• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Triangle Strategy |ST| Romance of the Three Angles [NSW|PC]

Choose your conviction!

• Utility

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Morality

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • Liberty

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • One does not simply choose a conviction.

Votes: 50 66.7%

• Total voters
It's kind of funny that the single most powerful attack I have yet encountered in the game is a merchant throwing coins at you.

It took me a while due to life getting in the way, but I completed my first run of this game with Frederica's route. Unlike a lot of concerns seen online before release I never had any doubts that the game would be good, but it went beyond my expectations and supplanted Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together as my favorite SRPG. It wasn't overly long and the story didn't get bogged down with supernatural deities working behind the scenes which was one of my biggest gripes with Final Fantasy Tactics. I also love how each character was set into their own unique classes rather then having an all-encompassing class system since it meant that there was no way you could just create an all-powerful unit that would trounce anything that got in its path. Instead you had to recognize both the advantages and disadvantages your units had and work them into your strategy to create a cohesive team.

Now for my disappointments, I wish that more maps took advantage of the weather system since every battle took place during sunny weather and it usually came down to using Ezana if you wanted to change it up. More map variety with the mental mock battles would have been appreciated; finally I would have loved to have a skit viewer like in the Bravely series so we can watch and keep track of character stories we unlocked and I would have loved to have seen our optional recruits interact with one another in these scenes outside of our main party members. Overall this is probably my favorite Switch release of the year so far and easily my GOTY. I'll be taking my time in getting the rest of the endings, but I'll have that crown over the title like in Octopath Traveler eventually and hopefully after Live A Live the next original HD-2D title won't be too far behind.

It took me a while due to life getting in the way, but I completed my first run of this game with Frederica's route. Unlike a lot of concerns seen online before release I never had any doubts that the game would be good, but it went beyond my expectations and supplanted Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together as my favorite SRPG. It wasn't overly long and the story didn't get bogged down with supernatural deities working behind the scenes which was one of my biggest gripes with Final Fantasy Tactics. I also love how each character was set into their own unique classes rather then having an all-encompassing class system since it meant that there was no way you could just create an all-powerful unit that would trounce anything that got in its path. Instead you had to recognize both the advantages and disadvantages your units had and work them into your strategy to create a cohesive team.

Now for my disappointments, I wish that more maps took advantage of the weather system since every battle took place during sunny weather and it usually came down to using Ezana if you wanted to change it up. More map variety with the mental mock battles would have been appreciated; finally I would have loved to have a skit viewer like in the Bravely series so we can watch and keep track of character stories we unlocked and I would have loved to have seen our optional recruits interact with one another in these scenes outside of our main party members. Overall this is probably my favorite Switch release of the year so far and easily my GOTY. I'll be taking my time in getting the rest of the endings, but I'll have that crown over the title like in Octopath Traveler eventually and hopefully after Live A Live the next original HD-2D title won't be too far behind.
Great points in the second paragraph there, I thought there would be more weather changes when I got Nezana and the way the game tells you about how the topography can change based on abilities. Archibald also has a skill enhanced by weather, but there are very few times where that seems to matter.

I don't fault the game too much, bc they clearly spent a lot of time thinking about elevation and the map layout. Weather was just too much on top of all that. Also, Dragon Quest 3 Remake is my most anticipated next to HD-2D game, since I've never played it. Long-term, I really hope Triangle Strategy beat SE's expectations, bc Team Asano deserves all the support/resources they can get to make more games.

Holy shit, I straight up got a Game Over screen in Chapter XI. I did not expect to lose the game.

Update Version 1.0.3 (several fixes)
Another small update. As with 1.0.2, they once again do not specify what exactly they fixed.

b7BeZHK.jpg

https://en-americas-support.nintend.../a_id/58084/~/how-to-update-triangle-strategy

Last edited:
Oh wow, I didn't realise until now but Anna got hit by a ice mage and was inflicted with silence so she can't use magic. But what really got me was when I attacked an enemy from behind she will say 'A sound Strike' or 'We win' but since she got inflicted with silence, she says nothing or rather can't say anything, I love these small details lol.

