

With a high enough freedom conviction score, you can talk anyone into fries, though.

Started NG+. First map was a pain, but I got it after a few tries. And leveled up Benedict from 6 to 30 in the process. I think I'll try and get everyone up to par this run, at least till I get bored grinding. I want to try mixing up my teams more often instead of just sticking to my mainstays.

Back
Top Bottom