I'm new to the forum, and I just wanted to say that I agree with every word you said here. The surprisingly gripping story, distinct characters with dedicated classes, accessible SRPG combat, and impeccably designed battle scenarios combine to make this my all-time favorite SRPG as well. I was honestly completely lukewarm on the game after playing the Prologue demo before release, but the final product totally surprised me. I was hooked on it for 40-ish hours before finishing it and then moving on to the evangelizing phase of trying to convince all of my friends to buy it.

I also really enjoyed discussing it with my brother as he played it. He deviated from me on several key decision points, and his playthrough ended up being wildly different as a result. Great stuff.

I'm also very much looking forward to the Live-a-Live remake. I still can barely believe that it's happening.

It's funny because most of the reasons that you brought up as things that made you love the game here are why it fell a bit flat for me. The lack of some external motivating forces and mythology (like deities, ancient hidden powerful relics, fantasy mcguffins of some sort, lost hidden ancient civilizations, lost ancient technology, etc.) made the story feel very bland to me. I just didn't connect with any of the characters or the plot much at all. My favorite thing in any story is mystery, exploration, and the unknown, and this game felt pretty much devoid of that. It was just people being people, in a conflict about resources, with a lot of backstabbing and making difficult political decisions. Which, granted, is kind of what it was advertised as, and I know a lot of people like that! But that's not the kind of story I care for at all.

Character customization and unit building did get a bit better late game once you start unlocking the final weapon abilities and such, but overall I still found it to be far too limiting. My favorite thing about tactics games is the team building aspect of it and crafting every unit you have into something special, and that's extremely minor and lacking in this game. The upgrades just don't feel very meaningful, for one thing, and this is compounded by the fact that the game makes all of the upgrade materials and class promotion items SO limited for no reason.

Overall, I still enjoyed the game, but I'm at the final battle of Benedict's route right now and while I think I'll finish it, I feel basically no motivation to do any more with the game after this. I'm left with a very large "That's it?" feeling right now.

I'd probably give the game around a 7/10 on the whole. Which isn't bad, mind you! This whole post probably comes across as more negative than I really mean to be, but I guess my final thoughts would be that this just isn't the kind of tactics game that I enjoy and it isn't really a game for me. And that's okay! It's good to have variety in games and genres for different people to get different flavors of things they love. I'll just have to wait for the next Fire Emblem, or the FFTactics remake rumor to happen.

It's funny because most of the reasons that you brought up as things that made you love the game here are why it fell a bit flat for me. The lack of some external motivating forces and mythology (like deities, ancient hidden powerful relics, fantasy mcguffins of some sort, lost hidden ancient civilizations, lost ancient technology, etc.) made the story feel very bland to me. I just didn't connect with any of the characters or the plot much at all. My favorite thing in any story is mystery, exploration, and the unknown, and this game felt pretty much devoid of that. It was just people being people, in a conflict about resources, with a lot of backstabbing and making difficult political decisions. Which, granted, is kind of what it was advertised as, and I know a lot of people like that! But that's not the kind of story I care for at all.

Character customization and unit building did get a bit better late game once you start unlocking the final weapon abilities and such, but overall I still found it to be far too limiting. My favorite thing about tactics games is the team building aspect of it and crafting every unit you have into something special, and that's extremely minor and lacking in this game. The upgrades just don't feel very meaningful, for one thing, and this is compounded by the fact that the game makes all of the upgrade materials and class promotion items SO limited for no reason.

Overall, I still enjoyed the game, but I'm at the final battle of Benedict's route right now and while I think I'll finish it, I feel basically no motivation to do any more with the game after this. I'm left with a very large "That's it?" feeling right now.

I'd probably give the game around a 7/10 on the whole. Which isn't bad, mind you! This whole post probably comes across as more negative than I really mean to be, but I guess my final thoughts would be that this just isn't the kind of tactics game that I enjoy and it isn't really a game for me. And that's okay! It's good to have variety in games and genres for different people to get different flavors of things they love. I'll just have to wait for the next Fire Emblem, or the FFTactics remake rumor to happen.

In term of variety, I concur that each character in TS is not as customizable as in other SRPGs, but I think the wide and diverse cast of playable characters makes up for that. Each come with their own unique mechanics, so I seek variety not in customizing each of them, but in permutating their deployment to see how efficient I can in utilizing map layout to my advantage.
When I enter the valley map (you know which one), I can choose between using Hughette, Flanagan, Jens, Milo or Anna for mobility. Or I can just deploy Quahaug or Hossabara and have them yeeting the archers or mages to a comfortable place so that they can unleash their attacks.

Perhaps the Hard diffiiculty indeed restricts options for a viable strategy, but in Normal difficulty, battles are always lenient enough for me to have flexibility in party organization even after I already fixed a general strategy I want to execute (e.g stalling with tanks, sweeping with mages' AoE spells, or picking mobs one by one using archers/assasins).

During my NG and NG+ runs, only Medina was not extensively deployed by me, but she helped me greatly by the end of the NG+ run since money/shop stocks are no longer constrained.

More so than other games, Triangle Strategy feels like an interactive fantasy novel. As with books, I feel like if the story isn't compelling then everything else just falls apart. You can't really appreciate the TP system (a brilliant alternative to mana/MP imo) if your eyes glaze over every time the insufferably polite and chaste Serenoa and Frederica discuss their marriage.

Me personally, I eat that trash up for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In the month since the game came out, it's still a lock for personal GOTY. However, I've definitely become more understanding of how the game is a miss for some people.

I'm new to the forum, and I just wanted to say that I agree with every word you said here. The surprisingly gripping story, distinct characters with dedicated classes, accessible SRPG combat, and impeccably designed battle scenarios combine to make this my all-time favorite SRPG as well. I was honestly completely lukewarm on the game after playing the Prologue demo before release, but the final product totally surprised me. I was hooked on it for 40-ish hours before finishing it and then moving on to the evangelizing phase of trying to convince all of my friends to buy it.

I also really enjoyed discussing it with my brother as he played it. He deviated from me on several key decision points, and his playthrough ended up being wildly different as a result. Great stuff.

I'm also very much looking forward to the Live-a-Live remake. I still can barely believe that it's happening.
It's great to hear you warmed up to the game over time and welcome. I used to be a lurker on Resetera and I remember reading your thread on the final demo and while I disagreed with your points I respected the fact that you presented them in a well-articulated fashion. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the rest of that community and all the hot takes in that and other Direct threads finally got me to swear off following that forum any longer.

Hearing how you and your brothers playthroughs were so different from one another brought back memories of when me and my cousin bought Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis and how over the summer our playthroughs also deviated in that game.

To be fair I'm not against supernatural elements in games (otherwise RPGs wouldn't be one of my favorite genres) I just don't like it when they are shoved to the forefront and change the trajectory of the story greatly. Final Fantasy Tactics comes to mind because for most of the story it's about the realistic issues like the divide between the rich and poor, the corruption of power, and the follies of ambition; but then it takes a sharp u-turn when the lucavi are introduced and all that is pushed to the side in favor of stopping these demons from resurrecting a world-ending threat.

While the character customisation we usually see in other SRPGs is gone I would argue that the team building aspect is greater here then in its peers. While you may not be able to craft every unit to your preference the fact that they all have their own individual strengths and weaknesses makes it important to craft specific teams to take advantage of the various conditions and layouts of every battle you come across. In my opinion that is much more strategic than crafting these all-powerful units that can steamroll everything regardless of battlefield terrain and conditions.

However I understand that not every game will click with everyone (there have been plenty of games that I never liked despite popularity and critical acclaim) and hopefully the next SRPG that comes around on the Switch will be more to your liking.

Finally hit Chapter XV. Time to see what the fuss is about.

This game has been top-tier for me personally, by the way. This might have taken the place of GotY, were it not for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 coming in September to give it some fierce competition.

Feels great to have a brand new all-timer SRPG on the Switch, at home alongside such titles as Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Mario + Rabbids.

Finally hit Chapter XV. Time to see what the fuss is about.

This game has been top-tier for me personally, by the way. This might have taken the place of GotY, were it not for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 coming in September to give it some fierce competition.

Feels great to have a brand new all-timer SRPG on the Switch, at home alongside such titles as Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Mario + Rabbids.

Also hit chapter XV today - I struggled a bit with the battle in chapter XIV but made it at long last.
This is definitely has made a much bigger impact on me than I ever expected it to do.
I didnt think I would enjoy it as much as I have.

On a sidenote, how long did the game take for everyone to beat?
I look at HTB and it lists it at roughly 30 hours.. I'm at 33 hours now I think and I'm only at chapter 15. Unless it goes much faster towards the end I', not ruling out another 15 or so hours

I look at HTB and it lists it at roughly 30 hours.. I'm at 33 hours now I think and I'm only at chapter 15. Unless it goes much faster towards the end I', not ruling out another 15 or so hours
I think I completed my first playthrough after about 43 hours. I took my sweet time with it, though.

I somehow managed to stretch it out to 74ish hours. I take massively longer than average on every game I play, but in this case even I struggle to explain where that time went. Reading all the lore entries, searching every square inch during exploration phases for hidden cats and strategizing upgrade paths surely couldn't add up to that much.

Around 40 hours

Also hit chapter XV today - I struggled a bit with the battle in chapter XIV but made it at long last.
This is definitely has made a much bigger impact on me than I ever expected it to do.

The pacing of the story will pick up from Chapter 16 onward, so I think finishing the game at around 40 hours is still within your reach.
For my case, in the NG playthrough I took ~45 hours to devour everything (side stories, heart-to-heart cutscences, mock battles), but there was some grinding needed in the final chapter, and I started to feel a difficulty spike from Chapter 17 onward, YMMV of course.

I was about 40 hours for both my first and new game+ playthroughs. In the first one, a lot of time was spent exploring and grinding resources/levels in the mock battles plus I read through every story scene without skipping. In my second playthrough, I skipped every story scene I'd seen before, but I still spent a lot of time leveling up under-used characters.

My conclusion, is that it's possible to beat the game much more quickly if you a) stick to a fixed group of 10 characters, b) conclude exploration quickly, c) go with whatever gets decided without trying to convince anyone, and d) don't do mock battles. In short....if you ignore most of the game.

I have been playing slowly due to irl stuff (nothing serious just can’t spend a lot of time at home where I always play) but after spending the last 2 days trying to beat chapter 7 (route of choosing to not give Ronald + not using the ‘secret weapon’ ) in hard it has made remind why I love srpgs so much this has been the game I have enjoyed the most this year and now that I have almost all week free to play I hope I can finally put some decent hours into it.
Edit: I have 12:30h in that’s probably a lot for chapter 7 but I have done almost all optional stuff and I have not skipped history

Just beat chapter 18 - feels like I am inching very close to the end now.

Great game! Best so far this year with Elden Ring for me.

I completed 3 endings now. Benedict's last 3 chapters definitely had the most dialogue, moreso than Roland's and Frederica's route combined lol.

I also did Benedict's route all on hard and unlocked the shiny crown on my title screen.

Now, onto the Golden ending. Any advice on what to do to get the golden ending?

Oh wow, I didn't realise until now but Anna got hit by a ice mage and was inflicted with silence so she can't use magic. But what really got me was when I attacked an enemy from behind she will say 'A sound Strike' or 'We win' but since she got inflicted with silence, she says nothing or rather can't say anything, I love these small details lol.
I noticed that as well. Characters inflicted with Silence don't say anything. It's really a nice touch.

I completed 3 endings now. Benedict's last 3 chapters definitely had the most dialogue, moreso than Roland's and Frederica's route combined lol.

I also did Benedict's route all on hard and unlocked the shiny crown on my title screen.

Now, onto the Golden ending. Any advice on what to do to get the golden ending?
I had to look up the golden ending instructions bc it's not intuitive and there's multiple steps. Also, it's definitely going to be more helpful if you've recruited everyone! I did have to spend time grinding to level up under-used characters though.

Looking back at this game after some time has passed since my first playthrough, I am more confident now than ever that this game has a special place in my heart.

Not only did I greatly enjoy the moment-to-moment combat, as a "gameplay first, story later if at all" kind of guy. I also love the way the story unfolds, and it actually managed to grab my interest and to keep it all the way theough. The main cast of characters has no duds, they are all interesting in their own way, and also fit together nicely as a composition. The maps are varied. The OST is an absolute banger. The package as a whole is simply put one of the best games I played in recent memory, and puts the game firmly among the best in its genre.

It definietely is my personal GotY so far.

Now, if only I were able to find the time to make a NG+ run. That would be nice.

This thread has been kind of dead recently so let's get some conversations in here! Just finished the 2nd of the 4 endings (Finished Benedict's & Frederica's). Planning to do the last 2 as well. What did folks think of the various endings?

I won't say what ending I got, but it left me kinda empty.
Which ending did you get btw?

This thread has been kind of dead recently so let's get some conversations in here! Just finished the 2nd of the 4 endings (Finished Benedict's & Frederica's). Planning to do the last 2 as well. What did folks think of the various endings?

Which ending did you get btw?
I've only done Frederica's ending and the golden ending, and I don't think I'll play through it additional times to see all the different route options and recruit the 3 characters I've missed. I enjoyed both endings, but I was not prepared for the extra challenges to get through it.

I'm glad I went for the golden ending though, bc it forced me to finally use everyone. My team of about 12 characters became pretty fixed, but the variety of tactics you can use with someone like the time boy in the mix is wild.

I got this last week in chapter XIII right now and honestly mostly used typical FE bottleneck strategies to moderate success

On this chapter I noticed all these ways the enemy had of setting tiles on fire and spreading it so I brought the shaman and archmage to put out fires and lightning strike the puddles since the enemy had no lightning I thought it was fool proof

Welp the reinforcement's a couple turns later have an elite lightning mage forcing me to alter my plan

I managed to sleep him while we handled the rest and honestly I felt pretty awesome, I loved the game's story but this is the first time I tried to actively use my full roster instead of the usual tank and spank

Really good game, finished one route an jumped straight to new game+. This is my fav SRPG on switch, way better than FETH in my opinion

I've got overarching thoughts, not so much story spoilers as structural musings, after seeing the Benedict ending:

It may have gone unnoticed between negative opinions about the voice acting and him being a boring character, but Serenoa is deceptively well-written. Whenever players have a choice between different dialogue options, no matter what they pick, what comes out will sound like Serenoa. More impressively, it'll be congruent with a specific interpretation of who Serenoa is if they're roleplaying as such. All answers make sense with the, restricted, variety of view points a young noble who was raised to rule and be competent in the areas a feudal society expects them to be competent in might express.

The scales of conviction is part of the trick because it allows Serenoa to never be in a position of direct responsibility. A player can be forced into actions that go against their internal characterization of Serenoa, but because the decision wasn't his fault, players are still able to reconcile those contradictions in their mind.

I understand the splitting of the story into three paths named after and shaped by people who aren't the main protagonist to be another attempt to guard against this problem of incongruity. Writing three logical endings around a character who players are given some agency over and a degree of flexibility in how they wish to perceive them, is almost impossible to do without risking inconsistencies. Letting actors who are not shapeable by the player in any way and who are who they are be the driving force circumvents that issue.

Except...

The Benedict route nonetheless failed in small, correctable ways. Serenoa gives in a little too easily, gives up a little too much, for the person he had been throughout 16 chapters in my campaign. It's only in nuances and bits of dialogue, like handing off a pre-battle speech to rally the troops or waving off the troubles of the poor, but the result was that for the final three chapters Serenoa was not my own. And it's frustrating because the game almost pulled off the illusion and it's amazing it got that close.

Last edited:
I've got overarching thoughts, not so much story spoilers as structural musings, after seeing the Benedict ending:

It may have gone unnoticed between negative opinions about the voice acting and him being a boring character, but Serenoa is deceptively well-written. Whenever players have a choice between different dialogue options, no matter what they pick, what comes out will sound like Serenoa. More impressively, it'll be congruent with a specific interpretation of who Serenoa is if they're roleplaying as such. All answers make sense with the, restricted, variety of view points a young noble who was raised to rule and be competent in the areas a feudal society expects them to be competent in might express.

The scales of conviction is part of the trick because it allows Serenoa to never be in a position of direct responsibility. A player can be forced into actions that go against their internal characterization of Serenoa, but because the decision wasn't his fault, players are still able to reconcile those contradictions in their mind.

I understand the splitting of the story into three paths named after and shaped by people who aren't the main protagonist to be another attempt to guard against this problem of incongruity. Writing three logical endings around a character who players are given some agency over and a degree of flexibility in how they wish to perceive them, is almost impossible to do without risking inconsistencies. Letting actors who are not shapeable by the player in any way and who are who they are be the driving force circumvents that issue.

Except...

The Benedict route nonetheless failed in small, correctable ways. Serenoa gives in a little too easily, gives up a little too much, for the person he had been throughout 16 chapters in my campaign. It's only in nuances and bits of dialogue, like handing off a pre-battle speech to rally the troops or waving off the troubles of the poor, but the result was that for the final three chapters Serenoa was not my own. And it's frustrating because the game almost pulled off the illusion and it's amazing it got that close.

Red ending
I think my problem with Benedict’s ending is that I think it could’ve gone differently. I agree that Serenoa gave up too much of himself to get there. I think if Serenoa had asserted himself more, that actually would’ve pleased Benedict.

You can tell Frederica hates what Serenoa has become since she calls him “Your Majesty” instead of Serenoa. I’m guessing they didn’t get married either?

If anything I’m surprised that Svarog is apparently fine, and Archduke Gustadoplh didn’t backstab Glenbrook.

That actually would’ve been a great way to make it a bad ending. Gustadolph backstabs Glenbrook after beating Hyzante. Serenoa and Benedict manage to outsmart Gustadolph to win the final war but it results in a large loss of life and destruction. Maybe Aesfrost uses the cannon on Glenbrook too. Serenoa and co are managing to hold things together and are slowly improving things but Norzelia is so war ravaged that its people are upset.

Red ending
I think my problem with Benedict’s ending is that I think it could’ve gone differently. I agree that Serenoa gave up too much of himself to get there. I think if Serenoa had asserted himself more, that actually would’ve pleased Benedict.

You can tell Frederica hates what Serenoa has become since she calls him “Your Majesty” instead of Serenoa. I’m guessing they didn’t get married either?

If anything I’m surprised that Svarog is apparently fine, and Archduke Gustadoplh didn’t backstab Glenbrook.

That actually would’ve been a great way to make it a bad ending. Gustadolph backstabs Glenbrook after beating Hyzante. Serenoa and Benedict manage to outsmart Gustadolph to win the final war but it results in a large loss of life and destruction. Maybe Aesfrost uses the cannon on Glenbrook too. Serenoa and co are managing to hold things together and are slowly improving things but Norzelia is so war ravaged that its people are upset.

I said my problems with the ending were fixable, and you point out some easy ways to do it, but upon reflection I'm not sure how much the devs or writers would be interested in fixing it. They were going for a deliberate message with how the story has Exharme Marcial explicitely call out Serenoa as Benedict's puppet and later gives Serenoa the chance to walk away from Benedict only for Serenoa to reject it. The miscalculation is whether those versions of Serenoa's character who would fit the Benedict ending make up the majority or even a significant share of playthroughs which end in Benedict's route.

I think Serenoa and Frederica live in an unhappy political marriage. That part I didn't mind. Or, well, I minded it very much, but I can buy it as the sad inevitable consequence of me making Serenoa tell Frederica one time too many "Wait. Your time and the time for the Roselle will come. Right now other things are more important."

Svarog I completely forgot about. Just like the story completely forgot about him. And his grudge against Gustadolph was something my strategy for achieving a good outcome hinged on for the longest time. I assume Svarog's arc will be paid off in at least one of the other endings.

Last edited:
I said my problems with the ending were fixable, and you point out some easy ways to do it, but upon reflection I'm not sure how much the devs or writers would be interested in fixing it. They were going for a deliberate message with how the story has Exharme Marcial explicitely call out Serenoa as Benedict's puppet and later gives Serenoa the chance to walk away from Benedict only for Serenoa to reject it. The miscalculation is whether those versions of Serenoa's character who would fit the Benedict ending make up the majority or even a significant share of playthroughs which end in Benedict's route.

I think Serenoa and Frederica live in an unhappy political marriage. That part I didn't mind. Or, well, I minded it very much, but I can buy it as the sad inevitable consequence of me making Serenoa tell Frederica one time too many "Wait. Your time and the time for the Roselle will come. Right now other things are more important."

Svarog I completely forgot about. Just like the story completely forgot about him. And his grudge against Gustadolph was something my strategy for achieving a good outcome hinged on for the longest time. I assume Svarog's arc will be paid off in at least one of the other endings.
Hm interesting thoughts. Btw have you done any of the other endings?

After 90 hours, I have got all the endings and did the golden ending last. What a journey. This game has exceeded my expectations in every way.

I also unlocked the Triangle Strategy song on the menu, what the hell, this insanely good lmao.

And that final picture in the golden ending tugged a few of my heart strings not going to lie lol, I love these characters.

I can safely conclude that Triangle Strategy is my most favorite Team Asano game. I honestly can't praise it enough.

Really thought with May being barren when it comes to new releases that interest me, I would be able to churn out another playthrough or two of this game. But life got busier, so that is not going to happen anytime soon. Hell, I am not even done with 13 Sentinels and still working on BD2, both of which I have neglected to some extent in the last couple of weeks.

Combine all that with the onslaught of Live A Live and Xenoblade 3 in July, plus whatever comes beyond, and let's just say I would consider myself lucky if I got around to my NG+ Golden Route playthrough this year at all.

Still, I enjoy reading others' thoughts on this game, so keep them coming!

Well I'm finally near the end of my first playthrough after taking a break from this game. I enjoyed it a lot for the most part but I am seriously annoyed by Roland
deciding Hyzante is the way to go.
It feels so OOC to me, like the writers realized that Roland didn't fit 2/3 routes so they went with the slightly more believable option that still didn't make sense. I might be wrong since I missed part of his 'story' during that one chapter where you split up but it still made me go WTF.

Well I'm finally near the end of my first playthrough after taking a break from this game. I enjoyed it a lot for the most part but I am seriously annoyed by Roland
deciding Hyzante is the way to go.
It feels so OOC to me, like the writers realized that Roland didn't fit 2/3 routes so they went with the slightly more believable option that still didn't make sense. I might be wrong since I missed part of his 'story' during that one chapter where you split up but it still made me go WTF.

Generally agreed but
apparently his ch 15 experience does help explain his decision a bit mire but I still think it’s out of character as well. I agree they needed someone to side with Hyzante but Roland went too far. Like a “lets use minister exharme and lyla to side with Hyzante but stay our own country might have been more palatable.

Well something hilariously awkward just happened, I unlocked
Maxwell right after Roland left our party forever. Hope he doesn't ask too many questions 😬

Returned to the game and ended up enjoying it a lot more than when I initially dropped it. Enough so to beat it twice even (utility and true end).

Game is overall really well written. My only real complaints there are the endings feel a bit forced (like the ending representatives could probably have talked things through a bit more, but I get it), and I wish there were more interactions between unlockable characters in the optional cutscenes. Difficult to implement though with how easy it is to miss many characters.
Maxwell not really getting any reaction out of Roland when I unlocked him felt a bit off lol

I still have some issues with how certain boss maps tend to play out (especially on hard mode), but I think what got me to eventually like the combat more was realizing how useful even seemingly "weak" characters are, they're all very specialized which allows you to do pretty creative stuff, some of the later maps have pretty good design too, the minecart one being a standout.

Also wish they were a bit more generous with upgrade materials within the story missions itself because doing mock battles is very lucrative and feels hard to ignore, might again be an issue with playing on hard.

Overall pretty glad I gave the game another shot, it's really good.

Last edited:
Is there NO other way to grind outside the mock battles? I have to keep redoing one I hate and it's getting on my nerves
Technically just trying and failing/restarting a story battle also gives xp, and the game has a rubberbanding effect where being underleveled vastly increases xp gain. You really shouldn't need to grind that much if at all

Back
Top Bottom